AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-24, 09:01   Link #3161
Aika Natsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
FTL is actually pretty small and they don't make mass production CADs (they focus on specialized), they lack the volume to make a lots of money.

Also, the Yotsuba wouldn't need sponsor if they were self sufficient on money. The definition of a sponsor is someone who support you financially.
Sponsor isnt just someone who supports you financially, it could be on some sort of things or others. Sponsors can be someone who gives the Yotsuba human guinea pigs to experiment on or they could be someone who gives them more money (even though they have enough money) to actually do some jobs for them.

Anyways, i do think FLT is enough with whatever Tatsuya is planning. In the world of Mahouka CADs are a must so having a business like FLT is a sure big win especially if they started to revolutionize the use of CAD through silver, they would have copyrights for discovering such loop cast. Imagine the money? Lol

As for whats bothering me, Can someone clarify this mess in my head.
1. Tatsuya and Miyuki have the same parents, only because they were born from the same parents but how about the eggs and the sperm used? Was it different from both of them?
2. If the eggs were from Miya and the sperm were from Tatsurou obviously they are siblings at birth thus making them a natural born Yotsuba, however, Miyuki was genetically modified making her genes different from that of a sibling from Tatsuya making her bear the child of Tatsuya without genetic problems, but still they were siblings at some point of their life right?
3. Maya is not the mother of Tatsuya, shes just claiming him her son because of his powers but her relationship with him is just that of an aunt and nephew.
4. Yuuka... Can she not enter Tatsuyas harem instead? Lol she can be Miyuki and Tatsuya's older sister!
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 09:01   Link #3162
LHikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
FTL is actually pretty small and they don't make mass production CADs (they focus on specialized), they lack the volume to make a lots of money.

Also, the Yotsuba wouldn't need sponsor if they were self sufficient on money. The definition of a sponsor is someone who support you financially.
Sponsor is not only economic, also be about power or influence.

And FLT makes not only specialiced, general too, third Lab, where Tats. works its only one of this, but, at least, are two more labs, so....
LHikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 09:12   Link #3163
Echizen777

I don't see why Yotsuba should be considered the wealthiest, Saegusa and Kudou seem weallthier so far. According to volume 15 summaries they rely mostly on assassination missions, it's vital for them, where they also gain men, FLT with Tatsuya's 3rd division is also a great source of income. They are not very wealthy compared to the others.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 09:30   Link #3164
maypayne

People just like spout things without anything to back it up. FLT is international compoany who deal mainly with law enforcement and military. Just from this, I can assume they make enough money.

Just going with FLT, they must make millions in foreign currency.

The Yotsuba have other businesses including hotels all over as stated in volume 13.

What exactly have the Saegusa and Kudou, to say that they seem wealthier?

Assassination is their main business with the Government and for them to be doing it, it means that it pays quite well. And have hard time believing that it is their main source of income.
maypayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 09:52   Link #3165
LHikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
Sponsor isnt just someone who supports you financially, it could be on some sort of things or others. Sponsors can be someone who gives the Yotsuba human guinea pigs to experiment on or they could be someone who gives them more money (even though they have enough money) to actually do some jobs for them.

Anyways, i do think FLT is enough with whatever Tatsuya is planning. In the world of Mahouka CADs are a must so having a business like FLT is a sure big win especially if they started to revolutionize the use of CAD through silver, they would have copyrights for discovering such loop cast. Imagine the money? Lol

1. Tatsuya and Miyuki have the same parents, only because they were born from the same parents but how about the eggs and the sperm used? Was it different from both of them?
2. If the eggs were from Miya and the sperm were from Tatsurou obviously they are siblings at birth thus making them a natural born Yotsuba, however, Miyuki was genetically modified making her genes different from that of a sibling from Tatsuya making her bear the child of Tatsuya without genetic problems, but still they were siblings at some point of their life right?
3. Maya is not the mother of Tatsuya, shes just claiming him her son because of his powers but her relationship with him is just that of an aunt and nephew.
4. Yuuka... Can she not enter Tatsuyas harem instead? Lol she can be Miyuki and Tatsuya's older sister!
1. Egg is from Miya, and sperm is Tatsurou
2.Miyuki is a genetically modified to bear Tatsuya child without inbreed problem, so, basically they are blood related, but she has ADN modification(Tats thinks naturally mutations before). So, you can think how deep are this mutations.
3. Maya claims Tats is her son because his power is all she wish (a power which can destroy the world), but are aunt and nephew.

I think Satou make it a moral question, about how do you define sibilings, by blood?, by mutual relations?, i think this is the question.
LHikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 09:56   Link #3166
Iramohs

Quote:
You are right indeed, all this speculation about Project ESCAPES is making me laugh, Tatsuya has all the funding he will ever need thanks to the Yotsuba's vast wealth and if he needs great minds to work on undersea explorations and work all he needs to do is drop the fact that he is Taurus Silver and scientists and engineers around japan(and quite possibly the world) would rush in droves with the opportunity to work with the great Taurus Silv
You really think the Yotsuba would finance Tatsuya's project? They have nothing to gain from this.

Quote:
I'm talking about him saying the FLT could not possible handle this project alone, which is his personal opinion based on his on estimate without even talking with Maya first. This is why I'm saying that his opinion on this one is wrong.

If this came from Aoki mouth, I would say OK, but Tatsuya, I will never again believe a single word coming from his personal monologues.
Maya is solely interested in destroying the world, not improving it.

Quote:

FLT makes a shit load of money from their government, military, and law enforcement contracts. Money is not the problem with this project. They need additional manpower to actually construct the deepsea mining platform, etc.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 10:04   Link #3167
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post

About number 2, the way Maya talks about Miyuki's modification makes it sound a lot more complicated than just changing her mentally in order to seal Tatsuya. She says stuff like how Miyuki's beauty and the entire Miyuki package was a a one-time irreplaceable deal, which makes me think Miyuki was altered before she she was given birth to. If that's the case, then logic lends credence to the possibility of Miyuki being modified before being artificially inseminated into Miya. This opens up the theory of her already not genetically being Tatsuya's sibling. Of course, Miyuki and Tatsuya did make use of Miya's womb at some point so I guess it depends on whether you believe Miya was more of a surrogate to Miyuki.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 10:08   Link #3168
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by maypayne View Post
People just like spout things without anything to back it up. FLT is international compoany who deal mainly with law enforcement and military. Just from this, I can assume they make enough money.
Huh? Where is it mentioned? I don't remember something like this, it's solely for magic engineering and they are not as big as Rozen or Maximillian Industries. Tatsuya is the main reason their CADs are popular.

Just going with FLT, they must make millions in foreign currency.

Quote:
The Yotsuba have other businesses including hotels all over as stated in volume 13.

What exactly have the Saegusa and Kudou, to say that they seem wealthier?
You think other families have not other businesses? Actually we don't know about thier businesses at all. Saegusa and Kudou just give me the impression to be wealthier, Saegusa especially who employ a lot of persons and likes to organize parties every time there is a big event.

Quote:
Assassination is their main business with the Government and for them to be doing it, it means that it pays quite well. And have hard time believing that it is their main source of income.
I reread it, it's an important source of income for them, just like Tatsuya and his third division, relying heavily on shady jobs are trying to fill their ranks with brainwashed people don't give me the impression they are the wealthiest.
Old 2015-05-24, 10:42   Link #3169
maypayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Huh? Where is it mentioned? I don't remember something like this, it's solely for magic engineering and they are not as big as Rozen or Maximillian Industries. Tatsuya is the main reason their CADs are popular.
Spoiler for vol-1:

Spoiler for vol-6:

Spoiler for Vol-6:

we're talking globe here, no just japan, which means USD dollars coming in, and I repeat USD dollards coming in.
Just from this, I still think that they are the wealthiest.
maypayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 11:14   Link #3170
Aika Natsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
About number 2, the way Maya talks about Miyuki's modification makes it sound a lot more complicated than just changing her mentally in order to seal Tatsuya. She says stuff like how Miyuki's beauty and the entire Miyuki package was a a one-time irreplaceable deal, which makes me think Miyuki was altered before she she was given birth to. If that's the case, then logic lends credence to the possibility of Miyuki being modified before being artificially inseminated into Miya. This opens up the theory of her already not genetically being Tatsuya's sibling. Of course, Miyuki and Tatsuya did make use of Miya's womb at some point so I guess it depends on whether you believe Miya was more of a surrogate to Miyuki.
Yes thats where my confusion starts because if thats the case, you wouldnt consider her a sibling to Tatsuya. Satou didnt make it clear as to how modified is Miyuki but the fact that she has cocytus which is a unique MI common to Yotsuba, i would consider her a blood born Yotsuba by birth and will consider her modified after or during the development of the egg. Miya's egg and Tatsurous sperm, shes still a sibling of tatsuya at some point.
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 11:19   Link #3171
solhaz

Quote:
You think other families have not other businesses? Actually we don't know about thier businesses at all. Saegusa and Kudou just give me the impression to be wealthier, Saegusa especially who employ a lot of persons and likes to organize parties every time there is a big event.
I think being able to employ many persons or likes to organize parties couldn't really become a standard to determine whether they are wealthier or not. There are a lot of wealthy people who dislike being in the spotlight and prefer to keep a low profile. Saegusa Koichi just likes to show off (that's why he also employs extra as bodyguard) and being in the spotlight whereas Yotsuba is just the opposite (They're really secretive) but both are very wealthy nonetheless. Who is the wealthiest among TMC? we won't know it until Satou disclosed it to us.

Like someone said, asking Rozen to cooperate is like Apple (who create the technology) asks Samsung to produce it together; I really can't imagine it. Besides, we don't really know Japan relationship with Europe right now (Too bad Japan - USNA relationship is quite strained now). Finance won't be a problem I think, not when Tatsuya could ask Yotsuba, government or Kitayama to sponsor it.

Quote:
You really think the Yotsuba would finance Tatsuya's project? They have nothing to gain from this.
Why nothing? you invest in something, you would get profits from it. Moreover, FLT is owned by Yotsuba; of course they could get money and prestige from it.
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 12:23   Link #3172
amtro
Distro

Genetic modifications occur during the embryonic phase. It stands to reason that a genetically modified child will be modified prior to implantation in the womb.
Why are you people arguing about this?

Quote:
They have everything to gain from this. Energy production businesses are extremely lucrative businesses because of the simple fact that everyone uses electrical energy. We're talking about revolutionizing energy production globally and improving the lives of countless magicians. And to be able to sell cheap, environment friendly energy? They'll be raking in like no tomorrow. To hell with being a 10MC, they can buy the country and proclaim themselves the royal family with that kind of money.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 12:25   Link #3173
tansun

Location: Where the Sands of Time shift and the rain of Fate fall
Quote:
Spoiler for vol-1:

Spoiler for vol-6:

Spoiler for Vol-6:

we're talking globe here, no just japan, which means USD dollars coming in, and I repeat USD dollards coming in.
Some people just refuse to believe what is right in front of them, the Yotsuba is easily the most powerful clan/family in the world and with that power comes vast wealth and they have the Greatest mind in history, a pure genius, a level of intelligence that is extraterrestrial working for them and his name is Shiba Tatsuya aka the world famed Taurus silver.

With Tatsuya the Yotsuba has gained immense wealth and he has single handedly made FLT one of the biggest company's in the world in regards to magic development.

The Yotsuba owns FLT so they have every thing to gain from Project ESCAPES, Tatsuya is about to revolutionize energy production and you can bet your bottom dollar(pun intended) that the Yotsuba will want to get in on this deal as early as possible and support Tatsuya in any way they can. guys this guy is going to be the next Nicola Tesla and Tomas Edison and the money that will come out of this Project will dwarf any money Tatsuya has made for the Yotsuba, we are talking multi billions here this is going to be at the same level as oil discovery.

If this project is a success the Yotsuba family could easily become the worlds Richest family and by a massive margin at that.
tansun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 12:32   Link #3174
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Quote:
Originally Posted by tansun View Post
Some people just refuse to believe what is right in front of them, the Yotsuba is easily the most powerful clan/family in the world and with that power comes vast wealth and they have the Greatest mind in history, a pure genius, a level of intelligence that is extraterrestrial working for them and his name is Shiba Tatsuya aka the world famed Taurus silver.

With Tatsuya the Yotsuba has gained immense wealth and he has single handedly made FLT one of the biggest company's in the world in regards to magic development.

The Yotsuba owns FLT so they have every thing to gain from Project ESCAPES, Tatsuya is about to revolutionize energy production and you can bet your bottom dollar(pun intended) that the Yotsuba will want to get in on this deal as early as possible and support Tatsuya in any way they can. guys this guy is going to be the next Nicola Tesla and Tomas Edison and the money that will come out of this Project will dwarf any money Tatsuya has made for the Yotsuba.

If this project is a success the Yotsuba family could easily become the worlds Richest family and by a massive margin at that.

How about the issue of Yotsuba publicizing their connections with FLT?
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 12:33   Link #3175
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Genetic modifications occur during the embryonic phase. It stands to reason that a genetically modified child will be modified prior to implantation in the womb.
I, too, unable to understand those arguements

Or can we actually modify gene while or after implantation and growing phases? Heh
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 12:41   Link #3176
tansun

Location: Where the Sands of Time shift and the rain of Fate fall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumme View Post
How about the issue of Yotsuba publicizing their connections with FLT?
They have no obligation to publicize their connections if it doesn't suit their interests, but if they have something to gain by publicizing then they have the power to do so, this is the benefit of having total secrecy you know everything and your opponents, enemy's, and rivals know nothing about you therefore you have all the cards to play and your opponent has nothing.
tansun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 12:45   Link #3177
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumme View Post
I, too, unable to understand those arguements

Or can we actually modify gene while or after implantation and growing phases? Heh
No, that simply not a viable option. It has to be done at the earliest possible phase after the egg is fertilized.
Old 2015-05-24, 13:14   Link #3178
millie10468

Quote:
No, that simply not a viable option. It has to be done at the earliest possible phase after the egg is fertilized.
Not that I believe for one minute that you're wrong, but you forget this is a world in which magic exists. Who knows if the Yotsuba have a magic spell that alters genes after birth?

However, it's a moot point because Satou says they're no longer genetically siblings. I feel like people trying to desperately establish something wrong/different to this statement are being motivated by something akin to denial. Until Satou says different, Miyuki and Tatsuya are genetically dissimilar.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 13:14   Link #3179
Echizen777

Quote:
Spoiler for vol-1:

Spoiler for vol-6:

Spoiler for Vol-6:

You said they deal mainly with them, it's never been said. Also, selling CAD around th globe is not the problem, as I said, Rozen and Maximillian Industries do the same. Flying type CADs are not the only types of CAD, for examples USNA soldiers use several types of weapon integrated CADs and you can be quit sure they are from Maximillian Industries.

Quote:

They have everything to gain from this. Energy production businesses are extremely lucrative businesses because of the simple fact that everyone uses electrical energy. We're talking about revolutionizing energy production globally and improving the lives of countless magicians. And to be able to sell cheap, environment friendly energy? They'll be raking in like no tomorrow. To hell with being a 10MC, they can buy the country and proclaim themselves the royal family with that kind of money.
It's not certain, because our sciences are not the same as theirs, what they did would be impossible IRL, the illustration with Miyuki also implies that it was after her birth.
Old 2015-05-24, 13:47   Link #3180
amtro
Distro

Why is logic falling on deaf ears now? It goes without saying that to make permanent alterations on an organism that changes need to be made at the earliest possible stage of development. In humans that would be either prior to fertilization, or right after.
Hell even using extremely simplified stupid-logic you will reach the same conclusion: less cells to modify → less work to do and better results when the cells replicate.

Quote:
It's not certain, because our sciences are not the same as theirs, what they did would be impossible IRL, the illustration with Miyuki also implies that it was after her birth.
Irrelevant, that is merely to illustrate the point. In that illustration Miyuki had breasts and a grown body, yet we know that Miyuki has been able to use Cocytus since at least Okinawa and she was notably less developed back then.

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy