AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-08-27, 18:45   Link #1221
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

I am so sorry for giving life to your fantasy
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 18:54   Link #1222
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Some girl? Is Erika a good candidate? She a bruh-con and they're only half siblings?

What's there to lose?
When I look at Tatsuya & Miyuki's situation somehow this suggestion seems less repulsive.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 19:37   Link #1223
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
This is weird.

Mayumi seems like a bigger threat than those two. At least Mayumi has a social standing(a fellow TMC member) that should have make it easier to marry her brother.

Honestly, the way I see it is she never seriously considered Honoka or Lina as her love rival. One of them has no social status to force a political marriage(which is likely the only reason her brother would marry) while the other one is a non-Japanese.

Mayumi and Ayako are more likely to be her rival........... at least Miyuki did show her irritation when they get involved with her brother.
Well I don't think Miyuki considers Honoka as a serious threat. I always assume it's the same type of situation as seen in volume 14.

"“Erika….you intend to go and stay overnight in Kyoto?”
“That’s what I said, so?”

Going on a round trip in a day between Kyoto and Tokyo was not absolutely impossible, now. For business purposes, it was a rather normal schedule. However, this was a preliminary security inspection, not just the site, the Kyoto conference center and its environs, but a wide area around them had to be inspected. Last year’s incident comes to mind quickly but, conversely, since it was just last year, no one would expect to catch them off-guard so quickly.

“By that…..you want to go on an overnight trip with Tatsuya….?”

“Id-idiot….!”

For some reason the suspicion that she might be taking a trip for a one night stand did not make Erika’s face turn red but white.

“Wh-what?”
T
hat threatening look so desperate and forceful as if her life was in danger caused Mikihiko’s tongue to tangle, unfortunately. Just then, he was overpowered by what he thought as Erika’s excessive response but, when he heard her reasoning, the blood drained from Mikihiko’s face as well.

“What would I do if Miyuki heard that!? She wouldn’t let it go as a joke!”
Mikihiko busily looked hither and thither. Furthermore, his eyes were those of someone on a battlefield. To say he looked like he was in a life and death struggle was not a grandiose exaggeration.

It wasn’t let it go as a joke, it was that she wouldn’t let it go even though it was just a joke. That wouldn’t mean that she was taking their frivolous talk seriously but, rather that she wouldn’t forgive them for saying such a thing even when she knew they were joking. That wasn’t just a distinct possibility, that was unmistakably how it would go, thought Mikihiko. Was there already an absolute zero cold front bearing down on them already….Mikihiko earnestly feared there was. "

Miyuki knows perfectly well that Tatsuya doesn't get overly emotionally attached to people other than herself, she has outright stated so several times throughout the story. I don't think she seriously considers Honoka or Mayumi rivals on an emotional level, she just doesn't like anyone else having his attention even though she's well aware that he doesn't actually feel for them romantically.

In volume 11 it's made fairly obvious that Miyuki has never really considered Tatsuya as possibly having serious feelings for anyone.

"The silence was painful.
Not bitter; yet, her chest ached.

It felt as if her breathing would stop, and her heart would burst — from the perspective of others it would no doubt be a surprising 'overreaction', but Miyuki herself was desperately searching for 'something to talk about' in her overheating mind.

"Onii-sama, about Lina?"

This was what came out.
Tatsuya had shown beyond ordinary care towards Lina. At least, far beyond that of a mere friend.

Because she understood, truthfully Miyuki had not wanted to bring the topic up with her brother.

But now nothing else came to mind.

"Yeah?"

"Lina......did she seriously take Onii-sama's words to heart?"

Besides, Miyuki was also worried about her.

"I don't know. There's no way I could. I'm not her after all."

Somewhere under Tatsuya's tone was the feeling that it was unnecessary meddling.
Of course Miyuki knew her brother's words had been anything but. Even in Miyuki's eyes, the impulsive yet good-hearted Lina was ill-suited for the military. It may have not been her place, but looking at Lina she felt extremely conflicted.

"Lina has her own circumstances. Not being able to find her way is not something limited to her alone."

