AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-08-28, 13:47   Link #2201
Tbolt

It has always been known that pure blood Deamons have a hard time conceiving.
Old 2015-08-28, 14:06   Link #2202
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
And how that helps to justify Ise simply turning into a different person? Oh yeah, it doesn't, because those are two different characters from two different series.
Asia? She was cursed by Loki so Ise might be spending his time trying to undo the curse but at the same time he tries to do his job thus resulting in less time with family. That may also be the reason why Akeno joined Grigori to research on curses so that they can rescue Asia.

Also to those complaining about Ise not spending time with his family. Why are people assuming that Ise changed because he's busy with his work? Just because he's busy with his work means he stopped being a pervert? He won't use Dress Break or Bilingual anymore? He doesn't love Rias or the girls anymore?

What if Ise was just trying to pursue another new dream. Devils live for few hundred thousands of years but judging from the pace of the story maybe in another 20 years, Ise already become a Harem King. So he should just spend the remainder of his life lazing around as a Harem King, doing nothing but sex. In time he'd be like a second Rizevim, a goalless dead person in a living body.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 14:10   Link #2203
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Asia? She was cursed by Loki so Ise might be spending his time trying to undo the curse but at the same time he tries to do his job thus resulting in less time with family. That may also be the reason why Akeno joined Grigori to research on curses so that they can rescue Asia.

Also to those complaining about Ise not spending time with his family. Why are people assuming that Ise changed because he's busy with his work? Just because he's busy with his work means he stopped being a pervert? He won't use Dress Break or Bilingual anymore? He doesn't love Rias or the girls anymore?

What if Ise was just trying to pursue another new dream. Devils live for few hundred thousands of years but judging from the pace of the story maybe in another 20 years, Ise already become a Harem King. So he should just spend the remainder of his life lazing around as a Harem King, doing nothing but sex. In time he'd be like a second Rizevim, a goalless dead person in a living body.
Another solid point indeed. Though a Rizevim with Issei's power oh gods that would be a nightmare
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 14:36   Link #2204
Archilla

Quote:

I think most people's gripe is the fact that it's severely OOC for Issei to give enough fucks about this job that he'd ignore his family and children.

You say this development won't change his character, and I respectfully say it aleady has.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 14:37   Link #2205
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:

He sure as hell wouldn't neglect his family for hundreds of years. And we know he neglected them because they see his best friend as more of a father than he is. So yes, he turned into a douche of a father, and unlike Goku, he doesn't have the excuse of not really understanding the difference between family and friends.

@Edit: Yeah, what GDK1 said.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 14:40   Link #2206
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK1 View Post
I think most people's gripe is the fact that it's severely OOC for Issei to give enough fucks about this job that he'd ignore his family and children.

You say this development won't change his character, and I respectfully say it aleady has.
I love how you're able to tell all of this from not even a SYNOPSIS of the volume. You love jumping to conclusions without getting the full picture don't you?
Old 2015-08-28, 14:43   Link #2207
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Look at Gary29's post, too, as he also makes a pretty good point. We should definitely wait to be able to read the whole EX story before judging it. And let me add: it's not just for the family vs. work thing, but also for the war itself. Everything.

Unless Ishibumi gives us a damn good explanation about why Ise's giving more attention to his work than to family, I'll be calling BS. But we have to remember that Ise, in the future, is focusing on his work more than family. His work is being the Oppai Dragon and doing those movies while also doing Devil's Work and maybe also doing whatever job he has at the Gremory company. His work doesn't just include saving the world.

And yeah, this is about time-travel and Ishibumi has also told us that EX has no affect on the main story whatsoever, meaning we can just go on reading the main story without having to worry about EX at all. This means that everything wrong with the future alluded to in EX will be fixed by the time EX has ended. Ise will become a good dad who gives enough time to his wife and children that said children love him as a dad and look up to him (or, because of the events of EX, Ise will remember somehow that his family should be more important than his work, and becomes someone who does give more time to his family than to his work - or just as much time to family as to work, if possible), the war doesn't happen at all, and Asia also doesn't get cursed by Loki so she doesn't have to continue to get weakened all along until she dies. All is well DxD-verse by the end of EX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
This interaction might bring about the time travel rule break. They might be like damn my dang is a perv but he is awesome as hell. Then tell him the family thing so they can enjoy a proper Dad. This won't change to many things in the future would think. Kiba and Asia could still be apart of things it's just the actual parents will be the ones looked up to.
Agreed. I hope you're right. To hell with the rules of time-travel (just in this case, though).

Edit: Few posts late.

I'm with Chichiryuu and GDK1. But we should wait until we read all of EX.
Old 2015-08-28, 14:49   Link #2208
Archilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkligh View Post
I love how you're able to tell all of this from not even a SYNOPSIS of the volume. You love jumping to conclusions without getting the full picture don't you?
Pump the breaks on the condescending ad hominem, please.

Obviously, I will reserve judgement until we have more info. Until then, I'm commenting on what we do have. And since I find what we do have to be a curious decision that I don't agree with, I'm going to voice my opinion on it.
Old 2015-08-28, 14:50   Link #2209
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Look at Gary29's post, too, as he also makes a pretty good point. We should definitely wait to be able to read the whole EX story before judging it. And let me add: it's not just for the family vs. work thing, but also for the war itself. Everything.

Unless Ishibumi gives us a damn good explanation about why Ise's giving more attention to his work than to family, I'll be calling BS. But we have to remember that Ise, in the future, is focusing on his work more than family. His work is being the Oppai Dragon and doing those movies while also doing Devil's Work and maybe also doing whatever job he has at the Gremory company. His work doesn't just include saving the world.

And yeah, this is about time-travel and Ishibumi has also told us that EX has no affect on the main story whatsoever, meaning we can just go on reading the main story without having to worry about EX at all. This means that everything wrong with the future alluded to in EX will be fixed by the time EX has ended. Ise will become a good dad who gives enough to his wife and children that said children love him as a dad and look up to him (or, because of the events of EX, Ise will remember somehow that his family should be more important than his work, and becomes someone who does give more time to his family than to his work), the war doesn't happen at all, and Asia also doesn't get cursed by Loki so she doesn't have to continue to get weakened all along until she dies. All is well DxD-verse by the end of EX.

Agreed. I hope you're right. To hell with the rules of time-travel (just in this case, though).
So he puts work that actually doesn't matter at all to the world when his wife is already bloody rich above his kids.

God, if he actually acts like an asshole I'm shipping him with Ragyo Kiryuin... OK, he's not that bad... yet.

Considering how the first part wasn't that great either I have no expectations whatsoever. It'll all be fixed anyway, so this doesn't even matter.
Old 2015-08-28, 14:54   Link #2210
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. Well, if he's also trying to find out how to cure Asia while he's doing his Devil Work and all, then I can sort of excuse him, but not completely. But we should still wait until we can read the whole thing.
Old 2015-08-28, 15:00   Link #2211
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
So he puts work that actually doesn't matter at all to the world when his wife is already bloody rich above his kids.

God, if he actually acts like an asshole I'm shipping him with Ragyo Kiryuin... OK, he's not that bad... yet.

Considering how the first part wasn't that great either I have no expectations whatsoever. It'll all be fixed anyway, so this doesn't even matter.
Don't forget he's pretty loaded and since it's a harem he can count all the other girls money too. They have more money than they could ever spend.
Old 2015-08-28, 15:08   Link #2212
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. But again, let's just wait and see. Also, like I said, it's possible that Ise is also trying to research how to cure Asia. It could be part of what's eating into his time. And part of what Akeno is doing in Grigori could also be research about how to cure Asia, like someone else said in this thread. It's possible.
Old 2015-08-28, 15:15   Link #2213
Hidfe

Lol at people thinking that Ise giving priority to saving the world (responsibilities) instead to friends and family is a new character trait.

Have you people forgotten that this is already happening in the current volumes? When was the last time he ever had time do to something with his best two friends? We always read about how he is so busy that he simple doesn’t have time to spend times with them. Or what about his parents? They live together but he barely talked to them, not to mention doing family activities like going fishing with his father.
Hell he barely got time to spend time with his harem. He had like half an hour to spend with Rias before the clock got off and Ravel interrupted them.

So with wars and dangers not decreasing and his importance rising as a fighting force, role model and political figure, him having barely any time to spend with his loved ones is not only believable but a logical consequence.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 15:22   Link #2214
Archilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidfe View Post
Lol at people thinking that Ise giving priority to saving the world (responsibilities) instead to friends and family is a new character trait.

Have you people forgotten that this is already happening in the current volumes? When was the last time he ever had time do to something with his best two friends? We always read about how he is so busy that he simple doesn’t have time to spend times with them. Or what about his parents? They live together but he barely talked to them, not to mention doing family activities like going fishing with his father.
Hell he barely got time to spend time with his harem. He had like half an hour to spend with Rias before the clock got off and Ravel interrupted them.

So with wars and dangers not decreasing and his importance rising as a fighting force, role model and political figure, him having barely any time to spend with his loved ones is not only believable but a logical consequence.
Well I think it's a common sentiment that Issei does all these things for the people he cares about, and for himself. I also think the choice of words worries me; "celebrity" and "job."

Also, lets not pretend he's going to be the only competent leader in 200 years. In fact, there's a common debate on here of whether or not he'd even be a good Maou.

The thing I disagree most with about what you said is this political figure stuff. Yes, he's a role model, yes, he's a war asset, but I'll never understand where people think his character fits in with the archaic poltical maneuvering of the Underworld.

I think my biggest concern with all of this is the shift in tone it implies. Yes Issei is important to the Underworld and blah blah, but since it's inception this series has really been about a classic Shonen hero growing into himself as a character, falling in love/creating friendships, and then fighting for the people that he cares about.

Just look at the crux of the issue. How many times have we been beaten over the head with how much he loves Rias? And now we're told he ignores their kid?

Unless there's some massive, massive underlying issue that prevents it (being a warrior/figurehead is not a good enough reason) it just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 2015-08-28, 15:23   Link #2215
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:

First: Political figure? Ise isn't a politician, nor ever showed any interest in politics. Don't make stuff up.

Second: Actually he only doesn't have time for Matsuda and Motohama. And after all this time risking his life with Kiba, Gasper and other guys, I can say with certainty they aren't his best friends by MILES. He still spends a lot of time with the girls and boys of the ORC. Just see the start of v19, they went to fucking Kyoto just to hang out and say hello to Kunou.
Old 2015-08-28, 15:29   Link #2216
Darkligh

Quote:

Could not agree more.
Old 2015-08-28, 15:33   Link #2217
Biohazardous

He only is to busy for his normal best friends because of different worlds. If not for that they would still get his time.
Old 2015-08-28, 15:42   Link #2218
Hidfe

In their world Strength equals influence. When he becomes strong enough to defeat anyone his political influence will automatically rise. His opinion won’t be one that can be simple ignored and even if he doesn’t want to be involved in politics he will be in one way or another. This is why I said political figure.
Fact is that he has barely any time already. Some little group activities like going to the shrine don’t disapprove it. I am too lazy to search all the quotes where he say he is so busy but they can be easily found. With his influence rising his time will be even less. And @GDK1, who says he doesn’t do what he does in the future for his family? When the world goes down there is nowhere to live in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
He only is to busy for his normal best friends because of different worlds. If not for that they would still get his time.
No they wouldn’t. Rias barely gets time.

Edit: I went and searched for a quote:
Quote:
The time we spent together really is really limited ever since the “Qlippoth” started their assault, so my interaction with Rias is only limited within the time I have during my lifestyle. ……W-Well, we do sleep together but that’s merely a part of our usual daily life, so I think it’s different from the private time I can have with her…… On top of that, even if we go far away and if that isn’t part of our job, then we would need to ask for permission from a lot of people. The standing of the Sekiryuutei and the heiress of the House of Gremory is even busier right now since we are currently fighting against the Qlippoth.
With his importance rising his time will become even less.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 15:50   Link #2219
Archilla

Quote:
In their world Strength equals influence. When he becomes strong enough to defeat anyone his political influence will automatically rise. His opinion won’t be one that can be simple ignored and even if he doesn’t want to be involved in politics he will be in one way or another. This is why I said political figure.
Fact is that he has barely any time already. Some little group activities like going to the shrine don’t disapprove it. I am too lazy to search all the quotes where he say he is so busy but they can be easily found. With his influence rising his time will be even less. And @GDK1, who says he doesn’t do what he does in the future for his family? When the world goes down there is nowhere to live in it.

Again, look at the spirit of what you're inplying. Now we're reading a gritty war story where Issei must neglect his children and the people he loves to protect them from impending death/evil from Valvazoa's incursion? A situation which has led the son born from the person he cares about most in the world to hate him and adopt his best friend as a father figure while Issei acts as some sort of Mockingjay for the Underworld?

Yeesh. I'm gonna go back to reading the story about the kid who powers up by poking breasts.

Edit: Oh my god. EX is literally The History of Trunks.
Old 2015-08-28, 15:50   Link #2220
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:

If strenght meant influence then Great Red and Ophis would be politicians. But they aren't. Why? Because they don't care. And does Ise care? No.

On yeah, she gets so little time. It's not like they spend most of the off days together. Most of the volumes start with Ise saying that some days or weeks had passed since X happened. Heck in v20 itself there was one or two times besides the start that a time skip happened. Do you seriously think that he didn't spend time with them when serious shit isn't happening?