AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-05-28, 08:30   Link #21
Drake007

This birdcage is a monster. So why do Dofla are getting nervous if he hears Kaidou?
If Dofla is at 100% where is Kaidou (DF?), Big Mom(DF!), Blackbeard(2DF maybe more) and especially Shanks (no DF at this point known) in this list.

I do not begin with those two bastard Admirals I hate the most.

But the chapter was nice and I hope Oda does not milk it to the extreme. As this arc is a little bit long when I put punk hazard into this.
Old 2015-05-28, 09:11   Link #22
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I wonder if Mansherry's tears could speed up Luffy's recovery process, and if so, why seemingly no "teardelion" has hit him yet.
Depends, I figure those tears are just health globes to restore health, not reduce cooldown timer.

Luffy's out of gas, not out of health.
Old 2015-05-28, 09:19   Link #23
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

It is so tense... I hope those teardelions won't hit Doflamingo.. it is not funny if he managed to recover faster than Luffy

I hope Violet won't die in dumb way against Doflamingo.. and looks like as predicted, Fujitora and Navy helped the citizen and pirates
I like the fact that navy, Dressrosa, and pirates are united to fight a single enemy, Doflamingo

keep the hype!
Old 2015-05-28, 09:35   Link #24
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Its amazing to see Burgess still running around so carefree and in a df-hunty mood. Either he is totally oblivious to his surroundings or he is truly confident enough to escape from Godcage alive somehow.

To tell the truth, a finishing panel of Burgess utterly destroying birdcage single-handedly would give him some good time rather than being target practice for Sabo...and a glorious show for a Blackbeard crew Giant Captain...and for the love of god, please dont let it end with a face-kick from Sabo this time.
Old 2015-05-28, 09:47   Link #25
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
It is so tense... I hope those teardelions won't hit Doflamingo.. it is not funny if he managed to recover faster than Luffy
story-wise, I'd guess there's a very high chance that Mingo will get a Teardelion before Luffy lands his final blow. It would make things more exciting to have Mingo back at near 100% power/health. And it would show just how strong Luffy's super secret move is as opposed to him just beating Mingo at like 10%. that wouldn't be nearly as heroic or suspenseful. It's similar to Goku and Vegeta's opponents getting to full power (with power-ups, senzu beans, etc...) before they are beaten. of course this would make Luffy's new move more OP than the Birdcage
Old 2015-05-28, 11:05   Link #26
marvelB

Know what would be a great way for Oda to drag out the fight even further? If those "teardelions" healed not only Dofla, but the executives, as well, like I mentioned last page.

As far as the strength of the Birdcage goes.... well, no doubt it's insane, but I feel this is something to be expected from someone like Dofla. Still, we haven't seen how effective it would be on a logia like Sabo yet. I mean, if the cage's strings turns out to be heat-resistant, THEN I feel we can call BS on it, lol.
Old 2015-05-28, 11:17   Link #27
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 788(Double Damage?)
If the princes's healing powers where to fall on Luffy before the 10 mins are up I think they would have a devastating affect on him. Sure he would be healed but it would be double the affects of his gear 4 which could kill him after the healing wore off. Same for Daflamingo if the damage is has bad has it is. I understand the people in the bird cage have nothing to loose but they must be careful not to add more on to what they already have. Her powers come at a huge cost in the fact that damage actually compounds on to the person who uses it because the damage never really healed.

Immortality?
Law is going to lose his arm and possibly die in this arch if he is not careful on how he uses his power from here on. Now if Law is going to die in this arch he might use the immortality move on someone. Because him Luffy, Daflamingo are pushing themselves. If the princesses power is used on Luffy before the 10 min are up Law may have to perform the move on Luffy. Maybe Viola may have it. Who knows but if Law ends ups passing away I wonder who would receive immortality?
Old 2015-05-28, 11:21   Link #28
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

and nobody comments on Rebecca going to Doflamingo, seemly to fight him. O.o
Of course Viola beat her to it. :/

