AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-05-04, 16:31   Link #61
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeQueH
One of the things i noticed was that they actualy gave Kira some emotion this time around instead of that blank expression he had the entire series.

A few examples are:

-The scene were he saw the nukes destruction (anger)
-The scene were he wanted the keys for the Freedom hanger bay and assured lacus that everything would be alright (concern)
-The scene where the assassins killed themselves (suprise)
oh ... that would be a reason for me to watch it ... since I didn't like it what they have done with kira in GSD ... Kira was such a crybaby in GS and he turned to a emotionless god like ... whatever. he didn't show any emotion when mia died.

but is that all ... anger, concern and suprise? ... I'd like some more kira szene which explains his reasons or his thought about the things he has done ... I mean he said to athrun he wasn't sure if he should fight ZAFT ... really? when did he showed that???
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 16:37   Link #62
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyu
oh ... that would be a reason for me to watch it ... since I didn't like it what they have done with kira in GSD ... Kira was such a crybaby in GS and he turned to a emotionless god like ... whatever. he didn't show any emotion when mia died.

but is that all ... anger, concern and suprise? ... I'd like some more kira szene which explains his reasons or his thought about the things he has done ... I mean he said to athrun he wasn't sure if he should fight ZAFT ... really? when did he showed that???
He didn't really know Meer, and personally I think he hated her for her connection to Durandal. It was Athrun who had the most connection to Meer, and they did a good job of showing his reaction to it. If anything in that scene, he should've been concerned for Lacus, since she lost it when Meer died. But Kira has no reason to greieve for Meer...the only connection he has to her is that he hates Durandal for using her and trying to kill Lacus.

And by this point in the series Kira barely had any role. They should have a self-doubt scene in the 3rd movie.
Old 2006-05-04, 17:19   Link #63
mikyu

I don't think he hated her ... it takes a lot more to make kira hate someone. I mean he didn't even hate shinn!
I understand that he don't have to cry ... but he wasn't even sad! everybody cried, even meyrin (who hasn't a real connection with mia too)

and ... he showed some strong emotion about people he doesn't know and they died right befor his eyes. (I'm not talking about the shuttle with the little girl, I'm talking about the foreign zaft soldier he wanted to safe from the destruction of the alaska base.
Old 2006-05-04, 17:38   Link #64
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Well Flay told him not to cry anymore... so I think that has a lot to do with it. It's obvious that he is still haunted by her death.
Old 2006-05-04, 17:57   Link #65
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think he was sad. Just not to the point of tears. He finally got used to the idea of people dying.

To quote some movie: "One becomes really good and generous only when the eye becomes dry, and the heart remains soft." In the two years since Seed, he learnt not to be a crybaby anymore, that's all.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 18:31   Link #66
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HObi-Wan
Somehow you think because of your "fanclub" you are above being criticized or flamed? Ha. Go back to your cozy little home under the bridge.
Well my fans do love me that's undeniable XD...But getting under my skin doesn't equate supremacy my masochistic troll loving friend...Guess what else is under this bridge?? Your manhood ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeQueH
One of the things i noticed was that they actualy gave Kira some emotion this time around instead of that blank expression he had the entire series.
Whoa, Now that's something I'll keep my eyes peeled for...Is it believable??
Old 2006-05-04, 18:58   Link #67
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Will Shinn actually manage to scratch Kira or Athrun in Destiny?

So far most posts are +positive+...

so there is a chance that Kira/Freedom (ep23,26,28) may actually be less pwntastic
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 18:58   Link #68
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
I think he was sad. Just not to the point of tears. He finally got used to the idea of people dying.

To quote some movie: "One becomes really good and generous only when the eye becomes dry, and the heart remains soft." In the two years since Seed, he learnt not to be a crybaby anymore, that's all.
meh but I want a crybaby kira! ... don't like him in GSD as much as in GS ...
Old 2006-05-04, 18:58   Link #69
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I suppose it seems that I need to go ask Mr Paper to close yet ANOTHER thread because two individuals can't seem to keep their hands off one another and away from each others pants. It's been a lovely tango folks, but the show is over. Let's get back on topic.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 19:36   Link #70
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
I suppose it seems that I need to go ask Mr Paper to close yet ANOTHER thread because two individuals can't seem to keep their hands off one another and away from each others pants. It's been a lovely tango folks, but the show is over. Let's get back on topic.
Unfortunately, there are a few people here who think this forum must be Burger King or something.
Old 2006-05-04, 19:39   Link #71
cloudedge

Does anyone feel that Shinn's character seemed to be changed quite a bit... he seemed much more like a kid in grieve than the angry angst teenager that he used to be in the series... They took out the scene where he yelled at Cagalli at the hanger and the one after the landing where he told her about the "the path that Patrick Zala choose for us co-ordinator is the correct one" incident to Cagalli... I mean his yelling seems a lot more rational in the SE >.>; but it seemed to mellow down his character quite a bit as well >.>; (gosh, I kind of miss his cockiness though >.>; )
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 19:43   Link #72
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
gosh, I kind of miss his cockiness though >.>;
well, at least he wouldnt look like a sorry idiot in the end... (well, we still havent seen the SE version of Freedom vs Impulse... he may actually be more cocky)...seeing this is how Athrun saw things
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 19:50   Link #73
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

