AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-15, 03:59   Link #2681
Chirst

Got more info about maya notifies outsiders
credited by g-ji
Spoiler for spoil:
Chirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 03:59   Link #2682
tansun

Location: Where the Sands of Time shift and the rain of Fate fall
Quote:
Originally Posted by solhaz View Post
Ohh Maya how I adore your twisted and crazy personalities So my assumption about her wasn't entirely wrong; though instead of just destroyer or protector, she wants him to be either destroyer or protector +savior + changer LOL

It's confirmed then Maya has been plotting and deliberately putting Tats and Miyuki in center stage to make them the target of the world and she would just watch the story unfold. Hmm, she must have a lot of snacks ready in stock then
Don't forget she is also has Hayama on standby to make her an infinite amount of tea for her pleasure

And did i mention that i am a Maya shipper(not in a love race) just love all the scenes that she is in and how she is very cute in a twisted way

Last edited by tansun; 2015-05-15 at 04:08. Reason: had to put some ideas in
tansun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 04:12   Link #2683
ProxyAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
My opinion about those losers getting killed by Black Sage is speculated because as long as they are alive, they may pull another stunt that may drive Tatsuya to kill them. I feel like, the author will not set Tatsuya up to wipe them out, so that is why I feel like, they may get killed by Black Sage.

By the way, so after Tatsuya demonstrated his magic and indirectly told Katsushige that he is not worthy enough get killed Baryon Lance, the story seems to end with making public announcement. Do you guys think, demonstrating magic shut others' down? Or, after they got hit by the most expected thing (Tatsuya being Maya's son), do you guys think, they did not know how to react after that?
A combination. Disputing Maya's words means challenging the family head and possibly a first-hand experience of Meteor Line. Challenging Tatsuya, who has just displayed another potential Strategic Class Magic (in my opinion), and pointing out that it covers any 'weakness' of Decomposition... well that seems even more suicidal. What can they do but swallow any bitterness and toe the line (for now)?

Quote:
“Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? It may be answered that one should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, is much safer to be feared than loved, when, of the two, either must be dispensed with. Because this is to be asserted in general of men, that they are ungrateful, fickle, false, cowardly, covetous, and as long as you succeed they are yours entirely; they will offer you their blood, property, life and children, as is said above, when the need is far distant; but when it approaches they turn against you. And that prince who, relying entirely on their promises, has neglected other precautions, is ruined; because friendships that are obtained by payments, and not by greatness or nobility of mind, may indeed be earned, but they are not secured, and in time of need cannot be relied upon; and men have less scruple in offending one who is beloved than one who is feared, for love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails.”
― Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 04:14   Link #2684
Jiminy

@Flere
Here is the image you requested (from wikia)
Spoiler for Yotsuba family tree:

I can't make it bigger for some reason:
just go to http://mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei.w...1289984583.png

@Proxy good quote - the prince is definitely a book every dictator has to read. It's so damn twisted it's not even funny anymore. (I read that thing a long time ago and I believe I didn't end it) The problem with fear is it may force people to do silly things if they do anything at all. And there's something really dangerous. People who think they have nothing left to loose or got just a glimpse of hope may come for your head. But yeah Machiavelli is a classic that had an enormous influence. I don't think it will serve Tatsuya if he follows its teachings too much. Btw. Shiva is worshiped and feared I think.

Last edited by Jiminy; 2015-05-15 at 04:36.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 04:15   Link #2685
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tansun View Post
Don't forget she is also has Hayama on standby to make her an infinite amount of tea for her pleasure

And did i mention that i am a Maya shipper(not in a love race) just love all the scenes that she is in and how she is very cute in a twisted way
Ahahaha yes, if she was bored coz nothing interesting happen, she might intentionally leaked or distorted the information to terrorist groups (that she dislikes) about Tats and Miyuki so they would target them
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 04:15   Link #2686
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirst View Post
credited by g-ji
Spoiler for spoil:
Thanks you for sharing.
And screw Gouki!!!!
The most important response would be a response from Koichi.
Koichi: OK..... Why was my engagement with her canceled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
@Flere
Here is the image you requested (from wikia)
I can't make it bigger for some reason:
just go to http://mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei.w...1289984583.png
Right, thanks for the link, I was going to point out one thing.
Yotsuba is not a descendant of Abe. Only, Miya, Maya, Tatsuya, and Miyuki (if her genetic is not altered too much) may have some blood relation to Abe.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 04:29   Link #2687
ProxyAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirst View Post
credited by g-ji
Spoiler for spoil:
At the Magic Society headquarters, an objection to the engagement of Shiba Tatsuya and Shiba Miyuki was filed. The petitioner's name is Ichijou Goki. That person is the current family head of the 10 Master Clans' Ichijou Family.

Last edited by ProxyAccount; 2015-05-15 at 04:44.
Old 2015-05-15, 04:36   Link #2688
Ultragunner

There is a big picture of the Yotsuba's family's tree
http://mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei.w...m/wiki/Yotsuba

The ones on the top of this family tree (a.k.a Miyuki and Tatsuya's great-great-grandparents) were not named Yotsuba, I think they were the first or founder of the clan?

And yes, Yuuka's father is married into the family, so it's very likely that her mother - Touka is the Tsukuba's head.

Man, there are quite a lot of males being married into the Yotsuba

The name Shinonome pops up twice so it's an external family?

Or the "Shiba" (not the Shiiba) that was the non-Yotsuba? Tatsuya's father - Tatsurou is a distant relative to the Yotsuba?
If so, it makes sense that the Yotsuba even allow him to marry Miya (plus that he has high Psion count)
Old 2015-05-15, 04:36   Link #2689
TrueAlchemist

If I may add one more point, do you guys remember Tsukasa Kinoe who has a distant relation to Kamo clan. A lot of mangas and animes cover Abe no Seimei, but they do not cover Kamo no Yasunori who was also considered to be natural Onmyoji with immense talents.
And, he also taught Seimei as well. By the way, the relationship between Yasunori and Seimei is not fiction. Both Abe and Kamo clans are both very influential onmyouji families during Heian era.

Based on conversation between Tatsuya and Kokonoe, Kamo clan may still exits in the world of Mahouka because he did not mention it is gone. In addition, Tsutsimikado clan also exists in Mahouka because they contributed to 9th lab according to vol.14. For one more information, Tsutsimikado clan was started by Abe no Yoshihara who was the eldest son of Seimei, but Abe no Yoshihara's family got wiped (I forgot why), but the name of Tsutshimikado managed to survive. And, descendants of Abe clan is considered to be descendants of Abe no Yoshimasa who is the second son of Seimei. (By the way, there is a speculation that Yoshihara was born from Seimei's mistress because age difference between Yoshihara and Yoshimasa is less than one year or around one year, and the second son, Yoshimasa was chosen as the head onmyoji. Normally, the eldest son inherits this position, so some historians speculate the possibilities of Yoshihara being a son of mistress, but everything is speculation, and nothing has been proven.)

So far, the part I of Mahouka ended. And, we will have 10MC selection, but we haven't seen any powerful traditional clan with historic backgrounds in Mahouka, yet.
I feel like, these guys may show up and gets introduced to Tatsuya through Kokonoe because he may be a son of Maya, but he is also a student of Kokonoe Yakumo.
And, we may also expect Buddhist faction, hieizan, or shinobi factions such as Iga and Koga may show up, too in part 2 of Mahouka. (According to Tatsuya, Kokonoe is affiliated with Hieizan, and if I am correct, Miki mentioned about Iga and Koga in Kyoto Arc. )

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2015-05-15 at 04:54.
Old 2015-05-15, 04:54   Link #2690
ProxyAccount

I think that Shiba Tatsuya proved with Yoshida Mikihiko that he can bridge the gap between Traditional Magic and Modern Magic.
Old 2015-05-15, 04:56   Link #2691
Jiminy

Quote:
So far, the part I of Mahouka ended. And, we will have 10MC selection, but we haven't seen any powerful traditional clan with historic backgrounds in Mahouka, yet.
I feel like, these guys may show up and gets introduced to Tatsuya through Kokonoe because he may be a son of Maya, but he is also a student of Kokonoe Yakumo.
And, we may also expect Buddhist faction, hieizan, or shinobi factions such as Iga and Koga may show up, too in part 2 of Mahouka. (According to Tatsuya, Kokone is affiliated with Hieizan, and if I am correct, Miki mentioned about Iga and Koga in Kyoto Arc. )
Yes I think so too. Something like that is going to happen because Satou is not the kind of guy who talks about something in depth just for fun. Many of his little hints had some purpose so far.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 04:56   Link #2692
ProxyAccount

Quote:
Thanks you for sharing.
And screw Gouki!!!!
The most important response would be a response from Koichi.
Koichi: OK..... Why was my engagement with her canceled?
Because Maya lost all feelings for Koichi.
Quote:
Right, thanks for the link, I was going to point out one thing.
Yotsuba is not a descendant of Abe. Only, Miya, Maya, Tatsuya, and Miyuki (if her genetic is not altered too much) may have some blood relation to Abe.
Or maybe modifications amplify her kitsune genes.
Old 2015-05-15, 04:56   Link #2693
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProxyAccount View Post
I think that Shiba Tatsuya proved with Yoshida Mikihiko that he can bridge the gap between Traditional Magic and Modern Magic.
Yes. He may is bad at using magic, but he is a divine talent when it comes to developing new magic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
Yes I think so too. Something like that is going to happen because Satou is not the kind of guy who talks about something in depth just for fun.
I think, that family tree and making Tatsuya's grandmother as a member of Abe may be foreshadowing, but based on what Satou did until now, it may be his way of trolling with us. All of LN readers know, who "Abe" clan is.
Quote:
Because Maya lost all feelings for Koichi..
No. arranged marriage is about politics, so they could still pursue it if she can carry his child. It sounds evil, but it could happen.
God, Satou must make SS with mini Maya and mini Koichi after the kidnapping event.
Old 2015-05-15, 05:01   Link #2694
Echizen777

There are powerful clans but they don't compare to the 28 families and are overshadowed by Modern Magic's progress. It's more about individualities, with Yakumo being the best by far as of now. Zhou was not very strong, though with preparations and with their special techniques they might triumph against certain clans if they are in group. I am waiting to see what Jiedo has planned because attacking at the meeting is pretty risky.

Quote:
Because Maya lost all feelings for Koichi.

Or maybe modifications amplify her kitsune genes.
Wait, she lost her emotions? i thought she was only emotionless regarding her rape and became bitter because of this, TA is saying this most likely because the news of Tatsuya being Maya's son means that she was not sterile, which is the official reason why they canceled their marriage.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 05:02   Link #2695
tansun

Location: Where the Sands of Time shift and the rain of Fate fall
Quote:
well he can see the information dimension with elemental sight and it has been said that he has an understanding of magic at the theoretical level and also at the fundamental leval and can identify where a theory of magic is incorrect and how to fix it. he isnt just good with combat but also has the intelligence to rival and possibly surpass the greatest minds in history

and did I mention that he has deep knowledge of all of the 16 cardinal codes and can use every single one of them, plus other "Shadow Codes" because according to Tatsuya the cardinal theory is incorrect and the 16 codes are not all the codes that exist. and he has an encyclopedic knowledge of all the known magic in the world

Last edited by tansun; 2015-05-15 at 05:13.
tansun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 05:10   Link #2696
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
There are powerful clans but they don't compare to the 28 families and are overshadowed by Modern Magic's progress. It's more about individualities, with Yakumo being the best by far as of now. Zhou was not very strong, though with preparations and with their special techniques they might triumph against certain clans if they are in group. I am waiting to see what Jiedo has planned because attacking at the meeting is pretty risky.
You are correct because that is what the author intended until around Kyoto Arc.
During the Kyoto Arc, the author introduced anti demon magic that can destroy magic and even introduce traditional version of cast jammer. The author also mentioned about the traditionalist technique that can speed up magic casting or process speed. (By the way, it only shows up in the author's narration. No traditionalist used in vol.15). I think, the author is trying to show that traditional magic is not as crappy and garbage as the author initially designed. And, Zhou was powerful, and his technique was impressive. Only magician that made Zhou to run without making any retaliation, was Minoru. He was just unlucky that Nakura shoved his blood in Zhou's system, and Tatsuya with ES was going after him.

