AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-04-14, 15:47   Link #661
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
did the author forget that the MC is a martial artist with true skills? how is it that he cant doge sword swings from noobs in games that obviously arent combat expert or even close to the matter, for example the MC girl, in RL she is way weak but in game apparently she has skills superior to a EX swat veteran and Soldier, the amount of plot holes in this novel is way to much
Actually, this is what I fear from this story. If the story heads down this path... Well its not something I would enjoy.

The beginning of the manwha built him up to be a pro..... Hinted he was a pro gamer before joining the military/swat and also studied/practiced a martial art

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 15:51   Link #662
casgoldsmith

Quote:
after reading 30 chapter i must say this novel is pretty damn horrible, how is it that the MC who is a Combat expert cant dodge in the game, is the game even virtual reality????
one of the worst Virtual novels i ever read, so many stupid moments is infuriating, did the author forget that the MC is a martial artist with true skills? how is it that he cant doge sword swings from noobs in games that obviously arent combat expert or even close to the matter, for example the MC girl, in RL she is way weak but in game apparently she has skills superior to a EX swat veteran and Soldier, the amount of plot holes in this novel is way to much
"how is it that he cant doge sword swings from noobs"

stats is all, deal with it
Destiny isn't like LMS or ARK
in destiny if your status is lower than your opponent you can't dodge the attack so easily

"in RL she is way weak but in game apparently she has skills superior to a EX swat veteran and Soldier, the amount of plot holes in this novel is way to much"

That's true, I don't understand why she's so superior
Damn, he's a expert and a veteran, he have much more experience in fights than her
ok, it's a game but... damn
Old 2015-04-14, 16:16   Link #663
Rainne

Quote:
"how is it that he cant doge sword swings from noobs"

stats is all, deal with it
Destiny isn't like LMS or ARK
in destiny if your status is lower than your opponent you can't dodge the attack so easily

"in RL she is way weak but in game apparently she has skills superior to a EX swat veteran and Soldier, the amount of plot holes in this novel is way to much"

That's true, I don't understand why she's so superior
Damn, he's a expert and a veteran, he have much more experience in fights than her
ok, it's a game but... damn
i was fine with most of the stuff, but what trully Bugged me was the combat of everyone else, they advertise the game to be 97% real, meaning the monsters look real etc, so how come there arent people who are afraid? even if it is a game, combat is the same regardless if its RL or a game, more so if its virtual with a virtual body and the MC being a martial arts expert is another, a OLD man who has fought countless battles will still beat the living crap out of a man in his early 20s that has never fought before. stats should matter if its way above but if there are the same level or a few apart, skills is what matter, but in destiny skills mean nothing in the face of levels, after reading it destiny feels more like a traditional RPG with WASD and 1-9 instead of being virtual were people just spam Combos and click 1-9 for skills.

another example are the custom combo thing, the MC should have enough insights to fighting for him to actually find the weakness instantly but in the game is like he becomes a completely different person and his martial arts skills go to hell and becomes a noob, i mean a punch or swing is still a punch and swing even if its in a game, a punch from a noob has so many openings he should easily dropped them but like i said before he forgets everything , this is one of those plot holes, it just seems way to unbelieveable that every person playing the game somehow knows how to swing and punch/kick correctly, this story would of been much better if they would have made the gaming aspect 2nd, and had everything else outside of the game, something akin to Coiling Dragon or ST, since there is QI and the MC knows it.

there is also another chapter that really pisses me off, in the game the MC only uses his sword, why doesnt he use his kick to diverge incoming enemy like he will in RL, or try to use QI in the game to make it a skill, sigh.

Last edited by Rainne; 2015-04-14 at 16:28.
Rainne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 16:18   Link #664
casgoldsmith

Quote:
i was fine with most of the stuff, but what trully Bugged me was the combat of everyone else, they advertise the game to be 97% real, meaning the monsters look real etc, so how come there arent people who are afraid? even if it is a game, combat is the same regardless if its RL or a game, more so if its virtual with a virtual body and the MC being a martial arts expert is another, a OLD man who has fought countless battles will still beat the living crap out of a man in his early 20s that has never fought before. stats should matter if its way above but if there are the same level or a few apart, skills is what matter, but in destiny skills mean nothing in the face of levels, after reading it destiny feels more like a traditional RPG with WASD and 1-9 instead of being virtual
"destiny feels more like a traditional RPG with WASD and 1-9 instead of being virtual"

[2]

Zhan is so inferior if compared with LMS/ARK
LMS/ARK = FREEDOM"
Old 2015-04-14, 16:30   Link #665
Rainne

Quote:
"destiny feels more like a traditional RPG with WASD and 1-9 instead of being virtual"

[2]

Zhan is so inferior if compared with LMS/ARK
LMS/ARK = FREEDOM"
i had to drop it, i almost punch my monitor after reading 35 chapters, thats how infuriating zhan long was, i even had nightmares from the sheer stupidity.
i seriously never hated a novel this much
Old 2015-04-14, 19:09   Link #666
obnuchious

for those who had read/seen Sword Art Online....

what if that 'antagonist/creator' from that series were to make Destiny into a Death Game, right after say....near billion players already present . . .
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 21:05   Link #667
Rainne

Quote:
for those who had read/seen Sword Art Online....

what if that 'antagonist/creator' from that series were to make Destiny into a Death Game, right after say....near billion players already present . .
then the MC is toast, destiny is way to simple, it doesnt care about combat experience, all it cares about is Levels and gear, its the simplest of games, ill give zhan long another shot if it gets an update that makes the game unique like LMS or Ark, or even any other Virtual reality game, sword art online included, atleast in that game combat experience was needed.
Old 2015-04-14, 21:43   Link #668
Schion93

Quote:
then the MC is toast, destiny is way to simple, it doesnt care about combat experience, all it cares about is Levels and gear, its the simplest of games, ill give zhan long another shot if it gets an update that makes the game unique like LMS or Ark, or even any other Virtual reality game, sword art online included, atleast in that game combat experience was needed.
try "shadow rogue" then, its also a chinese novel with VRMMO theme and so far the MC is pretty good,

Spoiler:
Schion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 22:39   Link #669
Rainne

Quote:
try "shadow rogue" then, its also a chinese novel with VRMMO theme and so far the MC is pretty good,
reading shadow rougue will get nowhere, it has way to many chapters and at the pace japtem is translating them it will take a few decades to even finish it.
Old 2015-04-15, 00:35   Link #670
Voceane

Is Liu San Er from chapter 153 from the same family than tyrant?
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 18:30   Link #671
Dy5function

Quote:
reading shadow rougue will get nowhere, it has way to many chapters and at the pace japtem is translating them it will take a few decades to even finish it.
Shadow Rogue seemed promising imo, but after using multiple machine translators, and reading up to chapter 85, I finally dropped it due to no development in plot

Spoiler for Plot of SR:
Dy5function is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 20:25   Link #672
perspherspley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dy5function View Post
Shadow Rogue seemed promising imo, but after using multiple machine translators, and reading up to chapter 85, I finally dropped it due to no development in plot

Spoiler for Plot of SR:
Well, that's the same as Zhan Long.
perspherspley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 07:54   Link #673
Kazwell
SSS-Rank Ghoul

Well , the MC sin Shadow Rogue is a former assasin , and his aim is to be the strongest IG ,but i agree that him having his dinner at the same restaurant every freaking time he log off , with rarely any event IRL , is truly boring.....
Old 2015-04-17, 07:58   Link #674
itisjustme

Dedicated players order pizzas or something yo, who'd waste two hours at a restaurant all that xp/loot you could be getting instead grrrrrrrrrr.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 13:01   Link #675
Lotharista
Gembel

ahhh, so it was porto the one who died..
Lotharista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 09:45   Link #676
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Dedicated players order pizzas or something yo, who'd waste two hours at a restaurant all that xp/loot you could be getting instead grrrrrrrrrr.
actually, there is a reason for why he goes out to eat, in chapter 12 it was explained that all gamers have a limit of being able to only game for 8 hours straight and if they try to exceed that limit then the system will forcefully log him out so he is only able to game 8 hours a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dy5function View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazwell View Post
Well , the MC sin Shadow Rogue is a former assasin , and his aim is to be the strongest IG ,but i agree that him having his dinner at the same restaurant every freaking time he log off , with rarely any event IRL , is truly boring.....
I haven't read the raws so I wouldn't know about that but considering that volume 1 alone has over 1000 chapters I think its safe to say you'd have to go much farther than ch 85 to get any major developments especially when its focused on his gaming life
and I suggest we bring this discussion over to Shadow Rogue thread before a moderator comes
Old 2015-04-18, 18:45   Link #677
HandofFate

These players reallly get into the role-playing...
Old 2015-04-20, 10:10   Link #678
Kazwell
SSS-Rank Ghoul

Guys who are wondering why MC get owned even when he's a master IRL
Guys who are wondering why Wan Er is more powerful then MC......

For the first , i would say that because of numerical numbers and stats , cauz hey , IRL even if MC can kill a hundred newbs, IG a hundred with each one of them even if only 200 dmg , in total it's 20 000 , which is basically 9 times MC's health , so..........

For the second , same reason apply for earlier in the game , but later on , WHY IS SHE FREAKING powerful even tho she's normal IG....Sorry but Mind Reading alone won't do it for me.....dropped this around chapter 750 , i'm reading btth now haha
Old 2015-04-20, 12:46   Link #679
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazwell View Post
Guys who are wondering why MC get owned even when he's a master IRL
Guys who are wondering why Wan Er is more powerful then MC......

For the first , i would say that because of numerical numbers and stats , cauz hey , IRL even if MC can kill a hundred newbs, IG a hundred with each one of them even if only 200 dmg , in total it's 20 000 , which is basically 9 times MC's health , so..........

For the second , same reason apply for earlier in the game , but later on , WHY IS SHE FREAKING powerful even tho she's normal IG....Sorry but Mind Reading alone won't do it for me.....dropped this around chapter 750 , i'm reading btth now haha
lol yea found it unbelievable that the programmers can somehow program the game to be able to detect if a player can read minds
Old 2015-04-21, 08:03   Link #680
casgoldsmith

that Drunken Spear is dangerous

Tags
webnovel