AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-09-26, 20:37   Link #5941
luffyxnami

Wait so let me get this straight, the author intended for archne to die? If this is true then I guess I have to take it as it's, but that translation part from the wn about archne was pretty funny. If the author is really going to go full on dark fantasy with no happy ending and stuff then I hope he give renner and climb the berserk route with demiurge being Griffin.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 20:40   Link #5942
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh nooooo, a cute girl dies! Let's rage, how dare an author kill a cute female character which we've known for about 2 seconds!?

I actually never found the girl that interesting...don't get why some fans would get upset over it.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 20:46   Link #5943
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkligh View Post
Given her skin is now with Demiurge, her head is with some demon and her vocal chords are now Entoma's she's definitely dead
That's some sick s**t!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 20:48   Link #5944
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
You know what I am curious about, I think it gets overlooked, or maybe its going to be written off as Deus Ex Machnia or Plot device. But unlike SAO, Log Horizon, etc., in Overlord the Main Character was legitmately a flesh and blood human, who gets pulled into a video game world where every body is made flesh and blood. I mean that basically requires some sort of god or reality warper to exist. I mean at least in the anime, Ainz has never even thought about it, he just seems to focused on the world and Nazerick, but its basically a case of No Game No Life or Problem Children, where the world he is brought to is real and there has to be some overlord entity in the background, and why that entity would randomly take people from mmorpgs in this world and put them into a alternate world also seems odd.

Do you think this will ever be touched upon, or is this like I said just a plot device to get Ainz into the world, and its really about his journey?
1. we don't if the person was transport or copy of the person was transport.
2. the new world is NOT the same game world in the Ygg game. It is not in LH a case of NPC come to life. it is a case of transport to a different world.
3. who/what did the transport has not been in 9 vol of the ln and there is no point in speculating because there is no info to speculate on.
Old 2015-09-26, 21:08   Link #5945
BakaOnna

I also do not understand all this rage over Arche's fate. Just because she's a cute girl, fans cry outrage but not for the other members of Foresight, who all had much more interesting personalities than her? Though I guess Arche being alive in the WN does play a role in this.

I do feel bad for her sisters though. Such terrible parents. They deserved better.
BakaOnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 21:12   Link #5946
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
I also do not understand all this rage about Arche's fate. Just because she's a cute girl, fans cry outrage but not for the other members of Foresight, who all had much more interesting personalities than her? Though I guess Arche being alive in the WN does play a role in this.

I do feel bad for her sisters though. Such terrible parents. They deserved better.
Aren't the other member of foresight still alive? Sure they got experimented on but they are still alive, archne on the other hand die a cruel some death and her sisters also die, it's pretty sad.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 21:17   Link #5947
BakaOnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
Aren't the other member of foresight still alive? Sure they got experimented on but they are still alive, archne on the other hand die a cruel some death and her sisters also die, it's pretty sad.
Ever heard the expression 'a fate worse than death'? That's most certainly what the other members are experiencing. They're literally getting experimented on/tortured endlessly. I'd say a painless death is the better option.
BakaOnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 21:29   Link #5948
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
She received a painless death, her mind took a blow but she was killed right after and while unconscious as was ordered by Ainz. It was as merciful as he could get in the given situation. What happened o her body afterward was irrelevant as she was already dead.

The rest of Foresight can only hope to receive the same treatment. Two of them were sent to become nesting grounds for parasites, likely a process that will not only be painful and mind-breaking but also very slowly kill them. The final one will likely be brainwashed so many times his mind will soon be gone and then either sent to Demiurge's farm or killed in order to be made into food. All the other Workers were also killed on the spot.

Honestly, every worker but the three members of Foresight got off easy. Those poor three will certainly have fates worse than death until they are done being useful. So if anything, one should be feeling sorry for them rather than the ones that got instantly killed, like Arche. Yes, the whole deal with her sisters is sad but then again, I'm sure plenty of the people killed by Ainz and his crew had dramatic and sad backgrounds...but nobody cares about them.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 21:43   Link #5949
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
1. we don't if the person was transport or copy of the person was transport.
2. the new world is NOT the same game world in the Ygg game. It is not in LH a case of NPC come to life. it is a case of transport to a different world.
3. who/what did the transport has not been in 9 vol of the ln and there is no point in speculating because there is no info to speculate on.
Even if its a copy, its still a physical copy of the individual in a physical world with character that used to be no more than data.

