AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-06, 05:36   Link #101
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Episode 5 was another cute one. The breast jokes are somewhat repetetive, but it's alright, since the action kinda makes up for it.

I too noticed how Segawa has jumped in Nora's face when she approached Reiji. At first I thought that Douji and NSWF were part of one another, but I think I like the fact they may not exactly be on the same page. At the same time, none of them feels like the cliched "good side" or "bad side". This episode showed that there is a lot of potential to explore here.

The interplay was nuanced and sort of invited us to get inquisitive about these two organizations.

PS: I am treating this show right now as "Speed Grapher done right". Of course, it lacks some of SG's gritty realism and adds blatant fanservice, but it does remind me of that anime.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 16:35   Link #102
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
For the most part, the MasaMune reference to Masane's breasts was funny to me (I even took the time to make it into a sig). As for her proportions: Guido is right on the mark about the lack of attention to detail, but knowing some of GONZO's previous works, they may or may not go back and "fix" those scenes before the DVD release (which has been done with many releases in general).

As for the episode itself:

Spoiler for episode 5:

It's going to be interesting to see what happens next week.

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 23:30   Link #103
wrex_japan

Looks like you understood it pretty well, Guido. I finally have my summary for episode 5 up. And yes, I agree with you, the production quality went down a bit this episode. But then again, I was thinking that seeing a bit chubbier woman was more realistic (Masane is a mom, after all).
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 08:46   Link #104
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Ok from what I've seen so far its not that bad. I still can't help but think of this as a cross between SoulTaker and DoA. However thats just on the visual side. The story is solid enough so I can't bad mouth it. But the blatant Top Cow sight gags keep me laughing. So I'll stick with it. Surppised the Doujin artist haven't had a field day with this one.
Reppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 12:41   Link #105
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

CBC has aired this week's episode, but I will wait for the TBS broadcast.

There are high hopes that the catfight should all what we're expecting, as the episode turns the first half: serious, dark, drama, and fighting; the latter half is mostly comedy with characters pulling out funny faces.

Spoiler:

Gallery
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 13:33   Link #106
xizro345
King's Justice

Just a quick update, details of DVD are appearing on the site:

http://www.witchblade.jp/news/index.html

My Japanese skills are very limited but I think it's written clearly that the WMasane version will have less skin covered.
Anyone can provide better details? I'm thinking of getting the first press edition if it's worth it (probably not..) 8P
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 15:33   Link #107
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345
Just a quick update, details of DVD are appearing on the site:

http://www.witchblade.jp/news/index.html

My Japanese skills are very limited but I think it's written clearly that the WMasane version will have less skin covered.
Anyone can provide better details? I'm thinking of getting the first press edition if it's worth it (probably not..) 8P
No, you just about said it right. For the most part (like many other broadcast-to-DVD releases), WitchBlade will get an uncut release (the same as with Gantz).

According to the website, the first volume will be released on July 26.

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 16:21   Link #108
xizro345
King's Justice

Actually I didn't get what the first pressing DVD gets, should have asked that better, my bad 8P
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 17:03   Link #109
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345
Actually I didn't get what the first pressing DVD gets, should have asked that better, my bad 8P
The first press comes with a special jacket cover illustrated by Uno Makoto and the first volume of the Witchblade Settei Collection (i.e. a sketchbook)
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 20:08   Link #110
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Watched episode 6. Can't really add much to what Guido said except that I liked it and that everything after the "catfight" looked very much off-format. All faces looked like they were drawn in a hurry and were poorly checked (or not check at all) by the sakkan. It wasn't terrible, but it was somewhat inconsistant.

Still, it was a pretty good episode.

The psychotic lesbian assistant girl got me thinking. Is it possible that CloneBlades and Ex-Con are a product of the same program of producing whatever?

Spoiler:

I like the fact that the story shifted away from a Ex-Con a bit towards the Cloneblade girls. The fetishist mutant freak thing got old in Speed Grapher and I didn't really need a rehash of it in Witchblade. So the fact that they moved on with the story is quite welcome.
Old 2006-05-12, 13:25   Link #111
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Thumbs up

Gotta chance to watch ep. 6 last night. Was home by six and started DL'ding episode , finished and was ready to watch by 11pm that night.

Man oh man what a mess!

Spoiler:

I have to admit that many of the viewers pose a lot of good questions. Some in relation to the comic and some in the information supplied in each episode.

So the DVDs are on their way out. As for getting less skin. Well, that was the design they were supposed to go with. But even with the show being broadcasted at late night they probably couldn't air it. Which is why two versions are made. One for broadcasting and one for private viewing. Yep, it's like taking the "censor restraints" off a "hentai" title. The only question will be is what version will we get? If they're getting an uncut version does that mean now that the OP will show the TRUTH??? C'ause I'm starting to wonder if that was an ASS that was being sensually touched in the OP.

Of course I was sort of getting used to the edited version, now I'm wondering how I would adjust to the "skin" version. Well, hey it's not different from what 'Sara Pezzini' wears.

As for animation, I can't help but laugh at times. At one point I mistaked Shiromi (I think that's her name of 'Blue Cloneblade') for Masane. Don't know how I did that. I noticed that the staff gave Masane a surprisingly HUGE ASS in one scene on the boat. I was like DAMN, is it really that big? Hahahahahaha!!! I don't think I've been this reved up for a show like this one. It isn't great, but I seem to look forward to it everyweek because of what it is. And because the plot seemed to grab me. Hell, it made me take a little bit to look into the US comic just to get an idea about the story in general no matter how different they might be.

I wonder if they'll put an artbook out for this show? Hmmmm....

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2006-08-11 at 14:30.
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 16:21   Link #112
nolanvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
WitchBlade air date: Wednesdays 25:45 hrs --> Thursdays 01:45 a.m.

On-Topic
Episode two already aired in Japan
Spoiler:

Wondering
Spoiler:

Masane's data profile reveals that she's 23-years-old, and she's one bad mother when transformed.

Incredibly NSFW link, there fella
nolanvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 17:05   Link #113
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanvoid
Incredibly NSFW link, there fella
The link is to 2chan and it's a month old.

Just use some common sense and connect the dots!
Old 2006-05-12, 23:48   Link #114
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

I'm looking at the details, an I noticed Cdjapan labeled it as "16:9 Squeeze". Erm... What does the Squeeze mean in this case? Anamorphic or something else?
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 10:06   Link #115
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
Gotta chance to watch ep. 6 last night. Was home by six and started DL'ding episode , finished and was ready to watch by 11pm that night.

Man oh man what a mess!

Spoiler:

I have to admit that many of the viewers pose a lot of good questions. Some in relation to the comic and some in the information supplied in each episode.

So the DVDs are on their way out. As for getting less skin. Well, that was the design they were supposed to go with. But even with the show being broadcasted at late night they probably couldn't air it. Which is why two versions are made. One for broadcasting and one for private viewing. Yep, it's like taking the "censor restraints" off a "hentai" title. The only question will be is what version will we get? If they're getting an uncut version does that mean now that the OP will show the TRUTH??? C'ause I'm starting to wonder if that was an ASS that was being sensually touched in the OP.

Of course I was sort of getting used to the edited version, now I'm wondering how I would adjust to the "skin" version. Well, hey it's not different from what 'Sara Pezzini' wears.

As for animation, I can't help but laugh at times. At one point I mistaked Shiromi (I think that's her name of 'Bue Cloneblade') for Masane. Don't know how I did that. I noticed that the staff gave Masane a surprisingly HUGE ASS in one scene on the boat. I was like DAMN, is it really that big? Hahahahahaha!!! I don't think I've been this reved up for a show like this one. It isn't great, but I seem to look forward to it everyweek because of what it is. And because the plot seemed to grab me. Hell, it made me take a little bit to look into the US comic just to get an idea about the story in general no matter how different they might be.

I wonder if they'll put an artbook out for this show? Hmmmm....
I too mistook Shiori for Masane in the part where she was getting a CT scan... both of them have short hair and huge boobs. Episode 6 summary and pics here. The title for this episode is quite appropriate, and it both reflects the perversion and the change that happens.

I'm looking forward to getting the DVDs too.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 01:25   Link #116
Protto

Does anyone know if anyone is going to translate any more Witchblade becuase it seems as if it stopped due to a license or something.
Protto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 02:17   Link #117
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protto
Does anyone know if anyone is going to translate any more Witchblade becuase it seems as if it stopped due to a license or something.
Witchblade is not licensed. That's why we still list it on AnimeSuki. If you want more epsiodes right now, learn about this.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-05-16 at 16:54.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 14:26   Link #118
chrno

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan
I too mistook Shiori for Masane in the part where she was getting a CT scan... both of them have short hair and huge boobs. Episode 6 summary and pics here. The title for this episode is quite appropriate, and it both reflects the perversion and the change that happens.

I'm looking forward to getting the DVDs too.
Yeah, they are pretty heavy up top aren't they? Actually, I didn't know that Shiori (I got it right yay) was that big. There was an episode where she was talking to Reina. I think that was ep. 3 or 4. And I noticed that her labcoat was really pushing out. Hahahahaha!!

I had to watch that episode again and yep I was still fooled. It's what happens when you design the characters too SIMILAR!!! See 'Shiori' is all business up front and a little party in the back while Masane is "you really shouldn't be throwing a big party up front, and having a sucky party in the back"! Hahahaha!!!

Man on man, the dialogue the dialogue the dialogue! Not to mention women "spewing" all over the place. DOESN'T ANYONE BLEED ANYMORE???

Personally, I perfer some good old fashioned "rabid-type" foaming at the mouth.

Very good points about regeneration. Seems Masane recovers fairly quickly. It's happened before. And Guido does make a good point about the "bestial" aspect of the film. Well, another thing I had thought about other than the "sexual overtones", is the fact that since we're on animal instincts is that the 'Witchblade' does heighten all senses aside from everything else. Hell, WMasane was able to detect her daughter all the way across town (ep. 1). Not to mention in ep. 2-3 she could sense and visualize her daughter going to a safe place and that she would come for her ASAP. I found this interesting. But it's an interesting touch.

So far so good I've been on a few Jap. message boards and some seem to like 'Masane'. They like her feral motherly spirit. But they especially LIKE Rihoko (must be the "loli" bait). They just consider her so KAWAIIIII~!!!! Again some of the looks she gives people shows you she's not stooopid! In fact the best look she gave was in this week's episode (ep. 6).

I got the chance to see the cover for what seems like the soundtrack. If it is, I'll be surprised it gets sold. Picture an image of nice smooth rosey butt cheeks, and right where the sun don't shine a nice little sharp blade. Hmmm...tempting but highly dangerous. Yee-ah. That's right, yep.

Oh, and about that little red flashing light on 'WMasane' backside, that was an ol' fashioned tranquilizer with tracking device. While the thing in her mouth is tongue stub. Added design for "kink" factor.

Last edited by chrno; 2006-05-17 at 08:15.
Old 2006-05-17, 01:17   Link #119
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It's just fabulous the direction to which the story is heading to within a giant leap in the plot, in spite of the slow start at the beginning.

There's a lot of stuff I want to get answers like:
1. If the Ex-cons were truly human guinea-pigs from the start? or did the scientists from both NSWF & Douji Corp. messed big time and stumbled upon something they shouldn't? The Ex-cons being sort of bio-mechanical lifeform that can alter their DNA to disguise as humans?

2. Exactly why are they targetting girls is pretty about that they are portrayed as sexual predators, but they seem to always target girls that have CloneBlades mounted on their wrists. However, that was not the case for the girl who deceived Riko in episode and stole her purse. She was just an ordinary bi***, yet the chubby fried her to a crisp.
I wonder if all the girls having CloneBlades work for the NSWF?

3. Will there be an outbreak of Ex-cons, meaning that the world would be overrun by them?

Masane is unawared of the dangers that she has stepped into, since NSWF is keeping her eyes on her than ever. I mean in the last episode Shiori informed Reina that the WitchBlade wielder has a daughter, though they cannot yet confirm Masane's identity or maybe they are keeping it confidential from Furimizu.
Anyways, it's a clear sign that NSWF is tailing Masane right under the Douji Corp. eyes.

The reporter Tozawa will soon face dead sh**, if he keeps sticking his nose on matters concerning the appearances of the WitchBlade and CloneBlade. Takeyama and his group would want to keep that information secret from the public, then be forced to take Tozawa under their own matters.
I just compare Tozawa with reporter Akihiro from Blood+, except that the first one has no idea of the sh** he's getting involved with while latter did his homework to know about the Goldschmidt.

Well, the fight was just TERRIFIC. Lots of sexual tension and yuri overtones. In the previous episode, WMasane regard the CShiori as fodder because of her insolence. But in this episode, CShiori gave WMasane what she wanted; the sensation to beat her to shreds.
I think that WMasane quickly grew tired of the Ex-cons and wanted to try something else that would quench her animal lust. Unfortunately, CShiori was too perfect for the challenge that WMasane was not able to afford it any longer; a.k.a. CShiori beating WMasane to a pulp.

My usual complain as always to the lack of detail drawing and animation symmetry for certain close shots. For example, when CShiori leans to like about to kiss WMasane there's a fanservice close shot of their "treasure" drawn unproportional big in size.

However, I applaud the staff with another turning point developing for this episode and will somehow pay a role for the eventual crisis of the Ex-cons.
Looks like the CloneBlades are undergoing a type of corrosion or either taking over their hosts as parasites, as Shiori was giving symptoms of heightened insanity and rage fits.
From what I understood Takeyama's conversation with Masane discussing the CloneBlades, Reina's CloneBlade is the original duplicate copied straight from the WitchBlade. After the accident, NSWF took most of the research resources and proceeded a mass manufacturing of the first CloneBlade to create more duplicates.

The mass manufactured CloneBlade could be degrading or eroding, causing sort of parasitic takeover on their hosts. If that's true, then there would be dead running rampant soon because mostly all female employees working for NSWF are wearing a CloneBlade.

Since, Reina's duplicate comes from the WitchBlade maybe possess less flaws or defects, as Reina hasn't shown up yet signs of hysteria or sudden rage.

Ah, something else that I noticed. Takeyama's had his trademark scar before the accident. Take a look at this pic.

Masane giving the looks to Takeyama. Woohoo! I think her brain was undergoing still the aftereffects of the beating that CShiori gave her, or maybe the WitchBlade is acting on her subconscious bringing forth her horniness and, therefore, Masane might had viewed Takeyama attractive.
Yep. I was also another victim to Shioris' looks attempting to impersonate Masane during the CT scan scene.

I could only scream "PAPARAZZI" when watching Tozawa taking photos of the fight like the voracious journalist aiming for the big scoop. I think he too was getting horny photographing the violent, yuri action.

And Masane pigging out sure made me laugh. Her eating habits remind me somewhat to those of Saya's.

And I have a wonderful collection of gifs that I saved, which I though anyone could pick up for avatars.
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5039/tongue8ks.gif
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5913/cloneblade0ff.gif
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/327/wmasane4na.gif
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/258/breasts9ut.gif
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4558/masane6zh.gif
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8859/checkup2eo.gif
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/87/feral0ry.gif
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 09:53   Link #120
chrno

Talking

Nice summarization Guido. Also, nice gifs too. How about one for the K.O.?

Actually it is interesting how this show has been pulling itself together. But the weird thing is that it started out slow but is speeding up it's pace like it's coming to and end even though we still haven't gotten to the meat. What are the rest of the episodes going to be?

But since I've been watching this show I had wondered some things myself. I had noticed that each time they talk about anything having to do with the 'Witchblade' they refer back to incident that happened 6 years ago.

-When Takeyama is explaining to Masane about how the 'Witchblade' artifact was once in the position of 'Doji Industries'. Could the catastrophe of 6 years before have been caused by the 'Witchblade' artifact (retalation) itself during the experimentation/manufacturing phase? And if so, where or how close was Masane to the incident when she was sought out as the new contractor?

Another question comes to mind if she was a test subject from the beginning who had escaped?

One of the things I remember in ep. 1 was what Masane says about the 'Child Welfare Agency'. "It's a lie." That's all you get from her, meaning somewhere in her memories lies the answers to what she may know about the agency. And while she's not saying anything and has bout fuzziness she may infact be knowledgeable on the matter but has supressed them for the time being.

When the social worker said that they found her among the catastrophe, she didn't even remember anything. We also know that from the mark on her arm she had already come into contact with the 'Witchblade' right around that incident. I'm thinking that they survived was because of the contract. Which also caused her to "blank out". Yet she held onto her child regardless of what she knew or didn't know. But she had to have been taken into their custody for them to get more info. The question is now

-If she was in their custody, how long was she there? If they said that she didn't claim her daughter as hers then why is that she has now? What lurks behind the scenes that Takeyama knows and other's don't. And what does the police dept. play in all this. We may know some info. about some things but there are still the little bits that make you question and wonder if other characters know about this as well or are they pawns.

As for Takeyama and Reina, they still seem to to be working together on something. But the photo does say a lot. As for Tozawa, nah he won't die. But yeah he does remind you of 'Akihiko' from 'Blood+ with a sweet tooth like Argeno (gawd I hate him!!).

Yep, the last thing 'Masane' wants is 'Takeyama' the guy that wouldn't give her a drink of water looking at her goods. As far as he's concerned he's seen many of goods in his doctor days. If you seen one you've seen them all. Hahahahaha!! But you have to laugh at his "hands-on-touch" of gently checking the patient's injuries. Yeah, I would be pissed too. But I found that too odd of her trying to "hit" up on him. Considering that she's always pissed at him. But then again he is attractive in a "moody-f**ing, pissed-off" sort of way. Who knows what's going through that head of hers. But then again because she's always fighting with him. She does probably see him as attractive. And she would like to see if she can get more out of him. Like smoothing out the wrinkles in a piece aluminum foil. But again he seems to admire her stature on this whole deal as well. Masane may be a "lacking" on some things but she's no dummy. As she's proven that she can "negotiate". But I have to admire her as a strong female character for keeping her composure in check. But then again I wonder if Takeyama has taking a liking to Masane. He seems to like her better when she's fired up.

Well, ep.7 will be airing soon. And if we're all lucky the "raw" will be up toward the end of the day or first thing tomorrow morning. Hell, I'm getting like WMasane, I can't go a week without getting my daily does of story action topped off with some cheesy fanservice. Hahaha!!

Oh one more thing, I found this interesting when I looked at 'Masane's full name. I had recognized the "kanji" for "heaven" in her name. The last name 'Amaha' when broken down becomes 'AMA'=heaven and 'HA'=feather. Whereas 'Masane breaks down to 'MASA=gracious, elegant and 'NE'=sound, voice or noisy. I figured with what they came up and the fact that the 'Witchblade's contractor is referred to as the 'Angel of Light' (taken from 'Witchblade #1), I had a feeling that they would come up with something that was close to the overall idea.