AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-08-28, 16:00   Link #2221
Parry999

Ise must have had one nya of a threesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK1 View Post
Again, look at the spirit of what you're inplying. Now we're reading a gritty war story where Issei must neglect his children and the people he loves to protect them from impending death/evil from Valvazoa's incursion? A situation which has led the son born from the person he cares about most in the world to hate him and adopt his best friend as a father figure while Issei acts as some sort of Mockingjay for the Underworld?

Yeesh. I'm gonna go back to reading the story about the kid who powers up by poking breasts.

Edit: Oh my god. EX is literally The History of Trunks.
Or fire emblem awakening. Which is like history of trunks but with a really generic dragon villain.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 16:11   Link #2222
Wandering Soul

So apparently Issei became Goku in terms of parenting and Kida became Piccolo.

Well at least Issei got to enjoy a sister sandwich with Koneko and Kuroka.
Old 2015-08-28, 16:15   Link #2223
Hidfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
If strenght meant influence then Great Red and Ophis would be politicians. But they aren't. Why? Because they don't care. And does Ise care? No.
Even If one doesn’t want to play the game, the game will play them. Millicas is a Kid, yet there are already parties forming around him. The young devils were used as pawns by the the political parties during the rating games and even though Ophis is not interested in the world, she was still being used as a political tool by the chaos brigade or however the old name was. When Ise becomes strong enough people will seek to use him and therefore he will have to play the game in one way or another.

Quote:
On yeah, she gets so little time. It's not like they spend most of the off days together. Most of the volumes start with Ise saying that some days or weeks had passed since X happened. Heck in v20 itself there was one or two times besides the start that a time skip happened. Do you seriously think that he didn't spend time with them when serious shit isn't happening?
I have already quoted the LN. They spend time together but only because they are living and fighting together but even though they are spending most time together they have barely any free time to ACUTALLY spend private time together. In the Future when everyone gets even busier and everyone gets DIFFERENT responsibilities like Rias managing the Gremory business, time is going to get even less. This is the last I will say to this theme.
Quote:
Again, look at the spirit of what you're inplying. Now we're reading a gritty war story where Issei must neglect his children and the people he loves to protect them from impending death/evil from Valvazoa's incursion? A situation which has led the son born from the person he cares about most in the world to hate him and adopt his best friend as a father figure while Issei acts as some sort of Mockingjay for the Underworld?
Yeesh. I'm gonna go back to reading the story about the kid who powers up by poking breasts.
What I am implying is that Ise is busy. End of story. For example If he is home only for 2 hours every day while Kiba (probably the bodyguard of the children) spends the whole day with them, who is going to be liked more? I have already said that but I am going to repeat myself one more time. He already is neglecting his friends for his responsibilities, like training, devils work, charitable work, Oppai dragon work and fighting terrorists. He is only going to get busier.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 16:16   Link #2224
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
If strenght meant influence then Great Red and Ophis would be politicians. But they aren't. Why? Because they don't care. And does Ise care? No.

On yeah, she gets so little time. It's not like they spend most of the off days together. Most of the volumes start with Ise saying that some days or weeks had passed since X happened. Heck in v20 itself there was one or two times besides the start that a time skip happened. Do you seriously think that he didn't spend time with them when serious shit isn't happening?
Exactly. I agree here.

Seriously, Ise really isn't the type that would neglect his family just for work. In the spoiler for EX that we got, it clearly says that he neglects them for his job which doesn't really refer to saving the world at all - it refers to the Oppai Dragon stuff and whatever work he has to do for Rias' father's company (he did say to his teacher on Parent-Teacher Meeting Day that he wants to for Rias' father's company). The part about saving the world only got involved as part of the war in which he won, but had to make sacrifices.

So yeah, again, I'm calling BS until we have the complete story. And again, this is time-travel. All of this can be fixed. And if Ishibumi did say that EX won't any effect whatsoever on the main story and we can go on reading the main story without having to worry about EX, then you guys had better believe that all of this stuff won't matter by the time EX ends. It'll all be fixed, after all.
Old 2015-08-28, 16:24   Link #2225
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidfe View Post
Even If one doesn’t want to play the game, the game will play them. Millicas is a Kid, yet there are already parties forming around him. The young devils were used as pawns by the the political parties during the rating games and even though Ophis is not interested in the world, she was still being used as a political tool by the chaos brigade or however the old name was. When Ise becomes strong enough people will seek to use him and therefore he will have to play the game in one way or another.

I have already quoted the LN. They spend time together but only because they are living and fighting together but even though they are spending most time together they have barely any free time to ACUTALLY spend private time together. In the Future when everyone gets even busier and everyone gets DIFFERENT responsibilities like Rias managing the Gremory business, time is going to get even less. This is the last I will say to this theme.

