AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think is behind the mystery?
There is a rational reason behind all of this. 140 74.87%
There is definitely something supernatural at hand. 47 25.13%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-15, 11:19   Link #341
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
OK, I read some of the tips for episode six and I need to put forward my pet theories.

Spoiler:
Has anyone seen Mahoraba? Takano Miyo's character is very similar to the Bucho; lover of the occult with a dab of masochism. Perhaps Miyo wanted to become a victim herself because of her obsession with Hinamizawa's past? That's yet another possibility that you cannot write off at this moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choia
Another question I have, based on the TIPS, is why the padlock on the storeroom was changed in the first place. Was it all a cunning trap to lure Tomitake and Takano?
That one will be explained very soon (maybe in the next episode).
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 13:50   Link #342
Freak Of Nature
Translator / iitran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Has anyone seen Mahoraba? Takano Miyo's character is very similar to the Bucho
Ahaha.... Mahoraba is one of my favourite anime (as anyone who's looked in the thread for it will know -- although I used to have more posts in there, before the forums were vandalized last year), and the Buchou is my favourite character from the series.
Freak Of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 16:08   Link #343
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 19:39   Link #344
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Spoiler for Regarding something between Keiichi and Oyashiro-sama:
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 20:19   Link #345
FubaredByAnime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish Marine
Spoiler for Regarding something between Keiichi and Oyashiro-sama:
Let's not jump the gun on this one. We have yet to finish the Watanagashi chapter and K-boy hasn't bitten the dust yet.
FubaredByAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 01:02   Link #346
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

I'm actually surprised that no one has yet made the connection of those poems by Frederica Bernkastel to a certain character yet.

HINT: "Frederica"
Old 2006-05-16, 02:38   Link #347
Sumudu

Neat!

Just say it 10 times fast

What is the significance of "Bernkastel" though?
Sumudu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 02:41   Link #348
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Quote:
I'm actually surprised that no one has yet made the connection of those poems by Frederica Bernkastel to a certain character yet.

OoO!! Is...is it...?

Spoiler:
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 04:47   Link #349
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

But didn't Ryukishi07 deny that in the Encyclopedia Hinamizawa from the visual fanbook? ^^;
Spoiler:

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-16 at 09:06.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 10:20   Link #350
FubaredByAnime

Quote:

Wow, KJ, you must really want more discussion on this board to have mentioned this. I figured this out a while ago and wanted to talk about it, but due to a lack on info, I figured I would wait until at least the 2nd arc was done.

But to whet some of your appetites on this topic, here's a PM discussion I had with Sushi-Y after he listed the complete set of poems on the Q/A thread. Spoiler, of course.

Spoiler:

Edited:
Looks like Sushi-Y beat me to the punch with his comment.

Last edited by FubaredByAnime; 2006-05-16 at 10:56.
Old 2006-05-16, 11:02   Link #351
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Yes, but it does make it interesting doesn't it? Besides, the correlation between Frederica and __________ can be taken many ways, like ______________ speaking through ________________.

AND PLEASE, NO SPOILERS FOR THOSE BLANKS!
Old 2006-05-16, 11:54   Link #352
FubaredByAnime

It's interesting to note how the anime's omission of Frederica Bernkastel's poems affects the entire atmosphere of the show. If someone just watches eps 1-4, he/she will more likely to believe that there are natural causes. It was the poems that have put me in the supernatural camp and that lead me to believe that

Spoiler:

However, as the Onikushi arc didn't focus on that character and Watanagashi has yet to finish, there's not much more for me to go on, so I wanted to hold off until 2 more eps to give my suspicions.
Old 2006-05-16, 15:33   Link #353
FubaredByAnime

I just realized this small detail that no one seemed to have caught on yet and hence should break an assumption I think some of us are working off of.

Tomitake helped Takano break into the shed for Watanagashi, but he couldn't have in the previous story because he was taking pictures of Rika then. So unless he's the Flash, he couldn't have been cursed because of being near the shed. I can't speak for Takano and her whereabouts, but it does seem odd how in the previous arc when we first meet Takano, she doens't mention anything about bloodthirsty demons and disembowelments.

Well, something to keep in mind as we watch more.
Old 2006-05-16, 16:01   Link #354
choia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime
I just realized this small detail that no one seemed to have caught on yet and hence should break an assumption I think some of us are working off of.

Tomitake helped Takano break into the shed for Watanagashi, but he couldn't have in the previous story because he was taking pictures of Rika then. So unless he's the Flash, he couldn't have been cursed because of being near the shed. I can't speak for Takano and her whereabouts, but it does seem odd how in the previous arc when we first meet Takano, she doens't mention anything about bloodthirsty demons and disembowelments.

Well, something to keep in mind as we watch more.
Also,
Spoiler:
I think it's safe to assume they never broke into the storehouse in the first arc. At least not together.
choia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 16:09   Link #355
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by choia
Also,
Spoiler:
I think it's safe to assume they never broke into the storehouse in the first arc. At least not together.
Couldn't it be that in this current arc (Watanagashi-hen)

Spoiler:
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 16:15   Link #356
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Then again, here's a curveball for you guys:

How do you know that Takana wasn't burned alive in Onikakushi-hen? You can't throw out the possibility that the police just couldn't find her charred remains in that chapter. Hey a person could actually be murdered and if no one can't find the remains, that person remains "missing."

Sometimes, it takes to "reverse a conception" in solving a mystery, ala from Naruhodou Ryuiichi from Gyakuten Saiban (I believe this game is released in the U.S. as Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)
Old 2006-05-16, 16:21   Link #357
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Then again, here's a curveball for you guys:

How do you know that Takana wasn't burned alive in Onikakushi-hen? You can't throw out the possibility that the police just couldn't find her charred remains in that chapter.

Sometimes, it takes to "reverse a conception" in solving a mystery, ala from Naruhodo Ryuiichi from Gyakuten Saiban (I believe this game is released in the U.S. as Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)
Yeah, I was actually considering that option as well. Which would imply that if Shion (or Mion) knows that much it means that she's somehow involved with Takano's murder then. I suppose we'll find out more about this in episode 7 if Oishi attempts to talk to Keiichi again just like he did in Onikakushi-hen (hoping it'll get subbed by the end of this week, sadly my knowledge of japanese is rather poor).
Old 2006-05-16, 17:45   Link #358
Morgri

Maybe this is a option?

Spoiler:
Morgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 01:13   Link #359
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou
Couldn't it be that in this current arc (Watanagashi-hen)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 04:23   Link #360
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I think a very small theory is begin to form in my head regarding this arc (I still haven't watched episode 7 so I might be proved wrong eh):

Spoiler: