AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-11, 21:53   Link #141
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Currently episode 3, the boys are dead bottom on poll ranking. It's like they are not even trying except the youngest brother
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 22:48   Link #142
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Currently episode 3, the boys are dead bottom on poll ranking. It's like they are not even trying except the youngest brother
Oh ho? Well, I thought the series started out a little slowly, but grew more interesting as time went on for me and as we came to know the siblings a bit better - they are actually a pretty interesting family, I think. Hopefully something similar will happen for you. ^^

I know what you mean about the brothers, though. :\ Shuu I can kinda understand (and even relate to a bit, surprisingly), but Haruka is still rather ... opaque personality wise.
Old 2015-08-11, 23:02   Link #143
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Episode 6:
I imagine Aoi-sama as Lelouch Lamperouge with her Absolute Order ability. No wonder she doesn't want to become the next ruler.

On the other hand, Kanade wanting to level up medical science just to heal Shuu's leg might be selfish for her if Kanade becomes the queen!
But at least Kanade's selfishness isn't a bad thing necessarily for the country so long as she doesn't go too far. I mean is a country with really good medical care a bad thing? Doesn't seem a terrible thing to live in a country that can repair all kinds of physical damage.

Plus with the effort and time put into boosting her own funds, she should be able to keep the economy from suffering from her personal goals. Should have a good grip on what is necessary to keep the books balanced.
Old 2015-08-12, 02:15   Link #144
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Haruka is still rather ... opaque personality wise.
The anime website seems to indicate him as an voluntary loner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
But at least Kanade's selfishness isn't a bad thing necessarily for the country so long as she doesn't go too far. I mean is a country with really good medical care a bad thing? Doesn't seem a terrible thing to live in a country that can repair all kinds of physical damage.

Plus with the effort and time put into boosting her own funds, she should be able to keep the economy from suffering from her personal goals. Should have a good grip on what is necessary to keep the books balanced.
Let's put it that way: sounds like the Sakuradas scores pretty high on Altruism. Remember what Kanade said about Akane's reason for being the class rep: "Even though Akane's personality isn't cut out for ruling, she still has potential from the royal family in her."
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 02:36   Link #145
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Well, I guess Aoi has a good reason to keep herself on the sidelines as much as possible. Her power is ripe for abuse, and she knows it. Made sense that she even started questioning whether the trio of girls were truly her friends or merely her followers. I lied how Akane's reasoning about how you don't become friends by force put Aoi at ease.

And Kanade's character is far more sympathetic than I initially thought. While at first, I thought she just wanted the power as a King, it now turns out she wants to advance medical science to help her brother recover from his lifelong injury, that she accidentally brought upon him and feels very guilty for.
Old 2015-08-12, 07:47   Link #146
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
After Ep. 6, I feel that my perspective on Kanade-sama has changed. Still, she's conscious on her reputation as a front for her past mistakes.

Meanwhile, I still don't get it why Shuu wants to stop Kanade despite wanting his twin sister to heal his leg by advance medicine?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 14:04   Link #147
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Meanwhile, I still don't get it why Shuu wants to stop Kanade despite wanting his twin sister to heal his leg by advance medicine?
That's what she wants. As far as I've seen, there's been no mention of him wanting her to heal his injured leg, even if she's the cause of it, hence why he probably doesn't want her to become king.

Of course, that's assuming he even knows her true motivation. It could also be a mere case of him thinking that with her in charge, she'll become power-hungry and do a lot of bad things for the country and its people.
Old 2015-08-12, 17:32   Link #148
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I feel there was somewhat of a missed opportunity here, I had chanced upon the manga strip that showed the backstory of Shuu and Kana and the anime missed the follow up of the accident.
The manga followed up at the hospital and shows Kana finding out about Shuu's condition and a little talk with the parents and then between Kana and Shuu but I think the translated chapter was kinda cut short as it stopped at a odd moment here.

I think the anime could have hit home more with this point abit better if they followed up a little more.
Sure it's alot more serious than the overall tone of the series shown so far but I think this would have been a good moment to show.

I doubt it will ever happen but I am interested in seeing what the other siblings would think if they found out about the incident or what Aoi's reaction was to it.
Old 2015-08-12, 17:57   Link #149
SamCurt

Bonta-kun, it is highly likely the part you mentioned will be adopted, but re-cast as part of another story. The anime seems to be adopting very recent arcs.
Old 2015-08-14, 01:25   Link #150
rladls2121

Blackberry! Blackberry! Blackberry! Blackberry! Blackberry!

Just set Shuu free from two of the three curses already!

1. He has to put to stop Kanede's "plot" becoming a king for some reason.
2. Akane's fanclub member number 2, it is hard to believe that he is number 2 by coincidence, and I thought he meant priority number 2.
3. Has a childhood friend confessed her love to him and he tells her to wait because of two above reasons, indeed a curse. I don't know when he will proceed his relationship with her.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 13:02   Link #151
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
That's what she wants. As far as I've seen, there's been no mention of him wanting her to heal his injured leg, even if she's the cause of it, hence why he probably doesn't want her to become king.

Of course, that's assuming he even knows her true motivation. It could also be a mere case of him thinking that with her in charge, she'll become power-hungry and do a lot of bad things for the country and its people.
It doesn't have to be that extreme. Both Shu and their father are aware that Kanade can get reckless with her powers when she is under stress, as shown by how she reacted to Akane's cold.

Regardless of whether Kanade means well, she can make the same mistakes while being the Queen. Currently she has her overprotective father and all of her siblings to keep her in check, but what about when she as authority over them all as the Queen?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 15:43   Link #152
Yamada II

Episode 7

Disappointing. Not enough Akane-chan. Needs more Akane kawaiiness.

Kanade, Akane and Shiori are home alone since their dad is away and so are the rest of the siblings for some reason. Lol when Shiori kissed Akane. That was too adorable.

The idol part with Hikari wasn't that good. It felt lacking.

Not the strongest of episodes, but it was fun.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 16:19   Link #153
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I actually rather liked the idol part, Hikari was cute with how she thought Sachiko was shy and the way she's overly familiar.

First part was nice, fun segment of the 3 sisters.

And boy how I can relate to Akane here, I was sick last month and was stuck in bed and what was I doing, reading my manga!

Yea Hana-chan is back next ep!
Old 2015-08-14, 17:17   Link #154
rladls2121

Have anyone wondered Akane screams out of embarassment or other reasons at least once in every episode?
I forgot an episode that she did not scream.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 04:00   Link #155
SamCurt

I wonder one line in the first part where Kanade says she needs to put a good face in front of people because "to win against Aoi-neesan I have to have the image of a saint."

The problem is not pretending what she isn't--that's common enough. The problem is Aoi is practically a saint without pretending (and the people agree), so any attempts for Kanade to out-saint Aoi must fail. Not to mention this is not the only way to run a campaign.

EDIT: And Hikari got a Budokan concert a few months in the Biz. Must be some kind of an accomplishment. And guess who crashed into the backstage at the end of the episode?

Last edited by SamCurt; 2015-08-15 at 04:59.
Old 2015-08-15, 07:41   Link #156
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 7:
Damn, Souichiro being an over-protective dad is bothering Kanade much!

Meanwhile, it's no surprise that Sachiko is getting jealous at Hikari as she's performing effortlessly.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 09:29   Link #157
Tangowr

Aw, they took out the Kanade kiss Akane good night, and Akane gets nightmare scene
Old 2015-08-20, 21:57   Link #158
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 08

Now that was an interesting episode...we got a lot of focus on and around Shuu, who has somehow become my favorite of the siblings.

Satou was gteat. Nuff said.

Also, I really liked the flashback sequence of the present king and queen and how it dovetailed into the ep once again.
Old 2015-08-21, 00:44   Link #159
novakai

Damn Shuu actually going to run for the King now and he actually got a girlfriend too. Woot go him
Satou best girl

lol that end card was amusing, someone was having too much fun drawing that.
Wallpaper worth right there.
novakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 00:50   Link #160
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakai View Post
lol that end card was amusing, someone was having too much fun drawing that
That's Koufuku Graffiti's Makoto Kawai.

Tags
4koma_adaptation, manga time kirara, seinen