Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-05-21, 11:17   Link #241
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Nobody. In the original timeline Barry's mom likely lived to see him become an adult and his father was never sent to prison, and he still became The Flash. Thawne went back in time and altered the timeline by killing her, which pretty much set everything in motion.

The basic sequence of the original timeline is that the original Harrison Wells built the Particle Accelerator much later, in 2020, so Barry likely became Flash when he was a lot older while still becoming the hero of Central City. He also married Iris, likely because they didn't have the baggage of growing up together as childhood friends that they did in this timeline.

Reverse-Flash came back in time to that timeline to try and kill The Flash for some reason, but failing that time and again, realized who Barry was and went further into the past to try and kill his younger self. The original Flash saved Barry, so out of anger Thawne killed Nora and that created the alternate timeline that we've been watching from the very beginning.
Sorry if I'm getting a bit confused bwtween comics canon and tv canon, but didn't comic Barry's mom die anyway, as part of his origin story and then they retconned it to be Reverse Flash's doing all along?
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-21, 12:04   Link #242
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
Sorry if I'm getting a bit confused bwtween comics canon and tv canon, but didn't comic Barry's mom die anyway, as part of his origin story and then they retconned it to be Reverse Flash's doing all along?
No, it was the other way around. Barry's mom was never dead by the time he became Flash. That was just something added to his origin, after he was revived in Final Crisis, as a result of Reverse-Flash's influence. His mother dying, and being murdered, was the retcon.
Old 2015-05-21, 13:40   Link #243
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Thanks, I'm not very savvy in Barry lore (grew up with Wally as Flash ^_^).

I never understood this need to kill the parents in the superhero world.
Superman, Bats, Flash, Spider-man...

Parents can be GREAT suppport characters.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-21, 15:15   Link #244
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

It was actually a very good move, Reborn brought new life to the Flash comic...
Old 2015-07-11, 23:47   Link #245
Frontier

SDCC: Warner Bros. Televison and DC Entertainment Screening Block

News from the Comic-Con panel for season 2:

- The main villain is going to be Zoom.

- Teddy Sears will be playing Jay Garrick

- Shantel VanSanten will be playing Patty Spivot.

- Barry will be dealing with the newfound attention he's receiving as a hero, while still reeling from the events of the finale with Eddie.

- Cisco's powers will start inducing biological changes within him.

- Iris will be more involved with STAR Labs.
Old 2015-09-11, 21:26   Link #246
Nerroth
NePoi!

Old 2015-09-12, 14:11   Link #247
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
(0:19) Guess whooooooo!

Flash Day? And a Flash Signal? Really?

So is Wells (and his actor) really gone? I lied them actually (even if he was actually evil), I was hoping that wiping out Eobard rom the timeline (Ediie shooting himself) would bring the real Wells back to life. (after all, who else would have started up STAR Labs?)

Of course, Eddie getting pulled into that singularity last season is undoubtedly important......and an eerie omen of who Zoom might really be in this continuity.........
Old 2015-09-12, 14:34   Link #248
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
(0:19) Guess whooooooo!
Who is it?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 16:56   Link #249
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Jay Garrick. -_- He's wearing a black suit but he's wearing the hat.

Took the tension right out of it...
Old 2015-09-20, 16:33   Link #250
Vitne Eveille

I haven't watched a ton of it, but what I have seen I've been pretty happy with. The Flash was one of my favorite superheroes when I was growing up, and I always felt it was a shame more hadn't been done in terms of movies and stuff.

I feel like Barry is a bit scrawny, though

But really I'm just happy they made something new with Flash and that it is pretty good.

-my official website & blog-
-download my new EP (free)- ♫♫
Vitne Eveille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 22:10   Link #251
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for Season 2 episode 1.:
Old 2015-10-07, 18:20   Link #252
monster

My goodness, Ronnie just couldn't catch a break. I'm guessing he will play a role in the new series, but I've only seen the old man there too, so I don't know what's going to happen with his character. I also don't understand what Barry's dad was saying. If he wanted to travel, he could've just said so instead of saying it's for The Flash's sake. And it's funny that the new security to STAR labs was proven ineffective right away, hah.
Old 2015-10-07, 19:19   Link #253
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
My goodness, Ronnie just couldn't catch a break. I'm guessing he will play a role in the new series, but I've only seen the old man there too, so I don't know what's going to happen with his character. I also don't understand what Barry's dad was saying. If he wanted to travel, he could've just said so instead of saying it's for The Flash's sake. And it's funny that the new security to STAR labs was proven ineffective right away, hah.
About that.....

Spoiler for From Legends of Tomorrow:
Old 2015-10-07, 22:24   Link #254
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
About that.....

Spoiler for From Legends of Tomorrow:
Spoiler for response:
Old 2015-10-11, 17:49   Link #255
Galaxian

Footage from NYCC shows a "clear" view of Zoom...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 23:51   Link #256
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say, I do like the addition of Jay to the cast. He seems like a really likable guy, but not a pushover. I'm glad he wasn't ridiculously sympathetic to Barry's betrayal. Just a message of it being a tough break, but don't blame him for that past betrayal. Plus I give credit to a guy who without super powers still stepped up against a guy who had him outmatched. That bluff was going to be called and he risked his life to get the job done. Hope he gets his powers back before the finale or something like that.

Also glad Barry only spent part of this episode as a grumpy untrusting person. I get his issues, but it isn't fun watching him act like a jerk.

Cisco is having a tough time to be sure. I get his mixed feelings about his powers and Wells. But in the end he's going to keep using those powers to help Barry. And he can't keep saying his knowledge is based on hunches forever. Will have to admit it and deal with his current state.

Also a minor point....anyone else noticing that Barry is having little issue employing lethal force this season? He just used lightning to straight up kill the villain of the week. Forget locking guys up, Barry is just straight up killing them now. I mean yeah things went bad in the past and these guys are from another Earth but....are they just going to not make a note about this?

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2015-10-14 at 00:13.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 03:50   Link #257
monster

I'm liking this whole multiverse concept. It's a neat way of bringing someone from the dead instead of actually resurrecting anybody, which is what Arrow have chosen. I actually wish some of these alternate characters would be the ones to form the team in Legends of Tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Cisco is having a tough time to be sure. I get his mixed feelings about his powers and Wells. But in the end he's going to keep using those powers to help Barry. And he can't keep saying his knowledge is based on hunches forever. Will have to admit it and deal with his current state.
I think it depends on whether his power has any negative effect. It looks like he's in pain every time he uses it, but he seems to only care about the connection to Wells and his dislike of seeing bad things. If there is no side effect, he might think of excuses with the help of the professor, but if it is causing him harm, then his secret would be known sooner rather than later.
Quote:
Also a minor point....anyone else noticing that Barry is having little issue employing lethal force this season? He just used lightning to straight up kill the villain of the week. Forget locking guys up, Barry is just straight up killing them now. I mean yeah things went bad in the past and these guys are from another Earth but....are they just going to not make a note about this?
I think it's easier to accept not just because of the past, but also because they have a hard time finding alternative solutions to these last two meta-humans. I think maybe the issue will be raised if a there's a meta-human that could be defeated some other way or has an emotional connection with someone.
Old 2015-10-14, 04:25   Link #258
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I'm very interested with Earth-2 which Jay comes from since it look's like very 1950's futuristic and there's this so called "War of the Americas" that happened in that world. Of course the big surprise in the end of episode was the AU Harrison Wells who was never killed by The Reverse Flash.

Also, Barry didn't kill the Sand Demon. He just used a move that Jay taught him on how he defeated the Sand Demon before.
Old 2015-10-14, 04:47   Link #259
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Also, Barry didn't kill the Sand Demon. He just used a move that Jay taught him on how he defeated the Sand Demon before.
Jay said he was never able to do it, although he later said it took him a lot longer than Barry to learn how to toss lighting. So I think while he did eventually learn to perform the move, he has not had the chance to use it on the Sand Demon, which is also why the Sand Demon didn't appear worried about either of the speedster doing it on him.
Old 2015-10-14, 08:38   Link #260
Wandering Soul

Jay Garrick looks like he will be a fun new addition to the cast. Glad they didn't drag out the whole Barry not trusting people thing.

Cisco is still adjusting to his changes but sooner or later he will end up using his abilities to help the others.

It looks like now Barry is just straight up killing his enemies.

Tags
the cw, the flash, time travel