AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2015-05-26, 13:49   Link #14501
Gx Hero
Rambler

Are we forgetting Gildarts.

THe candidates I see are Mira, GIldarts, Erza. THen there is the ones we don't even see coming.

The return of Mavis... or perhaps someone we least expect we know nothing about.

The reason I don't think Lauxus won't be is simple he has just left his rebellious phase and doesn't have the same respect as the other potentials. Plus I didn't see him when fairy tail gathered. He is missing.

THe next chapter will either be trying to decide who is going to be the next guild master with Macrov or gildarts returning at the end or it will be right off the back chosing and then deciding how to rebuild.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 15:13   Link #14502
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I didn't forget Glidarts, it's just every time some thing like this is brought up to him he runs off and leaves it in some one else's handsXD

Why can't Natsu be a candidate? I nominate Natsu for Guide Master. He's the heart of the team folks, he's helped them out so many times, Guide members and the Guide itself.

Edit;

Hmm Next arc could be a tournament to find out who the next Guide Master is eh? That'd be intresting. Though I do like the idea of them challenging Gods too next, that one Natsu fought could have been a rookie or some thing? I don't know, I mean it'd be cool if Natsu faced the guy who cursed Zeref like that for an arc.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 15:35   Link #14503
MAX_COLA_POWER!

You forget the last time someone tried to make Gildarts the guild master. He's too much of an awesome wanderer to be guild master.
Old 2015-05-26, 17:30   Link #14504
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
The Fairy Tail of the Dead Meeeeeeeeen omake was printed in the 3/25 issue of Weekly Shounen Magazine. The Fairy Tail of the Dead Meeeeeeeeen anime episode aired 3/28. That's the sort of thing that can only happen by Mashima making the omake, and hanging on to it to give the anime time to produce the episode.
because he asked to the omake be printed in the same week, if you look at animews network you can find the news about it, the omake was originally to be printed one week after, but mashima decided to release it in the same week of the anime because have the anime come first somehow could kill the omake.

the date for the print was to be one week after at last is that what was writing in the animenews.
Old 2015-05-26, 17:52   Link #14505
Axyp

In all seriousness, can't we all just hope for Laxus to be the 7th guild master? Really..Gildarts isn't even in FT most of the time. He's off doing jobs all his life. Like, when was the last time we saw him in either the manga or anime? Mira, please, her personality wouldn't get the guild anywhere. She'd be giving out flowers to her enemies instead. Erza, Gray or Natsu? Mashima isn't that dull to put either one of them in as a candidate for Guildmaster. Especially when they have Zeref and Acnologia on their hands to deal with. Not to mention the world to save. Who else, Lucy? Her time in FT alone isn't even enough to contribute to the guild. She's not even an S-clas to begin with. They need a veteran who at least knows about the guild the most and whats best for them and has been in it for their whole life. Gajeel has a job in the council. So that leaves Laxus. He meets up with all and every expectation including the criteria's that FT needs. I seriously just hope Hiro doesn't asspull someone random. Believe it or not, this upcoming chapter changes the whole aspect of the series. And everything is about to change when that one person becomes in charge of the guild.

Last edited by Axyp; 2015-05-26 at 18:09.
Axyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 20:03   Link #14506
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
because he asked to the omake be printed in the same week, if you look at animews network you can find the news about it, the omake was originally to be printed one week after, but mashima decided to release it in the same week of the anime because have the anime come first somehow could kill the omake.

the date for the print was to be one week after at last is that what was writing in the animenews.
No, it was most certainly not supposed to be printed later. Here's the ANN article announcing they'd be running the same week. Even the early fliers that made their way around tumblr clearly showed that from the beginning they were planned to run the same week.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 02:52   Link #14507
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
You mean the omake that was adapted into an anime episode two months ago, or a genuinely new one?
Oops. haven't watched the anime in a while so wasn't aware
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 04:51   Link #14508
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axyp View Post
In all seriousness, can't we all just hope for Laxus to be the 7th guild master? Really..Gildarts isn't even in FT most of the time. He's off doing jobs all his life. Like, when was the last time we saw him in either the manga or anime? Mira, please, her personality wouldn't get the guild anywhere. She'd be giving out flowers to her enemies instead. Erza, Gray or Natsu? Mashima isn't that dull to put either one of them in as a candidate for Guildmaster. Especially when they have Zeref and Acnologia on their hands to deal with. Not to mention the world to save. Who else, Lucy? Her time in FT alone isn't even enough to contribute to the guild. She's not even an S-clas to begin with. They need a veteran who at least knows about the guild the most and whats best for them and has been in it for their whole life. Gajeel has a job in the council. So that leaves Laxus. He meets up with all and every expectation including the criteria's that FT needs. I seriously just hope Hiro doesn't asspull someone random. Believe it or not, this upcoming chapter changes the whole aspect of the series. And everything is about to change when that one person becomes in charge of the guild.
It could really be many people...it could even be Max, you know, the sand user. He's got a good business going on that helps with the guild's financial issues, he's always been there through FT's hardest times and he is strong enough to ward off mooks.

Laxus, iunno, he's too "redeemed" and he has groupies, same goes for Shadow Gear members, they can't be split up in different roles (except GajeelxLevy). I'd rule out the following:

- Laki, the weird wood user.
- Visiter, the weird dancer.
- Nab, the freeloader who never gets a job.
- Jet/Droy/Levi, explained above.
- The raijinshuu.
- Lisanna, she's as much filler as the 7-year leftovers.
- Asuka, she's a kid!
- Natsu, Gray, Erza, Lucy, Happy. They know jack squat about managing a guild and they are a team, albeit less adamant than the ones mentioned above. Lucy is an odd one but I don't think she'll get it purely for all the shipping moments that she's got ahead of her...would be quite an achievement if she did though.
- Juvia, coz she's a weird water woman :P ...and a stalker.
- Mira, she is a 100% support character, not one to take the lead although she could be offered the position.
- Romeo, he's just a kid...for now.

Makarov, Wakaba, Macao, Kana, Max and Elfman are all fair game, although Makarov will require an arc to trace him and change his mind.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 11:44   Link #14509
Aquaman OS

As people have pointed out, the Guild Master is expected to stay behind to manage paperwork and stuff, and can't partake in functions like the Grand Magic games.

This rules out most of the main characters since the story requires them to still be adventuring and all that. Not that Natsu and Lucy and Gray are master material, but that also rules Erza out.

So really the obvious choices are Laxus or Mira. Makarov isn't coming back anytime soon, Gildartz already passed up being master once, and Macao doesn't want the job again most likely.

Laxus and his crew though, didn't show up with everyone else this chapter. Doranbalt also no showed, which I guess Lucy wouldn't think to contact him since nobody knows he was with FT all along. But I wonder if he'll be joining up or not since all his council buddies are dead.

Also on an unreleated note Lisanna has new hair, and it's Lucy's old pigtail look only not quite as long. I suspect the shippers will interpret something out of that.

Last edited by Aquaman OS; 2015-05-28 at 12:55.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 17:33   Link #14510
Gx Hero
Rambler

I was wondering about the slayer type magic. Igneel said the dragons went inside the dragon slayers to make antibodies so they couldn't change into dragons at all. DOes this mean that Grey will develop a devil form he can shift into and what about the god slayers will they become gods. Also Cobra and Laxus don't have the anti bodies so dose that mean one day they could change into dragons , or perhaps not since they were changed via a lacrama

Old 2015-05-29, 02:01   Link #14511
ayanami0000
Banned

Gildarts won't be the wise choose for my opinion period. Because he doesn't want to be masters.

ayanami0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 02:20   Link #14512
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

It'll go straight back to Makarov XD
Old 2015-05-29, 04:56   Link #14513
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gx Hero View Post
I was wondering about the slayer type magic. Igneel said the dragons went inside the dragon slayers to make antibodies so they couldn't change into dragons at all. Does this mean that Grey will develop a devil form he can shift into and what about the god slayers will they become gods. Also Cobra and Laxus don't have the anti bodies so dose that mean one day they could change into dragons , or perhaps not since they were changed via a lacrama
G2 DS haven't shown signs of transformation so far, they probably won't have to worry for a while. Gray's got the mark and is under treatment for it, so if he leaves it as is, he will probably have another problem to deal with later on. God slayers...iunno, their power hasn't really been tapped into, but I expect Mashima to shed some light on them at some point since he doesn't want to let go of the whole gods idea.
Old 2015-05-29, 09:07   Link #14514
Gx Hero
Rambler

It is just that Gray could have a Devil form during the Tartaros arc the demon gates mention silver showing up in his human form. Imagine Grey suddenly transforming into a devil to protect Juvia.

Also speaking of transformation it would be cool if Lisana could transform into a dragon, I know Elfman's territory, but Mira can do non demon transformations so why not it would be pretty good especially since she loves Natsu.

As for the seventh guildmaster, GUildarts left after being told about the historie thing which apparently is more than we know enough to scare Ivan and a dark secrete to where no one is to know about it. No Guildarts left to contemplate the gravity of that responsibility and because he likes working so much. Out of all of Fairy tail he and the spirit of Mavis are the most suitable to take over as GUildmaster.

I actually wonder, is Mavis still alive somehow in that crystal and her spirit is just wondering somehow?

Old 2015-05-29, 09:43   Link #14515
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gx Hero View Post
I was wondering about the slayer type magic. Igneel said the dragons went inside the dragon slayers to make antibodies so they couldn't change into dragons at all. DOes this mean that Grey will develop a devil form he can shift into and what about the god slayers will they become gods. Also Cobra and Laxus don't have the anti bodies so dose that mean one day they could change into dragons , or perhaps not since they were changed via a lacrama
Godslayers aren't really consistant. At first it seemed Zancrow was far superior to Natsu and was unable to be injured by him but once Natsu figured out how to eat his flames he took him down quickly.

This was then completely forgotten about with the other two. Cheria and Wendy were evenly matched for the most part, even though Cheria should have had a massive advantage and Wendy should have been unable to hurt her unless she ate her dark wind. The only difference was their healing ablities worked a little differently.

And Lightning Godslayer was a joke. He wasn't making headway against Laxus before Jura stomped him, who was in turn beaten rather easily by Laxus.

And then both of them were just as ineffective against actual dragons as all the other non Dragonslayers, even though Godslayer magic was supposedly meant to fight against gods who are stronger than Dragons.

Devilslayer also seems better than Dragonslayer, with Silver's ice being unmeltable by Natsu and he easily one shotted him, but it remains to be seen how this will hold up.

Godslayer also seems to be entirely drawback free, unlike Dragonslayer giving you a crippling motion sickness and turning you into a dragon, and Devilslayer turning you into a demon unless you get treatment.
Old 2015-05-29, 11:12   Link #14516
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

I don't see why Mira couldn't be guild master. Sure, she's a pacifist, but being master could change that. After all she used to be tough.

Unless Laxus returns next chapter, my vote is on her.

Lucy has a chance but NOPE, no thanks. Even if this manga is over I don't see her ending up as master. Sure she's got heart (and a lot of it, she freaking cries a lot), but she needs to be tougher.

Aside from Lucy and the rest of the main team (who can't always be stuck in the guild), anyone can be master. They may not look it now but once they take up the role they're going to change and become master material in some way. Think Macao.

So no surprise if we get someone unexpected next chapter.

(Still think Mira's a very strong candidate)
Old 2015-05-29, 15:24   Link #14517
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
G2 DS haven't shown signs of transformation so far, they probably won't have to worry for a while. Gray's got the mark and is under treatment for it, so if he leaves it as is, he will probably have another problem to deal with later on. God slayers...iunno, their power hasn't really been tapped into, but I expect Mashima to shed some light on them at some point since he doesn't want to let go of the whole gods idea.
You're not the first person I've seen say that Laxus and Cobra will be fine. I'm guessing all the people saying that the lacrima DS will be fine have forgotten this page of Cobra revealing he was a dragon slayer:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Granted, he didn't look like that when fighting the dragons:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

but it's not all that difficult to come up with possible reasons for the discrepancy other than retcons or art inconsistency.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 16:26   Link #14518
Kafriel
Senior Guest

G1 and G3 DS have shown the capability to wield dragon force and dragon drive respectively. Now, while the G2 are undoubtedly powerful, they've had no progress so far; Laxus has always been a powerhouse, enough to overshadow Orga (who was as strong as 10 rune squad captains, going by the MPF) and Cobra's ability is just broken. This is probably why they are safe, because they'll never really need more power - Mashima can simply come up with reasons for them to not participate in a fight, be it prison time or traveling around (Gildarts anyone?).
Old 2015-05-29, 21:07   Link #14519
Aquaman OS

When Laxus and Cobra first revealed their DS abilities (initially Laxus just used regular lightning magic and Cobra used his hearing tricks) they went Dragon Force, and it was implies they had to to use their abilities at all.

This was dropped in their later appearances, except for Cobra in the anime filler arc where he still had the scaly arm when he used his DS attacks. That took place before he reappeared in the manga, though.
Old 2015-05-29, 21:27   Link #14520
3DChaos

Plot Twist: Cobra and Laxus turn into lacrimas.
3DChaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen