AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2015-06-14, 14:51   Link #21
BPD Renegade

I can't really point out a specific year, but I got into anime/manga/LNs sometime in the 1990s. I recall Pokemon, Yugioh, Digimon, and the like coming in to replace shows like Animaniacs, Batman: TAS, etc. but they never really came off as anime.

The concept of anime only really became it's own thing to me once Yu Yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin started airing on Toonami. Those two, plus Inuyasha, pretty much turned made me love anime.

Around 2003 or 2004, I picked up a copy of Shonen Jump, and from there, became more of a manga-phile, getting into Death Note, Gintama, Naruto, Bleach, and similar titles around those couple years. I pretty much stuck with them and added a few more titles here and there for the next decade, while only watching a few shows like Gundam 00, One Piece, Zatch Bell, etc. that aired on TV.

Heavy anime watching only started these past few years, maybe around 2011. Even then, I never broke out of my preferred genre of action, adventure, shonen-oriented works until joining animesuki. Now, I find myself watching any random crap at times.

Ah, but I'll never forget those weekends desperately checking animesuki for the screenshots of the newest Gundam 00 episode or waiting for someone to post a summary for desperate soul with crappy internet connection. We have definitely come a long way in terms of accessibility.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 15:27   Link #22
Moka_37

Sometime between 2006-2007 I became an anime fan. Before then i would enjoy watching it on my tv when it came on and if you count that then it would be somewhere around 2000.
Moka_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 16:50   Link #23
sunchips18
shinobi of darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardFromMarple View Post
I've heard of Joshiraku (but not seen or read it) mostly because it's by Koji Kumeta who also wrote & drew Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei, which was the first anime I got into in a big was as an adult, even though it's quite an obscure series.

I do have the 1st volume of the manga, but the anime has never had an official release outside of Japan & South Korea, though fansubs exist.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ZetsubouSensei

This lead me into getting interested in Maria Holic, also by Studio Shaft & set in a school, but at least that was available on DVD & now dubbed (I was just too late for that!)
It seems that we had the exact opposite situation. Haha I have heard of Zetsubou-sensei, but I haven't watched it because I simply just haven't gotten around to it. I do plan on watching it eventually. Actually, since I recently finished Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, I now have a new slot for another series. This just might be the time to start it!