AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-09-08, 09:04   Link #5401
God Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyriders View Post
Nah man, i just quoted his statement. But if we being logical here, this statement is kinda true, because it make more sense. I mean, a mere nail won't be a divine class, if it's really a divine class, then spuit lance isn't her only divine item (which is actually only her divine item, since her armor was legendary item). Maybe it's a mistranslation, or someone from translator maybe can explain us (if they are here).

And for cocytus blood, i think it's not his blood, but zaryusu's blood, it's impossible for him to penetrate cocytus armor, even when zaryusu kicked him, he feels like kicking a solid wall and instead hurt him rather than hurt cocytus
This is really confusing is her nails really divine class or not? I would be relieved if it was just a low class weapon because it would make a lot of sense, but the translation clearly says that it is on par with divine class weapons.

It is exactly as you say, Cocytus never really took any wound or damage from them.
God Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 09:10   Link #5402
Areswarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Slayer View Post
While it's true that it was due to a combination of various martial skills nonetheless the item quality of his weapon matters quite a lot when it comes to damaging attacks power and overall physical attacks power which depends on the quality of the weapon.

Only level 60 and above could bypass the damage immunity to lower tier attacks so why doesn't her nails and natural weapons count as apart of her body?

Yeah exactly, the katana should in no way be unscathed after doing something like that.

Did Frost Pain really wound Cocytus's armor? I don't remember that happening.

The item quality is really inconsistent in this series, lower tier items and weapons should not under any circumstances be able to damage the highest class items in the world who are called ''divine class'' even if they used various skills and abilities they still shouldn't be able to do it at all, especially if they are used by lower level characters with vast difference between them and their opponents such as Shalltear lvl 100 and Brain lvl 28-29 or Cocytus lvl 100 and Zaryusu lvl 20 not just in their own personal power but also in the item quality levels as well but yet for some miraculous reason they could which makes no sense.
there is a huge different be between natural weapon and a real weapon here [Ainz had Divine class items, so many that he could cover every part of his body with them. However, it did not mean these items could be easily manufactured.
YGGDRASIL magic items were created from embedded computer data crystals, but then the performance of computer data crystals dropped by monsters was uneven, therefore to manufacture Divine class items it was necessary to have several “extremely rare loot” computer data crystals for it to be possible. Not only that, if you wanted these computer data crystals to be embedded into a container—— such as a sword-type weapon——it had to be a weapon forged from ultra-rare metal for it to be possible.] So as said by Aniz it is super hard to make divine gear, so if it so easy for natural weapons to stand up to them why even give her one? Brain got that sword from south which was super expensive, combined with three martial art techniques that never existed in YGGDRASIL, hitting one spot four times at full power and speed from a guy prepared to die. so all of that coming together to chip a nail which was blocking them half-heatedly from the start what could happen?
Areswarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 09:58   Link #5403
Schattenbach

Quote:
Only level 60 and above could bypass the damage immunity to lower tier attacks
That's Ainz's passiv skill, not Shalltear's ... Shaltear possesses a different set of passive immunities and resistances (like, for example, how her magic immunity is tier-based instead of level-based). What Shalltear possess is something that's more along the lines of damage reduction (when facing the adventurers in Vol.3 ... ["A silver weapon by itself was useless against Shalltear. On top of being forged with silver, it would have to be infused with powerful magic, or made of special metals."] ... Ainz, for example, managed to harm her just fine with sufficiently powerful weapons not made out of silver ... so it likely only reduces the damage itself by a certain amount) which is different from physical attack nullification skills (that outright negate the effect of that attack). I've no idea what other kind of protective passive skills Shalltear possesses, though.

Quote:
so why doesn't her nails and natural weapons count as apart of her body?
If they're not part of her HP pool but "additional weapons" instead, it's quite likely that they get the same threatment as weapons that characters actually use their hands for and such. But yeah ... both options are possible ... so until that issue is actually plainly stated, we have no way to know how Yggdrasil handled those.

Quote:
Yeah exactly, the katana should in no way be unscathed after doing something like that.
Yeah ... that's what I said. One of the few reasonable solutions is that his weapon never directly clashed against her nail four times at the same time, so that only the skill itself made contact. But who knows if that's actually the case.

Quote:
Did Frost Pain really wound Cocytus's armor? I don't remember that happening.
No, but it would've wounded him (according to Cocytus own thought process in vol.4) in the end if Cocytus didn't activate that temporary physical attack nullification skill (he was actually forced to activate that skill) he possesses.

Edit: About a point I've mentioned before ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schattenbach View Post
Another possibility is that these claws are only considered "divine-class" for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction (like Shalltears, that requires "silver hand a powerful magic weapon" to get through) or attack nullification skills (like Ainz's or Cocytus's attack nullification skills that nullify physical attacks below a certain quality grade) ... so they're basically like the "Epic" description that the natural weapons of plenty of high-end DnD 3.5 creatures have that naturally allows their natural weapons to do regular damage against other high-end enemies.
After all, it would be kind of silly if she couldn't suck the blood of another level 100 character because "the quality of her vampire fangs is too low".

Last edited by Schattenbach; 2015-09-08 at 10:14.
Schattenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 10:00   Link #5404
bloodyriders

So, her nail is actually a divine item from npc itself, instead of equipment?
But i'm still sticking with the theory that her nail was counted as low tier weapon, except if that nail have a very low stat and the divine class is just like grade, i think i can accepted that a bit

And no bullshit nakama power, even if there is bullshit power, i hope it won't one shot any evil thing, maybe a paw scratch on her hand will be enough. Overlord is about the strong stumble the weak afterall
bloodyriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 11:14   Link #5405
Schattenbach

Shalltear's true vampire form really isn't nice to look at ...
Old 2015-09-08, 11:22   Link #5406
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schattenbach View Post
Shalltear's true vampire form really isn't nice to look at ...
It's not supposed to be nice
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 11:23   Link #5407
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yeah, I liked the designed given to her true form in the anime...it's supposed to be an ugly and savage look....and hell did they pull it off well in that department.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 11:33   Link #5408
Schattenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkligh View Post
It's not supposed to be nice
I know. I was just referencing the "discussion" between Albedo and Shalltear about their real form that was beautified by their respective creator. Shalltear really gives of some amount of frogginess (the state of being frog-like that is ... not the state of being of french nationality) and "fishiness" ... I wonder how big and hulk-like Albedo's true form is going to be.

Last edited by Schattenbach; 2015-09-08 at 11:37. Reason: fixed something
Old 2015-09-08, 11:35   Link #5409
RDNexus

I'm not sure if I asked this before but, until last week's episode, how has the adaption been faring? How faithful has it been so far?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 11:45   Link #5410
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I'm not sure if I asked this before but, until last week's episode, how has the adaption been faring? How faithful has it been so far?
some minors stuff got skip but Madhouse is doing a excellent job in being faithful to the source.
Old 2015-09-08, 11:47   Link #5411
Fwarlord

I just wonder one thing, how did Demiurge figured out what kind of person Renner truly was to came and made contact in the first place?
Old 2015-09-08, 11:51   Link #5412
Schattenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
I just wonder one thing, how did Demiurge figured out what kind of person Renner truly was to came and made contact in the first place?
No idea ... He originally said something along the lines of "that there was something in Sebas report" to Ainz when he told Ainz that he had some additional stuff to take care of.

Maybe some rumors about Climbs involment or some general details/rumors about princess Renner (maybe some "slander" about some kind of affair between Renner and Climb)?

Edit: Another possibility is that he had the same suspicion Lakyus had when it came to the question ... "why is it that the golden princess does such a half-assed job at reforming the kingdom by doing many things in a way she should know will fail?" but actually was willing to embrace the conclusion Lakyus was unwilling to accept.

Last edited by Schattenbach; 2015-09-08 at 11:57. Reason: added some details
Old 2015-09-08, 11:53   Link #5413
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Some minor stuff got skipped but Madhouse is doing a excellent job in being faithful to the source.
If they had gone line per line, how many more episodes do you think they might have needed?
Old 2015-09-08, 12:03   Link #5414
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
If they had gone line per line, how many more episodes do you think they might have needed?
About 20 total episodes I guess...people already complaining about the slow pacing...going line for line would have made the show unwatchable for many non-LN readers.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 12:03   Link #5415
Areswarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Demiurge read the reports and using rumor and speculation in them to check it out, and hit pay dirt just like how Renner was able to discover Reaven was the true leader of the Royalty Faction based on rumor and hints pieced togther from all over.
Areswarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 12:08   Link #5416
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
About 20 total episodes I guess...people already complaining about the slow pacing...going line for line would have made the show unwatchable for many non-LN readers.
HUH?! Something like 10 episodes for each volume?! Dear Goodness!!!
Old 2015-09-08, 12:08   Link #5417
Schattenbach

Quote:
This episode, they cut away over 10 minutes (Zack's side of the story, the additional stuff that happened at the restaurant/inn, the entire talk about the eight floor and its secrets as well as Shalltear going berserk in the carriage, Shalltear as well as Solution and Sebas talking about Shalltear's task as well as what happened to Zack, some more details about all those fights).

They skipped quite a bit of the internal reasoning and thoughts of most characters in general.
Old 2015-09-08, 12:09   Link #5418
Animangaxe

Quote:
i dont know, maybe 5 or 6 more, but it would be boring as hell. The pace in anime and in LN is totally different.
My only fear it is turning into a No game no life finale. Everything was fine until the last 5 min.
Animangaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 12:14   Link #5419
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areswarlord View Post
Demiurge read the reports and using rumor and speculation in them to check it out, and hit pay dirt just like how Renner was able to discover Reaven was the true leader of the Royalty Faction based on rumor and hints pieced togther from all over.
You sure it's not because being a devil gives Demiurge the ability to check other's sense of justice thus he flied straight to the most evil human in the royal palace's room?
Old 2015-09-08, 12:15   Link #5420
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animangaxe View Post
i dont know, maybe 5 or 6 more, but it would be boring as hell. The pace in anime and in LN is totally different.
My only fear it is turning into a No game no life finale. Everything was fine until the last 5 min.
Can you remind me about that? I no longer remember how NGNL ended...

And, well... Given how Rokka is hell-bent on having only Vol01 adapted in this series, I guess it ends up being a matter of tastes?

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination