AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-04-30, 03:47   Link #41
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Ugh.. Looking at that chart really does dampen my interest. It's really a shame they aren't transferring what made the previous battlefronts successful. I suppose they want to simply make it a multiplayer experience just from the sounds of it.
Old 2015-04-30, 05:24   Link #42
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
This was what I expected when I heard EA and DICE were put in charge of Battlefront 3.

Really, all they're doing is making a Battlefield game with a Star Wars skin over it and borrowing the Battlefront title. And even then, Battlefield had vehicles and stuff to use, so this is just really lacking on all fronts.
Old 2015-04-30, 05:28   Link #43
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

That is one disappointing list. Good features cut back for the sake of graphics I assume.
Old 2015-04-30, 10:43   Link #44
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Why does a comparison chart exist when several of those are wrong, misinformed and overall looks to be biased? And they're not even done talking about one of them.

Last edited by ACertainStark; 2015-04-30 at 10:55.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 11:28   Link #45
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

There's still a lot of details about Battlefront(EA) that's unclear/not finalised. Just because DICE/EA are using PR language to avoid giving final details (not saying the final map count, but saying more than 2 per planet) doesn't immediately mean it's only 8.

It's too early to jump to conclusions.

And while I'm super disappointed at no-space-battles, for all intents and purpose, this is a reboot of Battlefront.

With only 2.5 years time to make the game from scratch, there was no way they were going to match BF2 in content, not even close. That's the reality of AAA game development in this day and age.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 11:45   Link #46
Mr Hat and Clogs

Honestly I'm expecting each dlc to be like the BField ones. One planet and maybe half a dozen or so themed maps to suit. Although, the planet number is just fluff, so its really how the maps are themed.
Old 2015-04-30, 14:27   Link #47
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
There's still a lot of details about Battlefront(EA) that's unclear/not finalised. Just because DICE/EA are using PR language to avoid giving final details (not saying the final map count, but saying more than 2 per planet) doesn't immediately mean it's only 8.

It's too early to jump to conclusions.

And while I'm super disappointed at no-space-battles, for all intents and purpose, this is a reboot of Battlefront.

With only 2.5 years time to make the game from scratch, there was no way they were going to match BF2 in content, not even close. That's the reality of AAA game development in this day and age.
True, it IS biased. But it has been confirmed no Galactic Conquest, no Clone Wars, no AI except for one mode, AT-AT will be on-rails (for "balance", since apparently we the players don't know how to drive a really slow-moving walker the "right way"), no space-battles, no campaign/single-player.

See what this is? We should be talking about all the stuff they're adding, not taking away. Again, I'm not surprised considering it's EA, but I AM disappointed that a genuine effort to innovate or even maintain the current standard of features is just not there. All so that this game can act like a promoter to the film that all Star Wars fans are going to see regardless if we own this game or not.

I honestly couldn't give a shit about better graphics if it means sacrificing better gameplay.

Am I going to buy what essentially boils down to a Star Wars reskin of Battlefield? No. I might as well go back to playing BF3 if that's going to be the case.

Last edited by Spectacular_Insanity; 2015-05-01 at 02:46.
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 13:51   Link #48
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Star Wars: Battlefront will launch with 12 Maps
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/batt...rs-battlefront

Also, Sullust sounds awesome.
Old 2015-05-04, 15:29   Link #49
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Star Wars: Battlefront will launch with 12 Maps
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/batt...rs-battlefront

Also, Sullust sounds awesome.
I'm still not pre-ordering unless I see actual gameplay footage. Because that's a slippery slope I'm not willing to put my foot on.
Old 2015-05-06, 17:27   Link #50
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Star Wars Battlefront will not have aiming-down-ironsights
Quote:
Star Wars Battlefront won't let players aim down the ironsights of their futuristic blasters - assuming they have any ironsights to begin with. It may be bad news for fans expecting the standard array of shooter stuff from Battlefront, but it is more proof that DICE isn't just making Battlefield: Star Wars.

Rebels and Stormtroopers alike seemed to be great fans of the hip shot in the original trilogy, after all. DICE Executive Producer Patrick Bach made the point clear in an interview with our friends at OXM:

"There are no ironsights in Star Wars, on the ordinary blasters," Bach said. "You have scopes on some rifles, but there are no ironsights."
http://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-...no-ironsights/
Old 2015-05-07, 09:05   Link #51
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Star Wars Battlefront will not have aiming-down-ironsights
I suspect this is one example of 'being true to the movies' whose absence would not be missed. And while I'm not sure how much of the information here is canon, one can surmise that the ubiquitous E-11 and its clones are not alone in having scopes and iron sights (and, in its case, a folding stock - something whose ignorance of in movies is shared by the SPAS-12).
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 10:28   Link #52
Mr Hat and Clogs

I don't mind the ability to aim down sights. Seems an odd thing to cut, since you can seem Storm Troopers aiming in the movies at times. Oh well, I guess you could try and say it aims via hud in their helms or something. Eh... whatever, no huge loss I guess.
Old 2015-05-07, 10:44   Link #53
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Seems an odd thing to cut, since you can seem Storm Troopers aiming in the movies at times. Oh well, I guess you could try and say it aims via hud in their helms or something. Eh... whatever, no huge loss I guess.
And while such a setup does have its uses (i.e. peering around a corner in safety), I doubt anyone who has, as the saying goes, smelled the smoke and seen the elephant would think it a replacement for more traditional scopes and sights. After all - as noted back in Episode IV - every instrument except your eyes can be jammed. Or fault.

To be honest, there're a couple of projects I'd like to see with respect to SW:
  • In some ways, Republic Commando could easily be called 'SW-flavored Rainbow Six'. That it didn't have a cooperative mode is a shame given how much of the gameplay relied on the commandos working as a team. Why not roll with that in a future outing - bonus points if it's a collaboration with that part of Ubisoft that actually works on the actual Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell titles. And speaking of the latter...
  • between Imperial storm commandos and the Alliance's infiltrators (and their notional successors) there's much room for a SW take on the Splinter Cell/Metal Gear concept.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 11:51   Link #54
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

But... but...! There was one Stormtrooper who lined up a shot using his gun's barrel! He even managed to hit Leia! D:
Old 2015-05-07, 15:22   Link #55
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
But... but...! There was one Stormtrooper who lined up a shot using his gun's barrel! He even managed to hit Leia! D:
There was also a stormtrooper that shot R2-D2. Clearly he was a tactically-minded individual.
Old 2015-05-07, 16:16   Link #56
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Their blaster do have scopes and the helmets are suppose to be useful when used with their scopes. Why would a trooper use an iron sight if he was a scope that it programmed to work with his helmet? Especially when if you don't have the helmet booted up correctly you can't hardly see though it. But when blasting, Luke and Han were able to shoot things fairly accurately even in full armor they had appropriated.
Old 2015-05-08, 00:44   Link #57
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
There was also a stormtrooper that shot R2-D2. Clearly he was a tactically-minded individual.
Plot twist, it was the same trooper.
Old 2015-05-08, 09:49   Link #58
com_gwp

I forgot how ubiquitous ADS has become in shooters these days, so much so that it's legit news when a triple A shooter forgo it.

Call me old-fashioned (or is it inversely "new" now?) but I still prefer my shooters without it a la Quake, Unreal, and CS, so I'm pretty happy to see them go this route (along with the TPS mode).
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 23:20   Link #59
Mr Hat and Clogs

No class arch-types, weapons unlocked via XP. Squads replaced with a buddy system (can share unlocks though)

Just want to toss out there, I fucking despise the current trend of unlocking weapons and attachments via XP like in Battlefield (CoD too? I haven't played it for years so can't remember). I find the process to be tedious and unfun.
Old 2015-05-12, 00:46   Link #60
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
No class arch-types, weapons unlocked via XP. Squads replaced with a buddy system (can share unlocks though)

Just want to toss out there, I fucking despise the current trend of unlocking weapons and attachments via XP like in Battlefield (CoD too? I haven't played it for years so can't remember). I find the process to be tedious and unfun.
And because the experience to unlock stuff is usually tied to kills more than anything else, the game is automatically biased towards the most skilled players, rather than evenly spread out to all skill levels and making the game more accessible even to those not pouring tons of time into the game.

Which was one of the reasons I stopped playing Battlefield 3. It's honestly like the developers are TRYING to give me reasons to not want to buy this game. Geez.