AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-08-06, 22:06   Link #581
iNoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Just so your not taken by surprise, Saten Ruiko only appears in railgun series, and is only hinted in the light novel.

True that the railgun series does an OK job on Mikoto's friends. Though I think officially its a spin off/side story to the novel. It does follow the sister arc to how it was in the novel. Overall, I think the Railgun series would have been more worth it if it had followed novel's story line a bit more.

I wonder if they'll ever do Index III, they have so much material they need to do a 26 episode season, probably enough to finish the OT novel.
Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it .

So much stuff to do this month; Index II, Railgun S, Railgun movie > Light Novels [50 or more volumes in total].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
Well if you enjoy Railgun then that's fine, I was raising it as the two seasons are so very, very different. Sadly I couldn't bring myself to like the first one.

Index is better in the novels, all of the characters are. The story is too, like that second arc (where Touma and Styil infiltrate the cram school), most of that novel was cut, it's really grim, psychotic and dark in the novels. So it's all worth reading over.
Was it IMPORTANT information that will be used later on? Like foreshadowing?
Old 2015-08-07, 10:41   Link #582
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNoto View Post
Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it .

So much stuff to do this month; Index II, Railgun S, Railgun movie > Light Novels [50 or more volumes in total].

Was it IMPORTANT information that will be used later on? Like foreshadowing?
Not that I can think of, but what I felt was important is that they cut the most entertaining element of the novel and left the less exciting part of it.
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 13:45   Link #583
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNoto View Post
Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it .Was it IMPORTANT information that will be used later on? Like foreshadowing?
There's initial info about Magic Gods in early volumes, but that doesn't come into play until much later. Volume 2 makes it clear that the dragon from Deep Blood arc wasn't just Izzard's imagination. You will also miss a few explanations about how things work and Aleister Crowley that were omitted in the anime. If you have the time I suggest you read them to get the whole picture and avoid being confused later.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 15:44   Link #584
Fizix
Nitpicking

I'm just going to elaborate on some of the differences in volume 2 in how the characters are represented.

*spoilers, kind of, talking in broad strokes*

The novels really build the character relationships and kind of differently. Like Index is quite over familiar and Touma sort of struggles with her. There is this whole section where he is trying to figure out their friendship and she is, more or less, a chore for him. You don't get any of that in the anime.

Same with Styil, when he appears in that volume there is this whole "should I be trusting this guy" thing and Touma is noticeably worried about what his life was like pre memory loss. He questions who is was.

Then the section in the cram school is much bigger, the whole "front for a religious cult" thing is worked into it differently and it becomes psychotic, turning into a blood bath. This changes the tone of that volume entirely.

This kind of thing runs through the novels and it makes a big, big difference to the characters. They won't be unrecognisable if you switch over to the novels where the anime left off, but the difference in characterisation, their relationships, tone and how they approach each other will be noticeable if you don't.
Old 2015-08-09, 00:52   Link #585
iNoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
Not that I can think of, but what I felt was important is that they cut the most entertaining element of the novel and left the less exciting part of it.
I just finished watching the second season of Index and oh man! I was yelling when accelerator was getting beat left and right... he's being nerfed so bad -_- for some reason it just doesn't fit his character... i want to see accelerator back -.-

Tomorrow i'm going to start railgun S so i can watch the movie then jump into the light novels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
There's initial info about Magic Gods in early volumes, but that doesn't come into play until much later. Volume 2 makes it clear that the dragon from Deep Blood arc wasn't just Izzard's imagination. You will also miss a few explanations about how things work and Aleister Crowley that were omitted in the anime. If you have the time I suggest you read them to get the whole picture and avoid being confused later.
Sounds good.
Old 2015-08-09, 06:05   Link #586
tsunade666

eh nerfted? Accelerator is still the strongest esper. He is just crippled right now.

True, his nerfted but its not that bad. It just gave him time limit on rampage hell.
Old 2015-08-09, 16:43   Link #587
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
eh nerfted? Accelerator is still the strongest esper. He is just crippled right now.

True, his nerfted but its not that bad. It just gave him time limit on rampage hell.
Plus he gets his "wings", he gets his shit back together. I wouldn't call him nerfed either, just balanced so that he can function alongside the others without it being stupid (like whatever it is, just throw accelerator at it). Big power, time limitation.
Old 2015-08-12, 23:11   Link #588
entei08

Regarding St Germain's punching-holes-in-people magic, does that actually cause lasting damage or does the holes close once the spears pass through?
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 23:37   Link #589
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

We will never know as that issues wasn't given focus.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 06:41   Link #590
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Lol Kamachi made more questions than answers in that volume XD.
Old 2015-08-13, 08:12   Link #591
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
Regarding St Germain's punching-holes-in-people magic, does that actually cause lasting damage or does the holes close once the spears pass through?
There is an answer for that question. St Germain is able to do it in a way that causes no lasting damage, since the people who had holes opened by its magic in its first confrontation with Touma returned to normal once it decided grabbing Kanou was more important.
Spoiler for St Germain Magic:
Now, if the question is if it could cause harm with it by deciding to not close the holes, there's no actual evidence either way since the "make a tunnel" is only a way for the spikes to reach their targets (the real attacks are the spikes). Common sense would say that yes, it's likely possible for it to do so.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 22:22   Link #592
entei08

Prior to the reveal of Rikou's potential ability, did it ever say that Accel was the ONLY esper capable of achieving Level 6?
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 23:17   Link #593
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I think the series said that Accelerator would have the best chance of reaching level 6 first, according to tree diagram.
Old 2015-08-19, 00:56   Link #594
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
Prior to the reveal of Rikou's potential ability, did it ever say that Accel was the ONLY esper capable of achieving Level 6?
As far as i know only gensei said this, it contradicts with kakine as plan B, nervermind, what do you mean with "rikous potential"? That she can bevome a Lvl6 too? Because until now it was only confirmed that she could become a Lvl5 (and the strongest Lvl5 to boot) :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 01:25   Link #595
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Accelerator is the best/fastest chance of getting to Level 6, but not the only one. The others would take 400 years or something if by themselves.

Rikou goes beyond that because they hypothesize that she could give and take their abilities.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 09:02   Link #596
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Accelerator is the best/fastest chance of getting to Level 6, but not the only one. The others would take 400 years or something if by themselves.
? this goes against what was stated in railgun, otherwise mikoto wouldnt have been doomed to death, if what you said is correct than, (since the experiment only gave more calculation powers (which should show up later too)) it should simply end with her as Lvl6...
instead gensei said that she will collapse, accel doesnt seem to be the fastest but instead the only choice for the creation of a "save"-lvl6
Quote:
Rikou goes beyond that because they hypothesize that she could give and take their abilities.
they said that she can give Lvl0's Lvl5 abilitys
(which dont make sense unless she can also enhance calculation powers, because, giving someone accels abilitys wont result in them being able to use that power, i wonder if it would result in anything :/),
and she can take the ability of others away...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 09:09   Link #597
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Is that restricted to purely espers or is it anyone with abilities like the magic side. But I doubt she would affect Touma because he's an unknown category like how Hideoyoshi is considered both male and female by looks.
Old 2015-08-19, 09:48   Link #598
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Is that restricted to purely espers or is it anyone with abilities like the magic side. But I doubt she would affect Touma because he's an unknown category like how Hideoyoshi is considered both male and female by looks.
Pretty sure it's just esper powers.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 20:07   Link #599
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
? this goes against what was stated in railgun, otherwise mikoto wouldnt have been doomed to death, if what you said is correct than, (since the experiment only gave more calculation powers (which should show up later too)) it should simply end with her as Lvl6...
instead gensei said that she will collapse, accel doesnt seem to be the fastest but instead the only choice for the creation of a "save"-lvl6
Anything that forces you to go beyond your current abilities in oneshot tends to do that.

Even Accelerator's program would have taken him several years to complete depending on the rate of experiments per week.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 20:50   Link #600
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I wonder how long did tree diagram said it would take for him to finish this program called level 6 shift. By the time Touma came into the picture, he was over half way done killing off the clones.

Tags
memories, q&a