"Yet Onii-sama, you had reached out to her right......? Why?"
"Why, what?"

Miyuki was well aware that they were stepping into uncharted territory. If they were to stop, it had to be now.

But Miyuki did not stop.

"Onii-sama......why did you feel you had to help Lina? Is it because......you have special feelings concerning her?"

Lina was the first and only time in the entire series that Miyuki has actually questioned the possibility of Tatsuya actually having "special feelings" for someone.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 05:52   Link #1224
expertsource

"Maya says the Stellar Furnace changes all this anti-magic wave, even Rozen changes his mind. This way Tatsuya gain some points between the 10MC."

this is quote from wikia. Does that mean tatsuya being silver is revealed!!?
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 06:29   Link #1225
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
"Maya says the Stellar Furnace changes all this anti-magic wave, even Rozen changes his mind. This way Tatsuya gain some points between the 10MC."

It has nothing to do with Silver, it's the school presentation they did after the Thesis competition that ended with Rozen going on TV saying how awesome it was for magicians.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 07:06   Link #1226
Iramohs

Quote:

She was referring to the Stellar Furnace demonstration he did when that politician visited First High. I think his identity as Silver will get revealed in the next arc though.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 07:50   Link #1227
Yanoshii

I'm surprised Chiaki is still bitching about Tatsuya since the public knows his "Maya's son", a Yotsuba. Yet this irrelevant girl thinks she can display such hatred, she really is brave. I reckon she'll become a problem within the next to Volumes, her antagonistic interactions have increased over the volumes.

I wonder when he'll use decomposition in front of the others, I reckon he'll definitely have to in this arc. But at the same time, that's pretty much showing he's 'Mahesvara'. I also wonder if Jummonji and Co' are even aware of Mahesvera's existence since it's like an urban legend.

I just want to see someone try kill Miyuki and Tatsuya flip out ... Furthermore, I wonder if any information about Tatsuya will be leaked since the Yotsuba will still be presumably split over making him the clan leader - which is the situation pretty much. Miyuki obeys Tatsuya and even if she's the clan head, whatever he say's she'll follow.
Old 2015-08-28, 08:08   Link #1228
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanoshii View Post
I'm surprised Chiaki is still bitching about Tatsuya since the public knows his "Maya's son", a Yotsuba. Yet this irrelevant girl thinks she can display such hatred, she really is brave. I reckon she'll become a problem within the next to Volumes, her antagonistic interactions have increased over the volumes.

I wonder when he'll use decomposition in front of the others, I reckon he'll definitely have to in this arc. But at the same time, that's pretty much showing he's 'Mahesvara'. I also wonder if Jummonji and Co' are even aware of Mahesvera's existence since it's like an urban legend.

I just want to see someone try kill Miyuki and Tatsuya flip out ... Furthermore, I wonder if any information about Tatsuya will be leaked since the Yotsuba will still be presumably split over making him the clan leader - which is the situation pretty much. Miyuki obeys Tatsuya and even if she's the clan head, whatever he say's she'll follow.
He will most likely use Decomposition next arc but it doesn't mean he will immediately be associated to Mahesvara, Mayumi and Masaki saw it already. And the Yotsuba don't want him as the leader, the next head has been decided, that's Miyuki.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 03:37   Link #1229
Kadia

I don't get it why Satou decided to put Chiaki's venting scene instead of writing about the reactions of third years senpais i.e. Hattori. Chiaki thus far is very minor character and her popularity should be low or was she just a plot device for Erika to take a stage?

I was so interested to read the reactions of Hattori, Kanon and Morisaki but it was omitted such a let down.

I agree for sure Tat will definitely use his decomposition in this arc when hunt down Gu Jie and eventually that Canopus guy will figure it out about his Material Burst. He might not understand fully but surely can link the decomposition to scorched Halloween.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 05:30   Link #1230
Iramohs

Quote:
I don't get it why Satou decided to put Chiaki's venting scene instead of writing about the reactions of third years senpais i.e. Hattori. Chiaki thus far is very minor character and her popularity should be low or was she just a plot device for Erika to take a stage?

I was so interested to read the reactions of Hattori, Kanon and Morisaki but it was omitted such a let down.

I agree for sure Tat will definitely use his decomposition in this arc when hunt down Gu Jie and eventually that Canopus guy will figure it out about his Material Burst. He might not understand fully but surely can link the decomposition to scorched Halloween.
Tatsuya doesn't really interact with them anymore. They no longer hold positions of importance in the school and they're all most likely preparing for entrance exams.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 07:06   Link #1231
Kadia

Are you insinuating that they have no use for the plot and likely not appear in the LN anymore?
I found it strange that they were omitted for the entire vol 17.

-Hattori is the epitome of course one student who still believe in his strength and considering his unrequited love for Mayumi, he should at least be assigned a role to play?

-Kanon more or less is a scion of one of 100 families which the new of the siblings should impact her in the sense of being lied to. Shouldn't she express a bit of her dissatisfaction(well i said this because of her general temper)?

-Isori should express his indifferently feeling and bridge the gap b/n siblings and his third years classmates.

Nevertheless, i still think they are more worthy to be mentioned than Chiaki. Still did Chiaki still bear the enmity towards Tatsuya or snarled at him due to her hidden fan girl? Yeah yeah i know it's the former but when i read the spoiler it gave me that kinds of feel.
Old 2015-08-29, 07:10   Link #1232
pampz21
ShipCore

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post

Because Chiaki came from a normal household, she doesnt know how scary the Yotsuba is and shes the only person who holds grudge against Tatsuya. So shes really the only person that Satou can use to throw some vent on Tatsuya being a Yotsuba. And shes the only idiot who would mistake Erika's intention to love as a man rather than a friend; or is it?

Well to me the whole vol. Is big ship tease and plot lines.

Honoka being a drama queen.
Mayumi being delusional.
Mari becoming the worse girl and using her to turn down Mayumi.
Erika with her contradiction.
Miyuki being top girl.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 08:37   Link #1233
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Mayumi being delusional.
Miyuki being top girl.
Lina being hyped and abandoned.
Ayako being.......................

wait? Where is Ayako!? (will she have the same fate as Lina who appeared on the last page of Vol. 16?)
Old 2015-08-29, 08:41   Link #1234
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Are you insinuating that they have no use for the plot and likely not appear in the LN anymore?
I found it strange that they were omitted for the entire vol 17.

-Hattori is the epitome of course one student who still believe in his strength and considering his unrequited love for Mayumi, he should at least be assigned a role to play?

-Kanon more or less is a scion of one of 100 families which the new of the siblings should impact her in the sense of being lied to. Shouldn't she express a bit of her dissatisfaction(well i said this because of her general temper)?

-Isori should express his indifferently feeling and bridge the gap b/n siblings and his third years classmates.

Nevertheless, i still think they are more worthy to be mentioned than Chiaki. Still did Chiaki still bear the enmity towards Tatsuya or snarled at him due to her hidden fan girl? Yeah yeah i know it's the former but when i read the spoiler it gave me that kinds of feel.
You know that those three characters are irrelevant when the entire big picture is considered right?
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 09:19   Link #1235
Wurstorff

So is most of Vol 17 overall.

There is people wishing each other happy new year.
Tatsuya's circle of friends goes back to almost normal almost right away.
The others never mattered much anyway.
There is Honoka's doomed decision to rivalry.
Canops comes, but hangs out on a boat.
The conference itself is talking heads with nothing at stake. Sure, Kudou take the fall. So what? Not like they were a danger to anything. At the very end, Kudou Makoto even managed to make even more of a fool of himself than he was after the Parasidoll incident. ("Papaaa, why you soo mean to meee?". No, really.)
There is the bomb at the very end that the faceless "human supremacists" use to propaganda against magicians, because the 10MC failed both their information gathering and their own propaganda (or it's in all Maya's plan anyway)

Literally, the "cliffhanger" is the only slightly exciting thing happening in the entire volume. Except for the two opening scenes, those were hilarious. Entirely on their own merit, though, and it doesn't make the volume as a whole any more purposeful.
Wurstorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 10:31   Link #1236
Kadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
You know that those three characters are irrelevant when the entire big picture is considered right?
My point is that why wasting time writing about Chiaki's bitching rather than the reactions of Tat's senpais. I believe no one would like to read about Chiaki's POV anymore after realizing her shallow minded?