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2015-05-28, 11:33   Link #29
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Know what would be a great way for Oda to drag out the fight even further? If those "teardelions" healed not only Dofla, but the executives, as well, like I mentioned last page.
the executives being revived would be like a nightmare... for me I suppose it could be funny (and stupid) if the entire Mingo crew was revived and then Luffy beat them all with one move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
and nobody comments on Rebecca going to Doflamingo, seemly to fight him. O.o
Of course Viola beat her to it. :/
what's to say? she was thoroughly disappointing vs Diamante. I expect she would be even more useless against Mingo. Based on her previous "fight" I'd assume she will take a step forward only to have a man's arm grab her and pull her back out of harm's way.
Old 2015-05-28, 11:34   Link #30
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Its amazing to see Burgess still running around so carefree and in a df-hunty mood. Either he is totally oblivious to his surroundings or he is truly confident enough to escape from Godcage alive somehow.
Well there is one simple way to escape the birdcage; take cover inside the factory. Factory probably isn't big enough to fit the entire population of dressrosa, but it would work for burgess and a few hundred other people
Old 2015-05-28, 11:40   Link #31
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
the executives being revived would be like a nightmare... for me I suppose it could be funny (and stupid) if the entire Mingo crew was revived and then Luffy beat them all with one move

what's to say? she was thoroughly disappointing vs Diamante. I expect she would be even more useless against Mingo. Based on her previous "fight" I'd assume she will take a step forward only to have a man's arm grab her and pull her back out of harm's way.
Your very cynical. At least she's tried to do something instead of being content to sitting in the background. Unlike Usopp.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2015-05-28, 11:52   Link #32
Blackbeard D. Kuma

The next chapter is probably going to end with Luffy regaining his haki use. So Mingo's defeat will be in 2 more chapters at least, methinks.

I'm sure that without all the innocent citizens in the way, Fujitora could destroy the birdcage. He's preoccupied with the preservation of their safety and well-being, and thus being held back considerably right now.
Old 2015-05-28, 12:03   Link #33
james0246

Quote:
Your very cynical. At least she's tried to do something instead of being content to sitting in the background. Unlike Usopp.
Usopp took down arguably the most powerful executive...twice (and the second time was entirely on purpose ). Without his help the entire crew would have been destroyed before they could even breath in Doffy's general direction.

Usopp has earned his reprieve.
Old 2015-05-28, 12:26   Link #34
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Usopp took down arguably the most powerful executive...twice (and the second time was entirely on purpose ). Without his help the entire crew would have been destroyed before they could even breath in Doffy's general direction.

Usopp has earned his reprieve.
That may be, but to me that was nothing short of Deus Ex Machina. It's complete bullshit that I wont buy.

Old 2015-05-28, 12:37   Link #35
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm sure that without all the innocent citizens in the way, Fujitora could destroy the birdcage. He's preoccupied with the preservation of their safety and well-being, and thus being held back considerably right now.
I think Fujitora could probably beat the Birdcage on his own as well, but he isn't exactly a public safety poster boy. He's been dropping meteors on Dressrosa left and right and even one that got sliced up by the Birdcage that could have easily killed 100s of people.

Quote:
That may be, but to me that was nothing short of Deus Ex Machina. It's complete bullshit that I wont buy.
who's the cynical one?
Old 2015-05-28, 14:09   Link #36
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Unless somebody significant dies in this arc, Luffy won't learn that the cost of his new gear Is too high and that the recoil puts others in danger as well as himself. He seems to honestly believe he can do whatever to himself as long as he wins. Not true.

Hopefully Viola or somebody else will teach him that. Even though I like Viola(way more than her annoying sister) she could be that catalyst that helps Luffy realize just how reckless he really is.
Old 2015-05-28, 14:37   Link #37
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
Unless somebody significant dies in this arc, Luffy won't learn that the cost of his new gear Is too high and that the recoil puts others in danger as well as himself. He seems to honestly believe he can do whatever to himself as long as he wins. Not true.

Hopefully Viola or somebody else will teach him that. Even though I like Viola(way more than her annoying sister) she could be that catalyst that helps Luffy realize just how reckless he really is.
You mean Rebbeca, her Niece?

Old 2015-05-28, 14:56   Link #38
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

^Yes, thank you.
Old 2015-05-28, 15:05   Link #39
james0246

Quote:
First time, sure. That was Oda playing with us as usual (still a damn good joke, though). But the second? That was all Usopp, nothing deus about it...It was also the coolest/most badass moment of the entire arc.

As for Rebecca? I don't know if Oda had other plans for her in the beginning when she was first introduced (kind of like that one shipwright way back in Water 7...Paul?), but she has become a complete failure since then. It doesn't matter if she is "trying" if everything she tries to do has little impact on anything going on around her. Hell, all the gladiators in this chapter are currently "trying" to stop Doffy, and they are all failing, but at least what they are" trying" to do has an actual impact on the events as they are unfolding.

If you want to root for any of the Dressrosa girls, you should root for Viola/Violette, since she has actually contributed to the fights and, I suspect, she was the one who momentarily paused the Birdcage.
Old 2015-05-28, 15:10   Link #40
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Chapter, was decent, gave a nice look at what is going on.
But for GODS SAKE LETS GET THIS OVER WITH!!!!!
Yeah what he/she said.
Closed Thread