Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2015-06-19, 00:21   Link #2641
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
So apparently for Watanagashi, there are new themes to download (including a questionable Rena & Satoko one). Though look who's on the announcement image.

DLCDLCDLCDLCDLCDLC

But they'll probably wait until Hou is less relevant. Gotta sell those copies.
Old 2015-06-19, 08:45   Link #2642
GrAVit

Quote:
So apparently for Watanagashi, there are new themes to download (including a questionable Rena & Satoko one). Though look who's on the announcement image.

That's awesome! Though what the heck is up with that Satoko & Rena image? lol
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 09:26   Link #2643
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
What, you mean you've never hung out with your friend while your bathing suits were peeling off? Then, I'm sorry to say, you've never experienced true friendship.
Old 2015-06-19, 09:44   Link #2644
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
What, you mean you've never hung out with your friend while your bathing suits were peeling off? Then, I'm sorry to say, you've never experienced true friendship.
That might be hard to achieve then! Though who knows what'll happen when celebrating this midsummer. lol
Old 2015-06-19, 12:34   Link #2645
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:

Rena has got one hell of a boobs power up here, what the hell, they're almost bigger than ShMion's.

Great news otherwise. The themes backgrounds doesn't look bad at all for once either.

I wonder if they'll make sprites for all the Hou background characters.

Last edited by TheGuraGuraMan; 2015-06-19 at 13:20.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 22:10   Link #2646
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

New details on the Hinamizawa Bus Stop stage play!

and also ryukishi's writing another horror game or something
Old 2015-06-23, 09:31   Link #2647
GrAVit

Interesting! I hope we'll hear more soon.

Indeed, here we go: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...for-dmm/.89608

Last edited by GrAVit; 2015-06-23 at 12:43.
Old 2015-06-24, 16:47   Link #2648
GrAVit

I've now read the Steam version of Onikakushi-hen.
I think they did a pretty good job with the translation overall. There were some minor mistakes and typos here and there but it didn't bother me too much, I mean it was *definitely* better than the original MG translation. lol

It's great that they took our opinions into consideration and improved many of the sprites, most of them looked very good in my opinion. I thought they looked much cuter and livelier, and felt it like there was more emotion coming out of those faces and whatnot!

I was still immersed and creeped out by it even though I naturally know the story quite thoroughly by now. Can't wait for the rest of the chapters, especially Kai and Hou!
Old 2015-06-29, 17:39   Link #2649
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
This week Ryukishi is coming to the Golden Land--I mean State for Anime Expo. I can't wait. ;w; I'll be dressing up as Rika and Satoko.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-29, 17:41   Link #2650
GrAVit

Quote:
This week Ryukishi is coming to the Golden Land--I mean State for Anime Expo. I can't wait. ;w; I'll be dressing up as Rika and Satoko.
Both?
This should be a fun event!
Old 2015-07-02, 19:17   Link #2651
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Higurashi's anime has been, once again, licensed. Kai, Rei, and Kira are coming over to the West for the first time. Maybe this will generate interest in Sui? Maybe they will gather a dub cast that doesn't suck.

Of course this announcement came literally a week after I ordered the first volume of Kai from Australia...

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 2015-07-02 at 21:58.
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 02:35   Link #2652
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I almost read it as a remake was announced and I panicked in joy, damn :/
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 01:47   Link #2653
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Umineko has been licensed by MangaGamer, and will be released through Steam with updated graphics alongside Higurashi.
Old 2015-07-05, 19:19   Link #2654
GrAVit

Woooh! I had a hunch that they'd do it. lol

I've actually still yet to read the original, even though I have it waiting on my computer already... :P
I'm looking forward to this Steam release as well, though I'll probably read the original than wait for the whole thing to come out. At this rate it will definitely be some other decade in the future. lol

On a side note, I feel like Watanagashi-hen is taking forever to come out lol
Old 2015-07-06, 00:27   Link #2655
Observer1994

From what I hear they are using sprites from the Pachi-Slot Umineko game.
Meh, not really an update in terms of graphics. Personally, I feel as though the PS3 sprites are better when it comes to quality.
But don't get me wrong, the Pachinko sprites do have some rustic charms to them.
However, I can't get over that some of the Pachinko sprites eye designs are too masculine on some of the female characters.

Observer1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 01:48   Link #2656
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer1994 View Post
Meh, not really an update in terms of graphics. Personally, I feel as though the PS3 sprites are better when it comes to quality.
But don't get me wrong, the Pachinko sprites do have some rustic charms to them.
However, I can't get over that some of the Pachinko sprites eye designs are too masculine on some of the female characters.
I don't mind much at all, but the common consensus seems to be that it's a terrible awful lazy decision on the behalf of MangaGamer, which I disagree with. They've already made it clear that the only reason they commissioned new art for Higurashi was because Alchemist declined to collaborate with them. If Umineko already has a viable alternative, why wouldn't they use it? Anyway, Alchemist's sprites are wonderful, but I won't mind the Pachinko sprites at all. Not to mention, they're releasing Umineko under the same model as Higurashi, so there'll be PS3ification patches out in no less than a month like there was for Higurashi. (Umineko already has the upper leg, since the OnScripter version, which wasn't even built for modding like the new engine, had several PS3 patches.)

I'm glad they contracted Kei Natsumi or whoever for the Pachinko art instead of commissioning it, actually. This way they can't be blamed for "defiling" Umineko like that whole debacle with Higurashi.

Quote:
I've actually still yet to read the original, even though I have it waiting on my computer already... :P
I'm looking forward to this Steam release as well, though I'll probably read the original than wait for the whole thing to come out. At this rate it will definitely be some other decade in the future. lol

On a side note, I feel like Watanagashi-hen is taking forever to come out lol
Eh. I dunno if it's taking forever, Onikakushi hasn't really been out that long anyway. And I'm assuming they have totally different people working on these two, since Umineko's apparently being translated by Witch-Hunt again, and is going to be released between Higurashi arcs.
Old 2015-07-06, 03:26   Link #2657
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

One thing I'm gonna say is that Umitweak will not be making patches for the Steam version. Someone else will have to do it.
Old 2015-07-06, 07:08   Link #2658
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer1994 View Post

The pachinko sprites are literally a cheap ass copy of the ps3 one no matter how you put it, to a point I was surprised it didn't count as plagiarism since their right don't seems to be related to Alchemist as MG got them. Like for Higurashi they just wants to get their hand on sprites that looks a bit more "pro-ish" than Ryukishi's to release the game on Steam, which is pretty fair I guess since they can't get Alchemist's.

Anyway, the vanilla sprite switch ingame should still be here and modding it will be a piece of cake, so need to really complain about it, maybe the pachinko sprites will look a bit better in HQ, and shouldn't they have more than that like CGs and backgrounds ? Still a bit curious to see the whole thing.
Old 2015-07-06, 08:51   Link #2659
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Pachinko Sprites were done by Natsumi Kei, who did EP1, EP3 and EP8 manga adaptations.
Old 2015-07-06, 09:10   Link #2660
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Pachinko Sprites were done by Natsumi Kei, who did EP1, EP3 and EP8 manga adaptations.
Nah. They adapted her design into "anime", and that's mostly pretty badly done. Her covers color works looked way better (damn, here it's flashy as hell), and most of her drawings are like day and night compared to the pachinko art, especially the "troll faces", even from EP1 who was quite a long time ago.
S/He is my favorite artist of the manga, so I can easily tell. Beatrice's eyelashes are supposed to be blonde, and that's just one example.