AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-06-30, 06:15   Link #361
GDB

Instant Transmission is one of the biggest problems with the series. Not only is it stupidly amazing, but Goku never thinks it'd be a good idea to teach it to anyone else. And then he doesn't use it for any practical purposes.

Team4Star did it right when they made it so he forgot he had it until he absolutely had to use it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 10:05   Link #362
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Here's my main problem, doesn't Goku have Instant Transmission? So why does he even have to go live with Ubb to train him?:heh
Even without IT at this point they can all fly around the world in less than an hour. I always assumed it was just an excuse because he couldn't be bothered staying around his family when he only wanted to train. He did it after the Cell saga too... "oh it looks like the bad guys only come after me, I better stay dead!" - utter bullshit, as if the Saiyans or the Red Ribbon Androids upon finding him dead would have just shrugged and gone "oh well, too bad, let's dedicate the rest of our lives to community service". He only wanted to train on his own without anyone bothering him.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 12:12   Link #363
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not only is it stupidly amazing, but Goku never thinks it'd be a good idea to teach it to anyone else.
Can he even do it, though? Maybe it's something only the yardorat people can pass along. I can't picture Goku as a good teacher.

Even if he could, can you really imagine Goku wanting to do that? He's extremely selfish and never taught anyone anything, unless it's for his own purposes. And Vegeta, who would be probably the most interested and capable, would rather die than ask him about that.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 18:55   Link #364
chaos_animagic

Thought ep 157 (59) was the last... didn't think there was 2 other episodes until I came to check up this thread, LOL...

Man... ep 158, 159... felt so weird... maybe it's because of the time skip thing.

Also... looks like time gonna be "rewind" for the Super's series?
Because I was sure Super started RIGHT after Buu gets defeated... and not until WAY later...

This means we can treat this last 2 episodes as "alternative ending"
That or Super as "alternative universe"...
However, if Super is treated as alternative universe, that just means it's another "GT" and not a real sequel... so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Can he even do it, though? Maybe it's something only the yardorat people can pass along. I can't picture Goku as a good teacher.

Even if he could, can you really imagine Goku wanting to do that? He's extremely selfish and never taught anyone anything, unless it's for his own purposes. And Vegeta, who would be probably the most interested and capable, would rather die than ask him about that.
If Small Buu could "learn/steal" the teleport technique from others... it probably mean it could also be learned by others.

__ ___ __

And yet again shows why I dislike Mr.Satan... not only is he bald and ugly, LOL, but he asks others to "lose" to him on purpose so he can continue to "trick" the entire world that he's the "strongest"...

__ ___ __

As for Goku going with "others"... technically he did say the reason... which is because the kid is the "human" form of "small buu" (meaning the kid actually have all the powers of small buu, but just doesn't have the memory of those powers and how to use them)
And you know how Goku is addicted to power... so... he'll do anything he wants for it, even if it means leaving his family, YET AGAIN to go train... lol...

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2015-06-30 at 20:54.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 20:40   Link #365
GDB

Quote:
He could have taught Gohan. Or Piccolo. Especially Gohan. They spent a year together training to fight Cell, and he had intended pretty much the entire time for Gohan to be the one to kill him. Yet, he doesn't teach him this amazing technique?

Same thing pretty much applies to Kaio Ken and the Spirit Bomb. I'm sure Krillin, Tien, and Piccolo would like to know the Kaio Ken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
This means we can treat this last 2 episodes as "alternative ending"
That or Super as "alternative universe"...
However, if Super is treated as alternative universe, that just means it's another "GT" and not a real sequel... so...
There's a large gap of time between Kid Buu's defeat and the End of Z. That's where Super takes place.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 20:47   Link #366
Chosen_Hero

The DB Super manga starts months after Buu's defeat.
Old 2015-06-30, 21:00   Link #367
chaos_animagic

That's what I mean... Super starts after Buu.

So what they're basically doing is... showing the ending of ALL Dragon Ball adventure even before they finish making Super....

Which is kinda gimpy...

Because it basically shows the actual ending of things.
So if Super have anything new, like characters and such (if there's going to be any), and they're not shown in Z/Kai's end... what does that mean?
Are those characters all dead and nonexistent?

so yea... the Ending of ALL Dragon Ball feels real awkward if they're adding new stuff into the Dragon Ball Saga that's not existing in the Ending of ALL Dragon Ball Saga...

Thus is why I suggested the last 2 timeskipped episode to be treated as "alternative endings" that way things don't go all crazy like GT...

BTW, so... PAN is basically the "first" Female Saiyan we've seen... LOL (wonder if anyone did Fanarts of her in Teen or Adult age)
Also wonder if they'll be more Female Saiyan in Super... so little female saiyans... it's all dudes.

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2015-06-30 at 21:40.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 03:04   Link #368
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
That's what I mean... Super starts after Buu.

So what they're basically doing is... showing the ending of ALL Dragon Ball adventure even before they finish making Super....

Which is kinda gimpy...

Because it basically shows the actual ending of things.
So if Super have anything new, like characters and such (if there's going to be any), and they're not shown in Z/Kai's end... what does that mean?
Are those characters all dead and nonexistent?

so yea... the Ending of ALL Dragon Ball feels real awkward if they're adding new stuff into the Dragon Ball Saga that's not existing in the Ending of ALL Dragon Ball Saga...

Thus is why I suggested the last 2 timeskipped episode to be treated as "alternative endings" that way things don't go all crazy like GT...

BTW, so... PAN is basically the "first" Female Saiyan we've seen... LOL (wonder if anyone did Fanarts of her in Teen or Adult age)
Also wonder if they'll be more Female Saiyan in Super... so little female saiyans... it's all dudes.
And I agree with you on calling it an Alternative ending, as for the Pan thing there's already plenty of fanart, it's called GT.
Old 2015-07-01, 08:30   Link #369
Goty

Quote:
If Small Buu could "learn/steal" the teleport technique from others... it probably mean it could also be learned by others.
That was a variation, an instant movement..not exactly the same teleportation Goku uses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He could have taught Gohan. Or Piccolo. Especially Gohan. They spent a year together training to fight Cell, and he had intended pretty much the entire time for Gohan to be the one to kill him. Yet, he doesn't teach him this amazing technique?

Same thing pretty much applies to Kaio Ken and the Spirit Bomb. I'm sure Krillin, Tien, and Piccolo would like to know the Kaio Ken.
As i said, it's a matter of "could he?", "would he want to do it?".
He wanted Gohan to get as strong as possible, but he didn't teach him anything, he just pulled out Gohan's potential the best he could, while fighting him.

As for the Genki Dama..maybe they could do it, but it's also possible Kaioh didn't find them worthy. It wasn't only strength what he saw in Goku when he decided to teach him, he was impressed by Goku's "heart", as debatable as that is.
Also Goku was the only one who spent a long time alone with Kaioh.
Old 2015-07-01, 11:16   Link #370
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
That was a variation, an instant movement..not exactly the same teleportation Goku uses.
No, it was teleportation, though I think he actually copied it from Kibitokai, not Goku. But it was teleportation, no doubt about it, because he could move instantaneously between planets at light years of distance from each other. Which is something that even the fastest flyer can't do in DBZ universe. Every time someone moves between planets it's either by starship or IT (ok, except for Beerus now maybe, but he's just in a different league).

But then again, Majin Bu was magic so he could pull stuff like that out of his ass. I suppose one could argue Goku didn't teach IT to Gohan because it would take too long and they needed to focus on getting him stronger. IT is just a trick, useful in a lot of situations but ultimately it didn't make up for the difference of power between Goku and Cell even when he used it to take him by surprise. Sure, it's an advantage, but in a close quarters fight it isn't that different from just moving very very fast. It's more useful for logistics (interplanetary travel, helping wounded allies and pulling them out to distant locations).

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 12:15   Link #371
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
No, it was teleportation, though I think he actually copied it from Kibitokai, not Goku.
That's what i meant, he didn't take it from Goku, but Kibitokai, like you said. It's a different kind:

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Instantaneous_Movement

We've seen this one quite a few times, like when Kami-sama brought Goku back to face Nappa and Vegeta. Seeing the people who used it, it belonged more to sorcerer-type characters than fighters, so makes sense that Buu was able to pull it off, being kind of both.
But the discussion was about Goku's move, which is a version that we know can be taught, at least by the yardorat.