AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-05-30, 11:53   Link #2221
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Forum rule change, so can't really translate too much plus I'm working on my stuffs. But I guess the forum doesn't mind if I only translate this dialogue piece.

Spoiler for chapter 31:

Guess that's the gist of the chapter.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2015-05-30 at 12:42. Reason: Derped badly on one part, fixed now. Edit 2: found out another derp, shouldn't write up too fast...
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 13:12   Link #2222
amtro
Distro

Spoiler for 31 Hinami:
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 16:34   Link #2223
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Spoiler for 31 Hinami:
Spoiler for hinami speculation:
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 16:46   Link #2224
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

i'm in a middle of reading "holyland" manga.
pretty similar to TG without ghoul and super power, but with martial arts and thug life
personality of MC pretty similar to kaneki and his character development as well

just recomending things, take some of your time to read it
Old 2015-05-30, 18:55   Link #2225
LG-MAX 2.o

I've read it two years ago, an incredible manga, it's a shame that after the author never managed to place another success.

I read the complete summary

Spoiler for spoiler:

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW W

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2015-05-30 at 19:39.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 10:21   Link #2226
Nicaea

S-S-Shotaneki o.o

Ahem, looks like a lot is going to happen in this chapter. Too bad Akira didn't meet Amon, but having met Takizawa and a prospective meeting with Hinami, things are about to get interesting for her. I really wonder how she will develop during this.

Arima suspecting Haise, does that mean we can safely say that Haise's position will be in jeopardy soon? While I'm interested in seeing him leave CCG, Haise doesn't have enough allies to make it out there and his students are pretty troublesome. I'd prefer for the plot to conveniently wait until his fledglings are a bit more grown up (though that could take too long).

Kuroiwa Jr. the newest champion of CCG? Urie will see red as soon as he'll hear about Kuroiwa Jr.'s exploits.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 17:12   Link #2227
LG-MAX 2.o

chapter out

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2015-05-31 at 17:24.
Old 2015-05-31, 19:10   Link #2228
coded321
He Who Games

my only small issue with how this arc ended was
Spoiler for arc end:

otherwise great chapter
Old 2015-05-31, 19:26   Link #2229
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
my only small issue with how this arc ended was
Spoiler for arc end:

otherwise great chapter
well, it would be illogical since Shironeki / Kaneki could not defeat even a Ghoul SS, then would not make sense defeat Seidou which is a SS~, and Sasaneki also was not centipede mode.
Old 2015-05-31, 20:34   Link #2230
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
I was actually surprised that it ended up pretty much a double KO without kaneki going centipede. I mean, Takizawa was stronger than Kaneki as a human (second only to Akira in his class), had arguably a better source of ghoul implanted to him (Owl vs Binge eater), probably spent a longer time as a ghoul, and practiced cannibalism as well since he has a kakuja.

Overall, it's a pretty good arc, but I really, really hope Touka gets involved the next one. She's been pretty much irrelevant half way through the original Tokyo Ghoul. Well, I would really like to see the anteiku characters become more than just a couple of nostalgic panels in a chapter.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 20:42   Link #2231
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
well, it would be illogical since Shironeki / Kaneki could not defeat even a Ghoul SS, then would not make sense defeat Seidou which is a SS~, and Sasaneki also was not centipede mode.
didn't he defeat ayato? also he was able to fight on par with shachi the second time. as far as i can tell, the only opponents that were able to fight on par with shironeki had to at least be ss rated ghouls. i'm just one of those fans who loved it when shironeki wrecked his opponents, both physically and mentally, best examples being the fights with ayato or yamori. that's one of the reasons why i want to see him back so much.
Old 2015-05-31, 20:43   Link #2232
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
didn't he defeat ayato? also he was able to fight on par with shachi the second time. as far as i can tell, the only opponents that were able to fight on par with shironeki had to at least be ss rated ghouls.
Ayato is a SS now, not in prequel, Furthermore do not forget that Takizawa is at a higher level than the SS, between SS and SSS.
Old 2015-05-31, 20:49   Link #2233
Raviel

Man, the manga has been on a roll these past few weeks, the last few chapters have just been so good.

Anyway.......do you guys think Arima just let Sasaneki get away with Hinami?

I'm under the impression he's being oddly lenient with Sasaneki because what happened with Hinami in this chapter struck me as similar to what he did to Kaneki at the end of the first manga.

I mean Arima isn't an idiot and when you take into account that he probably has knows about most of Kaneki's background at this point, I ca't help but feel he's doing all this on purpose.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 21:00   Link #2234
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Man, the manga has been on a roll these past few weeks, the last few chapters have just been so good.

Anyway.......do you guys think Arima just let Sasaneki get away with Hinami?

I'm under the impression he's being oddly lenient with Sasaneki because what happened with Hinami in this chapter struck me as similar to what he did to Kaneki at the end of the first manga.

I mean Arima isn't an idiot and when you take into account that he probably has knows about most of Kaneki's background at this point, I ca't help but feel he's doing all this on purpose.
considering that he didn't kill kaneki in the first place and instead turned him into a ghoul investigator, he most likely has his own agenda of some sort. though despite his many abilities, he isn't omnipotent.
Old 2015-05-31, 22:49   Link #2235
Tormenk

Floppy/Amon might have a good chance of busting Hinami out if she's kept anywhere else then Cochlea. She's likely his inside source on Aogiri movement and plus the longer she stays at CCG the worse off she will likely end up. Another key figure to rouse up Sasaki at any rate if that happens.

Anyone thinks Floppy might be a failed Owl? Might explain his escape since Aogiri would have no incentive to chase after a failure or simply left for dead. The bigger clue is Hinami's statement about Takizawa being the successful case so there should be failed cases as well.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 23:30   Link #2236
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Floppy/Amon might have a good chance of busting Hinami out if she's kept anywhere else then Cochlea. She's likely his inside source on Aogiri movement and plus the longer she stays at CCG the worse off she will likely end up. Another key figure to rouse up Sasaki at any rate if that happens.

Anyone thinks Floppy might be a failed Owl? Might explain his escape since Aogiri would have no incentive to chase after a failure or simply left for dead. The bigger clue is Hinami's statement about Takizawa being the successful case so there should be failed cases as well.
But aren't the failed cases the ones that turn into those large mindless things? Amon sure looks like he's still in full control of himself (or at least I hope so).

Unless of course Kanou has improved the process and now failure no longer means you'll you'll turn into large mindless blob of flesh.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 00:55   Link #2237
TurquoiseThyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Yes I think that Amon/Floppy is a failed Owl experiment. I just wonder how he failed. It can't be because he didn't join Aogiri, Ken is considered a success and he didn't join.

Amon was wearing the remnants of Arata armor when he was captured, could Amon have ended up with an Owl/Arata combo kagune? Maybe that would disqualify him from being considered a purely Owl experiment?

He's not a large mindless blob of flesh, as Raviel pointed out, but maybe he can't put his kagune away? Maybe that's why half of his face is covered, and he is wearing long concealing robes?

I think Floppy is targeting Aogiri specifically because he/they was/were victims of their experiments.

I don't know if we will find out more about the Floppies in the next arc, since it will probably focus on Shuu. Unless, Shuu's Dad decides that artificial one-eyed ghouls are what's for dinner.

This chapter made me worry about Hide (I have always assumed that with no body he was alive). If Takizawa ate his Mom then for Ken to have similar experiences he would have had to eat Hide
TurquoiseThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 01:12   Link #2238
Tormenk

I forgot about the actual failures from Kanou's lab but I forgot to mention a yardstick for failure in the case of Owl subjects as well. One possibility is the kagune implant succeeded but he lacks compatibility and can't manifest his kagune well, like Banjou. If they were aiming for at least Kaneki's level of aptitude then the example I just mentioned would certainly be a failure.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 02:23   Link #2239
The One Above God
Kamijou

Arima probably let Hinami be in Sasaki's care 'cause he knows he can wreck them both anytime .

Joking aside, that was a really great chapter. Sasaki and Seidou's fight, Sasaki's internal struggle and realization with Kaneki, the aftermath of the operation, and everything else was great. Let's just hope he slowly gets his memories back from now on.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 05:58   Link #2240
LG-MAX 2.o

It seems like Takizawa actually did eat his parents. A guy from Batoto translated his ramblings from first page.

"おれがたべたおかあちゃんのないぞう"
"俺が食べたお母ちゃんの内臓"
"I ate Mom's intestines."

Tags
action, comedy, drama, gore, modern fantasy, sci-fi, seinen, tragedy