Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-06-03, 15:37   Link #7081
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salva View Post
. It kinda hit me today why he's so polite around Haruno. I logically understood the principle, I just didn't feel it. When today I was asked by my (older by 50 years) friend to call her by her name I suddenly understood Hikigaya's reluctance… So it still pisses me of but makes much more sense.
It's partly that she is older than him, but the main reason is that he couldn't figure her out and how to behave. The lack of understanding makes her scary in his eyes because he can't grasp her real intentions or what she is thinking. Plus the mask of fake friendliness. Haruno is like a Sword of Damocles dangling over his head.

Now, contrast that to how he behaves with Shizuka.

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 16:51   Link #7082
RioFoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
If by mature, you mean more civilized, I guess I can agree with that. Quality of discussion is far higher in the former, though. The only problem is how volatile the threads are. Think the Battles of Lexington and Concord, .

That said, going way off topic here.
That might honestly just be because of wordpress's style. 'A certain magical imageboard' has more people who talk about it constantly than the story comments. I think part of that is because it appears to be meant as comments, and people don't frequently check the blog to reply. Might I recommend that, possibly, adding a dedicated discussion zone on the blog might help?

That way people would have a place that appears more for discussion that commentary...

Not sure if wordpress can handle that. But you're right, we're getting off topic. Then again, there's not much topic to begin with right now, the wait until Volume 11 is severe.
RioFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 17:16   Link #7083
Cinnamon

One of the main reasons why I like this series is due to its fresh retake on character development in a rom-com setting. While there are som rom-com starring social outcasts, this one stands out, mostly due to 8man.
He's like an amalgamation of traits of stereotypical social outcasts, the awkward and weird underdog who you just want to cheer on. Yet he feels like a fresh character, mostly because he is set as the main character while in some other media, he would have gotten the same position as Saki in the anime.

His monologues, his way of explaining, convincing himself of his methods and motives are some of the most interesting parts of the novel for me. As for the romance, it's very fun to read about, but after that, you really starts to analyze each character, their spoken lines, their motivations and their relationships, yeah, in short, trying to look for ammunition in shipping wars xD
The interesting parts here is that there are so much subtleness that it becomes a study of the characters psychology instead, which I'd love to discuss more, but I agree, it definitely does not make your blood boil like a fierce shipping war
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 19:21   Link #7084
endarion88

meh after the shit aldnoah zero pulled on me i will probably never ship anything again
Old 2015-06-03, 21:17   Link #7085
ShirayukiX
betwixt and between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
One of the main reasons why I like this series is due to its fresh retake on character development in a rom-com setting. While there are som rom-com starring social outcasts, this one stands out, mostly due to 8man.
He's like an amalgamation of traits of stereotypical social outcasts, the awkward and weird underdog who you just want to cheer on. Yet he feels like a fresh character, mostly because he is set as the main character while in some other media, he would have gotten the same position as Saki in the anime.

His monologues, his way of explaining, convincing himself of his methods and motives are some of the most interesting parts of the novel for me. As for the romance, it's very fun to read about, but after that, you really starts to analyze each character, their spoken lines, their motivations and their relationships, yeah, in short, trying to look for ammunition in shipping wars xD
The interesting parts here is that there are so much subtleness that it becomes a study of the characters psychology instead, which I'd love to discuss more, but I agree, it definitely does not make your blood boil like a fierce shipping war
Only time will tell when we find out the pairing; but anyways, I do agree with you. Honestly, there's a lot of examples people could use to justify who Hachiman will end up with, but we just don't really know. I do have a feeling that volume 11 will begin to bring the Service club closer together intimacy wise, and it probably won't be until vol 12 or 13 that we might get the answer - assuming it lasts for that long.
Old 2015-06-04, 02:16   Link #7086
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

Looks like we'll get the train scene with Iroha this episode!
Spoiler for "I also want something genuine:
YumeNoMonogatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 10:38   Link #7087
IndexOfIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
meh after the shit aldnoah zero pulled on me i will probably never ship anything again
And here i thought there will be inaho xprincess ending

Mahouka, Overlord, Arifureta, Ark, LMS, SHieldBro

PM me if u can recommend me to some good light novel that are already fan translated thank u
IndexOfIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 12:17   Link #7088
Excorsism

I guess that's one way of handling the memorandums and that's having the relevant characters read them out indiscriminately. Though it definitely does narrow it down to four people: Haruno, Yukino, Hayama, and Hachiman.

Yes, they kept in the Komachi and Yukino insult, based.
Old 2015-06-04, 12:25   Link #7089
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Apparently Feel is going to finish volume 10 next week, something bad is going to happen on the adaptation.
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 12:50   Link #7090
Emballage

Most interesting thing this episode is definitely the PV, or at least until we figure out whether the memoranda the PV lines are from relates to the character that spoke them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondSageClark View Post
Apparently Feel is going to finish volume 10 next week, something bad is going to happen on the adaptation.
Is there a source for this? That would be quite alarming if it is true.
Emballage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 12:50   Link #7091
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

Keiko got screentime... Yatta! insta 10/10

Spoiler:
YumeNoMonogatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 12:55   Link #7092
Cinnamon

Feeling the rush, heh?
Wonder what we are getting for the final episodes at this pace.
Old 2015-06-04, 13:06   Link #7093
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Some people is talking about original ending, I hope that doesn't happen.
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 13:40   Link #7094
Legendzerox

As bad as it sounds, it might adapt the whole light novel series albeit very rushed.
Legendzerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 13:40   Link #7095
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndexOfIdeas View Post
And here i thought there will be inaho xprincess ending
well i knew that was not gonna happen so that was not really my problem, the problem was the marriage with a random third guy wich had less than 10 minutes of screen times.......

so yeah now i don't hold hope in love triangles anymore, this time i'm ready to recive the fist even in the case of the yukino x the blunde guy wich i always forget the name actualy happen
Old 2015-06-04, 13:44   Link #7096
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Direction and flow wise, this is was the messiest episode so far.

Important talks dropped, going through events with just background music.
Some nice scenes though.

Well, what can you do... sigh.

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
Old 2015-06-04, 13:50   Link #7097
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
Direction and flow wise, this is was the messiest episode so far.

Important talks dropped, going through events with just background music.
Some nice scenes though.

Well, what can you do... sigh.
I get the feeling they might add volume 11 stuff near the end.

Also, not too fond of the new game/VN announcement, though I'll probably end up buying it anyway, .
Old 2015-06-04, 13:58   Link #7098
Cinnamon

Another game? Ah my wallet

If they really do some Vol 11, they may even animate the whole volume with the first part airing on the day the volume releases. How I dislike simultaneous novel/anime releases, they are always rushed to the end.

Anyway, after watching Shirobako, I think I understand more their reasons for rushing so much though.
Old 2015-06-04, 14:01   Link #7099
megaroad1

Ugh. I cannot believe that they rushed things so bad, that they needed not one but TWO montages. Are you kidding me?

What's the rush? They can easily do episode 10 in 3 chapters.

At least we got to see Keika. And the Yukino/Hachiman scene in the subway was kept intact.
Old 2015-06-04, 14:06   Link #7100
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
I get the feeling they might add volume 11 stuff near the end.

Also, not too fond of the new game/VN announcement, though I'll probably end up buying it anyway, .
Good God, I hope they don't do that. That would be a jumping the shark finale.

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck