AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-07-25, 17:46   Link #321
pampz21
ShipCore

Did Xiao Wu died in the novel too? Just read the Manhua raw.?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-25, 20:09   Link #322
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I'm a little confused, how many spirit bones does he have right now and what do they do?
Old 2015-07-25, 20:25   Link #323
Dart-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
xiao wu dead?? BS, shes live n kicking in DD II

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
I'm a little confused, how many spirit bones does he have right now and what do they do?
so far 1 external n 1 head piece in the novel, the manhua states that he also gets a chest bone from his mom
edit: from what i see with BT moms bone is a right leg bone

Last edited by Dart-Sama; 2015-07-25 at 20:45.
Dart-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 06:05   Link #324
LevelSeven

Quote:
tang san?

at the end of the story he
Spoiler for spirit bones:

but this is only as far as i understood the spoilers from the doulou dalu wiki...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 08:03   Link #325
demonright

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Spoiler for Xiao Wu:
demonright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 08:06   Link #326
demonright

Quote:
If you follow the Manhua:

He has three now.

External Spirit Bone

Spirit Bone from competition -Basically better brain powers, concentration, purple demon eye evolves. Some others as well, but I don't remember very well.

His mothers Spirit Bone - Flight, and Healing/Regeneration

In the Novel:

He only has the external spirit bone and the spirit bone from the competition so far. He will get his mothers soon.
Old 2015-07-26, 08:23   Link #327
demonright

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Thank you for answering. I finished reading the spoiler doc, but I'm still left with questions.

1. Is it ever explained why the sea god trumps all the others or is it just some BS the author made up to make Tang San win?
2. What did Tang San do to get the pope's daughter to fall in love with him?
3. How can there be a million year whale when we were just told spirit beasts can only live 1000 years after hitting 100000 unless they take human form?
Sorry its late, I just saw this.

Answers:

1) Well I think its because the Sea God is one of the 5 "upper gods" they have the most power, also the sea god is like a guardian in the Gods realm. He keeps the peace etc, so he needs to be powerful. I think that's why he is so strong. I might be wrong though. But from what I read and understood, that's the only reason.

2) Tang San didn't do much to be fair. He only fought her. They didn't really have much of an interaction. When he fights her for the first time. He injures her severely. And she fell in love with him because of his superior talent (compared to her).

3)This is one of the great mysteries of the novel and the manuha. It really isn't explained properly. The only reason I can think of is that there must be some circumstances that enables the beast to live that long. Eg the 1 million year old spirit beast that the MC gets(or the beast chooses him to be exact) in DD2, the beast was frozen in ice for near 1,000,000 years. Do you know what I mean?
Old 2015-07-26, 12:56   Link #328
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonright View Post
3)This is one of the great mysteries of the novel and the manuha. It really isn't explained properly. The only reason I can think of is that there must be some circumstances that enables the beast to live that long. Eg the 1 million year old spirit beast that the MC gets(or the beast chooses him to be exact) in DD2, the beast was frozen in ice for near 1,000,000 years. Do you know what I mean?
the beast in DD2 wasnt frozen, he was sleeping, he ate some kind of super-ice-stone which is the best meal they can have and than he started sleeping, he did it until he became a 1.000.000 million years spirit beast...

btw, i think maybe this is the key, the beast needs to sleep and get super-energetic dishes which allow the 100.000+ bodys to work beyond its limits until it calms down and becomes stable :/

OR it is talent, like any other thing in DD and DD2, strength is everything, and the ones who are talented can reach stages FAR beyond that of anyone else...
maybe it simply is that the 1.000.000 years beasts have the talent (and destiny) to become one :/
Old 2015-07-26, 16:34   Link #329
bakato

Quote:
Sorry its late, I just saw this.

Answers:

1) Well I think its because the Sea God is one of the 5 "upper gods" they have the most power, also the sea god is like a guardian in the Gods realm. He keeps the peace etc, so he needs to be powerful. I think that's why he is so strong. I might be wrong though. But from what I read and understood, that's the only reason.

2) Tang San didn't do much to be fair. He only fought her. They didn't really have much of an interaction. When he fights her for the first time. He injures her severely. And she fell in love with him because of his superior talent (compared to her).

Thanks for answering.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-30, 05:32   Link #330
elroid

I think the 'years' used for describing the beasts are just a standard to describe how much time they usually need to reach that sort of level/strength. Many of the stronger ones doesn't actually lived that long but they have reach those standards through eating special ingredients like herb/other beast, living in special environment, etc.

For example, by the time of DD2, many of the special herbs that Tang San found in the poison guy's forest grew are able to grow into 100k years level and gain their own mentality and speak. Their age were actually much lesser than their level but they are able to grow to that standard thanks to the fire and ice fountain there.

Just done reading DD2.5 (the god realm story), seems like DD3 will start during beginning of next year or after the author finishes the current novel first. And it might be possible that there will be DD4? (or so the author says)
elroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-30, 07:54   Link #331
demonright

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroid View Post
I think the 'years' used for describing the beasts are just a standard to describe how much time they usually need to reach that sort of level/strength. Many of the stronger ones doesn't actually lived that long but they have reach those standards through eating special ingredients like herb/other beast, living in special environment, etc.

For example, by the time of DD2, many of the special herbs that Tang San found in the poison guy's forest grew are able to grow into 100k years level and gain their own mentality and speak. Their age were actually much lesser than their level but they are able to grow to that standard thanks to the fire and ice fountain there.

Just done reading DD2.5 (the god realm story), seems like DD3 will start during beginning of next year or after the author finishes the current novel first. And it might be possible that there will be DD4? (or so the author says)
Can you give a quick story of what happens in DD2 and DD2.5?

I had no idea about that, It does makes sense too. I mean considering how the beasts are hunted, I find it odd that some are able to survive for that long? do you know what I mean?
Old 2015-07-30, 07:55   Link #332
LevelSeven

Quote:
this only happened in SS2 where 10k spirit beasts used the 1000k worms energy in order to power up more quickly :/

Quote:
? i only read the translations but the immortal plants never got mentioned, exspecially that they somehow became 100k spirit beasts

Quote:
the DD2.5 is fanmade, at least this is what i hard in other places...
and, YES, more DD is always good...
i only hope that the author will include a thypical "reincarnation"-story with a MC from out world, would be cool to see his efforts (or, different than the current ones, the new MC suddenly gets born as a spirit beast and needs to power up through that )
Old 2015-07-30, 09:19   Link #333
elroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
this only happened in SS2 where 10k spirit beasts used the 1000k worms energy in order to power up more quickly :/
this setting was mentioned many times in SS2 actually as spirit beast plays a little more roles this time. Giving another example, in the spirit forest, theres also a sacred beast that could grant fortune to the forest and allowing all the inhabitants in the forest to be able to grow in a much faster rate like a few times or something. In the core area of forest theres also a lake of life owned by the top beast of the forest, the life energy of the lake water has similar effects for the growth of living things too.

Quote:
? i only read the translations but the immortal plants never got mentioned, exspecially that they somehow became 100k spirit beasts
iirc almost every time the mc went into the forest cave that has those herbs, this setting about the plants and its environment is mentioned one way or another. But anyway, generally aside from some special species, most spirit beasts requires 100k year level to be able to start speaking. 1k~xxk years only allows them to start growing mentality or intelligence.

Quote:
the DD2.5 is fanmade, at least this is what i hard in other places...
and, YES, more DD is always good...
i only hope that the author will include a thypical "reincarnation"-story with a MC from out world, would be cool to see his efforts (or, different than the current ones, the new MC suddenly gets born as a spirit beast and needs to power up through that )
the god realm's one is an official one. Well, officially it is called 外传, which normally means spinoff or side stories. It also has its own published version and manhua version like other works. I'm calling it 2.5 because its time line is set after 2 and it is a prequel for 3

Spoiler for SS2.5:

Your last guess might be true one way or another
Spoiler for SS3:

Last edited by elroid; 2015-07-30 at 10:57.
Old 2015-07-30, 11:19   Link #334
LevelSeven

Quote:
this setting was mentioned many times in SS2 actually as spirit beast plays a little more roles this time.
you mean in DD3?
Quote:
Giving another example, in the spirit forest, theres also a sacred beast that could grant fortune to the forest and allowing all the inhabitants in the forest to be able to grow in a much faster rate like a few times or something. In the core area of forest theres also a lake of life owned by the top beast of the forest, the life energy of the lake water has similar effects for the growth of living things too.
is this DD2.5 or in DD?
Quote:
iirc almost every time the mc went into the forest cave that has those herbs, this setting about the plants and its environment is mentioned one way or another. But anyway, generally aside from some special species, most spirit beasts requires 100k year level to be able to start speaking. 1k~xxk years only allows them to start growing mentality or intelligence.
wasnt 10k needed for human thinking and 100k for human speech? and everything above gives them more depth in mind?
Quote:
the god realm's one is an official one. Well, officially it is called 外传, which normally means spinoff or side stories. It also has its own published version and manhua version like other works. I'm calling it 2.5 because its time line is set after 2 and it is a prequel for 3
cool, now i only wish i had the website where this is translated :/
Quote:
Spoiler for SS2.5:
i ddnt read the full DD story since it isnt translated until the end, therefore i wont ask much but a few things:
does "being lvl 100" make someone a god?,
will the "gods" age? im sure they arent truly immortal
where is this "god realm", is it some kind of alternate dimension? or simply a place "to far for human to reach" like the olymp?
Quote:
my wish was actually to see a MC who got revived in a spirit beast body, than, after 100k(or 1000k) years he becomes a human and gets strongr after that XD
Quote:
Spoiler for SS3:
sounds great, and i can already see that the MC will be tang san + DD2 MC,
he will mostlikely have a superpowerful spirit and inhuman cultivation, and since technology etc got enhanced i doubt that there will be a lack of powerful enemies
Old 2015-07-30, 12:42   Link #335
demonright

"i ddnt read the full DD story since it isnt translated until the end, therefore i wont ask much but a few things:
where is this "god realm", is it some kind of alternate dimension? or simply a place "to far for human to reach" like the olymp?"

Sorry Level Seven, when I edited it, I accidentally cut out the quoting bit.

Spoiler for To achieve status of a god:

Spoiler for Aging of Gods:

I am not sure you where it exactly is, but the god realm is some where you can watch over the events of combat continent and control weather etc or certain activities. So like you said maybe a separate dimension?

Last edited by demonright; 2015-07-30 at 13:04.
Old 2015-07-30, 12:43   Link #336
elroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
you mean in DD3?
In DD2. They have more roles in the story compared to DD1.

Quote:
is this DD2.5 or in DD?
Still DD2.

Quote:
wasnt 10k needed for human thinking and 100k for human speech? and everything above gives them more depth in mind?
Yeah that. Not sure how to describe them just now. imo the phase from 10k to 100k already develops most of the depth needed for their mind.

Quote:
cool, now i only wish i had the website where this is translated :/

i ddnt read the full DD story since it isnt translated until the end, therefore i wont ask much but a few things:
where is this "god realm", is it some kind of alternate dimension? or simply a place "to far for human to reach" like the olymp?
when one reaches the ultimate level in their world (lvl 100 for combat continent), he transcends into a god. Other worlds might have diff system or level scaling but when he reaches the final level he will transcends into a god.
havent read other works of the same author so im not really sure how they works tho.
The Gods won't age so they are technically immortal, unless they are killed by someone else. The act of killing Gods is a huge crime and the one who does it will receive divine punishment so normally it wont happen either.
the god's realm works more like olympia, but it connects with many dimensions/worlds instead of only one.
Old 2015-07-30, 12:47   Link #337
elroid

Quote:
Spoiler for To achieve status of a god:

The gods do age, however the time in the gods realm is much slower than the time in combat continent. Gods for over 5000 years in the god realm.
Iirc the god's seat and trails of god are the requirement for those in lv99 to reach lvl 100. Might be wrong tho. iirc most people were stucked in lvl 99 because they werent picked by any god's to begin with so they cant reach the last level
Old 2015-07-30, 12:56   Link #338
demonright

Quote:
this setting was mentioned many times in SS2 actually as spirit beast plays a little more roles this time. Giving another example, in the spirit forest, theres also a sacred beast that could grant fortune to the forest and allowing all the inhabitants in the forest to be able to grow in a much faster rate like a few times or something. In the core area of forest theres also a lake of life owned by the top beast of the forest, the life energy of the lake water has similar effects for the growth of living things too.

Spoiler for SS2.5:

Spoiler for SS3:

Can you just spoil what happens in DD2? Is Wu Tong, Xiao Wu's and Tang San's daughter? So who is Tang Ya? I have been looking for spoilers, however I can't find any, and the story for DD2 is only translated every 2/3 weeks, and its only on chapter 7 now.
Old 2015-07-30, 13:02   Link #339
demonright

Quote:
Iirc the god's seat and trails of god are the requirement for those in lv99 to reach lvl 100. Might be wrong tho. iirc most people were stucked in lvl 99 because they werent picked by any god's to begin with so they cant reach the last level
Well I am not too sure, the only two people on rank 99 are Qian Dialou and Biao Xi or something. They can't become successors, because they worship their gods or something, however Tang Chen was rank 100, however he dies because he failed his trials to become the successor of the Asura God. Thats why I am confused, I know for a must you need to be a rank 100 to be a god. I am confused with the explanation the author gave. Tang Chen reached level 100, yet failed to be a god.

Thanks for the spoiler for the Gods Realm btw . Where are you reading DD2 and DD2.5?
Whats "Iirc"?
Old 2015-07-30, 13:21   Link #340
elroid

Quote:
Well I am not too sure, the only two people on rank 99 are Qian Dialou and Biao Xi or something. They can't become successors, because they worship their gods or something, however Tang Chen was rank 100, however he dies because he failed his trials to become the successor of the Asura God. Thats why I am confused, I know for a must you need to be a rank 100 to be a god. I am confused with the explanation the author gave. Tang Chen reached level 100, yet failed to be a god.

Thanks for the spoiler for the Gods Realm btw . Where are you reading DD2 and DD2.5?
Whats "Iirc"?
Cant rmb what rank was Tang Chen but i rmb he can be considered as half god.

I read both 2 and 2.5 in raws. For DD2 i read it with an online novel app, on the other hand 2.5 was from the first link i found in google lol. The summary i posted is a very diluted one so many things were omitted so its best if u can read it yourself

Wu Tong is indeed the daughter of Tang San and Xiao Wu. hmm I think I spoiled 1 of the more important part of the story, even though it should be quite obvious by that time... As for Tang Ya, I'm not sure either. She's only mentioned as the descendant and also is the current master of Tang Men, but it doesn't seem like she is directly related to Tang San blood wise. There's no actual explanation in the story.

Tags
fantasy