I know the senpais are very irrelevant to the general plot but as i mentioned for instance Hattori was among the first person Tat had a conflict with and still somewhat think he can be stronger than Tat so his reaction would be interesting.

Kanon is generally hot-blooded and has a low boiling point. Tbh, she was acting quite annoyed towards Tat especially in Yokohama arc when she prohibited Tat to go to the detention centre without knowing anything hence i would love to see her reactions too.
Old 2015-08-29, 13:19   Link #1237
bakato

Quote:
My point is that why wasting time writing about Chiaki's bitching rather than the reactions of Tat's senpais. I believe no one would like to read about Chiaki's POV anymore after realizing her shallow minded?

I know the senpais are very irrelevant to the general plot but as i mentioned for instance Hattori was among the first person Tat had a conflict with and still somewhat think he can be stronger than Tat so his reaction would be interesting.

Kanon is generally hot-blooded and has a low boiling point. Tbh, she was acting quite annoyed towards Tat especially in Yokohama arc when she prohibited Tat to go to the detention centre without knowing anything hence i would love to see her reactions too.
As would we all, but rather than Chiaki, I think the whole point of her outburst was to see Erika's response, which was interesting in itself.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 17:05   Link #1238
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Well to me the whole vol. Is big ship tease and plot lines.

Mayumi being delusional.
Miyuki being top girl.
Honoka as drama queen? well most likely.
Mayumi delusional? did you even read the summaries or spoilers and even some translations out there? isn't a problem about her being delusional, is a political problem related to her father what makes her acting extremely cautious.
Mari is just pointing the truth about the current situation, nothing more than that.
About Erika we need to see more about her and I hope that happens on vol 18.
Miyuki is certainly the top girl, at least she has more balls than most of the characters in the LN.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 17:49   Link #1239
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
Mayumi delusional? did you even read the summaries or spoilers and even some translations out there? isn't a problem about her being delusional, is a political problem related to her father what makes her acting extremely cautious.
I believe pampz is refereeing to Mayumi daydreaming (which even got a drawing).
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 23:09   Link #1240
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
Honoka as drama queen? well most likely.
Mari is just pointing the truth about the current situation, nothing more than that.
About Erika we need to see more about her and I hope that happens on vol 18.
Miyuki is certainly the top girl, at least she has more balls than most of the characters in the LN.
I like Mari before so I'm disappointed with her act in vol 17; sure she is worried about Mayumi and wishes her happiness but it doesn't excuse her unethical behaviour in my book. Asking an engaged man to split with his fiancee because Mari's best friend also loves him so that her best friend could experience a true love??? Mari could ask Tatsuya about his feeling but she doesn't bother to ask Miyuki's too? By Mari's standard, wasn't Tatsuya also Miyuki's only chance to experience true love?

Really, Tatsuya should just ask her back; something like, his best friends loves Naotsugu very much so Mari should just give up Nao and give him to his best friend since this is the only chance for her to experience true love. I wonder how Mari would react.

The same with Shizuku, I'm disappointed with her when she suggests Honoka could become Tatsuya's mistress. Luckily Honoka wasn't going for that shameful position though I still think it's wrong to pursue an engaged man. Oh well, at least Honoka stated her intention to Miyuki and she acknowledged her as a rival. (Wait, I'm not quite clear, did she say that to Miyuki or it's just what she said to herself?) However, if Tatsuya and Miyuki marries in the end and still Honoka pursue him...shameful.

Mari and Shizuku is a typical best friend who only cares for their best friend's interest but they couldn't care less to the other women feeling. At this point, only Erika deserves the award 'The Best best friend'

Last edited by solhaz; 2015-08-30 at 02:35.
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
political intrigue