AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-09-13, 22:35   Link #5621
zanafer7

shalltear makes a big hole in Chinese dress world item,It would have the possibility of it being destroyed?
zanafer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 00:49   Link #5622
saviork

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Probbaly because she was wearing an WCI item also do something with that, but only because the Javelin hit it first, i dont think it has anything to do with stats and also the fact that woman was allowed to wear an WCI prove that she is not a mormal woman (there is a possibility that she is a God-kin too)
I dont think she wore a WCI. From what I can see Cedran's Mirror Shield (unknown item class) took the blunt of Purifying Lance, piercing the shield, then hit Cedran, pierced again his body and armor, then since the lance is 3m + remaining momentum, it still reached the old lady, pierce again but not enough to put a hole in her body. She's still near dead because of this.

It's not like Purifying Lance has enough force in it to pierce mountains. Also, Shalltear was halfway or more to being mind controlled which could have weakened her throwing strength. It was a last ditch effort.
saviork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 01:16   Link #5623
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviork View Post
I dont think she wore a WCI. From what I can see Cedran's Mirror Shield (unknown item class) took the blunt of Purifying Lance, piercing the shield, then hit Cedran, pierced again his body and armor, then since the lance is 3m + remaining momentum, it still reached the old lady, pierce again but not enough to put a hole in her body. She's still near dead because of this.

It's not like Purifying Lance has enough force in it to pierce mountains. Also, Shalltear was halfway or more to being mind controlled which could have weakened her throwing strength. It was a last ditch effort.
Arcording to Ainz, only WC level items are capable of brainwashing an Undead like Shalltear, so Beswitching Calamity (that dress) is either WCI or at least equivalent in power
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 01:44   Link #5624
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviork View Post

It did pierce through the old hag, according the anime.

And the dragon mark was not on the dress anymore. I wonder if it's a one-time use?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 02:10   Link #5625
Breimn

Don't count on the anime being canon. And about it being one-time use it seems likely. Or maybe in the NW WCI instead of disappearing have a very long reload time?We don't know yet.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 05:12   Link #5626
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
It did pierce through the old hag, according the anime.

And the dragon mark was not on the dress anymore. I wonder if it's a one-time use?
There're only 20 WCI that can only be used once, and Ainz knows all of them, but he didn't know about the one used to brainwashed Shalltear, so it doesn't among them.
Old 2015-09-14, 05:40   Link #5627
Breimn

I am quite sure that those 20 WCI you are talking about are WCI above the average WCI and we werent told what their effects are or if they alk disappear after one use. For exemple we were told is the stick that allows you to oneshot things or Longinus Lance or the WCI that allows changing yggdrasil system
Old 2015-09-14, 06:52   Link #5628
Namorax

Well, personally, I was under the impression that granny was killed, because if she survived she would've ordered Shallteare to "follow the captains orders" and we would've never seen Shalltear again (except on the battlefield, fighting against Ainz for the Theocracy).

As for bewitching calamity, it is possible that this item is an artefact using wild magic.
According to some random (spoilerish) remarks I heard, wild magic uses the caster's soul (or XP) to create magic effects.
There definitely had to be a price to use Bewitching Calamity, otherwise they wouldn't have needed the captain's authorisation to use it... heck, they would've used it against everything they encounter, bolstering their own forces and sending the brainwashed victims off to die in battle...

Clamity Granny really stands out amongst all the powerful (and therefore automatically goodlooking) people. I could imagine that if Bewitching Calamity was powered with wild magic, every usage would force granny to age a bit more. This would mean that technically, the amount of times they can use that item is limited, because granny can only age so much before dying.
Another thing that made me suspicious is that the "spell" had the form of a dragon, and dragonlords are quite a big thing in the new world. It's possibly a subtle hint from Maruyama if he really worked with the animators.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 07:02   Link #5629
Breimn

Weren't only the dragons the ones who could use wild magic after the players appeared? So for all we know it could have been used to force the players to kill themselves.
About the granny she is still alive but is comatose and her injury can't be healed by low lvl heals.

Last edited by Breimn; 2015-09-14 at 07:11. Reason: comatore to comatose
Old 2015-09-14, 07:38   Link #5630
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
I am quite sure that those 20 WCI you are talking about are WCI above the average WCI and we werent told what their effects are or if they alk disappear after one use. For exemple we were told is the stick that allows you to oneshot things or Longinus Lance or the WCI that allows changing yggdrasil system
Actually, Ainz knows about all twenty of them and said they will all disappear after one use:
Quote:
These items called the 「Twenty」 were so powerful that they could only be used once before disappearing. As such, it would be regrettable to consume their use even if they were trump cards.
Old 2015-09-14, 07:58   Link #5631
Breimn

And like i said those are only the 20WCI that are above the others. We don't know all the WCI and if they all disappear or not after one use.
Old 2015-09-14, 08:24   Link #5632
expertsource

i talked about confusion of demi-gods demon gods, demi-humans, godkins, gods, dragon lords, etc. and i said we need a serious power level chart. So someone actually did it. thanks!!
http://overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wi...vel#comm-16700
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 08:54   Link #5633
ChuckE
Provoker

PDL is the only threat but for only one of guardians (add ability to summon minions and PDL will feel the heat lol) I doubt PDL in his armor fought Shaltear with Einherjar...
Also I doubt he is able to oppose "the goal of life is death" skill (I doubt he has a resurrect item). But maybe some wild magic could possibly help him

Last edited by ChuckE; 2015-09-14 at 09:05.
ChuckE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 09:21   Link #5634
expertsource

i also want to emphasize something. i don't see a difference between ainz vs shaltear and ainz vs all floor guardians.

because, when ainz use "the goal of life is death", all of the guardians will die except shaltear and ainz himself.

it's also valid for ainz vs everyone within 200 meters. Ainz's unique overlord ability is amazing i think.
(if i were the floor guardians, i would split us to and make one group attack ainz, put one group stay out of 200 meters. that is another story.)

Furthermore, i don't understand why ainz didn't use hellfire or black hole on shaltear. fire is very effective on undead. hellfire should be ultimately effective. especially ainz could use it after her mana is out. also, black hole has enormous pulling force which can kill any creature. of course that skill maybe low tier like 7 or 8. but i don't know if i should look at it as a new real world or as a game damage structure.

Last edited by expertsource; 2015-09-14 at 09:34. Reason: edited twice.
Old 2015-09-14, 09:32   Link #5635
Breimn

If Ainz were to fight against everyone he would only need to kill Victim first and use some cash item to prevent those status debuffs from affecting him.
Old 2015-09-14, 09:36   Link #5636
expertsource

Quote:
If Ainz were to fight against everyone he would only need to kill Victim first and use some cash item to prevent those status debuffs from affecting him.
well, who is using the skills firstly is a critical subject as well. (broken grammer)
Old 2015-09-14, 10:46   Link #5637
bloodyriders

It seems his hellfire spell have slow projectile speed (watch the anime), against shalltear that have high agility, it's completely a joke spell.
Black hole seems pulling the enemy and dealt negative damage type, if this true then if used against shalltear, it will only heal her.
What i didn't understand, why he didn't use mana pot. Is it counted as positive energy? Or his plan is very smooth that he didn't need extra mp
bloodyriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:52   Link #5638
Areswarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
Well, personally, I was under the impression that granny was killed, because if she survived she would've ordered Shallteare to "follow the captains orders" and we would've never seen Shalltear again (except on the battlefield, fighting against Ainz for the Theocracy).

As for bewitching calamity, it is possible that this item is an artefact using wild magic.
According to some random (spoilerish) remarks I heard, wild magic uses the caster's soul (or XP) to create magic effects.
There definitely had to be a price to use Bewitching Calamity, otherwise they wouldn't have needed the captain's authorisation to use it... heck, they would've used it against everything they encounter, bolstering their own forces and sending the brainwashed victims off to die in battle...

Clamity Granny really stands out amongst all the powerful (and therefore automatically goodlooking) people. I could imagine that if Bewitching Calamity was powered with wild magic, every usage would force granny to age a bit more. This would mean that technically, the amount of times they can use that item is limited, because granny can only age so much before dying.
Another thing that made me suspicious is that the "spell" had the form of a dragon, and dragonlords are quite a big thing in the new world. It's possibly a subtle hint from Maruyama if he really worked with the animators.
Did you forget wish upon a star and that the only thing that stop it's power is a world class item here [“...I was not directing that at you, Albedo. It was because I knew, after activating the ring’s power, that my wish did not come true.”
Seeing Albedo remain silent, Ainz knew that his explanation was not clear enough and continued to elaborate:
“...There’s only one power that can override 「Wish Upon a Star」’s magic.”
If it were before, he would perhaps think that it could possibly be some power of this world that was acting as the obstruction, but Ainz could now confidently reply that it was not caused by such power. This was because when he activated the magic, he already realised from the feeling that rushed in.
“N-no way… that is…”
“Yes, Albedo. Only one… World-Class items.”
There were only two hundred of these items in YGGDRASIL, even Guild weapons and Divine-class weapons couldn’t match them. If a World Class item was used, it would be a breeze to control undead which were immune to mental effects.] Wild magic has not shown power anywhere near that level, other then on a massive destruction scale, even then it needed a huge sacrificial cost for a single use to match a DL's power. also it completely unstable PDL said making that ring again would be nearly if not completely impossible, so if a ring is to much for an OG DL to make can you imagine a dress with the power to even mind control undead being made with wild magic? mind you the dress would have to be made after the six gods arrived, because human were so weak that if the six god never showed up they'd be extinct. So can you imagine the DL's the former very picture of absolute power helping humans the very bottom of the food chain?
Areswarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 13:11   Link #5639
Namorax

You are right, but this isn't YGGDRASIL.

I only wanted to point out that we don't really know if that dress is an "YGGDRASIL world-class item", or if it is something like a "new-world world-class item".
Ainz constantly underlines that he needs to learn more.
Most of the game's rules do still appear to be in effect, but we've also seen a few things that wouldn't be possible under YGGDRASIL's rules.

The way I read that scene, WUAS only told Ainz "I can't let you do that", and according to everything Ainz knows, only world-class items can do that.

That doesn't automatically mean that world-class items are the only things in the New World that can do that. Again, just wanted to point that out...
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 13:52   Link #5640
Fwarlord

Quote:
And like i said those are only the 20WCI that are above the others. We don't know all the WCI and if they all disappear or not after one use.
Did you read what I quoted? The reason those Twenty are all disappear after being used is because of their exceptional power thus that restriction's added to balance the game.
Quote:
These items called the 「Twenty」 were so powerful that they could only be used once before disappearing. As such, it would be regrettable to consume their use even if they were trump cards.
The only time Ainz said about items disappear after being used is when he talked about the Twenty, not anything else. There's no reason to think other "normal" WCI would also disappear

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination