AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-09-26, 14:56   Link #5921
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by s002wjh View Post
in vol7 last chap what is this collar with broken chain everyone wear including Ainz?
Maybe they'll explain it in the next volume. One thing's for sure it's no slave colar like some originally thought when the LIzardmen were wearing it. Maybe it's like Weighted clothing from DBZ meant to hold the wearer back to increase his performance or something like that.
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 16:45   Link #5922
HandofFate

Eh, not a fan of this volume.
I liked that Ainz isn't trying to be a hero and has no desire to.

But this stuff is bordering on being evil rather than just self-serving.
It wasn't even like oh these guys just happened to come across it, he lured them all there by planting the quest/information.
Old 2015-09-26, 17:01   Link #5923
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

It wasn't even like oh these guys just happened to come across it, he lured them all there by planting the quest/information.
We've got a point of your from typical evil side

Well...His karma is evil after all. But his obsession with the guild is frightening to the point of his mentally instability He's desperately need somebody from his world there.

Also I am completely sure that some of Supreme Beings wouldn't approve his actions.

Imagine if Touch Me teleported to that world and asked to defeat evil Ainz
Old 2015-09-26, 17:05   Link #5924
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
We've got a point of your from typical evil side

Well...His karma is evil after all. But his obsession with the guild is frightening to the point of his mentally instability He's desperately need somebody from his world there.

Also I am completely sure that some of Supreme Beings wouldn't approve his actions.

Imagine if Touch Me teleported to that world and asked to defeat evil Ainz
I don't think he'd attack Ainz right away. First he'd try to talk to him. Either way I doubt it's going to happen. Since the guy left the game for real life way before the game closed down.
Old 2015-09-26, 17:18   Link #5925
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkligh View Post
I don't think he'd attack Ainz right away. First he'd try to talk to him. Either way I doubt it's going to happen. Since the guy left the game for real life way before the game closed down.
Well yeah. There are two theories.
1) Players transported to this world with offset linearly and due to closing of the game there won't be transportations anymore
2) The transportations were random.

Also imagine if YGGDRASIL 2 will be created and players will continue to be transported in that world
Old 2015-09-26, 17:19   Link #5926
Darkligh

Quote:
Well yeah. There are two theories.
1) Players transported to this world with offset linearly and due to closing of the game there won't be transportations anymore
2) The transportations were random.

Also imagine if YGGDRASIL 2 will be created and players will continue to be transported in that world
Even if there is an Yggdrasil 2 I don't see how any of the people who quit for real life reasons would then hypocritically go back to the new game with their busy real lives.
Old 2015-09-26, 17:21   Link #5927
s002wjh

so is Albedo creating a supreme being investigation force or elimination force? sound like its the latter, since she request padora+15 lvl80+ NPC + strongest NPC?? this sound like force to eliminate powerful beings
s002wjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 17:24   Link #5928
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Even if there is an Yggdrasil 2 I don't see how any of the people who quit for real life reasons would then hypocritically go back to the new game with their busy real lives.
There are lot of people New ones will come. If current MMO were not developing due to quiting of people other MMO - we would not have now tons of MMOs

Quote:
so is Albedo creating a supreme being investigation force or elimination force? sound like its the latter, since she request padora+15 lvl80+ NPC + strongest NPC?? this sound like force to eliminate powerful beings
Obviously for elimination. She want to make other supreme beings pay for leaving Momonga.
Old 2015-09-26, 17:27   Link #5929
Darkligh

Quote:
There are lot of people New ones will come. If current MMO were not developing due to quiting of people other MMO - we would not have now tons of MMOs

Obviously for elimination. She want to make other supreme beings pay for leaving Momonga.
I think you're missing the point I was making. Other players showing up is not unlikely I never said that. However even if they do show up, Ainz won't hesitate to fight them if they threaten Nazarick.

I am saying that his old guildies are very unlikely to show up. Since they all had a busy real life that in the end forced them to quit the game entirely to the point that they told Ainz he could sell their gear.
Old 2015-09-26, 17:31   Link #5930
Iramohs

Quote:
She's planning to find the other Supreme eings before Ainz and kill them. That's why she wants Pandora's Actor, Rubedo, and even Ainz' personal high level summons.

Quote:

Arche getting cut up, skinned, having her vocal chords taken, and fed to random monsters was pretty fucked up.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 17:32   Link #5931
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
I am saying that his old guildies are very unlikely to show up. Since they all had a busy real life that in the end forced them to quit the game entirely to the point that they told Ainz he could sell their gear.

But what if the transportations are not linear? What if there is a possibility to be transported during the game - we do not know how transportation affect Momonga's real world. What for example if the six gods were first members of Nazarick? After all there were not 41 members in the beginning

Of course there is a possibility that the transported were the ones who stayed till the end in the game.
Old 2015-09-26, 17:43   Link #5932
s002wjh

i thought albedo is loyal to ALL supreme being, more so toward her creator? is it because shes deeply in love with Ainz now?
s002wjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 17:43   Link #5933
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
She's planning to find the other Supreme eings before Ainz and kill them. That's why she wants Pandora's Actor, Rubedo, and even Ainz' personal high level summons.
that is where Albedo made her mistake. If PA suspect Albedo real plan he is going to inform Aniz. PA knows Aniz better then he probably knows himself.

Quote:
Arche getting cut up, skinned, having her vocal chords taken, and fed to random monsters was pretty fucked up.
blame the Japaneses WN readers.

Quote:
i thought albedo is loyal to ALL supreme being, more so toward her creator? is it because shes deeply in love with Ainz now?
yup
Old 2015-09-26, 17:45   Link #5934
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that is where Albedo made her mistake. If PA suspect Albedo real plan he is going to inform Aniz. PA knows Aniz better then he probably knows himself.
It woul be interesting to see over exaggerated PA's actions
Quote:
Also her sisters will be probably sold
Old 2015-09-26, 17:55   Link #5935
Hidfe

Quote:
Some commentator on the Wiki said this is BS. He says that the voting was for the WN and that the WN readers voted for Arche to become a sex slave with an eventual happy ending which happened in the WN. But there was no voting for the LN and the author decided to end it in that new way because it is supposed to be a dark fantasy, which angered quite a few WN readers.
So which version is the truth? I really would like to know
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 17:55   Link #5936
bloodyriders

Well, i heard that actually the fans are vote for arche's live for wn, and they want the same thing happen in the ln, but author vetoed it because he thought that overlord ln was a dark fantasy, so no happy happy scene (not sure if mind broken as sex slave was happy thing lol). I found this in the comment section of arche's page.
though a bit disappointed, at least let shalltear rape her physically.

oh, and I found something

Nigel (LN translator) posted the differencies of LN and WN. And this one is kinda interesting

>At the end of Part 3, Ainz talks to Albedo about Arche's fate. The most important thing is that Arche does NOT die in the WN, and Albedo does not exist, so he and Chair are talking instead.

"Then, how did you handle that woman? I told you not to harm her, right?"

"That girl...Arche-chan, right arinsu~ Well, she's got a tail now arinsu~"

"...A tail? Did you change her race?"

"No, it's in her ass..."

"That's enough."

"That's it arinsu~. Ainz-sama. Then, may I ask a question?"

"What?"

"Ainz-sama ordered me not to harm her arinsu~ but what if I just took her virginity?"

"-Peroroncino!"

"...my apologies. I seem to have gotten a bit excited...
"
is that so? Then I'll leave it to you. It's my fault... well, umu, please stop."

don't ask the source, i just found this in my local forum (if you have the source you can post it here too)
bloodyriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 18:02   Link #5937
dragonking9

"This was just my personal view; it is not something that I had wished to force onto you guys. But from the looks of things… think of it as a form of etiquette to not waste anything.”
“Understood. In that case, we should also make better use of the others!”
Watching the two of them bow, Ainz couldn’t help but feel that somewhere, somehow, something had gone wrong, and replied with an “umu" = I LOVE THIS PART(He is now completely a evil overlord in front of his minions)

Something been bugging me. The 15 monsters that Albedo wanted,are they resident of Nazarick or are they newly created ones by Ainz?

PS:about Arche death,the author always wanted to kill her but when he wrote the web novel the fans actually voted to let her live. But in the LN the author said:screw it,it's mine story and i like it dark.So no happy ending for them.Also the little sisters died later when they are sold into slavery(it was never mention in the novel but the author confirm it).
dragonking9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 18:05   Link #5938
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonking9 View Post
"This was just my personal view; it is not something that I had wished to force onto you guys. But from the looks of things… think of it as a form of etiquette to not waste anything.”
“Understood. In that case, we should also make better use of the others!”
Watching the two of them bow, Ainz couldn’t help but feel that somewhere, somehow, something had gone wrong, and replied with an “umu" = I LOVE THIS PART(He is now completely a evil overlord in front of his minions)

Something been bugging me. The 15 monsters that Albedo wanted,are they resident of Nazarick or are they newly created ones by Ainz?

PS:about Arche death,the author always wanted to kill her but when he wrote the web novel the fans actually voted to let her live. But in the LN the author said:screw it,it's mine story and i like it dark.So no happy ending for them.Also the little sisters died later when they are sold into slavery(it was never mention in the novel but the author confirm it).
I have the utmost respect for an author who sticks to his guns and tells the story HE wants without letting any fanbase influence taint his creation
Old 2015-09-26, 18:33   Link #5939
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I have the utmost respect for an author who sticks to his guns and tells the story HE wants without letting any fanbase influence taint his creation
agree, it is rare to find a author who doesn't pander.
Old 2015-09-26, 20:15   Link #5940
Pierre

You know what I am curious about, I think it gets overlooked, or maybe its going to be written off as Deus Ex Machnia or Plot device. But unlike SAO, Log Horizon, etc., in Overlord the Main Character was legitmately a flesh and blood human, who gets pulled into a video game world where every body is made flesh and blood. I mean that basically requires some sort of god or reality warper to exist. I mean at least in the anime, Ainz has never even thought about it, he just seems to focused on the world and Nazerick, but its basically a case of No Game No Life or Problem Children, where the world he is brought to is real and there has to be some overlord entity in the background, and why that entity would randomly take people from mmorpgs in this world and put them into a alternate world also seems odd.

Do you think this will ever be touched upon, or is this like I said just a plot device to get Ainz into the world, and its really about his journey?
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination