AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2015-09-04, 12:56   Link #21
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I often watch credits in theaters, but I still only watch anime OP/ED a few times unless they are uniquely entertaining. At a movie, you just have that one chance to see the credits unlike a series which gives you the opportunity each week.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 15:23   Link #22
RichardFromMarple

I've found I often need them to get warmed up & then to cool down mentally afterwards.

Also some themes are really good to listen to so I don't want to miss the chance.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-07, 08:21   Link #23
sunchips18
shinobi of darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
For me personally, I watch the OP and ED of every episode pretty much without fail. To me, it's part of the natural flow of the content and helps to set the tone/flavour of the work. Since a lot of shows try to end on a high note or a cliffhanger, I usually like to have the ED to help offset and give me a bit to ponder what happened in the episode.

(Then again, I also sit through credits in movie theatres, too. The medleys usually sum up the themes of the story and give me time to reflect on what I just saw, and I also think it's respectful to the people who worked on the movie and whose names are in the credits. I realize, though, that basically nobody does this (in North America, anyway). I annoy friends and family when I go to the theatre with them because they just want to get out of there.)
This pretty much reflects my opinion on the whole matter. I watch it every time. Sure, I might not be as focused on them each and every time like I used to, but I still watch them. It just doesn't quite feel complete unless I've watched all of it.
Old 2015-09-07, 10:19   Link #24
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Mostbof the time I watch them 1-2 times and then I skip them. Although if I like the song, I always watch it (examples: both openings of Garo, first opening of Toriko, Ushio to Tora opening, latest Durarara opening)
Same here, though in my case I have like the animation sequence too and not just the song. For example skipping Attack on Titan's first OP was unthinkable to me because how much like everything about. It's basically microcosm everything love about the anime as whole distilled in over a minute and it always got me pumped up to watch an epiosde.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-07, 15:25   Link #25
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
For me personally, I watch the OP and ED of every episode pretty much without fail. To me, it's part of the natural flow of the content and helps to set the tone/flavour of the work. Since a lot of shows try to end on a high note or a cliffhanger, I usually like to have the ED to help offset and give me a bit to ponder what happened in the episode.

(Then again, I also sit through credits in movie theatres, too. The medleys usually sum up the themes of the story and give me time to reflect on what I just saw, and I also think it's respectful to the people who worked on the movie and whose names are in the credits. I realize, though, that basically nobody does this (in North America, anyway). I annoy friends and family when I go to the theatre with them because they just want to get out of there.)
That's how I feel too. I always watch the opening. The only exceptions are if I am marathoning a anime or I just really don't like the opening.
Old 2015-09-08, 07:44   Link #26
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Personally, for me, it depends on how much I like the opening/endings. For instance, there are some openings or endings I watched regularly and some I still sometimes listen to, some particularly memorable ones IMO were:

Magia- Madoka Magica ED

All of the Mirai Nikki OP/EDs, particularly Kyouki Chinden and Blood Teller

Watamote OP

One of the Death Note OP/EDs, forget the name

First Higurashi OP

Deadman Wonderland OP- (TBH thought the song was better than the anime)

I know there are more I'm forgetting, but really, the point of this list is, I watch the OP/ED if I like it, if not, I may skip it. If it's downright annoying, I will definitely skip it.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 12:21   Link #27
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Depends if it's good or not, I've heard some good sounding openings before that have me wanting to rematch it a lot.

Than I've heard some pretty awful ones where I just want to skip over themXD

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 15:47   Link #28
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

When a season is new, I watch them all, but if an OP or ED (or both) becomes boring or otherwise uninteresting, I skip it. I refuse to watch 90 seconds of a song I cannot stomach, for whatever reason that may be.
Old 2015-09-14, 17:22   Link #29
Dextro
He Without a Title

Back when I started watching anime I used to never skip the OP and ED of each show but nowadays I tend to watch the OP only once and skim through these forums while the ED plays. Of course from time to time some OP are so particularly likeable that I just have to watch them from start to finish (like the Death Parade one which is now stuck in my head again) or that are so well integrated into the show that it's a true crime to not watch them but, to be fair, these latter ones tend to be exceedingly rare (Main example for me is the opening sequences to the Aria anime adaptations. They are always different and the songs set the mood of the show perfectly. /end_fanboy_mode ).
Old 2015-09-26, 22:21   Link #30
tag1981

Yes, for at least the first 2 or 3 eps. If I like I will continue watching and maybe even add the song to my itunes. But if I don't it gets skipped.
tag1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 23:26   Link #31
Syndiciate

Definitely unless it's truly awful. I haven't encountered an OP or ED so horrible that I haven't been able to watch/listen to it fully through at least the first episode though.
Syndiciate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-10, 08:32   Link #32
PhoenixRising

I normally watch the opening and ending sequences in full for the first couple of episodes at the start, and then depending if I like it or not, I'll either keep on watching it in full or skip them completely. At least until the 2nd opening/ending appears in the middle of a series.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 17:12   Link #33
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Most anime I will watch the op once or twice. But since I started watched Toaru Kagaku no Railgun and S I have watched the op everytime. I really enjoyed the series music.
Kamijou Touma IB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 22:41   Link #34
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Lately I find myself watching and listening to both the OP and ED of Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. Neither of these songs is exotic, but they both fit the mood of the show and employ decent singers.
Old 2017-03-14, 09:49   Link #35
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I watch fully the OP and ED of an anime that I'm following. Helps get into the mood.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 14:18   Link #36
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
On a related issue, does anyone watch the ending sequence? I usually don't unless it's very catchy so i get annoyed with shows that have stuff after the credits.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 15:13   Link #37
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I watch the ED at least once or twice. If I discover that there will be a follow-on segment after it, I make sure either to watch it every time or skip ahead past the song.
Old 2017-03-14, 15:18   Link #38
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
On a related issue, does anyone watch the ending sequence? I usually don't unless it's very catchy so i get annoyed with shows that have stuff after the credits.
I'm getting more annoyed at it nowadays because of streaming services. Back when fansubs were all we got those guys would almost always had chapters that allowed easy skipping but now I had to develop the skill of skipping 2 minutes or so to reach the after credits scene. Also 1m30s for the OP, that one I got down to the second
Old 2017-03-14, 16:58   Link #39
RichardFromMarple

Quote:
I'm guessing the post credit parts are to keep you watching, I always watched them, especially if they are a teaser for the next episode.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 06:55   Link #40
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Not really. I usually watch the ending in full for like the first 1 or 2 episodes and then I stop, unless the song is really catchy like "Los Los Los" in Tanya: Saga of Evil or Tales of Zestiria S2 then I'll watch it consecutively. If I don't like it, I normally just skip to the scenes after the credits or the previews.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote