AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-05, 13:09   Link #1081
TrueAlchemist

@IceHism, TheLaG,
We will have to wait for vol.17 to learn more about 10MC selection process and 10MC's rules and regulation. Only rule, we know, is a member of 10MC cannot cooperate or work together privately.

@MRD143
Only person who truly knows their power and danger, is Kudou Retsu, but Maya already has a bomb that can destroy Kudou family. I think, she is not releasing the evidence that prove the connection between Kudou and P-doll project because of 10MC selection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I've seen someone on 4chan saying that it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the book.
That is why I said, "may be vol.20".
This is something that we have to wait for a better confirmation.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 13:17   Link #1082
luffyxnami

Base on the spoiler, could it be that pretty soon we will see a serious fight between tatsuya and masaki, where tatsuya kick masaki's butt? I really want to see this, cause everyone in their right mind should know that masaki stand no chance against tatsuya since tat can counter all of masaki magic with decomposition while masaki have no counter to tatsuya's magic. But still I really want to see mayumi and Erika reaction to the new most of all.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 13:23   Link #1083
TrueAlchemist

@luffyxnami If it is an actual battle, nobody can survive Tatsuya. Juumonji is only one who had some chances, but Tatsuya's new magic may have destroyed a little chance Juumonji used to have. I am really looking forward to see Mayumi in the future volume because she trusted and put her guard down when she was with Tatsuya. She may even feel betrayed by Tatsuya. I hope, the author does his best with Mayumi. I wonder who she will be engaged with.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 13:36   Link #1084
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
@luffyxnami If it is an actual battle, nobody can survive Tatsuya. Juumonji is only one who had some chances, but Tatsuya's new magic may have destroyed a little chance Juumonji used to have. I am really looking forward to see Mayumi in the future volume because she trusted and put her guard down when she was with Tatsuya. She may even feel betrayed by Tatsuya. I hope, the author does his best with Mayumi. I wonder who she will be engaged with.
I doubt Mayumi would feel betrayed. She already suspects that he is associated with the Yotsuba (she think he may be an extra) and she also realizes how unreasonable it can be to be part of the 10 master clans. If anything she would likely be one who would remain Tatsuya's ally even when all others have turned against him.

As for who she will be engaged to, it is like Itsuwa since Koichi sees him as being the easiest to control.
Old 2015-05-05, 13:44   Link #1085
xdhakspy

Quote:
Yeah, if Tatsuya don't have limiters no one can stop him....with this I remember the last episode of Katanagatari, the whole series I think he struggle with every fight but in reality it was of the many limiters that he had so the last episode was a massacre...Tatsuya is similar without limiters I think that no one can stop him...

And with Mayumi...is don't like she will be engaged soon...she is not the next to the succession I only can think that she will gave birth to a branch family who ever she will marry....
xdhakspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 13:47   Link #1086
Brill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Yeah....Um...No. You actually can fall for someone you were raised with, even someone you've known as your sibling all your life. People are different. Some people are disgusted with the very idea (like you), while some...just aren't. Trust me. They exist. They just don't talk.

Anyway, I wouldn't call this turn in the story illogical. I say it was pretty expected. This story is about Tatsuya and Miyuki, it's always been about their relationship and just how that detail ties in and affects the greater world. Heck, the author said so himself in the afterwords. People just tend to project their preferences into the story, so people who would prefer Mahouka not to get into an imouto end will look for any reason for it not to go there because they find it awful. But the facts are there: the way Tatsuya and Miyuki have always been set up as the ideal husband and wife if not for the fact that they were brother and sister. In the earliest volumes they even said that they never really saw each other as siblings as they never properly bonded as such, as far as they were concerned they were just a boy and a girl around the same age who lived together and shared the same genetic material. They have each other as their most important person in the world, and the symbolism behind them ties them together and were designed to complement and complete each other--making up for what the other lacks, while reinforcing their strengths.

Plus, let's remember that this is a story about magic in Japan about magic noble families with two characters who are described as being as close to gods as people can possibly get in this setting. Japan is chock-full of stories both mythological and historical about older brothers and younger sisters falling in love. Their history and oral and literary traditions affect how they appreciate certain stories--their Romeo and Juliet is about a brother who gave up his right to be emperor to be with his sister, star-crossed lovers are reborn as siblings, Izanagi and Izanami bore the islands of the nation, Amaterasu married her brother, emperors (and in older times even commoners) married their half-sisters, the ideal husband and wife relationship is said to be when a husband treats his wife like his younger sister, and the "imo" that eventually became "imouto" was once synonymous with "wife". While it's still just as taboo as with the rest of the world, the Japanese mostly see it as something improper rather than outright abominable--some even see it as sympathetically tragic, and darkly romantic. Why wouldn't Satou do it?

There's also the fact that such a match is heavily steeped in magic--gods marry their sisters, and it's seen as a way to "refine" and "purify" one's bloodline. Teito Monogatari (which Satou took some inspiration from) also had a plotline about a brother and sister bearing a daughter. So yeah, I'm going to say that such a development is par off the course for a story like Mahouka.
Yes, first time poster here but I don't mind jumping right into the fire. While this turn may be expected you also highlight the major problem with this relationship. Their relationship was planned and forged by outside participants.. They were bound by sibling relationship, although this chapter's revelation puts that in doubt. They were constrained by a master/servant relationship dictated by the rules of their clan. Their bodies were manufactured to obey/control the other. Even though both care for each other, how much free will exists when both have been bred to be together? This whole world is riddled by rank and stature and crushes free will fairly easily. Both Miyuki and Mayumi want Tatsuya but blood and class respectively prevent them from seeking their desires. The author has spent so much energy on depicting how rigid magicians lives are-and now, all of a sudden the author is doing a "do-over" by removing 2 of the 3 constraints compelling Tatsuya and Miyuki being together. We're still waiting to see what transpires and determine if it's believable or not.

The other issue is one of character emotional development. Both have their issues. Miyuki has been following Tatsuya like a little puppy since he saved her life back at the military base back in 2092. Her immature, fawning adoration of her brother has been borderline creepy and made fun of by her classmates. She's been fairly one-dimensional in this regard even though she's the emotional outlet for the pair. Then, there's Tatsuya. Intellectually sharp as a tack, socially dumb as a post. His emotional core has been stripped away except for this one, positive outlet-his sister. Tatsuya still has a long way to go to develop his emotional psyche. There have been hints suggested here and there that's he's growing outside his programmed core, but the guy isn't up for a romantic relationship with anybody. He needs a lot more work and the author doesn't spend too much time with his characters in that department.

But it's not like there is any close competition. Mayumi is a distant second, being the only woman who can get under his skin which is actually kind of an achievement of sorts. Mayumi and Tatsuya are the reincarnated star-crossed lovers of Maya and Koich, their union could resolve the Saegusa/Yotsuba split,i but I'm not sure if the author wants to go that direction or not. Miyuki is the female counterpart for Tatsuya with school-related things. Mayumi has been Tartsuya's counterpart as the story's progressed outside the school and deals with MC affairs. Honoka's affection has been rationalized as a form of co-dependency and Erika is just impressed by Tatsuya's warrior spirit. I doubt it goes further than that.

So it looks like things are progressing forwards for Tatsuya and Miyuki, but it needs a lot of work because both have some serious issues. They may resolve themselves in the upcoming volumes but it won't be palatable outside the shippers unless the author puts some serious time into these issues. IMO it doesn't seem likely.
Brill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 13:58   Link #1087
MRD143

Miyuki is not the sweet naive little girl that everybody believes she is. She deliberately acts that way around Tatsuya but away from him and other possible witnesses she has shown a totally ruthless side as well.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 14:08   Link #1088
Blonddude42

Am I alone in my view that it is acceptable to embrace the path others set for you? Several people have been talking about how Tatsuya and Miyuki being made for each other is taking away their free will. But is it wrong for them to chose the path others set for them?
Blonddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 14:20   Link #1089
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonddude42 View Post
Am I alone in my view that it is acceptable to embrace the path others set for you? Several people have been talking about how Tatsuya and Miyuki being made for each other is taking away their free will. But is it wrong for them to chose the path others set for them?
That is really the kind of thing Tatsuya is fighting against. He wants to make a world where magicians have free will and choices instead of the current one where they are tools with a set path before them.
Old 2015-05-05, 14:26   Link #1090
RaymondSageClark
Banned

A lot had been happened here since the spoils come out, atleast we already have some confirmations from Syokool (glad to know spanish) and other places. To me everything make sense, Maya is doing all this just for vengeance but I feel like Tatsuya is not going to help her on this matter.

Something stay in my mind and that's mahouka getting an end on vol 20, there is so much to explode in this novel, an entire world to use, interesting characters, politics, etc. I wish if the author just finish the school life of Tatsuya and Miyuki on vol 20 and continue with their college life on some next volumes or maybe his life being the head of Yotsuba clan along with Miyuki.

Leaving aside my delusions about the amount of volumes, I want to see on vol 17 the reactions of all the people around Tatsuya, specially from Mayumi / juumonji and Masaki. Also the face of Lina when she noticed Tatsuya is one of the most powerful mages out there.
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 14:35   Link #1091
Echizen777

Quote:
Now that Tatsuya has completed Baryon Lance the only magician of similar age who can beat him is Lina, who's returning back next volume.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 14:38   Link #1092
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Now that Tatsuya has completed Baryon Lance the only magician of similar age who can beat him is Lina, who's returning back next volume.
And the brazilian guy who can make nuclear explosions.
Old 2015-05-05, 14:42   Link #1093
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post

It's literally been stated that his power is sealed because he's too OP, there was never anyone who could beat him at absolute full strength.

Last edited by Jirachier; 2015-05-05 at 14:51. Reason: quoted the wrong message
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 14:44   Link #1094
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondSageClark View Post
And the brazilian guy who can make nuclear explosions.
No, this one is only a strategic magician. Only Tatsuya and Lina are strategic magicians and top tiers fighters.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 14:46   Link #1095
MRD143

actually nobody can beat Tatsuya if he is serious because he can Nuke you from over the Horizon, it has been stated that he has the longest ranged Magic of ALL Mages. Say Tatsuya decides you are an imminent threat to Himself or Miyuki he will Nuke you from at least 80km away.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 14:51   Link #1096
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Oh I didn't remember that about the brazilian mage, but he got his power sealed of he just can't fight?

Also about Lina, was tatsuya the one who said she can beat him even with his power unsealed.
Old 2015-05-05, 15:06   Link #1097
IceHism

Quote:
Oh I didn't remember that about the brazilian mage, but he got his power sealed of he just can't fight?

Also about Lina, was tatsuya the one who said she can beat him even with his power unsealed.
Generally, if you get first strike, you most likely win.
aka, if lina shot through all of tatsuya with heavy metal burst before he did anything and continued to do so until he ran out of psions.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 15:08   Link #1098
Jiminy

Quote:
A lot had been happened here since the spoils come out, atleast we already have some confirmations from Syokool (glad to know spanish) and other places. To me everything make sense, Maya is doing all this just for vengeance but I feel like Tatsuya is not going to help her on this matter.

Something stay in my mind and that's mahouka getting an end on vol 20, there is so much to explode in this novel, an entire world to use, interesting characters, politics, etc. I wish if the author just finish the school life of Tatsuya and Miyuki on vol 20 and continue with their college life on some next volumes or maybe his life being the head of Yotsuba clan along with Miyuki.

Leaving aside my delusions about the amount of volumes, I want to see on vol 17 the reactions of all the people around Tatsuya, specially from Mayumi / juumonji and Masaki. Also the face of Lina when she noticed Tatsuya is one of the most powerful mages out there.
I reread parts of the visitor chapter lately and I happen to believe that Jumonji already knew that the Shibas belong to a MC - so he will not be surprised at all. his only reaction will be a nod I think. (he asked T in the 9SC, started rethinking about it after Asuzas election, and "knew" after the Yokohama incident) This guy is smart but not very talkative.

About Lina - in the Visitor chapter she already suspected him, she fought him / with him several times and has stars providing her informations - she might be less surprised when she learns about his powers than anyone else.

Masaki - probably the same reaction he had in vol 15

Oh about the Brazilian guy: nuclear explosions are forbidden by the magic association - I have no idea if that has any meaning - this guy might be a professor or something like that but he might be no good when it comes to fighting
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 15:25   Link #1099
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I really have to wonder though. All this talk about Miyuki as a marriage partner to the other clans. I wonder how many clans will also try to make a play for Tatsuya.
I can see either Kouchi offering Mayumi or Retsu offering Kyouko to him
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 15:27   Link #1100
-Mahesvara_

Quote:

Tatsuya said if both sides brought their full might, it was possible that he could have been the one to fall instead. He never outright says that he would lose to her.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy