Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-11, 08:11   Link #21
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc2k4
I guess it depends on how you define "character" and "kill"

Orihime's brother was definatly killed.... by himself.
The twins from the battle before this were 'killed' by the ichigo group
hallows are 'killed' all the time

orihime's brother might not be considered a character, and the twin's death might not be considered being 'killed' but, all a matter of how you define things.
Not to mention Kaien in a flashback, and the former 11th squad captain off-screen(though it was heard)...
Old 2006-05-11, 08:16   Link #22
Dantat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc2k4
I guess it depends on how you define "character" and "kill"

Orihime's brother was definatly killed.... by himself.
The twins from the battle before this were 'killed' by the ichigo group
hallows are 'killed' all the time

orihime's brother might not be considered a character, and the twin's death might not be considered being 'killed' but, all a matter of how you define things.
how about, she was the first "good" character to be killed

edit: errr, orihime's brother turned good, but thats right before he died, so it doesnt count (while he was still a hollow, which might not even count as "good" at all :"x
Old 2006-05-11, 08:33   Link #23
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantat
how about, she was the first "good" character to be killed
Kaien was a good character. So was that talking parrot (?) Chad took care for a while though the talking parrot inhibited by a spirit of "dead" boy. As Jcc2k4 has already explained, it depends on how one would interpret death in Bleach. Ichigo's mother was also a good person and etc..
Old 2006-05-11, 08:46   Link #24
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Any character from the established core set of characters(Ichigo's friends & family & the most reaccuring Shinigami/SS ppl) hasn't died, and those're really who count in the overall storyline.

Flashback characters(Ichigo's mother, Kaien, prev 11th cap), minor chars(Orihime's bro, Yoshino), and future heroes & villians(with rare exceptions) don't count as main character deaths... so technically no main character has died yet.
Old 2006-05-11, 10:26   Link #25
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Teh coffee thing was FUNNY!

But poor Ishida...
Old 2006-05-11, 16:18   Link #26
jcc2k4
boku wa kamisama desu

Yeah you're right i completely forgot about Ichigo's mother, Kaien, and the prev 11th cap.

Death in the Ichigoverse is so sketchy to me... I wonder even if the bounto go to SS....
Old 2006-05-11, 18:30   Link #27
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
hey guess what, if i'm not mistaken, isn't yoshino the first character to be killed in bleach?
Filler characters are always killed by the end of the arc, with the possible exception of the stuffed animal trio who probably just won't ever be seen again.
Old 2006-05-11, 19:13   Link #28
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Filler characters are always killed by the end of the arc, with the possible exception of the stuffed animal trio who probably just won't ever be seen again.
Now the surviving members might take over the SCG at the end of the eps when the fillers are over...

..."Filler Cup Golden", anyone?
Old 2006-05-11, 19:14   Link #29
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Hmm ... anyone else find it odd that instead of using Yoshino's 'reproductive power' to make more bountos they killed her to make more dolls?
Old 2006-05-11, 19:34   Link #30
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
Hmm ... anyone else find it odd that instead of using Yoshino's 'reproductive power' to make more bountos they killed her to make more dolls?
It seemed to me that what happened is what the reproductive thing they were talking about actually was. I think.

In theory, the dolls need masters, right? Maybe they turn normal humans into Bound that way.
Old 2006-05-11, 22:42   Link #31
shikamarufoo

This episode was very confusing, wth the whole reproduction thingy. I thought something happened to her and Ishida and she would have a baby twice as strong as everyone, then Kariya says something about her loving her doll and I just got lost from there ...I dunno why but this Bontou arc is growing on me, to the point where I can't wait to see what happens next.
Overall 7.5/10

BTW can someone explain to me the whole reproduction thing please ~
Old 2006-05-11, 23:12   Link #32
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamarufoo
BTW can someone explain to me the whole reproduction thing please ~
I don't think anyone can really explain the reproductive thing until it is explained to us next episode.

All I can do is to say that I believe that Yoshino's love for her doll didn't give her the ability to reproduce. Many people seem to have that backwards. What Kariya meant was that beause of her instinct to reproduce she had the ability to fall in love with her doll. The rest of them didn't really love. For instance Yoshino loved Kariya, but Kariya never actually loved her. Their hearts were as sterile as their bodies. Yoshino's love for her doll was the proof that her soul (and consequently body) was different.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-05-12, 10:28   Link #33
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I don't think anyone can really explain the reproductive thing until it is explained to us next episode.

All I can do is to say that I believe that Yoshino's love for her doll didn't give her the ability to reproduce. Many people seem to have that backwards. What Kariya meant was that beause of her instinct to reproduce she had the ability to fall in love with her doll. The rest of them didn't really love. For instance Yoshino loved Kariya, but Kariya never actually loved her. Their hearts were as sterile as their bodies. Yoshino's love for her doll was the proof that her soul (and consequently body) was different.
A very good point. I also see that her love to her doll has nothing to do with her reproductive ability. She has a different relationship to her doll which means she does not have to control it. So when Kariya broke her ring her doll did not turn on her and she was able to fight on. As NoSanninWa said, the reason she was able to "love" her doll was probably because of her ability to give birth.

Speaking of giving birth.... if Kariya let Yoshino live for a while longer there might have been a Quincy/Bount cross. Now that would have been interesting. Although deep down I am afraid that Ishida's love for Yoshino is only based on his mother complex. He was not even intersted in her until she reminded him of his mom....
I guess no anime without incest or near incest.

Lol, poor Ishida.. first a Frankengami, then a Vampire... and the only girl that is "to a degree" normal has her sights on his rival. His hobby set's yaoi hearts on fire and now he is without power.

Next episode! Ishida tries to jump off a bridge but drowns in his sorrow and self pity first =)
Old 2006-05-12, 11:34   Link #34
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis
A very good point. I also see that her love to her doll has nothing to do with her reproductive ability. She has a different relationship to her doll which means she does not have to control it. So when Kariya broke her ring her doll did not turn on her and she was able to fight on. As NoSanninWa said, the reason she was able to "love" her doll was probably because of her ability to give birth.

Speaking of giving birth.... if Kariya let Yoshino live for a while longer there might have been a Quincy/Bount cross. Now that would have been interesting. Although deep down I am afraid that Ishida's love for Yoshino is only based on his mother complex. He was not even intersted in her until she reminded him of his mom....
I guess no anime without incest or near incest.

Lol, poor Ishida.. first a Frankengami, then a Vampire... and the only girl that is "to a degree" normal has her sights on his rival. His hobby set's yaoi hearts on fire and now he is without power.

Next episode! Ishida tries to jump off a bridge but drowns in his sorrow and self pity first =)
Hmm, reminds me of Sasuke ... lol, guess they kept the same voice actor for a reason. Which one is the Frankengami?

And Orihime is normal ... she's just so ditsy it's painful
Old 2006-05-12, 11:36   Link #35
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
Which one is the Frankengami?
Nemu, I belive.
Old 2006-05-12, 12:14   Link #36
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Nemu, I belive.
well considering who "made" nemu...
Old 2006-05-12, 12:14   Link #37
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis

Yeah. As I've said in one of my previous post, Ishida is getting the full brunt of this story. There is no way the story tellers can make him anymore pathetic but I sure don't want to challenge them in fear, they might pull it off. Gah.. Bring back that bwahaha guy and have a Kon face off.
Old 2006-05-12, 12:43   Link #38
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Yeah. As I've said in one of my previous post, Ishida is getting the full brunt of this story. There is no way the story tellers can make him anymore pathetic but I sure don't want to challenge them in fear, they might pull it off. Gah.. Bring back that bwahaha guy and have a Kon face off.
Actually, I don't think it's such a bad idea ... seeing as he's powerless, this is what they SHOULD do ... so that when he finally gets his powers back he can kick some allmighty ass, and we'll all be even more awed by it
Old 2006-05-12, 13:48   Link #39
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oowh i feel really sorry for ishida right now...firstly he loses his powers and now he loses his lover.../cry
isnt he supposed to be a main chara...whats the point in nerfing him soo much? after going through emotional and physical trauma i really hope ishida gets his powers back and opens a can of ass woopin!!
classic cliche is for him to get his powers back while under even more emotional trauma...maybe that spark would come when he is pitted against a bound? who knows...i really hope he can find his inner self right now he seems soo pittiful...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-05-13, 06:06   Link #40
astrallionheart

Tired of having to rely on powers, Ishida picks up a normal longbow. With his feelings of love, the power of his bow is magnified a thousandfold, so that they can fight off even the most powerful Shinigami captains and hollows.
Closed Thread