What I am implying is that Ise is busy. End of story. For example If he is home only for 2 hours every day while Kiba (probably the bodyguard of the children) spends the whole day with them, who is going to be liked more? I have already said that but I am going to repeat myself one more time. He already is neglecting his friends for his responsibilities, like training, devils work, charitable work, Oppai dragon work and fighting terrorists. He is only going to get busier.
Ophis was never used for political means. She asked them to kill GR and gave them her power.

If you think people will be able to play Ise you're dreaming. The guy just curbstomped a fucking Super Devil. There's absolutely no one in the Underworld that can hope to threaten him.

He said their time is more limited but he's not neglecting his friends. Matsuda and Motohama are mere aquaintences at this point, so of course if he has to choose between his actual friends and those guys he'll choose his actual friends.

He has no obligation whatsoever of being a celebrity. He can just sell the copyrights of the Oppai Dragon to someone who works in the media and focus that time on his family. He clearly choose not to do that.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 16:35   Link #2226
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Ophis was never used for political means. She asked them to kill GR and gave them her power.

If you think people will be able to play Ise you're dreaming. The guy just curbstomped a fucking Super Devil. There's absolutely no one in the Underworld that can hope to threaten him.

He said their time is more limited but he's not neglecting his friends. Matsuda and Motohama are mere aquaintences at this point, so of course if he has to choose between his actual friends and those guys he'll choose his actual friends.

He has no obligation whatsoever of being a celebrity. He can just sell the copyrights of the Oppai Dragon to someone who works in the media and focus that time on his family. He clearly choose not to do that.
This. A million times, this. Why can't you guys who are going on and on about defending the bad turn Future Ise's character took see this?
Old 2015-08-28, 16:41   Link #2227
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
This. A million times, this. Why can't you guys who are going on and on about defending the bad turn Future Ise's character took see this?
You are the ones who don't see that people CHANGE depending on what experience they go through. Is it a bad turn for Issei? Yes it is. Is it OOC or impossible? No it is not. It's realistic which is something your side has repeatedly been against because it goes against the so called spirit of the original series.
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 16:45   Link #2228
Archilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkligh View Post
You are the ones who don't see that people CHANGE depending on what experience they go through. Is it a bad turn for Issei? Yes it is. Is it OOC or impossible? No it is not. It's realistic which is something your side has repeatedly been against because it goes against the so called spirit of the original series.
I believe you're referring to me who "so called" that? Yes, people can change.

But really, after reading all you have about DxD, you're really going to say that this isn't out of place in this series?
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 16:49   Link #2229
Darkligh

Quote:

But really, after reading all you have about DxD, you're really going to say that this isn't out of place in this series?
No because this is a bad end future. Bad things happened and they threw Issei off his intended track in life. But that's life. Shit happens. You either adapt to it or get beaten by it.

I know this is going to get fixed somehow either by the time travel group preventing the invasion from ever happening somehow or some other means. However the fact that Ishibumi took this route for that timeline is not bad writing and it is NOT ooc. Because a character is not STATIC.

Plus the fact that these kids were born in those tense circumstances is proof they'll definitely be born in the intended peace time of the Core novels.
Old 2015-08-28, 16:54   Link #2230
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:

I'd just like to butt in here and note that DxD has become progressively darker as the series goes on. From the fights in volume 4, to those in volume 9, to the torturous fights in volumes 17 and 20 versus Grendel and the others. It's not a surprise that 30 years into the future it gets even worse and starts to interfere with his private time to a serious extent.

And I swear, if Ise didn't have a threesome with Kuroka and Koneko I'm going to be upset. Luckily the similar ages implies it did happen.
Old 2015-08-28, 16:55   Link #2231
Archilla

Quote:
No because this is a bad end future. Bad things happened and they threw Issei off his intended track in life. But that's life. Shit happens. You either adapt to it or get beaten by it.

I know this is going to get fixed somehow either by the time travel group preventing the invasion from ever happening somehow or some other means. However the fact that Ishibumi took this route for that timeline is not bad writing and it is NOT ooc. Because a character is not STATIC.

Plus the fact that these kids were born in those tense circumstances is proof they'll definitely be born in the intended peace time of the Core novels.
You seem to think that I'm saying any change is OOC, which I'm not. I think its been well put by others as well that with Issei's core character traits this is in fact OOC. We've mentioned various examples, and I'll do another. Remember that time he almost murdered a young girl over his friends getting hurt in a friendly RG? And now he ignores his kids? You haven't responded to this with anything more than "people change."

But whatever. We seem to be opposed too diametrically for this discussion to continue. I've wasted enough energy already.

Edit: Hey, fair point Gary. That has been a trend. Oh well, either way I'm gonna move on.
Old 2015-08-28, 16:57   Link #2232
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
I'd just like to butt in here and note that DxD has become progressively darker as the series goes on. From the fights in volume 4, to those in volume 9, to the torturous fights in volumes 17 and 20 versus Grendel and the others. It's not a surprise that 30 years into the future it gets even worse and starts to interfere with his private time to a serious extent.

And I swear, if Ise didn't have a threesome with Kuroka and Koneko I'm going to be upset. Luckily the similar ages implies it did happen.
Thank you! Someone finally mentioned the increasing darkness!

LOL Kuroka and Koneko at the same time. Well I'm sure Kuroka would not mind at all.
Old 2015-08-28, 16:59   Link #2233
Tbolt

Everyone Just needs to take a breather and go to your happy place and relax. I read some posts and know right from the start they have NOT been in a life threatening situation but feel they can comment on a fiction story like it has happened to them, and if you are one of them...Shut the hell up and go to your happy place.
Old 2015-08-28, 17:03   Link #2234
Hidfe

Quote:
Her name was/is used to unite the people who have a problem with the alliance. How is this not an example for “used for political means”?
Quote:
Everything he does has already political consequences for the current Lucifer because he is part of the Gremory. The more influence and power he wields, the dire the consequences. His behavior will be used one way or another by other people like the families of politicians are used in reality.

Quote:
They were his best friends. That you call them his aquaintences now shows how much he is neglecting them.
Quote:
So he doesn’t have the responsibility to protect the dreams of the children? And who says he is just doing celebrity work? I do not know why you ignore the fact that there is an ongoing war with another world.
Quote:
I am not arguing that he has changed. I am arguing that saving the world and neglecting family and friends is in his character because it is already happening.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 17:05   Link #2235
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:

Realistic? Which part of anything in D×D is realistic? Absolutely none. This isn't even done for something purposeful, it's just a gritty plot device for the sake of a gritty plot device.

Oh yeah, it got so much dark. Remember that good guy who died or suffered a permanent psychological trauma? Me neither.

@EDIT:
It wasn't against her will, she didn't give a shit as long as she got Great Red's head in a silver platter.And when it was the time that he cared for political consequences more than protecting his friends happiness? Again, never.

He's not neglecting Motohama and Matsuda for that reason. He got into a completely different world so of course he wouldn't be able to continue being best friends with them. He got new friends which he made a much deeper bond with.

Actually, no he doesn't. It's a fucking Tokusatsu TV show. Just look at Power Rangers, Kamen Rider and GARO. Did they keep the same characters forever? No. Did it stop being cool to watch as a kid? No... OK, Power Rangers now is really stupid, but there were a handful of good seasons after the first one. Or maybe I just grew up. I think it was the former though.

Last edited by Chichiryuushintei; 2015-08-28 at 21:17.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 19:09   Link #2236
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Hidfe: It's not out of character because it's already happening? That's a really weak argument, you know that, right? Yes, we know that people change, but the fact is that no one changes so drastically that even their core personality traits become the polar opposite of what they were before. That is supposed to be completely and utterly impossible. That's why we're saying that the way Ise has gotten in the future is out of character for him.

The only way I'd be fine with it would be if there's a really, really good explanation for why he neglected his family for the sake of his job and so that he could continue being a celebrity. The war already happened, and Ise defeated the enemies, albeit at a very drastic price. He'd better have started to try to find a way to cure Asia. If that's part of the reason he doesn't have enough time for his family, I could sort of see it being justified - but only "sort of".
Old 2015-08-28, 22:58   Link #2237
Glacium Frost
Rider Enthusiast

Alright, someone, anyone really, level with me here. I just need, one, small, favor. For someone to explain the acronym UL? It's been used when referring to the 'war'. There's 112 pages and I can't be bothered to look through them all, if you can take the time to argue back and forth about Issei being OOC or not and everything, just take some time to answer one simple question.
Glacium Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 23:03   Link #2238
Archilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacium Frost View Post
Alright, someone, anyone really, level with me here. I just need, one, small, favor. For someone to explain the acronym UL? It's been used when referring to the 'war'. There's 112 pages and I can't be bothered to look through them all, if you can take the time to argue back and forth about Issei being OOC or not and everything, just take some time to answer one simple question.
Honestly I have no idea.
Old 2015-08-28, 23:10   Link #2239
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacium Frost View Post
Unknown Life?
Old 2015-08-28, 23:15   Link #2240
Glacium Frost
Rider Enthusiast

Quote:
Honestly I have no idea.
It's alright thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Unknown Life?
...fucking dammit, I've been stressed out over that acronym for something this simple. I really do need sleep.
Glacium Frost is offline   Reply With Quote