AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-09-09, 04:01   Link #5461
expertsource

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Not in any specific chapters, but through various events during chapter 6 and volume 9.

In volume 6, Shalltear recognized Climb as someone she was instructed not to kill. Similarly in volume 9, Demiurge requested Ainz refrain from kiling certain individuals such as Marquis Raeven.
i thought he was kileed by the goats in web novel part massacre. while he was trying to escape and thinking he could be only one who can raise back the country again. but in the end he was just afraid of dying.

Are you saying this because you read light novel and he isn't killed there?
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 04:15   Link #5462
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
i thought he was kileed by the goats in web novel part massacre. while he was trying to escape and thinking he could be only one who can raise back the country again. but in the end he was just afraid of dying.

Are you saying this because you read light novel and he isn't killed there?
It's a common knowedge from spoilers that Raeven was killed in WN and was not killed in LN.
Old 2015-09-09, 04:45   Link #5463
expertsource

hmm. because it wasn't in here i didn't know that:

http://overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wi...lord_Web_Novel
Old 2015-09-09, 06:04   Link #5464
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
But ainz outright implied albedo couldn't which make no sense since she have a world class item with her so albedo chance of winning was very high unless the difference between them was so huge that the wc couldn't make a impact, well the main reason seem to be he didn't want his children to kill each other, but ainz also said that shalltar was the strongest of the guardian too I believe and albedo didn't denied it.

But if you look at it logically shalltar might indeed be the strongest guardian not counting albedo at that point cause of wc item but overall in nazarick at that point they should have been like 2 other not counting ainz and albedo who could have beat her. One is pretty obvious which is rubedo and the other is pandora actor I mean if he turn into touch me and wear his item, even at 80% he should still have been able to handle shalltar.
Maybe it is simple combat experience? Shalltear was the one guardian who faced the most battles, probably more than all the other guardians together and definitely more than Albedo who was waiting in the throne room.It stands to reason that some of the invaders would try to use world-class items against them (even if it would be overkill), so AOG probably kept that in mind when they created her.

As for why Shalltear is the "strongest": The reason for that doesn't have to be her level or equipment or whatever...
Gargantua is "just" a golem, without a commander it is useless.
Cocytus is a pure warrior and while he probably doesn't have a way to heal himself, he definitely doesn't have any magic. Instead he uses different weapons and his innate abilities to adapt to the situation.
Aura&Mare combat strength depend mostly on Aura's pet collection, if they die they can no longer respawn so they probably won't be thrown into combat any time soon.
Demiurge's primary weapon seems to be debuffs, and undead are immune against that... other than that he has his minions who summon more minions...
Albedo is a meatshield. Considering that she was stationed in the Throne Room, where AOG planned to have the "final fight", she was designed to absorb attacks from invading level 100 players to protect the "squishier" members of AOG. Albedo might be able to "outlast" any other Guardian, but against Shalltear, who is basically a self-replenishing perpetuum mobile?
Pandora might be able to deal with her, but to be honest: we've never seen him fight, or how he would approach a fight against Shalltear... His "weapons" are basically a few dozen level 100 players at 80% strength. Using their personal equipment he might make up for the lost 20%... but would that be enough?

Compared to all the others Shalltear is the most dangerous... She can ignore most of the weaker attacks with her resistances, can deal both physical and magical damage, is immune to most debuffs and if she runs out of MP or HP she can use her vampiric abilities to heal herself by leeching whatever she needs from her "kin" or the attackers.

Arguing that throwing a few world-class items at her would allow anyone to deal with her? I'm pretty sure there were a few players who tried to do exactly that... also, not every WCI is a weapon that deals "OMGWTF" damage. At the moment we know what some of the more powerful/famous WCIs can do, but did we learn what the Guardian's WCI (which they didn't have at the time of the Shalltear incident) actually does?
Or for that matter, what Albedo's WCI is actually called and what it's effects are?
Ainz has a reason why he rates Shalltear so highly, even with the dozen WCI in the guild's possession.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 06:20   Link #5465
Schattenbach

Mare seems to be strong enough on his own, though.

Pandoras Actor has the same overwhelming advantage a DnD 3.5 wizard has ... incredible utility that allows to solve problems without any issue.
Schattenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 06:24   Link #5466
dragonking9

Quote:
hmm. because it wasn't in here i didn't know that:

http://overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wi...lord_Web_Novel
it would be better if you stop reading spoilers and just read the book. Just wait patiently for the TL if you can't understand japs or chinese. Keep reading the wiki is pointless. It lack a lot of info,false information edited by anons,stupid questions by anons,a lot of cursing and you just spoil yourself while you keep asking more question that is already out there.
dragonking9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 06:25   Link #5467
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
Pandora might be able to deal with her, but to be honest: we've never seen him fight, or how he would approach a fight against Shalltear... His "weapons" are basically a few dozen level 100 players at 80% strength. Using their personal equipment he might make up for the lost 20%... but would that be enough?
I would like to see his performance...oops...I mean fight
Old 2015-09-09, 07:17   Link #5468
human6861

Speak about Kyouhukou (who going to get assault by Entoma) after SP 6
I don't know if the author model him after "Joe's apartment"
You know , dancing cockroaches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnh5QYnREsE
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 07:55   Link #5469
Schattenbach

About Vol.6 ... it was pretty obvious that Demiurge (even without knowing how much she managed to blow up pretty much all goals of her previous big mission) is much more aware of Shalltear's tendency to screw up as when compared to Ainz's awareness of that matter, which is why Demiurge took her on the short leash during the mission.
Old 2015-09-09, 08:39   Link #5470
God Slayer

Quote:
Aura&Mare combat strength depend mostly on Aura's pet collection, if they die they can no longer respawn so they probably won't be thrown into combat any time soon.
No, Mare is the second strongest guardian who can also compete with Shalltear for the top strongest, he has quite a diverse abilities considering his stats which are high in all around not just magically but physically as well.

Aura's pets can't be respawned but they could be revived, it's possible they could be revived using the guild system and not lose exp or levels.

Gargantua is not ''just'' a golem if he could have more power than the most powerful floor guardian, besides why doesn't he count? after all back in YGGDRASIL you could argue that all NPCs acted like him.

Also Shalltear is called the strongest floor guardian not the strongest level 100 NPC so Albedo, Sebas and Pandora's Actor don't count in that statement as they are not floor guardians.
God Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 08:47   Link #5471
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Sebas in his true form has been said to be able to overpower any of the guardians.

It honestly makes sense since his creator was the strongest player.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 08:52   Link #5472
Breimn

Reminder that Mare being a druid he should be able to shapeshift in powerful beings. Add to that his sister s buffs and you get one hell of beast.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 09:03   Link #5473
NWJY
Newbei Enter

Huh just asking is Ainz able to learn any of the world magic as I read there is the original world wild magic and martial art.
Who the loli Dragon that being mention?????
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 09:51   Link #5474
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJY View Post
Huh just asking is Ainz able to learn any of the world magic as I read there is the original world wild magic and martial art.
Who the loli Dragon that being mention?????
Players and their NPCs cannot learn Wild Magic and Martial Arts.

Loli dragon is the leader of the draconic nation.
Old 2015-09-09, 09:56   Link #5475
expertsource

do we know what ranks are wild magics? 6-7-8-9-10? or is there a known overrank wild magic?

the speech of loli queen makes me chill in the intermission of v7. she implied she can kill thousands of creatures-humans-beasts with wild magic as a last resort.
Old 2015-09-09, 10:00   Link #5476
Namorax

Even if his physical abilities are high, Mare was designed to support Aura in group fights. His abilities appear to be mostly AOE, but in a confrontation against Shalltear? He can't restrict her movements, earthquakes are useless because she can fly... I don't think there is any question who would win.
Every single guardian (and probably the Pleiades and some servants) are able to smash a few puny humans... You can't call that a feat if you are level 100.

Also, since when did Aura have buffs? Wasn't she a monster Tamer/Ranger? If she has any buffs, then they would be monster-only... unless you want to say that Mare is also "just a pet" to her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schattenbach View Post
Mare seems to be strong enough on his own, though.

Pandoras Actor has the same overwhelming advantage a DnD 3.5 wizard has ... incredible utility that allows to solve problems without any issue.
Pandora's issue is that he has a -20% penality.
the Real Touch me would be: 100% +20% boost from equipment
Pandora's touch me would be: 80% + 20% boost from equipment (if he can actually use the exact same items)

Shalltear has 100% of her abilities + whatever she receives from her equipment and her Spuit Lance. Technically, Pandora would always be "weaker" than Shalltear, even if he was able to use his mind to outmaneuver Shalltear like Ainz does.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 10:00   Link #5477
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Wild Magic does not have ranks, it is a completely separate system than the one from the game and has been weakening ever since the players came to the New World, introducing their own magic and destabilizing the natural order. I believe it is also implied that it uses the user's health.

I wouldn't worry too much, not even the Dragon Lords seem to be on the level of level 100 players.
Old 2015-09-09, 10:01   Link #5478
Fwarlord

Quote:
do we know what ranks are wild magics? 6-7-8-9-10? or is there a known overrank wild magic?

the speech of loli queen makes me chill in the intermission of v7. she implied she can kill thousands of creatures with wild magic as a last resort.
No, wild magic's different than rank magic, it isn't ranked.
While rank magic consume MP, wild magic relies on the user's soul, which's translated to EXP in Yggdrasil's term.

And the loli dragon just has a minor part of herself is dragon so she has to to use other's souls as sacrifice.
Old 2015-09-09, 10:13   Link #5479
dragonking9

you know i like the story of overlord very much but sometimes i find the author so cruel. He like to give hints but took forever to reveal it. Kyouhokou name was mention in vol1 and in vol6 when he was torturing Hilma but only in vol7 does the author reveal who he was. The ninya sister thing was mention in vol2 and only reveal in vol 6. The Shalltear incident was at vol3 and only vol4 reveal a little bit about it. Now that Rubedo was mention in vol7 i wonder how far away it is before we can see a glimpse of her. There are still so many things not reveal by the author(i for 1 like to see what happen to Clementine corpse)............. I wonder if the author like seeing us in agony.lol
dragonking9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 10:25   Link #5480
Schattenbach

Quote:
Even if his physical abilities are high, Mare was designed to support Aura in group fights. His abilities appear to be mostly AOE, but in a confrontation against Shalltear? He can't restrict her movements, earthquakes are useless because she can fly... I don't think there is any question who would win.
We don't know his exact skillset as up until this point there was no need for him to be in fights against strong opponents. All we know is that (even for Nazaricks standards) he's really strong. You shouldn't underestimate magic casters too much ... especially because there are more effective things druids should be able to do ... things that go beyond "spamming aoe spells against single targets".

Quote:
Also, since when did Aura have buffs? Wasn't she a monster Tamer/Ranger? If she has any buffs, then they would be monster-only... unless you want to say that Mare is also "just a pet" to her...
Wasn't there some info out there that she can buff her pets? And Druids might actually get access to some form of shapeshifting that we don#t know about so ... who knows? I've no idea if Aura is able to enhance Mare in some way or another.

Quote:
Pandora's issue is that he has a -20% penality.
the Real Touch me would be: 100% +20% boost from equipment
Pandora's touch me would be: 80% + 20% boost from equipment (if he can actually use the exact same items)

Shalltear has 100% of her abilities + whatever she receives from her equipment and her Spuit Lance. Technically, Pandora would always be "weaker" than Shalltear, even if he was able to use his mind to outmaneuver Shalltear like Ainz does.
There's still the claim that someone like Touch Me could take on up to four players at once. In addition, you're underestimating what access to the right spells and skills can do for you. After all, he has access to all spells and skills the guild members could use (including stuff like World Break as well as powerful limited-per-day skills or overwhelmingly powerful skills with huge cooldowns other guild players besides Ainz might've) and he can use the skillset (as well as the racial immunities) to suite his needs ... so he can basically always create a situation in which he's a bad matchup for his opponent.

There's also the issue that - even outside of combat - he will nearly always have just the right tools at hand to resolve a situation (which is much more valuable for a group of people than a simple fighter) and be able to serve any utility function he wishes.

Also ... you're mistaken about something different ... even if Shalltear could overpower him (for whatever reason), that would still not dismish his strength in any way because "strength" isn't something that is decided only by the criteria of a single 1-vs-1 fight against one specific opponent but instead by how much someone excells overall (against other opponents ... who might be just as strong or even stronger as Shalltear ... as well as when it comes to team fights).

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination