AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-09, 17:45   Link #1801
Aciald

Yay! Now that the all important bed scene has been translated and summarized to death can we move on to other mysteries. For example, that the entire Yotsuba plot regarding Tatsuya makes absolutely no sense.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 17:46   Link #1802
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
I think the only question is whether Tatsuya will regains his emotions as a whole. Or simply gain/change/realize his feelings towards Miyuki, allowing them to become a complete couple.
If it's the former I think it might take a couple of volumes, if it's the latter I think it might not be that far off.
We don't know, he might or might not love her as a woman. At the moment, he only treats her and loves her as a cute little sister. I doubt that will change when he regains his emotions because that mean he will be conscious about other girls too.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 17:49   Link #1803
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
Yay! Now that the all important bed scene has been translated and summarized to death can we move on to other mysteries. For example, that the entire Yotsuba plot regarding Tatsuya makes absolutely no sense.
I do find that some things are weird, like Miya and Maya's relationship but I find the rest makes sense. I am disappointed by the Yotsuba as a whole though, they act like a bunch of drama queens, over exaggerating stuff, they have a very bad mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
We don't know, he might or might not love her as a woman. At the moment, he only treats her and loves her as a cute little sister. I doubt that will change when he regains his emotions because that mean he will be conscious about other girls too.
He doesn't love her as a woman, it's only been brotherly love. That's how Miya made him.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 17:50   Link #1804
erbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
I think the only question is whether Tatsuya will regains his emotions as a whole. Or simply gain/change/realize his feelings towards Miyuki, allowing them to become a complete couple.
If it's the former I think it might take a couple of volumes, if it's the latter I think it might not be that far off.
I think that his emotions for Miyuki will go from familial to romantic.

I think Honoka will play a role because he told her about his emotions. She will make Tatsuya make a move, because he does not want any ill feelings towards Miyuki.

Only way to regain his emotions or change his emotions, would be an MI magic which is strong(er) than Miya's. Someone like the magician Lina mentions, but is thought to be dead.
erbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 17:54   Link #1805
Clutchdog

Personally, I don't think Tatsuya will ever regain all of his emotions. Just enough to be able to love Miyuki as a woman. It's sort of too convenient of a plot element to not use. Also, It's something that again ties to Shiva and Parvati being his anchor to human affairs, most importantly though I have a very hard time imagining Tatsuya ever getting all that emotional.
But even if Tatsuya managed to get all of his emotions, I highly doubt he'll start noticing other girls. He is already committed to Miyuki.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 18:02   Link #1806
Aciald

Ok. Correct me if i am wrong.

1. Maya has the world's worst vacation in Dahan.
2. Yotsuba destroy Dahan.
3. Yotsuba decide the have the technology to create the 6 million yen magician.
4. Tatsuya is born but has only limited magic. Yotsuba declare this a failure as they wanted A mage who could deliver the ultimate magical bitch slap to their enemies.
5. Old Yotsuba dude points out Tatsuya does indeed have the ultimate magical bitch slap. Yotsuba celebrate.
6. Old yotsuba dude also says that ultimate magic bitch slap will in fact destroy the world not just their enemies. Yotsuba cry.
7. Maya thinks tatsuya is her love child.
8. Some yotsuba want to kill tatsuya
9. As a compromise Yotsuba decide to humiliate and abuse Magician with ultimate magical bitch slap for 17 years.
10. Genetic sex doll is created for Tatsuya because... ah hell who cares.

There has to be something that makes all this add up.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 18:14   Link #1807
Jiminy

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbrah View Post
Only way to regain his emotions or change his emotions, would be an MI magic which is strong(er) than Miya's. Someone like the magician Lina mentions, but is thought to be dead.
Miya is that magician. Lina meant Miya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald
4. Tatsuya is born but has only limited magic. Yotsuba declare this a failure as they wanted A mage who could deliver the ultimate magical bitch slap to their enemies.
As far as I understood the spoilers that's not really true. The point you mentioned was just the excuse used to explain why Tatsuya became a guardian.
We do not know how well/bad his systematic magic once was but the AMCA might have caused some damage.
Moreover the Yotsubas always knew that he was indeed powerful. The reason why they tried to kill him and made him a guardian afterwards was due to fear alone. The fear that Tatsuya might one day destroy the world.

Last edited by Jiminy; 2015-05-09 at 18:27.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 18:15   Link #1808
Clutchdog

Well, I haven't read the volume but it seems like the upper brass (branch leaders) began to fear Tatsuya and wanted to kill him outright after analyzing the extent of his power. Kuroba Whatshisname intervenes, decides to save him and instead make use of him as a guardian, which is the reason why the rest of the clan regard and treat him so poorly. They think he's just a failure.
Miyuki and the experiment on Tatsuya were because of the fear that the upper brass hold towards Tatsuya. So in the first place it was decided that if Tatsuya was allowed to live he would be attached to Miyuki as a guardian so she can restrain him if he gets out of control.
But I'm still unclear as to whether Tatsuya is modified as well, I though they both were.

What Maya is trying to do is to use Tatsuya as the Yotsuba originally meant to before discovering his magic.
Old 2015-05-09, 18:28   Link #1809
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
tatsuya x miyuki things won't happen. don't you guys understand? nothing has changed. tatsuya miyuki and maya they are all know the two of them are siblings. their releationship is same. nothing has changed except the lie itself. they were hiding their identities to the public now they are lieing to the public. conclusion:
1- public still deceived.
2- they know themselft that they are siblings.
3- what is changed? the lie that they are not from 10family to the they are cousions and from yotsuba.
4-there won't be miyuki x tatsuya
Tatsuya X Miyuki can happen.

For starters, the Yotsuba doesn't care about public opinion and they are aleady shrouded in mystery. Members masquerading as something else should be common and natural for them.

They are siblings, but Miyuki is altered to an extent that she can bear Tatsuya's children without any abnormalities. Tatsuya can only loves Miyuki, and Miyuki choose to love only Tatsuya. You can argue that Tatsuya only sees Miyuki as a sister, but Tatsuya stated that he is willing to try and love her as a woman. That is way better than what Honoka got when she confessed.
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 18:29   Link #1810
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
Between 7 and 8, he says he'll try to love/see her as a woman.
but that he sees her as a sister and that it might not change. That alone keeps things a bit vague on where his feelings would go. Miya did leave him with only love for his sister which would make seeing her as a woman all the more difficult. For this engagement to really work. He would need to get back his emotions but like someone said, that would leave him conscious of other women and he has lots of high quality non-related girls around him as well.

I am curious about what Miyuki said about dying early which is common in gene manipulation. Tatsuya thinks it is possible that she could live longer but he is an engineer, not a geneticist. It might hold possibilities for the future.
Old 2015-05-09, 18:34   Link #1811
maypayne

I think they were right to be scare. Most family would have wanted to do the same thing.

Just look what he did at 13 without is strong emotions because someone try kill Miyuki.

Now try to imagine what it would have been with his strong emotions intact. In a way losing those emotions was a good thing for him.

The Miyuki's project was done in private between Miya and Maya. So at this point, the other branch families don' t know about it. And because the other witness is dead, so it is safe to assume they will be kept in the dark.
maypayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 18:42   Link #1812
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by maypayne View Post
I think they were right to be scare. Most family would have wanted to do the same thing.

Just look what he did at 13 without is strong emotions because someone try kill Miyuki.

Now try to imagine what it would have been with his strong emotions intact. In a way losing those emotions was a good thing for him.

The Miyuki's project was done in private between Miya and Maya. So at this point, the other branch families don' t know about it. And because the other witness is dead, so it is safe to assume they will be kept in the dark.
Some of us touched upon this before, but the Yotsuba's scorn for Tatsuya were never about his lack of normal ability. At least, not in the way we thought. Their hate for him stems from fear and not some sense of superiority.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 18:42   Link #1813
Clutchdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
but that he sees her as a sister and that it might not change. That alone keeps things a bit vague on where his feelings would go. Miya did leave him with only love for his sister which would make seeing her as a woman all the more difficult. For this engagement to really work. He would need to get back his emotions but like someone said, that would leave him conscious of other women and he has lots of high quality non-related girls around him as well.

I am curious about what Miyuki said about dying early which is common in gene manipulation. Tatsuya thinks it is possible that she could live longer but he is an engineer, not a geneticist. It might hold possibilities for the future.
Not that the wording really even matters at this point but doesn't he say "At least for now, I can only think of you as a sister", then a bit later when Miyuki asks whether she can hope for him to see her as a woman he says that he'll try his best.
Old 2015-05-09, 18:48   Link #1814
MRD143

Maya has been waiting 17 years to claim Tatsuya as her son and another 16 years to tie him to the Yotsuba, does anyone think She will let anyone or anything stand in her way at this point?
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 18:48   Link #1815
erbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
Miya is that magician. Lina meant Miya

ld.
This confirmed? I thought it was a guy magician from USNA she was talking about. I'm rereading from vol 1 right now, so won't be there for a little.
erbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 19:10   Link #1816
bakato

It's over people. Best girl's won.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 19:13   Link #1817
cyberdemon

an engagement while keeping the status quo. Yeah nothing is going to change in terms of his feelings for a while. Unless Miya's magic on his mind is broken and his emotions are returned, it doesn't look like he will ever truly be able to view Miyuki as a woman instead of a precious sister.
Old 2015-05-09, 19:28   Link #1818
maypayne

I would really like to read Maya and Tatsuya conversation. Because this guy is always bad a relaying information as he always try to make many assumptions.

And to be honest, this put him in very difficult situation. The girl was created for him to restrain him and at the same time they also intended to have her as his partner because that was the only way to bring him back into the family. So there is no way it can just abandon her.

And to be honest, I think is being dishonest in the love part, like saying He didn't know that she loved him in that way. Who is he kidding? He is the one who has been encouraging that.
maypayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 19:30   Link #1819
MRD143

so going by what Miyuki said in Volume 8 when she said every time she thought about dismissing Tatsuya as her Guardian her mind would go blank it is probable that she was programmed to see only Tatsuya as a potential mate.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 19:30   Link #1820
Clashmore

Spoiler for R.I.P,I was suprised you guys lasted as long you did:
Clashmore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy