AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-05-16, 21:28   Link #5621
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Neither did i mean it literally. I just wanted to point out Erina still has a facade to maintain and a family to serve so unlike Vegeta, she can make no heel-face turn without sacrifice them.

And you can't say anything for sure, sometime the author spends a lot of time working on a heroine just to emphasize how pathetic she really is (read: Sakura in Naruto).
^Given how... isolated she feels from others would it be that big a leap for her to make a face-heel turn if real friendships were offered? She was looking at the Polar Star kids+Nikumi with a bit of envy back during the election and her conversations with Hisako show she wished for a more casual relationship.
Old 2015-05-16, 21:36   Link #5622
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
It's not just you. You've read the extra chapters right? The guys fashion conscious so it's not surprising.

Be fair here, she does use those private kitchens to develop new dishes, going back all the way to chapter 2. She's also given them to her subordinates as what happened with Nikumi.
She rich and doesn't need more than one kitchen I doubt any of the kitchens she took help to develop new dishes at all also the simple fact she gave them to her subordinates proves she doesn't need them at all.
Old 2015-05-17, 00:11   Link #5623
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucho View Post
So, about the thing of Souman catching Erina:
It was CLEARLY hinted after the end of the Autumn Election that Erina is alone, that in order to become a great chef you have to experience a lot of things, to exchange with other people but Erina, due to her loneliness (except for Hisako) is pretty much unable to do this ("If you look at the dishes alone, all you're going to see is your unchanging self"), therefore being stalled or improving at a very slow pace compared with Souma's pace being boosted by all the people he gathers around him.
You do realize that people all over the world pay her to taste test their dishes. That's how she improves, by taste testing their dishes. She learns everything about how they cook their dishes and adds it to her knowledge, she's does the same thing as Souma but the method is different
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 00:20   Link #5624
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
You do realize that people all over the world pay her to taste test their dishes. That's how she improves, by taste testing their dishes. She learns everything about how they cook their dishes and adds it to her knowledge, she's does the same thing as Souma but the method is different
Not quite. I'm sure she learns by tasting other people's dishes but we haven't seen her truly take herself out of her comfort zone to create new dishes like Souma does.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 00:51   Link #5625
Sixth
Hu Tao

Sometimes I don't even understand why Erina needs so many kitchen the Asura only need a small kitchen.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 01:26   Link #5626
theshade1

So far the author has impressed me with how he used "power levels". Like the only underdogs to win- Subaru v Aldini, Soma v Alice, won because of other factors. Subaru won cuz he got inside Takumi's head, and Souma won cuz Alice failed to understand the brief. So if/when Souma does beat Erina (he's the MC, so he pretty much will), I'd expect the brief to be something like- innovation of common food. Cuz otherwise, I don't see him winning anytime soon.

Which is why I hope their main confrontation will be in the future, when both of them grow stronger.
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 01:29   Link #5627
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Sometimes I don't even understand why Erina needs so many kitchen the Asura only need a small kitchen.
because she has nowhere to cook! need more kitchens!

Old 2015-05-17, 01:42   Link #5628
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshade1 View Post
So far the author has impressed me with how he used "power levels". Like the only underdogs to win- Subaru v Aldini, Soma v Alice, won because of other factors. Subaru won cuz he got inside Takumi's head, and Souma won cuz Alice failed to understand the brief. So if/when Souma does beat Erina (he's the MC, so he pretty much will), I'd expect the brief to be something like- innovation of common food. Cuz otherwise, I don't see him winning anytime soon.

Which is why I hope their main confrontation will be in the future, when both of them grow stronger.
Erina has to 'fail' first, given all of the foreshadowing so far.

Whether it'll be at the hands of Souma, remains to be seen.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 01:57   Link #5629
Parry999

Quote:
Well she did give Nikumi her own kitchen and she probably has more underlings.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 02:07   Link #5630
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshade1 View Post

You're kidding, right? The hero will obviously beat the villain fair and square, the ones who use cheap tricks are villains but they will lose anyway, it's the universal law.
Old 2015-05-17, 02:32   Link #5631
Exether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucho View Post
So, about the thing of Souman catching Erina:
It was CLEARLY hinted after the end of the Autumn Election that Erina is alone, that in order to become a great chef you have to experience a lot of things, to exchange with other people but Erina, due to her loneliness (except for Hisako) is pretty much unable to do this ("If you look at the dishes alone, all you're going to see is your unchanging self"), therefore being stalled or improving at a very slow pace compared with Souma's pace being boosted by all the people he gathers around him.
I agree. I don't think Erina is improving that much simply by doing her "tasting" session. I would think Erina case is pretty much as follow:

1. Her main gift is her taste. But from what we have seen so far, she is using that gift mostly as a food critic for third parties... She has developed that gift and in addition has been studying cuisine since early childhood, just like Souma. But her fatal flaw is that she has very likely reached a point in which she is not thinking about improving her talents anymore. She might think she's alone at the peak, but she's only midway and there are people above her.

2. Now, she certainly has talent but she's very likely in a similar situation as the rest of the first years in relation to the rest of the elite 10 (E10) that we saw in chapter 118. The second year E10 might be too focused on trying to beat the third years that they very likely don't consider Erina is at their level either.

3. Which takes me again to the first point. Erina is no longer looking above (To improve herself), she is instead looking below... She has gained renown across Tōtsuki and other places not particularly for her talent (Which everybody already knows she has) but for her Holier-than-thou attitude against all clubs and people that she doesn't consider at the level of Tōtsuki. While there are some "purists" that might admire and respect her like Hisako, and people that are her underlings like Ikumi used to be, I would say the rest of the student body fear her because she has systematically closed down club after club.

4. All in all, Erina has certainly made a name for herself, but the rest of the E10 have very likely been working on their own personal strategies for improvement (Like Satoshi and Etsuya with their own respective businesses)while she's been busy looking down on the rest of the world.
Old 2015-05-17, 02:38   Link #5632
theshade1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
I agree. I don't think Erina is improving that much simply by doing her "tasting" session. I would think Erina case is pretty much as follow:

1. Her main gift is her taste. But from what we have seen so far, she is using that gift mostly as a food critic for third parties... She has developed that gift and in addition has been studying cuisine since early childhood, just like Souma. But her fatal flaw is that she has very likely reached a point in which she is not thinking about improving her talents anymore. She might think she's alone at the peak, but she's only midway and there are people above her.

2. Now, she certainly has talent but she's very likely in a similar situation as the rest of the first years in relation to the rest of the elite 10 (E10) that we saw in chapter 118. The second year E10 might be too focused on trying to beat the third years that they very likely don't consider Erina is at their level either.

3. Which takes me again to the first point. Erina is no longer looking above (To improve herself), she is instead looking below... She has gained renown across Tōtsuki and other places not particularly for her talent (Which everybody already knows she has) but for her Holier-than-thou attitude against all clubs and people that she doesn't consider at the level of Tōtsuki. While there are some "purists" that might admire and respect her like Hisako her, and people that are her underlings like Ikumi used to be, I would say the rest of the student body fear her because she has systematically closed down club after club.

4. All in all, Erina has certainly made a name for herself, but the rest of the E10 have very likely been working on their own personal strategies for improvement (Like Satoshi and Etsuya with their own respective businesses)while she's been busy looking down on the rest of the world.
I think that's a bit of a reach. Fact is we don't know how she's improving or whether she is. Her not improving as much as the others is due to the lack of competition. None of the first years were good enough at the time and the seniors are too busy fighting amongst themselves. The E10 are the 10 best in the entire school, so the fact that she's the youngest and only first year shows her skill isn't overrated or just reliant on her taste. At this moment in time, I honestly do not believe any of the fist years could beat her (Hayama prolly has the greatest chance, but even then). This is why I think in the next arc, the author put her in the first year side, rather than the E10 side.
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 02:40   Link #5633
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
False.

Not sure why you would think that way.

Spoiler:

She hasn't even reached anywhere near her ceiling/potential, yet.

Doujima even mentioned earlier she's still a 'raw & unpolished diamond' - basically, not the finished product.

Last edited by Dysprosium; 2015-05-17 at 05:00.
Old 2015-05-17, 05:10   Link #5634
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
Yup.

Erina's a freak of nature, no doubt.

In the eyes of Doujima, she's on the path of becoming Tootsuki's greatest ever cook it has produced.

That is why I feel the Souma/Erina match-up won't happen so soon, & there could be a re-shuffling of seats, to avoid that scenario.

I would bravely say Eizan's the first opponent for Souma, to enter the E10.
it was funny when I see people said Souma can easy get in top 5 or Souma/Alice/Hayama can now take the 10th seat. NO! This joke can't even compare with Megumi will have Erina step down.

Anyway, I don't think Megumi will be in 10th Elite if she can't cure her overreact and anxiety. Everyday gonna be hell when they keep fighting among themselves and with other students.

Its no easy pressure for Megumi
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 09:00   Link #5635
Exether

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
False.

Not sure why you would think that way.

Spoiler:

She hasn't even reached anywhere near her ceiling/potential, yet.

Doujima even mentioned earlier she's still a 'raw & unpolished diamond' - basically, not the finished product.
mmm... I don't remember seeing that It certainly changes my initial perspective... Will need to reread the manga all over again.

Now, I never said that she had reached her ceiling, but I still think that she's not reaching her full potential precisely because she's looking down on the rest of her pears from her generation, as well as looking down on what she would call "commoner's food" which she clearly doesn't even want to see in the school.

I certainly doubt she can make any more significant progress by herself. She'll certainly improve but at a slower rate than Soma and the rest that are learning from one another.

Tōtsuki being a place where "diamonds" collide against one another and polish each other, Erina might be the single diamond that hasn't experience any "serious collision" yet.
Old 2015-05-17, 09:17   Link #5636
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
it was funny when I see people said Souma can easy get in top 5 or Souma/Alice/Hayama can now take the 10th seat. NO! This joke can't even compare with Megumi will have Erina step down.

Anyway, I don't think Megumi will be in 10th Elite if she can't cure her overreact and anxiety. Everyday gonna be hell when they keep fighting among themselves and with other students.

Its no easy pressure for Megumi
I don't think we have to worry about Megumi as long as she doesn't drastically stray away from her current path.

Besides,

Spoiler:

I'm sure she'll eventually be in the E10, just not in the top seats.

Quote:
mmm... I don't remember seeing that It certainly changes my initial perspective... Will need to reread the manga all over again.

Now, I never said that she had reached her ceiling, but I still think that she's not reaching her full potential precisely because she's looking down on the rest of her pears from her generation, as well as looking down on what she would call "commoner's food" which she clearly doesn't even want to see in the school.

I certainly doubt she can make any more significant progress by herself. She'll certainly improve but at a slower rate than Soma and the rest that are learning from one another.

Tōtsuki being a place where "diamonds" collide against one another and polish each other, Erina might be the single diamond that hasn't experience any "serious collision" yet.
The competition that she currently has is right in front of her, & us - the rest of the Elite 10. She wants to take the top/the summit - nothing else.

Besides, being the direct heir to the Nakiri empire, she has amazingly high expectations & pressure to cope with.

The problem people have with Erina is she hasn't displayed enough feats yet to convince them of how strong she is. I do, though. I thoroughly believe the hype, from what I've seen so far.

I've said before her time of 'failure' would eventually come, in order for her to have that 'necessary' character development, moving forward. I just don't think it'll happen that soon.
Old 2015-05-17, 09:29   Link #5637
Shlugo

I always find it funny when people reject reality and substitute it with their own.

It was said that Erina will become the greatest that Tootsuki ever produced. Greater than Gin, Shinomiya or Asura. Nobody is catching up to her any time soon.

About looking down on her "peers", the thing is they are not really her peers except by age her peers is the other members of Elite 10. She doesn't bother with them for the same reason the rest of the Elite 10 doesn't - she's already in the higher leagues. You don't see Souma bothering with the first years who didn't classify for Autumn Election, right?

Erina isn't looking down on them because she isn't looking down at all, she looks up - to the top.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 09:40   Link #5638
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
I always find it funny when people reject reality and substitute it with their own.

It was said that Erina will become the greatest that Tootsuki ever produced. Greater than Gin, Shinomiya or Asura.
Nobody is catching up to her any time soon.
let's not get crazy on that because it isn't.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 09:47   Link #5639
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post

It was said that Erina will become the greatest that Tootsuki ever produced. Greater than Gin, Shinomiya or Asura. Nobody is catching up to her any time soon.

About looking down on her "peers", the thing is they are not really her peers except by age her peers is the other members of Elite 10. She doesn't bother with them for the same reason the rest of the Elite 10 doesn't - she's already in the higher leagues. You don't see Souma bothering with the first years who didn't classify for Autumn Election, right?

Erina isn't looking down on them because she isn't looking down at all, she looks up - to the top.
Yeah the only one rejecting reality and substituting it with their own is you.
Old 2015-05-17, 09:55   Link #5640
Shlugo

Quote:
let's not get crazy on that because it isn't.
I'm going to trust Gin on that. He doesn't seem like one to spew basless hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starway View Post
Yeah the only one rejecting reality and substituting it with their own is you.
Such an amazing use of the "NO, YOU!" retort, I can't possibly counter that in any way.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, echii, food porn, foodgasm, licensed, school, shounen