3. I dont disagree with this, I am just saying when you think about it, its kind of a big thing to overlook since some god level entity just thought, why not send some mmorpgers to a alternate world for kicks.

I have a feeling it will play at like Ronin the movie and whats inside the suit case, where its never really brought up.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 22:54   Link #5950
sierra117
Harem Seeker

just curious: what do you think will happen if the other transported guild member won't be Touch-Me but Ulbert Alain Odle?
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 23:12   Link #5951
kittybear

Does Ainz really need that money that he earns from the guild? I get that he wants to use the local currency to pay for shit and the tombs operating cost buuuut...

New world coins (NWC)

Cost to resurrect Shalltear:_______500,000,000 (YC)

Value in the New World(NWC):___1,000,000,000 (NWC)

32 NWC= feed 3 families for three years

1,000,000,000 / 32 = 31,250,000

31,250,000 * 3 = 93,750,000 families for three years

kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 01:01   Link #5952
MonkeyDude

Well it's a good thing the other guild members are more than likely not in that world or they'll be facing the wrath of Albedo soon enough. And her move can be seen as the more prudent one as the presence of other Supreme Beings can only create discord in Nazarick the likes of which seen previously with the Eight Greed Kings. Already know from Shalltear and definitively from Pandora's Actor that the other NPCs may hold their own creators in a higher esteem than Momonga so their presence can only strain the homogeny of Nazarick. Though a Nazarick civil war sounds interesting enough...

Inclusion of Pandora's Actor to the hit squad by Albedo is a curious choice on her part. On one hand he can report what can be seen as treachery directly to Ainz, yet should also see the benefit of eliminating the other guild members should they actually be in that world. Would he prioritize the desire of his master or the safety of Ainz's hold over Nazarick? Looking forward to see how this will play out.
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 01:17   Link #5953
S3wvc

Yay holy sheeprabbit has provided us some wn translation on overlords latest chapter
S3wvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 02:23   Link #5954
Jorna

After reading Volume 7 man it really it seems a internal fight between supreme beings is really what will end up in the story. Like no one in this world can fight anyone in Nazarick Albedo will complicate things and the Emperor will take advantage of the miss understating. Its going to be Overlord's version of marvels civil war XD.
Jorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 02:31   Link #5955
Breimn

I wonder what effect the racials will have on Ainz s friends.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 04:01   Link #5956
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
I wonder what effect the racials will have on Ainz s friends.
His friends quit the game for real life. THere's almost 0 chances of them showing up since they left the game and even told AINZ that he could sell their equipment. That's about as final as you can get when leaving an MMO
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 04:34   Link #5957
Breimn

I am not discussing wheter they will appear , just what will they feel about beung in a monster body.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 05:07   Link #5958
Obstendro

Imagine if Ulbert came and his racial class is devil like demiurge, maybe he will become devil an sadist
Obstendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 05:10   Link #5959
Iramohs

Quote:
His friends quit the game for real life. THere's almost 0 chances of them showing up since they left the game and even told AINZ that he could sell their equipment. That's about as final as you can get when leaving an MMO
37 of the 41 quit. 1 was HeroHero and he logged out before the transfer(38/41). Momonga is one(39/41). There's only 2 possible guild members in the New World.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 05:12   Link #5960
Schattenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
I am not discussing wheter they will appear , just what will they feel about beung in a monster body.
Those who're slimes, oozes or undead or (really plant-like) plants and the like might not exactly like the situation they're trapped in (especially since their passiv skills might make their lives hell or shallow their minds). Although anyone who's race is basically something out of a cheap loftcraft knock-off cosmic horror story might actually be in the biggest pinch. Those who're regular humanoid demons, spirits or (reasonably humanoid or not too monstrous) supernatural beasts and the like shouldn't have as much of a problem with that.
Schattenbach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination