AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-21, 09:50   Link #3621
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Tatsuya's efforts and achievements uncovered a second possibility. Maya is perfectly okay with the world continuing to exist under the whims of Tatsuya. What the other clan heads fear she welcomes with open arms.
He has the power to move the world and to Maya that is just fine.
Thats all assuming that Tatsuya is just going to meekly obey. Don't forget Tatsuya doesn't need the Yotsuba's permission to stay with Miyuki. Tatsuya likes Miyuki, Fumiya, and Ayako and thats it. The rest of the Yotsuba can burn for all he cares. I am interested to see what he does with his new position but i seriously doubt that it's going to make the Yotsuba happy.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 10:00   Link #3622
maypayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
World destruction if Miyuki dies or Tatsuya protecting her forever. He will destroy the world if she dies, but he won't necesarily protect her forever, that's why she wants to marry them. Tatsuya would have left and lived his life separated from her if someone else was chosen as her fiancée, Miyuki would have relieved Tatsuya from his Guardian status and Minami would have stayed as her Guardian. That's another reason why Miyuki feared marriage, she doesn't want to live separated from him(monologue from volume 11).
To be honest you're letting me down here. After reading all those volumes did you really expect Tatsuya to leave Miyuki side? Really??????

I can understand someone that just watched the anime and not read the novel but not coming from you because I know you've been reading this since volume 1.

Quote:
If Miyuki marries someone else, the siblings live separated and Tatsuya is not her Guardian anymore. Yes, he would do anything possible to protect her if she is in danger as a brother but he loses that responsibility, he can only efficiently protect her from all dangers if they keep that close relationship.

And you call these plans. I really fail to see where the plans you referring too. Maya said she didn’t care either way, but just for argument sake; wouldn’t it have been easier for Maya to realize one of her wish by finding someone else to be Miyuki’s Husband? This way being apart from Tatsuya will make it easier to have something happen to her.

Everything you’ve stated above, Tatsuya has been doing it since volume 1 and we even had the chance to see what would happen if she happened to die in volume 8. To be honest I don’t see anything new here and for you to be calling them plans is really disappointing.

Tatsuya is not a normal magician because if he was they wouldn't have created Miyuki for him in the first place. So no, there is no one else that can be with him and it is just as simple as that.

This guy is a monster, you have a all clan scared of him and the said clan that most magicians are afraid of and you're still saying that he can be with anyone.

Last edited by maypayne; 2015-06-21 at 11:11.
maypayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 10:22   Link #3623
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
Thats all assuming that Tatsuya is just going to meekly obey. Don't forget Tatsuya doesn't need the Yotsuba's permission to stay with Miyuki. Tatsuya likes Miyuki, Fumiya, and Ayako and thats it. The rest of the Yotsuba can burn for all he cares. I am interested to see what he does with his new position but i seriously doubt that it's going to make the Yotsuba happy.
No you don't understand. As long as Tatsuya continues with what he has been doing until now that will be the inevitable outcome. When ESCAPES goes public everything is going to change for magicians and at the center of everyone's attention will be Tatsuya and by extension the Yotsuba family. This is precisely what Maya wants. Tatsuya's wishes coincide with Maya's own, his objectives do not clash with hers at all. If anything she's an ally, albeit a crazy one. He does not have a choice any more, the public knows that he's Yotsuba.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 10:37   Link #3624
hiddensurvivor

Quote:
World destruction if Miyuki dies or Tatsuya protecting her forever. He will destroy the world if she dies, but he won't necesarily protect her forever, that's why she wants to marry them. Tatsuya would have left and lived his life separated from her if someone else was chosen as her fiancée, Miyuki would have relieved Tatsuya from his Guardian status and Minami would have stayed as her Guardian. That's another reason why Miyuki feared marriage, she doesn't want to live separated from him(monologue from volume 11). If Miyuki marries someone else, the siblings live separated and Tatsuya is not her Guardian anymore. Yes, he would do anything possible to protect her if she is in danger as a brother but he loses that responsibility, he can only efficiently protect her from all dangers if they keep that close relationship.
I disagree. In vol. 16, the Branch Heads planned to delay Miyuki's from being officially announced as the Yotsuba's heir because they wantedmore time to come up with plans to separate Miyuki and Tatsuya.They were afraid they once Miyuki became the official heir, it would be impossible to separate the two (while believing that Tatsuya won't be her fiancé). This means that whether Tatsuya becomes Miyuki's fiance or not, he will still be by her side.

Even if Tatsuya were to be relief of his guardian duty, he'd still be around and protecting Miyuki all the same because Miyuki is his everything. He won't just leave and say to Miyuki "oh, you have a fiance so you don't need me anymore." For him, those with just the thoughts of harming Miyuki will feel his wrath. He won't be able to bear it not knowing Miyuki is safe at most of the time. That's how he was designed to be. As he have said it, he needs Miyuki more than Miyuki needs him. Even if Miyuki were to hate him and push him away, he would still wanted to be by her side protecting her, let alone her having a fiance.

Thus, it doesn't matter whether Tatsuya is Miyuki's fiance or not, he will still stay by her side protecting and the world will still be destroyed if she gets killed. But as Miyuki's fiance, he can legitimately be by her side at all time, anywhere and help produce what could possible be the ultimate heir for the Yotsuba.
hiddensurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 10:41   Link #3625
millie10468

Quote:
World destruction if Miyuki dies or Tatsuya protecting her forever. He will destroy the world if she dies, but he won't necesarily protect her forever, that's why she wants to marry them. Tatsuya would have left and lived his life separated from her if someone else was chosen as her fiancée, Miyuki would have relieved Tatsuya from his Guardian status and Minami would have stayed as her Guardian. That's another reason why Miyuki feared marriage, she doesn't want to live separated from him(monologue from volume 11). If Miyuki marries someone else, the siblings live separated and Tatsuya is not her Guardian anymore. Yes, he would do anything possible to protect her if she is in danger as a brother but he loses that responsibility, he can only efficiently protect her from all dangers if they keep that close relationship.

Whut? That can't be right, I don't think.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 10:53   Link #3626
amtro
Distro

It isn't, he's getting desperate. Tatsuya never had any intentions of leaving Miyuki. Only if Miyuki herself had desired it and then he'd still find a way to keep an eye on her at all times.
Old 2015-06-21, 10:59   Link #3627
CoolCat

Miyuki would never marry anyone else and she would never have to. Tatsuya would stop it because she would be unhappy and he just can't have Miyuki unhappy. If they tried to make Miyuki marry anyone else Tatsuya would wipe out the whole clan. They know that. The original plot was him protecting their peaceful together even if he had to go againt the Yotsuba
CoolCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 12:57   Link #3628
Aciald

Quote:
No you don't understand. As long as Tatsuya continues with what he has been doing until now that will be the inevitable outcome. When ESCAPES goes public everything is going to change for magicians and at the center of everyone's attention will be Tatsuya and by extension the Yotsuba family. This is precisely what Maya wants. Tatsuya's wishes coincide with Maya's own, his objectives do not clash with hers at all. If anything she's an ally, albeit a crazy one. He does not have a choice any more, the public knows that he's Yotsuba.
Maya wants Tatsuya to either destroy the world or conquer it. Tatsuya's goals are to improve the social position of mages, and to free himself and Miyuki from Yotsuba control. Their goals could not be more opposite.
Old 2015-06-21, 13:22   Link #3629
amtro
Distro

She said nothing about conquering it. She said that she found it ironically acceptable that the cruel world which took everything from her will have to bend over for Tatsuya. The change Tatsuya is bringing cannot be stopped, it began over 10 volumes ago, no before the LN even began with Tatsuya realizing loop-cast. The mahouka-verse is at the mercy of Tatsuya's whims in multiple ways. Refer to the narration at the end of vol 7. It narrates the story in past tense, meaning that after Scorched Halloween the world cannot be the same as it was ever again. Things have just continued to snowball since then.
Old 2015-06-21, 13:42   Link #3630
Aciald

Quote:
She said nothing about conquering it. She said that she found it ironically acceptable that the cruel world which took everything from her will have to bend over for Tatsuya. The change Tatsuya is bringing cannot be stopped, it began over 10 volumes ago, no before the LN even began with Tatsuya realizing loop-cast. The mahouka-verse is at the mercy of Tatsuya's whims in multiple ways. Refer to the narration at the end of vol 7. It narrates the story in past tense, meaning that after Scorched Halloween the world cannot be the same as it was ever again. Things have just continued to snowball since then.
Oh for... by that standard whether Tatsuya sits on a throne of skulls or starts a kelp farm it's all part of Maya's plan.
Old 2015-06-21, 13:44   Link #3631
amtro
Distro

Starting a kelp farm won't have as much of an impact as revolutionizing energy production, increasing magician status in society in the process, or giving his country and its allies a great military advantage.
Old 2015-06-21, 13:49   Link #3632
black_cat1

Quote:
Yeah, it's kind like you said. Maya's goal is to have the fate of the world forever under pressure from Tatsuya. She said that if Tatsuya protects Miyuki from the evil of the world, then her revenge will be satisfied by seeing that cruel world which destroyed her life be under the mercy of Tatsuya. (Tat's comment:"You're crazy, auntie!")
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 13:56   Link #3633
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
Yeah, it's kind like you said. Maya's goal is to have the fate of the world forever under pressure from Tatsuya. She said that if Tatsuya protects Miyuki from the evil of the world, then her revenge will be satisfied by seeing that cruel world which destroyed her life be under the mercy of Tatsuya. (Tat's comment:"You're crazy, auntie!")
Yup and somehow your crazy is being translated as thats awesome i will do everything you tell me to with no complaint.

Tatsuya saying your crazy means he disagrees with Maya's goals.
Old 2015-06-21, 14:17   Link #3634
black_cat1

Well, we can say that Maya's goal was already achieved as the world will be forever under the mercy of Tatsuya, even if he doesn't have any intention to destroy the world, he still has the ability to do that. And yes, Maya is truly crazy or mentally ill.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 14:17   Link #3635
amtro
Distro

He doesn't disagree with Maya's goals, he just thinks she's fucking nuts. She started rambling on about her sister childishly and cackling like a lunatic when Tatsuya called her out.
He's justified, Maya is crazy. That doesn't mean that he's going to go OUT OF HIS WAY TO SABOTAGE HIMSELF so that Maya's plan absolutely won't come to fruition.
Whatever he does now Maya has already won.
In order to ruin Maya's plans he will have to:

- Leave the Yotsuba and tell Miyuki to go screw herself
- Not go insane the moment Miyuki dies
- Go back in time and kill himself before Okinawa and before inventing anything

None of this is possible to him. He works as hard as he does so that magicians will not be seen purely as weapons in society and it is for the sake of Miyuki and her future family. He cannot stop doing these things and Maya knows. So no matter what he does, he's dancing in Maya's palm. Even when he looks at Miyuki affectionately he is Maya's puppet. He is at least partially aware of the fact that his love for Miyuki is abnormal.

Last edited by amtro; 2015-06-21 at 14:27.
Old 2015-06-21, 15:34   Link #3636
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by maypayne View Post
To be honest you're letting me down here. After reading all those volumes did you really expect Tatsuya to leave Miyuki side? Really??????

I can understand someone that just watched the anime and not read the novel but not coming from you because I know you've been reading this since volume 1.
This is exactly why I cited the monologue. You are telling me that if Miyuki marries someone else, Tatsuya will decide to live with them? He has his own life, they do spend a lot of time together but unlike Miyuki, Tatsuya doesn't feel the need to stick to her like glue, he doesn't even need her love. It was like that years ago and it's still the case, when they are not together Miyuki is the one who is sulking, Tatsuya can support being far away from her as long as she's in good condition, that's why she played dumb when she was with him at times.

Quote:
And you call these plans. I really fail to see where the plans you referring too. Maya said she didn’t care either way, but just for argument sake; wouldn’t it have been easier for Maya to realize one of her wish by finding someone else to be Miyuki’s Husband? This way being apart from Tatsuya will make it easier to have something happen to her.

Everything you’ve stated above, Tatsuya has been doing it since volume 1 and we even had the chance to see what would happen if she happened to die in volume 8. To be honest I don’t see anything new here and for you to be calling them plans is really disappointing.

Tatsuya is not a normal magician because if he was they wouldn't have created Miyuki for him in the first place. So no, there is no one else that can be with him and it is just as simple as that.

This guy is a monster, you have a all clan scared of him and the said clan that most magicians are afraid of and you're still saying that he can be with anyone.
You mean try to kill Miyuki? The future heir of the clan and favorite? If she wanted this he would have killed Miyuki just after Tatsuya mastered MB, and she was still stronger than him back then. Not being married to Tatsuya doesn't mean death, it means losing Miyuki's support, . Tatsuya loses his Guardian role and lives his own life. I didn't try to add anything new at all and I know how dangerous he is.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 15:49   Link #3637
amtro
Distro

Quote:
This is exactly why I cited the monologue. You are telling me that if Miyuki marries someone else, Tatsuya will decide to live with them? He has his own life, they do spend a lot of time together but unlike Miyuki, Tatsuya doesn't feel the need to stick to her like glue, he doesn't even need her love. It was like that years ago and it's still the case, when they are not together Miyuki is the one who is sulking, Tatsuya can support being far away from her as long as she's in good condition, that's why she played dumb when she was with him at times.
No, but Miyuki would still seek out as much contact as she can get and Tatsuya would still keep an eye on her and keep her safe. Refer to Miyuki's "dialogue" this time.
Old 2015-06-21, 16:29   Link #3638
Echizen777

Quote:
No, but Miyuki would still seek out as much contact as she can get and Tatsuya would still keep an eye on her and keep her safe. Refer to Miyuki's "dialogue" this time.
Keep an eye on her of course but Miyuki would not have a lot of time to visit him all the time, and in such a situation she'd have to restrain herself at times, there's also the work as Yotsuba head etc. That's a girl who can fall into depression whenever she is not with him, way too spoiled. Basically, with another fiancé and a marriage, Tatsuya would have more time for himself, he'd still be willing to help in any occasion but it would not be the same as before considering their situation.Miyuki is a girl who abhors relationship with any other male and refuse to be more independent because of him, so what Maya did was a great move.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 17:14   Link #3639
amtro
Distro

I'm confused here, just a couple of posts ago you were saying that Tatsuya was staunchly agains this engagement and would not do as Maya told him to. Yet here you are praising Maya and acknowledging that Miyuki will never accept any other man.

I thought you were one of those crazy Erika fans who thinks she has a snowball's prayer in hell after vol 11.
Old 2015-06-21, 18:20   Link #3640
Aciald

Quote:
He doesn't disagree with Maya's goals, he just thinks she's fucking nuts. She started rambling on about her sister childishly and cackling like a lunatic when Tatsuya called her out.
He's justified, Maya is crazy. That doesn't mean that he's going to go OUT OF HIS WAY TO SABOTAGE HIMSELF so that Maya's plan absolutely won't come to fruition.
Whatever he does now Maya has already won.
In order to ruin Maya's plans he will have to:

- Leave the Yotsuba and tell Miyuki to go screw herself
- Not go insane the moment Miyuki dies
- Go back in time and kill himself before Okinawa and before inventing anything

None of this is possible to him. He works as hard as he does so that magicians will not be seen purely as weapons in society and it is for the sake of Miyuki and her future family. He cannot stop doing these things and Maya knows. So no matter what he does, he's dancing in Maya's palm. Even when he looks at Miyuki affectionately he is Maya's puppet. He is at least partially aware of the fact that his love for Miyuki is abnormal.
Why are you under the impression that if Tatsuya opposes the Yotsuba or Maya he will be separated from Miyuki? No matter what tatsuya does Miyuki is still going to be right beside him. Miyuki has even said she will back him if he does so. Telling the yotsuba and Maya to get bent is not sabotaging anything. It's separating himself and Miyuki from a bunch of psychopaths that collectively either want to kill tatsuya or destroy the world.

I don't expect tatsuya to go on a killing spree but i also don't expect him to do what the Yotsuba or maya want.

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy