AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-08-31, 04:32   Link #2521
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Vol 20 that has not been translated at all has 126 pages on this forums while vol 19 that is being translated only has 63 pages, that some major difference there
That's because unlike v19 where the contents of it just trickled out with spoilers here and there, the content of the whole v20 was able to be discussed in a matter of days after the volume was released.

Before v20 was released, the page count of this thread was 39.
Old 2015-08-31, 08:01   Link #2522
Biohazardous

I doubt vol 19 will get a lot of action even once fully translated. It would have been fine if it was done before vol 20. With us having and knowing what's in vol 20 it weakens what's going on in vol 19 in comparison.
Old 2015-08-31, 08:11   Link #2523
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
I doubt vol 19 will get a lot of action even once fully translated. It would have been fine if it was done before vol 20. With us having and knowing what's in vol 20 it weakens what's going on in vol 19 in comparison.
Thats true but vol 19 is also very weak. the amount of discussion you can actually have is extremely limited. Even with the current translations it really is a letdown. 18 was weak as well. Vol 20 gives us a bunch of events that are really good and even with what we currently know its a solid volume and everything else is icing on the cake.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-31, 09:00   Link #2524
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Thats true but vol 19 is also very weak. the amount of discussion you can actually have is extremely limited. Even with the current translations it really is a letdown. 18 was weak as well. Vol 20 gives us a bunch of events that are really good and even with what we currently know its a solid volume and everything else is icing on the cake.
This. So much awesomeness happens in 20 that we can theorycraft about for months to come.

Plus we have a really really good summary about 20 so we can have in depth nuts and bolts discussions.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-31, 10:38   Link #2525
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
This. So much awesomeness happens in 20 that we can theorycraft about for months to come.

Plus we have a really really good summary about 20 so we can have in depth nuts and bolts discussions.
Direwolf thats what most of you guys do anyway. I gotta admit i'm stupified at how sometimes before volumes are even out you guys spend 15-20 pages talking about things that could or should happen.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-08-31, 12:03   Link #2526
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That's because it's fun to discuss those things. You should participate, too, you know? Might make it more fun.
Old 2015-08-31, 13:26   Link #2527
ImperialFlameGod8190

I do participate not as much as some of you but i do

Old 2015-09-02, 16:05   Link #2528
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
Unless there is another Longinus that is an external manifestation-type, Tiamat cannot possibly have one.

Besides, why would she need one? she's the strongest (or atleast close second) among the Dragons who're actively involved in the world.
Perhaps Telos Karma is, just like Sephiroth Graal. After all, Tiamat's nickname is Chaos Karma Dragon, right? I think it makes sense and adds more twist other than, let's say, a Longinus detector.
Old 2015-09-02, 21:46   Link #2529
anifreik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel_Saeba View Post
Perhaps Telos Karma is, just like Sephiroth Graal. After all, Tiamat's nickname is Chaos Karma Dragon, right? I think it makes sense and adds more twist other than, let's say, a Longinus detector.
Thing is, you have to be at least part human in your origin to have a sacred gear/longinus. Tiamat has always been a dragon, therefore she cannot have one.
Old 2015-09-02, 22:07   Link #2530
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifreik View Post
Thing is, you have to be at least part human in your origin to have a sacred gear/longinus. Tiamat has always been a dragon, therefore she cannot have one.
She can if they acquired it from the original possessor. Sairaorg and Azazel aren't even partly humans and they can use it.

I don't think she has a Longinus though. At least I don't see any evidence to it.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 22:14   Link #2531
The 48th Ronin

I thought Sacred Gears are made to protect humanity.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 23:05   Link #2532
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
I thought Sacred Gears are made to protect humanity.
I don't think it was ever said why they were made exactly.
Old 2015-09-02, 23:45   Link #2533
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
She can if they acquired it from the original possessor. Sairaorg and Azazel aren't even partly humans and they can use it.

I don't think she has a Longinus though. At least I don't see any evidence to it.
Sairaorg reincarnated Regulus into a Devil.

Azazel created his Sacred Gears.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 23:46   Link #2534
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Quote:

Yep, thanks for correcting Chichi.

But from Shiva's reaction when he saw the phone, I guess it has to be related to a Longinus or something.

Last edited by Ariel_Saeba; 2015-09-03 at 00:41.
Ariel_Saeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 00:21   Link #2535
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
I don't think it was ever said why they were made exactly.
I read somewhere in earlier volumes that SGs are "emergency weapons" created by Bible God to be used by humans to defend themselves in case he dies, or if Heaven is defeated in the war.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 06:31   Link #2536
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Sairaorg reincarnated Regulus into a Devil.

Azazel created his Sacred Gears.
Reynare used Twilight Healing.
Old 2015-09-03, 08:02   Link #2537
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
I read somewhere in earlier volumes that SGs are "emergency weapons" created by Bible God to be used by humans to defend themselves in case he dies, or if Heaven is defeated in the war.
That is the case. They were created to give humans a chance at defending themselves since the other factions are so much stronger.
Old 2015-09-03, 09:57   Link #2538
B214

Quote:
She extracted them from Asia but that's just a normal SG, remember what Azazel said when Valerie had her Longinus extracted, the extraction of a Longinus and a Sacred Gear is of different scale.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 10:01   Link #2539
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
She extracted them from Asia but that's just a normal SG, remember what Azazel said when Valerie had her Longinus extracted, the extraction of a Longinus and a Sacred Gear is of different scale.
It was still doable. And Rizevim was still able to use the Sephirot Grail or whatever it's called, so yeah. Being harder to do isn't the same as being impossible.

And just to clarify, I don't think she has a Longinus with her. I'm just saying it isn't impossible for her to have one if she extracted it from the original possessor.
Old 2015-09-03, 10:01   Link #2540
anifreik

Quote:
Reynare stole Twilight Healing, she never actually used it. Issei and Rias killed her first. Which begs the question, if she could have used it, wouldn't it have healed her while Issei was kicking her ass?