AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-08-16, 19:11   Link #381
Pierre

You know I thought for kicks they would pair Medusa with the ice guy, but I do like her with Xiao Yan.

Although what happens to alternate personality of the little rainbow snake?

Also can someone kind of explain the connection between the first two works and the third? The thing that is throwing me off is that the third work sounds like it takes the strongest characters of the other worlds and throws them into some god tier world, but so far what I have seen in the manhua including the main character, the people in that world don't strike me as particularly strong.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 19:23   Link #382
s.a.w..

Although I don't know about that, might it be like Stellar Transformations?
Spoiler:
s.a.w.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 05:08   Link #383
Amario

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.a.w.. View Post
What does each essence flame do?
The fact that your asking this question means you have not read it properly so I would advise reading it again i.e. the novel or manhua.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.a.w.. View Post
What happens when the essence flames fuse? Do the create a whole new power? Or is it a fusion of the powers? Details for the win!
Before answering that you should know by now that only one essence flame can exist inside a human no more than that however for Xiao Yan he learnt the "Terminal Blaze" (a little odd since in the novel the wording I would have used is "Immolation Blaze") an extremely rare technique which allows one to advance their level using "Essence flames" as the basis however before Xiao Yan this was only a theory Yao Lao came up which never actually been tested until Xiao Yan. The fusing of essence flames allows for a whole new possibility in power and rank plus if you have read the manhua you have seen a demonstrations of the capabilities it has i.e. "Buddha's Fury"etc.

Receptarior's are the ones that gave essence flame rankings and there are 23 known essence flames they are:
Spoiler:

Hmm I can't recall exactly in the novel but I am sure it was said before that to absorb one of the top 10 essence flames the minimum requirements was Dou Huang (7th ranked or above) although the top 3 ranked had a higher set of requirements.

Its later on Xiao Yan learns the truth about the essence flames i.e the true origins about them. Even I was surprised by the truth about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
You know I thought for kicks they would pair Medusa with the ice guy, but I do like her with Xiao Yan.

Also can someone kind of explain the connection between the first two works and the third? The thing that is throwing me off is that the third work sounds like it takes the strongest characters of the other worlds and throws them into some god tier world, but so far what I have seen in the manhua including the main character, the people in that world don't strike me as particularly strong.
No, that could never happen Pai Dong is still in love with his prior love or rather it can only ever be her for him.

It was always going to be Xiao Yan for Medusa from what I have read the author went into detail with the relationship between them. Out of all the heroines (this is includes Xun Er) Medusa is the one where the author goes more in depth with. Although if were talking who Xian Yan had best chemistry it would definitely go to the "Medical Fairy" Xiao Yi Xian.

About the different works which leads Xiao Yan (BTTH) and Lin Dong (WDQK) coming to a whole new world with Mu Chen (DZZ). To summarize both Xian Yan and Lin Dong who were at the peak in their world are now in a different realm where they meet Mu Chen it is here that the two realize that reaching their peaks in their world doesn't mean the same in this alternate one where they both learn they can transcend to a higher level. While it is true that DZZ brings them altogether before that as you can in the manhua it focuses on the protagonist Mu Chen first as he raises amongst ranks before meeting the two legends.
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 16:29   Link #384
rickiminato

What are the different abilities of the ten dou levels?
Example: dou grandmaster can create a armor
Dou spirits weapons and dou kings can make wings and fly, what about the othres?
Old 2015-08-18, 21:11   Link #385
whsie

Quote:

The author would never match Medusa with Pai Dong if for no other reason that Medusa is much, much stronger than Pai Dong (husbands have to be stronger than wives in the snake clans) and Pai Dong is extremely afraid of her. While Medusa does have a sizable lead on Xiao Yan, he nearly closes the gap just before their first separation. After their reunion, Xiao Yan returns much stronger than Medusa.

Also as mentioned, the relationship between Medusa and Xiao Yan is the most developed of all the female characters except for maybe The Medical Fairy. There's a very clear trajectory in their relationship that constantly changes over the course of 500 chapters. I thought the author did an excellent job of fleshing out the relationship.

The little snake went over to someone else. Take a guess.

Spoiler for Setting of the 3rd novel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
What are the different abilities of the ten dou levels?
Example: dou grandmaster can create a armor
Dou spirits weapons and dou kings can make wings and fly, what about the othres?
Spoiler for some characteristics:

Last edited by whsie; 2015-08-18 at 22:31.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 21:18   Link #386
rickiminato

Can you give me spoilers or names of the others novels of author
Old 2015-08-18, 21:39   Link #387
whsie

Quote:
Can you give me spoilers or names of the others novels of author
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2015-08-19, 00:08   Link #388
Pierre

Don't get me wrong I like Medusa, she is probably my favorite, either her or the white haired Yun La Sect girl. Is just that typical of say maybe Japanese or Western works for a joke they would pair together a pairing that hate each ie the cat and mouse.

One other question, do the manhua, at least in the case of BTTH cover all of the original novel? If not I can switch to the novel version.
Old 2015-08-19, 00:43   Link #389
luffyxnami

I have a question I want to ask. I just check out dzz manhua and it talk about xiao yan killing yun tian, who is that?
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 01:29   Link #390
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
I have a question I want to ask. I just check out dzz manhua and it talk about xiao yan killing yun tian, who is that?
They completely mistranslated that. The page you're talking is probably the one I embedded in my second to last post. If I had translated it,
Spoiler for some ending spoilers:
Old 2015-08-19, 01:50   Link #391
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
They completely mistranslated that. The page you're talking is probably the one I embedded in my second to last post. If I had translated it,
Spoiler for some ending spoilers:
Ohh, ok thanks for clarifying that, I did find it weird when they said he reach saint rank, he was suppose to be god rank so I was kinda confuse there, but now this clear it up, it's only a mistranslation.
Old 2015-08-19, 21:04   Link #392
Mechatrill

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I like Medusa, she is probably my favorite, either her or the white haired Yun La Sect girl. Is just that typical of say maybe Japanese or Western works for a joke they would pair together a pairing that hate each ie the cat and mouse.

One other question, do the manhua, at least in the case of BTTH cover all of the original novel? If not I can switch to the novel version.
Yes and no.

It does a fairly good job of covering the important events that happened in the novel, but there are a number of minor differences, most obvious being how the manga tends to add or change small events for more comedy, although there are others...

That said, the manga is nowhere near complete (I might call it a third of the way, being generous at that).

This is if you're reading the raws though. The translated stuff... I'm not too sure which is further ahead...
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 23:45   Link #393
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Yes and no.

It does a fairly good job of covering the important events that happened in the novel, but there are a number of minor differences, most obvious being how the manga tends to add or change small events for more comedy, although there are others...

That said, the manga is nowhere near complete (I might call it a third of the way, being generous at that).

This is if you're reading the raws though. The translated stuff... I'm not too sure which is further ahead...
So its ongoing? Ie the mangaka is still writing it. I figured a lot of these series were done and they were just catching up to the backlog.
Old 2015-08-20, 01:32   Link #394
rickiminato

What are the most powerfull essence flame who has xiao yan?
Old 2015-08-20, 14:02   Link #395
Mechatrill

Quote:
So its ongoing? Ie the mangaka is still writing it. I figured a lot of these series were done and they were just catching up to the backlog.
Yeah, manga's incomplete. Not even a third of the way though...

Novel's done though.
Old 2015-08-20, 14:42   Link #396
saw2097

Quote:
What are the most powerfull essence flame who has xiao yan?
Spoiler for Strongest Flame MC has:
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-20, 19:53   Link #397
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
Spoiler for Strongest Flame MC has:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2015-08-20, 21:49   Link #398
luffyxnami

I have a question, does any one manage to get the number 1 ranking essence flame?
Old 2015-08-21, 00:40   Link #399
Pierre

Quote:
I have a question, does any one manage to get the number 1 ranking essence flame?
There might be an off chance Xun Er gets it, but if the strongest character in the series doesn't get it, Xiao Yan, I feel like no one probably got it.

How does it work in the Chinese scene. Is the author of the novel the same as the author of the manga, or are they two separate people?
Old 2015-08-21, 01:06   Link #400
Mechatrill

Quote:
This is a really rather end of story spoiler, but...
Spoiler: