Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-06-25, 03:11   Link #34521
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post

Hokuto No Ken theme plays
oh my, this is too funny, a hand pack XD I wish the Real Grade hands were compatible with the HG's, I had such high hopes until I found out the ball joint is too small

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
To be fair, it's real in the physically-existing-here-in-the-material-plane real, it's just not something we lowly peasants can actually buy no matter how much money we throw at it.
lol, sometimes I wish I hadn't known. Just knowing there is one out there is a heartbreak enough
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 16:03   Link #34522
Skye629

Shit.........

BTW anyone know where I can find a decently priced Kawaguchi Pro-Shop Zaku II 2.0? Im looking for the Desert colored one that come with the Kampher's shotgun
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 22:11   Link #34523
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

That Bandai can cough up all of these G-Self variants, and yet not have spared an ounce of effort for an HG Blast Impulse really hurts ;-;

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 22:51   Link #34524
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's because the G-Self is the superior machine.

*flees*
Old 2015-06-30, 23:09   Link #34525
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Is that purple G-Self exclusive? If not then I'd be glad to get it (official purple Gundam is quite rare out there). Still, that red-white shield on the purple G-Self is such an eyeshore. No way I'm gonna use that shield on my display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That Bandai can cough up all of these G-Self variants, and yet not have spared an ounce of effort for an HG Blast Impulse really hurts ;-;
I don't know man. I'd rather wait for HGCE Impulse REVIVE before Bandai release another Impulse variants. The old HG Impulse mold rather sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That's because the G-Self is the superior machine.

*flees*
Yeah, not many Gundams can do Bunshin-no-Jutsu and turn Super Saiyan .
Old 2015-06-30, 23:58   Link #34526
Skye629

Oh its an online exclusive

;-;

Damn you bandai, but then again...I really like those deflector mirrors........and that really really nice color scheme

LOL Dragon, don't think you can run away after saying that >:3
Old 2015-07-01, 00:33   Link #34527
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don't know man. I'd rather wait for HGCE Impulse REVIVE before Bandai release another Impulse variants. The old HG Impulse mold rather sucks.
Blast Impulse getting an HGCE would be sweet, sweet revenge.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 04:21   Link #34528
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The old HG Impulse mold rather sucks.
- Stop reminding me of that. I've put my Destiny Impulse mod project on hold for so long I regret attempting it.

I mean hell, I'd love to find a way to make the HG Impulse more like the MG Impulse. And this comes from a guy who hates the Impulse.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 00:34   Link #34529
GameraBaenre

My entry into this year's SCGMC 2015 1/144 City Diorama... oh, and also entering this into GBWC at Anime Expo this weekend.

http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=3807

GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 21:40   Link #34530
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
My entry into this year's SCGMC 2015 1/144 City Diorama... oh, and also entering this into GBWC at Anime Expo this weekend.

Torrington? Damn thats sick, nice work
Old 2015-07-05, 21:47   Link #34531
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post

Spoiler for .:

Just saw this featured on blogspot. Great job!

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2015/0...5-gbwc_26.html
Old 2015-07-06, 13:06   Link #34532
GameraBaenre

Yep, the inspiration is the Torrington attack form Unicorn. Thanks! Tough competition. Here's my story from the couple of days as well as other entries: http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=3816
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 22:10   Link #34533
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

To people who own one already, how's RG Strike Freedom? I already own the RG Freedom, which I like, despite the finnicky wings, so I'm looking on some opinions about the SF.

I don't mind so much that it might not be a very playable kit, as long as I can spend time and get it into a really cool pose to display it. Just more worried about the gold inner frame and how easy/possible it is to paint it without breaking stuff, cause i've heard a bunch of horror stories about frail gold plastic breaking etc.
Old 2015-07-07, 08:13   Link #34534
Orattvisa

Finally finished my first RG!
Spoiler for size & phone quality photos.:

After two attempts to replicate the chome effect onto the inner frame using paint, I gave up and simply painted the frame with metallic paint. Was tempted to strip away the chrome on the wings to get a more uniform look, until I remembered that the higher price point of the kit comes from the chromed parts.

It still turned out really impressive to look at though. Very impressed with the details and the design. The RG inner frame really amazed me with the design. Enjoyed assembling the kit, not so much when painting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
To people who own one already, how's RG Strike Freedom? I already own the RG Freedom, which I like, despite the finnicky wings, so I'm looking on some opinions about the SF.

I don't mind so much that it might not be a very playable kit, as long as I can spend time and get it into a really cool pose to display it. Just more worried about the gold inner frame and how easy/possible it is to paint it without breaking stuff, cause i've heard a bunch of horror stories about frail gold plastic breaking etc.
Ehhh I don't own the RG Freedom, so I can't compare with the Strike. Personally I find the Strike's wings very finnicky, so much that I avoided adjusting the wings after opening it into the current position.
The bright blue portions of the wings (Dragoons?) tends to fall off when I'm posing the wings. Snapping the dark blue parts of the wings into place is difficult for me, and I ended up damaging some of the chrome while straining a few other pieces. Thankfully they are not too noticeable.

To display the kit, you will need a stand like the action base. The Strike tends to fall over thanks to the weight of the backpack. Also seems to have some rather weak knees, reminds me of the MG Exia.

I didn't have too much trouble painting the inner frame, but I was being extremely careful when handling it. Painting the entire frame can damage the paint at the joint areas or make the joints stiff. I didn't really find the inner frame fragile, and even painted and striped the inner frame twice. Maybe I was being really gentle after hearing everyone else's horror stories of broken parts.
I think the easiest way to paint the frame will be to use a gundam metallic gold marker and only paint the visible portions. Referencing photographs of the kit will help to identify where to paint.

In short: Be very careful when assembling, paint selectively and grab a stand. You will end up with a really great looking, though somewhat unplayable kit. Still looks amazing on a stand!

Last edited by Orattvisa; 2015-07-08 at 07:49.
Orattvisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 08:29   Link #34535
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Thanks for the heads-up, and great job on the kit, looking pretty good! Painting the inner frame with a non-terrible shade of gold really makes it pop. I reckon you went with actual paint, instead of just the Gundam marker?

Anyhow, reading your impressions about the wings, I'd say they're par for the course, haha. Given the way the Freedom's wings are put together, I didn't have any piece actually fall down on me, but on the other hand, something very, very common that happens is the lower parts of the wing getting 'loose' and not able to keep themselves in the air. The way they're put together is pretty ingenious, but sometimes when you're moving them around this happens and then you need to apply some pressure to the bit where they're all actually connected in order for them to work as intended again. Bit of a pain, honestly.

To be fair, I don't mind it too much, because like I said I just want to get it on the action base and leave it there looking awesome, and it accomplishes that really well after spending a good hour getting it to look how I want, haha. So if the Strike Freedom doesn't have any glaring cons aside from some ~patience~ required, that's great.
Old 2015-07-07, 10:45   Link #34536
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
man, the HG G-Reco kits are fun to collect despite their basic simplistic designs, they are also fodder for customizations thanks to their engineering derived from post Build Fighters, even more so compared to the AGE days, at my place the price is reasonable too, though you need heavy modding to improve their body articulation, like shown many times in hobby mags,

i am trying to collect all versions G-Self's forms & make a Sentai Ranger team out of them, even better if its released in MG or RG too.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 09:13   Link #34537
X207
Gamyūsa

is it common for the painted 144 Quanta full saber base piece to be extremely loose?
im using humbrol paint. when painted, the piece where the 2 side gn blades fit into the part holding the handle give me a huge gap when fully assembled. when i remove the gn blades and fit the handle to the rest of the sword i have no gap.

when i add 1 side blade it unseats 1 joint and it gets worse with the second one. i can shake of the handle part of the unit if i remove both blades as its only the 2 joints to lock the handle to sword BC they get 90% pushed out. i have a 2mm gap when both blades are assembled to the entire piece. i thinned out the paint layer on any connecting piece but no luck, the blue grey handles are loose enough that no paint from the handle piece press against them.

all thats holding the full saber kit fully assembled are the outer angled pieces and pegs located on the 2 side beam blades. aside from the Quanta GN sword blue side handle the only other loos piece is the base of the assembled full saber kit.

i got a pic of it to post though ill do so a bit later as soon as i figure out how to tag pics from my album to posts but the pics are there now.

that aside, i finished my build of the 1/100 librarian Blitz Gundam with the original black/red scheme, my 144 Arios Gundam and the 1.5 Gundam. i just finished my 144 Quanta kit+ full saber . i do have 144 Portent, 144 green Bawoo, 144 Deathscythe left to start on to finish my backlog.

i'll be starting my Portent Gundam soon within the next few days when i feel like mixing the green paints to get the biggest obstacle done.
https://forums.animesuki.com/album.p...ictureid=55926

Last edited by X207; 2015-07-19 at 19:04.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 23:02   Link #34538
Skye629

1/144 and 1/100 Gundam Barbatos (no exact grades mentioned)

EDIT: 1/144 confirmed to be HG

HG 1/144

1/100

From the price its a NG, but it seems to have a full internal frame, interesting move there

1/144 Krays

More kits from the new series:

Last edited by Skye629; 2015-07-15 at 00:00.
Old 2015-07-22, 17:57   Link #34539
Skye629

Glaze High Mobility Commander Type

Glaze High Mobility Type

Old 2015-07-22, 23:51   Link #34540
Skye629

AWWWWWW YEAAHHHHH

P-Bandai Fenice Rinascita Alba

Tags