Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-08, 14:08   Link #121
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
It was a shock to see two stories from the translated manga in episode 05 - but imo they're both two amazing stories that go well together.

For starters - who would have thought just seeing the train under the Sakura tree could bring a few tear to my eyes.. heartwarming over-load! >____<
Loved the two stories, but I couldn't help but think the train story was heavily influenced from Spirited Away. Even the walk through the tunnel (the low angle) was almost exactly like the start of the film.

This isn't a real complaint as it was a great episode...
Old 2006-05-08, 16:28   Link #122
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I couldn't help but think the train story was heavily influenced from Spirited Away. Even the walk through the tunnel (the low angle) was almost exactly like the start of the film.
From time to time in anime, or even movies - you'd get a scene that would remind someone of another scene from something else.. its probably just a coincidence. ^^
Old 2006-05-08, 16:45   Link #123
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
From time to time in anime, or even movies - you'd get a scene that would remind someone of another scene from something else.. its probably just a coincidence. ^^
I like to think it's a homage rather than just a coincidence. I've seen numerous other Ghibli homages/influences in this season of Aria in particular too...
Old 2006-05-09, 06:17   Link #124
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

OMG! How did I not find out that episode 4 was released until today?

Anyway, exceptionally feel-good episode... even for ARIA's standards. This probably wasn't quite as good as the previous three episodes, but it was still highly enjoyable nonetheless. Akari continues to be exceptionally cute, and dressed-up Aika was awesome. If there's anything ARIA never fails to do, it's putting a smile on my face.

Now, off to watch the next episode.

Edit: Episode 5. Another great episode. That had a cute little message, similar to the ones that were a trademark of the first series. And I'd guess President Aria lost at least one of his lives there.

Last edited by Sorrow-K; 2006-05-09 at 06:43.
Old 2006-05-15, 20:38   Link #125
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

I'm really glad to be done with finals (though I still have a little bit of makeup work to finish).

Let's celebrate!
Old 2006-05-16, 02:32   Link #126
kron

Quote:
Loved the two stories, but I couldn't help but think the train story was heavily influenced from Spirited Away. Even the walk through the tunnel (the low angle) was almost exactly like the start of the film.

This isn't a real complaint as it was a great episode...
perhaps it's the other way round : p i think the manga version came out before spirited away
Old 2006-05-16, 04:02   Link #127
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kron
perhaps it's the other way round : p i think the manga version came out before spirited away
According to Wikipedia Aria the manga debuted 10 November 2002, Spirited Away premiered in July the previous year.

This hardly matters though; I'm not faulting Aria in anyway just pointing out some of it's influences....
Old 2006-05-16, 05:11   Link #128
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
I'm really glad to be done with finals (though I still have a little bit of makeup work to finish).

Let's celebrate!
I like the way you celebrate! Please celebrate some more with episode 7.

Episode 6 was nothing special, yet is was incredibly special. I love it when an Aria episode blows me away without anything happening. This was just such a lazy, meaningful, life just happening episode. With a perfect and uplifiting moral. I'd say the moral, but unfortunately "embarassing lines are prohibited."

I was also relieved to discover that President Maa is in fact biting President Aria's chubby tummy. I was under the mistaken impression that he was biting a certain other part of the anatomy. It is a great relief to discover that something so painful was not taking place after all.

A final note: Alice really did look like a Princess with that flower in her hair. She is just stunningly beautiful, and sooo elegant.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-05-16, 07:28   Link #129
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

This was a very traditional ARIA episode, with a subtle, yet profound little message and some really cute character development. Nothing special in the great scheme of ARIA episodes, but absolutely adorable nonetheless... err, I mean totally adorable.

On the technical side of things, I'm a little disappointed with the noticeable drop in production values, but I really dug the piano version "Undine" in the bath scene. I've also noticed that this series hasn't put the spotlight on Neo-Venezia and allowed it to shine the way the first series did.
Old 2006-05-16, 08:24   Link #130
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode six was really good classic Aria.. mainly just for good old Athena. ^^;

It was nice to hear a piano version of 'Undine', the first seasons OP - shall be happy when that appears on the new OST.
Old 2006-05-16, 11:21   Link #131
Quasar Singularity

Yet another note on the technical side of things, is it me, or did they accidentally introduce earth's moon to Aqua? Or is it just a "wall painting" that looks real in the bath scene?
Old 2006-05-16, 12:08   Link #132
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
According to Wikipedia Aria the manga debuted 10 November 2002, Spirited Away premiered in July the previous year.

This hardly matters though; I'm not faulting Aria in anyway just pointing out some of it's influences....
Is that the ARIA manga's debut, or the AQUA manga? ARIA as a manga was a sequel series created when Mag Garden was formed from the Enix split.
Old 2006-05-16, 17:07   Link #133
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just watched the first special - didn't even though anything like that was coming out.

It was nice, also its good for anyone who's new to Aria, and hasen't seen Aria. The Animation. ^^
Old 2006-05-16, 17:09   Link #134
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Just saw the special. It was a really sweet sort of intro to the second season. Can you tell me when and how this aired? Was it a commercial or what?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-05-16, 17:12   Link #135
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Apparently it aired after the 6th episode of the 2nd season aired in Japan on the AT-X channel. It's supposed to be a 5m12s promotional video.
Old 2006-05-16, 17:13   Link #136
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Can you tell me when and how this aired? Was it a commercial or what?
Judging from the sub's near the start i'm saying it was a commmercial on whatever channel Aria is shown - but that fact that its the first one makes you believe that they'll appear on the DVD's.

Edit: Gaah, i was beaten.
Old 2006-05-16, 19:32   Link #137
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Episode 6 was amazing. They animated something from volume 7 of the manga, never thought they'll take such new material out to show.

Alice gets great character development, and Athena proves to be a great mentor.

Now, if they only animate
Spoiler:

ARIA will be one of the best anime of this year.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-05-17, 07:49   Link #138
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

May I post this?

Undine Blade Works
Old 2006-05-17, 09:54   Link #139
Woland
Latin Rascal

Episode 6 has the first real "bad Italian" of the whole serie so far... too bad because it was quite accurate until now (well, I'm probably not the one who can speak ^_^;

this quote is from Alice's invitation:

Quote:
Invito del Partito interno di accoppiamento dell'azienda
Quite and embarassing line, I must say #^_^#

Partito is the italian for "party" (with the political mean of the term) so I guess it's a mistake with the term of "committee" (comitato).

But what make me laugh is "accoppiamento", really, because is the term for the english "coupling" but in the common language it's used with the meaning of "breeding/reproduction".

So I can roughly translate that line with "Invitation from company's internal party of the breeding(coupling)"

Now we all know the real reason behind Alice reluctance
Old 2006-05-17, 15:27   Link #140
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

awesome pic Sunsh

should be Unlimited Paddle Works =D
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, hal, science fiction, seinen, slice of life