Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-09-28, 14:21   Link #1661
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
No, it's not okay in Mel's case either. If anything, he's even more of a pedophile than anyone else. He should just stick to Diane, instead. And it's not just size discrimination, Elaine literally possesses the body of a underdeveloped child (and I bet the mind, too), not just a small size adult. It's just feel so wrong for her to be a fully grown man's lover.
You're not ok with Ban/Elaine because of size but want Mel to stick to Diane, who is at least 25 times as tall as Meliodas?
Also real life =/= manga and stuff
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 14:54   Link #1662
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, that was rather twisted...going by the next chapter's title, "the holy maiden's scream", I can only imagine what is going to happen Tough times for King to run into these two, but I assume that eventually, Meliodas will confront the necromancer TC, so that King either clears his doubts of him or goes full berserk and Ban has nothing more to follow than Meliodas, thus rejoining the deadly sins.

On a side note, Jericho has it just as tough...it's simply not as important :P Oh btw Elaine was the immortal guardian of the forest, so if anyone says her MIND is that of a kid should bring some damn solid proof before claiming anything.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 16:24   Link #1663
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
On a side note, Jericho has it just as tough...it's simply not as important :P Oh btw Elaine was the immortal guardian of the forest, so if anyone says her MIND is that of a kid should bring some damn solid proof before claiming anything.
Take it easy, mate. It's just a guess, so I can't give you solid proof. Somehow I just get that feeling from the way she interacted with Ban. Beside, being an immortal loner even for hundred of years doesn't necessarily make you become mature.
Old 2015-09-28, 16:31   Link #1664
marvelB

Well, putting aside all the pairing discussions, I'm feeling pretty certain that Ban will decide to put Elaine out of her misery once and for all. Or at least, her physical body, anyway. He can probably just keep her soul by his side after liberating her from the Commandments' control, similar with King and Helbram, I suppose.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 18:58   Link #1665
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Guys who think Elaine is a defenseless princess: I ask you rethink this. Seriously. I mean, didn't we just see her use some pretty strong magic in this latest chapter? She's a fighter, not some defenseless damsel or something. And yeah, I'm pretty sure she only has a body that looks like that of a child.

I'd like it if Elaine could be purified, so that she can truly be resurrected rather than being some zombie moving on the will of the evil demon who brought her back, like someone else on here has pointed out. I hope this is indeed possible. If it isn't, then she should be allowed to go back to resting in peace until Ban finds a way to truly resurrect her. I don't like the sound of Ban having just her spirit with him, like how it is with King and Helbram, though.
Old 2015-09-28, 22:37   Link #1666
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Guys who think Elaine is a defenseless princess: I ask you rethink this. Seriously. I mean, didn't we just see her use some pretty strong magic in this latest chapter? She's a fighter, not some defenseless damsel or something. And yeah, I'm pretty sure she only has a body that looks like that of a child.
You think why didn't she use that magic in the past when the lesser demon invaded her forest? Obviously the only reason she can use it is because she was zombified and her spirit was tainted by that Commandment girl.
Old 2015-09-28, 23:26   Link #1667
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, she successfully guarded the fountain of life and made a reputation for herself as a fearsome guardian, so I attribute that to the demon's first strike taking out the fairy forest, from which the fairies draw power.

As for Elaine's fate...whatever happens, I just want this to be a conclusive arc for Ban.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 09:49   Link #1668
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Fwar: As has been stated, Elaine was the Guardian of the Fairy Forest and the Fountain of Youth. She couldn't have been a weakling.
Old 2015-09-29, 10:36   Link #1669
Fwarlord

Well, Elaine was the Guardian, but that's only because her brother ran away and she was forced to take the responsibility. She didn't mean to be one from the beginning. While not exactly a weakling, she showed no feat worthy to be called a fighter, all Elaine did was using some sort of telekinesis and controlling roots. Her first reaction when an enemy entering her forest was running away, that's not the mentality belongs to a fighter. So until the author gives us new information, I don't think she can be considers one.
Old 2015-09-29, 12:46   Link #1670
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Well, Elaine was the Guardian, but that's only because her brother ran away and she was forced to take the responsibility. She didn't mean to be one from the beginning. While not exactly a weakling, she showed no feat worthy to be called a fighter, all Elaine did was using some sort of telekinesis and controlling roots. Her first reaction when an enemy entering her forest was running away, that's not the mentality belongs to a fighter. So until the author gives us new information, I don't think she can be considers one.
i think that too, the rumors are spread between humans, they are generally weak (fi they arent holy knights)... controlling a forest to smoe extend is mostlikely even a bit to high for every knight under "great holy knight lvl", for the fodders she is a "fearsome fairy", for people on bans lvl they are "little girls"
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 13:31   Link #1671
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, yeah, I guess that's true. But I still can't say she was a complete weakling until proven wrong, either.
Old 2015-09-29, 15:36   Link #1672
Homura7

Elaine kept Ban at bay while he was focused on stealing the Fountain of Youth, that alone is a feat. End of story.

Oh, and anyone who isn't a monster cannot compete with monsters, aka the Demon Clan.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 22:58   Link #1673
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Elaine kept Ban at bay while he was focused on stealing the Fountain of Youth, that alone is a feat. End of story.

Oh, and anyone who isn't a monster cannot compete with monsters, aka the Demon Clan.
It's because he took a liking to her and somehow wanted to play with her. Or else he could simply tear her heart out just like he did with that demon.

Also, it's not that hard to kill a lesser demon. Ban almost did it when he's still a normal human, if only he knew it had more than one heart.
Old 2015-09-30, 02:08   Link #1674
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

How many normal humans can kill a lesser demon?
Old 2015-09-30, 03:08   Link #1675
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

What's the deal with people accusing Ban of pedophile ? Elaine looks like a child but she's 700 years old. Are we that unfamiliar with older than they look - type characters in anime/manga?. Everytime there's a chapter that focus a little on Ban and Elaine, those people come up with their "Ban is a pedophile!"or "This relationship is so creepy because she looks like a 12 years old girl". It really get on my nerves everytime I saw those comments.

Last edited by hawkeyesvn; 2015-10-02 at 03:40.
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 06:21   Link #1676
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
What's the deal with people accusing Ban of pedophile ? Elaine looks like a child but she's 700 years old. Are we that unfamiliar with younger than they look - type characters in anime/manga?. Everytime there's a chapter that focus a little on Ban and Elaine, those people come up with their "Ban is a pedophile!"or "This relationship is so creepy because she looks like a 12 years old girl". It really get on my nerves everytime I saw those comments.
They want to create conflict where there isn't any. Pay them no heed, or as I like to say it, "apply real life logic in a fictional story at your own peril".

Worst part is I have 2 friends that are in their mid 20s who are dating girls below 18. So according to the scrambled minds of those people, that makes them pedophiles. An insult I cannot overlook and that only an imbecile would say.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 10:02   Link #1677
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
They want to create conflict where there isn't any. Pay them no heed, or as I like to say it, "apply real life logic in a fictional story at your own peril".

Worst part is I have 2 friends that are in their mid 20s who are dating girls below 18. So according to the scrambled minds of those people, that makes them pedophiles. An insult I cannot overlook and that only an imbecile would say.
Sorry about that, no offense here. But I didn't know your acquaintances really did that in real life and you really would apply a discussion about fictional characters to you real life.
Old 2015-09-30, 10:40   Link #1678
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Acquaintances or not it doesn't matter. Your argument was nothing more than flame bait from the start that thankfully got crushed before it could take off.

It would be great if we could go back to discussing the story now, we wasted way too much time with this stupidity already.
Old 2015-09-30, 10:58   Link #1679
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Acquaintances or not it doesn't matter. Your argument was nothing more than flame bait from the start that thankfully got crushed before it could take off.

It would be great if we could go back to discussing the story now, we wasted way too much time with this stupidity already.
Maybe not to you, but I think it matters to him since he took it as a personal grudge. And you must have hard evidences to call something flame bait or else it's just baseless accusation. All I did was showing my expression on something I don't feel quite right, it's not my fault if you believe it's right.

But well, just go on another topic if you want.
Old 2015-10-03, 12:05   Link #1680
marvelB

Time for the new spoilers:

Spoiler for 143:

Also, some more good news: Seems like we might get an early chapter next week. In fact, we'll be getting TWO chapters in the same issue!!!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen