AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2015-05-11, 13:35   Link #2541
07th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
Also on side note, I posted video of rika dance scene from higurashi opera.
Link
That's one daaamn fine show and the actress kinda resembles her, which i find amazing as Japanese tend to fuck up with casting in such cases. Although my headcanon dance is much slower and... rhythmic, i suppose?
07th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 14:56   Link #2542
SuperVolcano

Quote:
I am going to be buying the higurashi DS games, I was wondering which ones are region restricted. Also wanted to find the name of the tactical DS one so I could purchase it.
Absolutely no DS games have region locking of any kind.
The 3DS, on the other hand... <insert 400 page rant here>
SuperVolcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 21:16   Link #2543
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

There has to be a more supportive higurashi site, 4chan can't be our last bastion.

I haven't seen the tactic Higurashi ds game for long time, I had some magazine featuring it but never got around checking it out. I can't even google it
Old 2015-05-11, 22:00   Link #2544
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
I am going to be buying the higurashi DS games, I was wondering which ones are region restricted. Also wanted to find the name of the tactical DS one so I could purchase it.
Original DS games aren't region locked unless you're using a DSi. I have Kizuna II for Meakashi and was thinking of getting the rest (this was before Sui was announced) but sense Sui is out and has all of the arcs from Kizuna and Matsuri I thought it would be unnecessary and a waste of money. You have the Vita version right? I think you shouldn't do it if you already have the VITA version unless its for collector's reasons or something. Also, Kizuna III and IV are stupid expensive last time I've checked. I bought Kizuna II for $16.
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Shikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-12, 03:45   Link #2545
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

How many of you will be buying the game as soon as it's out? Unfortunately I don't have money at the moment so I'll have to wait for a while...

Last edited by Solace; 2015-05-12 at 08:01. Reason: Removed quote.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-12, 06:06   Link #2546
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
How many of you will be buying the game as soon as it's out? Unfortunately I don't have money at the moment so I'll have to wait for a while...
I'll probably wait until after the reviews. The first translation was rubbish. Gonna wait and see if this one is any better.

Last edited by Solace; 2015-05-12 at 08:02. Reason: Edited part of quote.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-12, 06:15   Link #2547
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
I'll probably wait until after the reviews. The first translation was rubbish. Gonna wait and see if this one is any better.
The point of this release is to fix up their rubbish translations, right? So, one would expect for it to be good. I'll be really upset if I see spelling errors and clunky grammar for this re-release.

Honestly, this is more important to me than the graphics. I love the new sprites but if the translation is crap, I won't be able to read it.
Old 2015-05-12, 08:38   Link #2548
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
I do it all the time. I dont like to wait especially on imports.
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-05-12, 08:52   Link #2549
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

For imports I get them right away(Saki, Index, SuperHeroine), but those games do not have a lot of text. I am still finishing super heroine (only play story-mode on Tuesday nights, GF levels me during her lunch breaks lol)

I just bought a DS game despite not having a DS yet. But the game was limited edition so had to grab it! I am hoping to find the magazine buried in my moving boxes that had name of the tactical higurashi game (like ogrebattle but with higurashi) so I can buy it. But I have sinking feeling it might have been a phone game GAHHHHH

So I have to figure what to buy for a DS to play these games and my next big game to buy will be SAKI: Nationals (limited edition) for Vita.

I also checked steam forums, I do not think it be the place for someone doing translating and giving out raws ect.. Despite all the eyepatches going around, I do not think it be place for a pirate like me.

Last edited by Daisu; 2015-05-12 at 09:06.
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-12, 11:37   Link #2550
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

What's the point of buying DS games at this point when there is Sui?
Old 2015-05-12, 12:12   Link #2551
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

If its collectors or limited edition for cheap I have to buy it, doesn't matter if I don't have the system to play it. >_< I am still trying to get pachinko machines, keep finding matsuri but not the other one with midnight chapter for sale.

Sui won't be the last one, there be a Limited uber edition SUI-EXTRA out soon after lol

I am trying to find some Natsumi Kimiyoshi figures as well, I have serious lack of them~

Last edited by Daisu; 2015-05-12 at 12:23.
Old 2015-05-12, 12:12   Link #2552
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikou View Post
Original DS games aren't region locked unless you're using a DSi. I have Kizuna II for Meakashi and was thinking of getting the rest (this was before Sui was announced) but sense Sui is out and has all of the arcs from Kizuna and Matsuri I thought it would be unnecessary and a waste of money. You have the Vita version right? I think you shouldn't do it if you already have the VITA version unless its for collector's reasons or something. Also, Kizuna III and IV are stupid expensive last time I've checked. I bought Kizuna II for $16.

Yeah, Kizuna 2's collector edition is really cheap, but on the other hand it's simply garbage compared to the content of the 3 others. Kizuna 4's being still really expensive.

Quote:
Well out of the game art books which would you suggest?

Kizuna 4's from its collector edition is pretty awesome. Ton of exclusive content.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-12, 18:45   Link #2553
GrAVit

I'm.. pretty confident that the translation will be good. That was indeed mainly the whole point of the re-release and also why it took so long.
It wouldn't make any sense if the translation were bad this time. lol
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-12, 19:01   Link #2554
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
I am hoping to find the magazine buried in my moving boxes that had name of the tactical higurashi game (like ogrebattle but with higurashi) so I can buy it. But I have sinking feeling it might have been a phone game GAHHHHH
Are you talking about this?
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-05-13, 00:45   Link #2555
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

That is the picture of the OST for it, I bought that anyways just to check it out lol

But turns out the game is a phone game, supposedly got ported to iphone. It like from 2006, I do not think I be able to get it. I hate phones.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ひぐらしのなく頃に_Tactics

Last edited by Daisu; 2015-05-13 at 01:00.
Old 2015-05-13, 01:42   Link #2556
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

You could always make a JP iTunes account and use an iPod. Maybe it's one of those games that can be played on any iDevice
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-05-13, 07:00   Link #2557
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Old 2015-05-13, 15:11   Link #2558
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

It's kinda annoying that Sui was released on PS3 and not PS4. I don't want to buy a dying console just for Higurashi... (And Umineko)
Old 2015-05-13, 17:25   Link #2559
chaos_alfa

MangaGamer has released a Translator’s Corner for Higurashi: Onikakushi.
http://blog.mangagamer.org/2015/05/1...lators-corner/

That makes me wonder, why didn't MangaGamer translate names of the arcs? Someone who doesn't understand Japanese won't know what Onikakushi means.
The official English translated manga's also use the translated titles.

Maybe they are going to change the name of the store page when the visual novel gets released Friday?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 10:10   Link #2560
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
It's kinda annoying that Sui was released on PS3 and not PS4. I don't want to buy a dying console just for Higurashi... (And Umineko)
We've still got years before the Ps3 "dies".
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote