AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-08-27, 10:07   Link #2121
Biohazardous

I thought the whole thing of fighting them back during the past is that they wouldn't be as strong and almost unbeatable.
Old 2015-08-27, 10:07   Link #2122
Archilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Not even that. Rossweisse post-v7 could actually use magic to freeze one.
Yuuuup. PIS indeed. So is Issei dead? Or just off Goku-ing somewhere?
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 10:11   Link #2123
Biohazardous

He is paying a price for his power he used. We don't know what. Hey we are waiting on that info for vol 20 and again for EX. Lol I'd imagine at this point he has fully mastered all forms. He probably pushed DxD to its utter limits using ever fiber of power available til he collapsed.
Old 2015-08-27, 10:14   Link #2124
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
He's the Joker from Heaven and was the strongest exorcist when human, he'd be there even if D×D was never created. And he's not a politician, so there's absolutely no reason why he shouldn't fight when his SG can destroy the world and controls the atmosphere. And that's without even considering the BB.

It stops being a good reason the moment there are casualties. There was no casualties in the Loki fight, so at least there's nothing to blame the Maous for, but this war clearly had.

God, everything about EX is just so much worse than I even imagined.
Where was Dulio when DxD met the heroes faction for the first time ?? He was still in journey to search some tasty foods around the world. The incident in EX happens before that, so no reason to bring Dulio in this discussion

What war?? Oh that's the future war that we don't even know any details, that war might happen in later arc .
Now i am beginning to think that we are mixing things up here, any help to clarify this would be much appreciated

Relax there, wait for the finished version then you can start judging
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 10:22   Link #2125
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
Where was Dulio when DxD met the heroes faction for the first time ?? He was still in journey to search some tasty foods around the world. The incident in EX happens before that, so no reason to bring Dulio in this discussion

What war?? Oh that's the future war that we don't even know any details, that war might happen in later arc .
Now i am beginning to think that we are mixing things up here, any help to clarify this would be much appreciated

Relax there, wait for the finished version then you can start judging
The war happened 30 YEARS IN THE FUTURE! And those things are what caused so much trouble because they're supposed to be immune to magic. If Ross can just use Ice Magic to freeze one that just shoots the immunity out of the window, and whatever trouble those things could ever make.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 11:12   Link #2126
jopjopjop

@Chichi: Why are you fixated on a quote that already happened? That quote of the UL being immune happened on their first encounter against it; before Azazel arrived. Where nothing they do does anything to it.

ULs are just grunts of the Evil God from the other world, presumably named Valvazoa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Getting vol 2 Monday next week. If any translators are interested in TLing DxD EX PM me for high res raws.
And I mean translators, anyone not Gary, or jop (I will PM you two personally with the raws) will have to show me their previous work. Randoms who pester me get reported~
Nicenicenice
Old 2015-08-27, 11:27   Link #2127
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
@Chichi: Why are you fixated on a quote that already happened? That quote of the UL being immune happened on their first encounter against it; before Azazel arrived. Where nothing they do does anything to it.

ULs are just grunts of the Evil God from the other world, presumably named Valvazoa.

Nicenicenice
Because being immune to magic is the only thing that actually made it kind of believable for Ise and the others to have trouble fighting those things. If they aren't, then a war of a magnitude that an Ise with literally 30 times more experience and training than now plus all the broken beings that exist in the D×D universe can handle is just complete and utter bullshit.

The only explanation left is this Valvazoa guy being stronger than all of them combined, which is just another kind of bullshit: Another next-to-invincible villain appears because plot.
Old 2015-08-27, 11:41   Link #2128
jopjopjop

They are not just against ULs. They are against other Evil Gods and other evil beings + Valvazoa.

They are NOT having trouble with the ULs in the future? Why? Because the kids have shown that they can easily deal with them.

ULs are the mass-produced Evil Dragons in the future. Grunts. Fodders to the main players.
Old 2015-08-27, 11:54   Link #2129
Archilla

Gotta admit, I'm not looking forward to more characters with the "lol your attacks have no effect bruh" trait to them. Makes stuff predictable and boring.

It's what killed Magical Index for me.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 12:10   Link #2130
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
They are not just against ULs. They are against other Evil Gods and other evil beings + Valvazoa.

They are NOT having trouble with the ULs in the future? Why? Because the kids have shown that they can easily deal with them.

ULs are the mass-produced Evil Dragons in the future. Grunts. Fodders to the main players.
Did you read the second half of my comment? Just the fact that there are people strong enough that all the OP beings in D×D can't deal with when at least Shiva is a Universe Buster and Ise at the time will be at least near that level is bullshit.

@GDK1: As much as I got tired of it (Rizevim being able to do it was cool, but Diehauser having that too was already more than enough for a series) at least there was no villain that can see the future. God the speeches of those are more annoying than violent tsundere lolis.
Old 2015-08-27, 12:22   Link #2131
Direwolf18

For what it's worth remember the bandersnatches? They were immune to magical attacks at first but they had to figure out the correct techniques. Think of it as the natural evolution of defensive and offensive abilities. New defensive techniques are created to counteract the current offensive techniques, so the offensive ones respond by getting better.

Think about the evolution of tank armor. A tank from world war 2, a Sherman say with 3 inches of armor would be impervious to the fire of WW 1 tanks. A tiger tank from WW2 was all but invincible to Sherman fire so they had to up the guns on those to make them slightly effective. There are documented incidents of a tiger tank taking 200+ direct hits from a Sherman and be fine.

If any of those went against an M1 Abrahms battle tank it would be laughable.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 12:30   Link #2132
Chichiryuushintei

Oh, I just remembered, wasn't the whole point of Rizevim releasing Trihexa because Great Red wouldn't let him go to the other world? So these guys actually had to defeat Great Red. Awesome. Just awesome. #sarcasm

Last edited by Chichiryuushintei; 2015-08-27 at 12:41.
Old 2015-08-27, 12:50   Link #2133
Biohazardous

Yes that is part of the reason Chich.
Old 2015-08-27, 14:29   Link #2134
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Chichiryuu, the point about the Bandersnatch and the WWI tanks vs. WWII tanks should already be enough for you, don't you think? Also, yeah, sure, just a small number of ULs is no trouble, but a whole army plus a few Evil Gods from another world? They can still beat the ULs themselves in the future with relative ease despite them being in large numbers, although Asia got injured at first and it turns into a war, but the ULs are just grunts and the real enemies are the Evil Gods who only Ise was able to beat.
Old 2015-08-27, 15:25   Link #2135
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Chichiryuu, the point about the Bandersnatch and the WWI tanks vs. WWII tanks should already be enough for you, don't you think? Also, yeah, sure, just a small number of ULs is no trouble, but a whole army plus a few Evil Gods from another world? They can still beat the ULs themselves in the future with relative ease despite them being in large numbers, although Asia got injured at first and it turns into a war, but the ULs are just grunts and the real enemies are the Evil Gods who only Ise was able to beat.
First, I know squat about real world weapons so just seeing the names doesn't click anything with me at all. Second, It doesn't matter how big the army is because Serafall alone can destroy an entire country by GLOWING and uses Ice magic. Dulio's Zenith Tempest can destroy the world and controls the fucking weather. That alone already finishes whatever number of those things there was. And even before that there's GREAT RED who, from what we got up to now, doesn't let people travel through dimensions and is multiple times stronger than a guy whose existance's purpose is to DESTROY THE UNIVERSE. And then there's the other dozen World+ Buster beings in D×D's side. No, it's not reasonable, AT ALL, for those Gods to just appear out of nowhere. This is worse than how Majin Buu was introduced in DBZ.
Old 2015-08-27, 15:35   Link #2136
Biohazardous

I see where Chich is coming from. If Trihexa was released to get GR out of the way so going to another dimension is possible. Why would he allow the other dimension to come to DxD dimension without preventing them also. GR should have been the first line defense against DxD people even knowing about the ULs and such.
Old 2015-08-27, 15:55   Link #2137
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, that's true. But Great Red doesn't fight, does he?

Well, let's just wait until we get the whole EX in front of us. I want to read it even more now.
Old 2015-08-27, 16:05   Link #2138
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Yeah, that's true. But Great Red doesn't fight, does he?

Well, let's just wait until we get the whole EX in front of us. I want to read it even more now.
If he didn't then Rizevim wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of unsealing Trihexa. He doesn't fight normally because no one is even close to his level. But if someone tried to travel between Dimensions, that'd probably create a lot of chaos.
Old 2015-08-27, 16:15   Link #2139
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. I still want to read the EX stories to get a better idea of what's up, though.
Old 2015-08-27, 16:22   Link #2140
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Yeah. I still want to read the EX stories to get a better idea of what's up, though.
I'll read them too of course. Maybe a miracle happens and everything wi make sense.