So far they have changed Shinn for the better.... and if they remove his attachment to Stellar that will solve nearly every problem with his character.
Old 2006-05-04, 19:58   Link #74
cloudedge

I agree that the changes done to his character can probably garner more sympathy from general viewers... I dunno I just find it weird, now that I have come to accept (and took on a liking in) his extremely/skewed personality... The Shinn in the SE feels kind of mellow and vanilla... >.>; I wonder what other Shinn fans feel?

In terms of Stella >.>; I dunno how they're going to resolve eps 34 if they're going to cut out everything ShinnStella >.>; Although, I do think that Stella's death scene copies FFVII, it's still a very pretty scene and it would be a shame if they don't show it either I actually do find ShinnStella's relationship to be some what sweet... and it shows Shinn's softer side.. >.>; beside, doesn't all main Gundam character loses one love interest?
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 20:01   Link #75
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
^Point taken...I'm done going back and forth with people...
Old 2006-05-04, 20:17   Link #76
Teletha

I'm the only who likes Shinn/Stellar? Their relationship was never about true love or love at all (so it would be great if they took the suki~ out). It just showed that Shinn felt he had to protect someone and it doesn't matter if they were natural, druggy, coordinator or someone he just met. That was of course shown when he helped free those people (when Athrun slapped him) also. He just does what he feels is right. Shinn/Stellar was very much more about SHINN than it ever was about Stellar.

I don't see how they can edit out Shinn/Stellar and still make him character develop at all. The only way is if they are brave enough to say Kira killed Shinn's parents, and again we don't know that he did. So this is how the plot went - He hates Kira because 1) He's from Orb 2) He's siding with Cagalli 3) He interrupts their battles 4) He helped "kill" Heine and finally 5) He killed Stellar. That is what put him over the edge with his hatred of Freedom. Now how can they make that happen if they get rid of Shinn/Stellar?

Shinn doesn't love Stellar forever, but he did want to help her. It's really as simple as that.
Teletha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 20:39   Link #77
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Well, a lot of Shinn's ingorant moments come from situations with Stella, he thinks its OK to return her to Neo, he tries to stop the Destroy Gundam from blowing shit up until he finds out Stella is flying it, and he blames Kira for killing her even though she never would've been flying Destroy if he didn't take her back to Neo.

They could also make Stella a little more animated and human. Acting like a 4 year old did absolutely nothing except make her a horrible character. Auel and Sting were fine personality-wise.
Old 2006-05-04, 21:22   Link #78
brightman
Ancient Member

Shinn in the SE so far is like Kamille in the Zeta movies... Though I don't see them dropping some of the dumber things he does later on.
Old 2006-05-05, 02:41   Link #79
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha
I'm the only who likes Shinn/Stellar? Their relationship was never about true love or love at all (so it would be great if they took the suki~ out). It just showed that Shinn felt he had to protect someone and it doesn't matter if they were natural, druggy, coordinator or someone he just met. That was of course shown when he helped free those people (when Athrun slapped him) also. He just does what he feels is right. Shinn/Stellar was very much more about SHINN than it ever was about Stellar.

I don't see how they can edit out Shinn/Stellar and still make him character develop at all. The only way is if they are brave enough to say Kira killed Shinn's parents, and again we don't know that he did. So this is how the plot went - He hates Kira because 1) He's from Orb 2) He's siding with Cagalli 3) He interrupts their battles 4) He helped "kill" Heine and finally 5) He killed Stellar. That is what put him over the edge with his hatred of Freedom. Now how can they make that happen if they get rid of Shinn/Stellar?

Shinn doesn't love Stellar forever, but he did want to help her. It's really as simple as that.
Exactly. Changing or removing the attachment to Stellar would be absolutely bizarre because it's built on one of the defining traits of his character, the need to protect.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 02:52   Link #80
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panon
Exactly. Changing or removing the attachment to Stella would be absolutely bizarre because it's built on one of the defining traits of his character, the need to protect.
It also gives Shinn a giant tattoo across his forehead that says HYPOCRITE. Most of the things he does with regard to Stella make him an extremely flawed character. Force the relationship with Luna earlier than that and then he can protect her. Problem solved. I doubt Fufuhead has the balls to do any of this though, but they removed the block word, which was one of the more pointless aspects of the Extended Kids. So having her flip out in the ocean scene is effectively retconned, otherwise it will be out of place. He also didn't bump into her at the colony. I think they are canning the relationship because it was very pointless to begin with. Now, if Stella could just act her age, then maybe Shinn's attachment to her would have a little more substance. As it stands he could say he wanted to protect the Minerva because his precious cellphone is on it, and it would have virtually the same effect.