AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-05-07, 01:40   Link #201
Jehuty

Even though I know the anime is trying to stay as faithful as possible with the manga, they really shouldn't have made a copy of Yamato's smile

it looks so damn creepy lol
Old 2015-05-07, 02:55   Link #202
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
Even though I know the anime is trying to stay as faithful as possible with the manga, they really shouldn't have made a copy of Yamato's smile

it looks so damn creepy lol
Ahaha, I was wondering if maybe they tried to follow original a bit… too much.
Old 2015-05-07, 09:44   Link #203
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I have to agree with others' statements that the show (and probably the manga) is exaggerating things a little much. The girls in school I'll believe. There's probably a good number of girls that don't mind him that much, but they're not so likely to speak up and even if they recognize he's not a bad guy that doesn't mean they won't find him unattractive and generally ignore him; as a result, you will likely have the only vocal girls be ones like the three in his class. The three who ironically are positioned around Suna so that he's guaranteed to hear every word they say.

What makes less sense is the adults. Especially the ones that encounter him when he's saving lives, which seems like it happens on a rather regular basis. Generally, even if a guy is twice the average height, or even if he's really quite ugly, people still tend to express gratitude to the person that actually helped them, especially when we're talking about saving lives. It'd take a really horrible person to ignore the man that saved her son and thank the pretty boy that didn't instead. It'd be much more realistic to have them show apprehension or distaste toward him until he risks his life for someone, then react like Yamato's friends in the last episode. There's much more precedent for people to suddenly express greater respect and admiration for the person's courage and selflessness, especially when coupled with the knowledge that he's doing it for people who treat him poorly.

All this said, one thing I'd like to see sometime is Suna getting angry for his friend. It seems like he probably frequently winds up getting showered with praise for his friend's heroics, just like he's frequently forced to hear people go on about how ugly, scary, dense or otherwise unpleasant Takeo is. And yet through all of this the most he does is politely and quietly correct people about who should be thanked, or reject anyone who confesses to him after badmouthing Takeo. At some point I'd like to see him snap at someone, maybe shout and demand a person thank Takeo personally for saving his/her life rather than him, or telling a girl off for laughing at his friend without waiting for her to confess. It's all great that he worries about his friend's happiness and won't date a girl who insults him, but it'd be really nice to see him show a little more offense at the unfair treatment his best friend receives on a daily basis. Or for any of Takeo's countless male friends to do so for that matter.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 10:44   Link #204
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I don't know about the virgin thing, even if its what like 80% of japanese youth lose it by the time they're 15.
What are you talking about? Don't believe everything from shoujo manga.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 10:56   Link #205
AntonKutovoi

Suddenly, a crossover between JoJo and Ore Monogotari
https://twitter.com/animatesendai/st...75405156925441
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 11:39   Link #206
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
What are you talking about? Don't believe everything from shoujo manga.
Lots of virgins in shoujo. I think it's in hentai where the loss can be insanely early...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 12:13   Link #207
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There are some people who think Yamato's secret is that she isn't a virgin? Hello, have we been watching the same series? Her big secret is most likely going to be that she held another boy's hand when she was in kindergarten, and she thinks she isn't pure because of this.

This series is outrageously innocent, and I love it for that.
Old 2015-05-07, 12:13   Link #208
Salva
Princess since baptism.

I wouldn't treat Ore Monogatari as the most realistic anime ever… After the fire I started having the same attitude I have for most shounens, which is: expect unexpected. I don't even think about it much anymore and it works nicely. Of course it was over the to that on the way to Yamato, Takeo casually rescues yet another person. It wasn't even necessary…

I think that Suna just can't deal with it anymore. He probably tried once to be more vocal about his friend and it never worked, he seems so resigned. He gave up a lot of things and seems so sad. At least Takeo's there to brighten his days.

I kinda didn't expect Suna's sister to like gorilla that much. I also can't wait to know what kind of secret Yamato has.
Old 2015-05-07, 12:20   Link #209
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There are some people who think Yamato's secret is that she isn't a virgin? Hello, have we been watching the same series? Her big secret is most likely going to be that she held another boy's hand when she was in kindergarten, and she thinks she isn't pure because of this.

This series is outrageously innocent, and I love it for that.
It's going to be on the family side of things, with the shots of her cooking alone in the dark and the house looking empty.. Tho' as to how or why she thinks that makes her not pure is beyond me...
Old 2015-05-07, 17:31   Link #210
Mangonel

As SuitUp said its probably going to be family issues or something. Looks like she took up baking because shes bored and alone at home. I mean honestly Takeo is such a white knight I doubt he'd bat an eyelash at her virginal status.

Personally, I think its just a case of being nervous around the subject of intimacy and then having Takeo say his favorite trait is her pureness is just making her angsty.

It is nice to see a male lead realize they're dense and start taking steps to try and rectify the situation, that was refreshing.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 21:22   Link #211
LKK

Sentai licensed the series. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 01:01   Link #212
Mubyoshi

Damn, I must resist the urge to look up spoilers! I hope they reveal what is her secret soon!
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 06:50   Link #213
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

My idea is that there's no "secret", Yamato simply would like their relationship to be a bit more physical - holding hands, possibly kissing - but is held back by the fact that Takeo is so gallant and so thinks there's actually something wrong/bad with her for wanting those things. It seemed pretty obvious to me, I mean, the entire subplot started after she got to see Takeo half naked, dripping, ripped body. Hint hint.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 08:29   Link #214
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

All talk of 'virgin' and family issues concerning about Yamato's secret had me laughing thinking... "So Yamato's big secret is that she was taken advantage of her stepfather and already had to give birth to a kid already?" But I don't think Ore Monogatari will be that 'bitter', right?

Yeah, will stick to this for as long as Ai is in the picture. For one, I'm a bit miffed that even though she liked Takeo, she did nothing especially since she thought Takeo wouldn't be able to get a girlfriend. On the other, she feels genuine in trying to help Takeo despite her feelings, so she got a lot of brownie points from me with that.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 08:32   Link #215
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
All talk of 'virgin' and family issues concerning about Yamato's secret had me laughing thinking... "So Yamato's big secret is that she was taken advantage of her stepfather and already had to give birth to a kid already?" But I don't think Ore Monogatari will be that 'bitter', right?
That sounds something more like Grisaia than this show ...

Quote:
Yeah, will stick to this for as long as Ai is in the picture. For one, I'm a bit miffed that even though she liked Takeo, she did nothing especially since she thought Takeo wouldn't be able to get a girlfriend. On the other, she feels genuine in trying to help Takeo despite her feelings, so she got a lot of brownie points from me with that.
Though I have to wonder, what's the age difference? Ai seems much bigger, maybe college age already. WTH does she find in a younger kid like Takeo?

Old 2015-05-08, 08:50   Link #216
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Though I have to wonder, what's the age difference? Ai seems much bigger, maybe college age already. WTH does she find in a younger kid like Takeo?
I believe the episode said Ai is 3 years older than Suno.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 09:02   Link #217
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
She mentioned coming back. So, yeah, she's probably normally away at college. Which does make the age difference awkward. (As adults, sure, it's nothing. But as teenagers?)
Old 2015-05-08, 09:05   Link #218
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
That sounds something more like Grisaia than this show ...
Nah, it's k, you just didn't get the reference.

As for why Ai likes Takeo, of course that's easy to answer. They're childhood friends! No seriously, THAT has been like the reason for a lot of characters in shoujo manga in general. I personally like how it's so simple; as if it's like saying, if you're childhood friends you have a good chance to be already in love with the other person JUST because you're childhood friends with them.

But yeah, age difference is the killer of romance between Takeo and Ai. 3 years difference is a BAD number, and was probably intentionally put in the source. This is because they would have never been in the same middle school or high school at the same time, of which are the puberty years, and so kills any sort of serious romance between the two.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 10:08   Link #219
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Nah, it's k, you just didn't get the reference.
If it's an anime one, I have no idea . I thought Clannad, but I'm pretty sure nothing of the sort happened there either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She mentioned coming back. So, yeah, she's probably normally away at college. Which does make the age difference awkward. (As adults, sure, it's nothing. But as teenagers?)
I'm not even going into ethical issues. It's just... like... you're a rather attractive twenty-something girl, you live away from home at college, and all your sentimental life falls back to being still hung onto that one awkward 16 year old guy who lives next door to the point of bursting into tears and having fits of jealousy when you find out he's dating a girl his age? That's... pretty sad.

I get how she might know Takeo much better and appreciate him for what he is. Had she just been friendly to him I'd have been all for her introduction, and in fact it would have made a nice change of pace from the slew of mean girls who make fun of Takeo at every chance. But her being in love with him is... somewhat unrealistic . Then again, this is the series where the MC burst out of a building on fire smashing a window and landing on the road unharmed, so yeah .

Old 2015-05-08, 10:19   Link #220
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
If it's an anime one, I have no idea .
Bitter Virgin. It's a manga.

Tags
comedy, romance, shoujo