For attacking 10MC selection event, I am actually feeling the return of Zhou or possibly Zhou's replacement with a lot of anti magic demonstrations. If we are at the beginning of Mahouka's second part, it may be too early for Jiedo to show himself in Japan unless..... he was always in Japan..... (possible plot twist)
Old 2015-05-15, 05:11   Link #2697
ProxyAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Traditional Magicians have been left out, so it wouldn't be too hard to stage an attack by one.
Quote:
Wait, she lost her emotions? i thought she was only emotionless regarding her rape and became bitter because of this, TA is saying this most likely because the news of Tatsuya being Maya's son means that she was not sterile, which is the official reason why they canceled their marriage.
All experience Maya had became data. Miya did not have the ability only change a portion of her sister's memories. It was all or nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tansun View Post
well he can see the information dimension with elemental sight and it has been said that he has an understanding of magic at the theoretical level and also at the fudamental leval and can identify where a theory of magic is incorrect and how to fix it. he isnt just good with combat but also has the intelligence to rival and possibly surpass the greatest minds in history
Kudou Family left Traditional Magicians behind--they considered it betrayal or treachery. Shiba Tatsuya can bring Traditional Magicians up to the same level as Modern Magicians. This is a threat to hard-core 'Traditionalists', but something that most Traditional Magicians might embrace.
Old 2015-05-15, 05:18   Link #2698
ProxyAccount

Quote:
You are correct because that is what the author intended until around Kyoto Arc.
During the Kyoto Arc, the author introduced anti demon magic that can destroy magic and even introduce traditional version of cast jammer. I think, the author is trying to show that traditional magic is not as crappy and garbage as the author initially designed. And, Zhou was powerful, and his technique was impressive. Only magician that made Zhou to run without making any retaliation, was Minoru. He was just unlucky that Nakura shoved his blood in Zhou's system, and Tatsuya with ES was going after him.
Tatsuya always said that Traditional Magic was powerful, just that since battles often boil down to who strikes first, Modern Magic is considered better.
Quote:
For attacking 10MC selection event, I am actually feeling the return of Zhou or possibly Zhou's replacement with a lot of anti magic demonstrations. If we are at the beginning of Mahouka's second part, it may be too early for Jiedo to show himself in Japan unless..... he was always in Japan..... (possible plot twist)
Mahouka version of Osam* B*n Lad*n. Hiding in major city of Pakistan, not cave in Afghanistan --> Hiding in city in Japan or USNA, not GAA.
Old 2015-05-15, 05:20   Link #2699
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Kudou Family left Traditional Magicians behind--they considered it betrayal or treachery. Shiba Tatsuya can bring Traditional Magicians up to the same level as Modern Magicians. This is a threat to hard-core 'Traditionalists', but something that most Traditional Magicians might embrace.
In addition to what Proxy said, it is traditional way to exchange magics. If one gives or teaches to another, he/she also gives back another magic. Those guys who participated 9th institute, wanted to improve their magic or gains new one, but they were kicked at the corner. Of course, Nine families state, the 9th institute and the government never gave a promise to provide participants with new power or new magic.
Quote:
Tatsuya always said that Traditional Magic was powerful, just that since battles often boil down to who strikes first, Modern Magic is considered better.
Mahouka version of Osam* B*n Lad*n. Hiding in major city of Pakistan, not cave in Afghanistan --> Hiding in city in Japan or USNA, not GAA.
No, I am not talking about Tatsuya's perspective of traditional magic, but general perspective by modern magicians. For an example, Masaki was shocked how fast a traditionalist casted Karakuri blade because he believed, traditional magic should be super slow, and it is only good at ambushing. And, even Erika gave out comments that underestimate traditional magics when Miki was explaining how Karakuri blade works.

Come on!!! This is LN. Don't you think, it would be interesting if the most unexpected individual is proven to be Jiedo Heigu?
Old 2015-05-15, 05:23   Link #2700
ProxyAccount

Quote:
In addition to what Proxy said, it is traditional way to exchange magics. If one gives or teaches to another, he/she also gives back another magic. Those guys who participated 9th institute, wanted to improve their magic or gains new one, but they were kicked at the corner. Of course, Nine families state, the 9th institute and the government never gave a promise to provide participants with new power or new magic.
New FLT line of CADs aimed at Traditional Magic? Versions of Traditional Magic published by Silver? Or maybe offers to optimize TM for CADs through Kokonoe and Yoshida?

Maybe the Black Sage isn't a human anymore, but a brain in a box? Or what if he can transfer via possession?

Actually, in the back of my mind, I sometimes wonder if Maya is crazy enough to be the Black Sage. But then I think that Satou will be more conventional, not making a ridiculous twist.

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy