AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-09-30, 09:19   Link #6061
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
Anyone who says otherwise isn't being honest.

If Arche is ugly like Brita and Ninya, no one will bat an eye.
If Arche's siblings are brothers, no one will bat an eye.
If we swap Sword of Darkness and Foresight in Vol 2 and 7, everyone will be sad about Arche being turned into a sweese cheese (by Clementine) and their reaction on Vol 7 wouldn't be the same as what we're experiencing right now.
If Climb died, everyone will be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
Can someone explain why is Arche death is such a big deal? I mean, yeah sure, not cool. But so what?
The difference between Arche and Ninya is that we barely learned anything about Ninya before she died. In Arche's case, we visit her home, learn about her circumstances and all the troubles she went through because of that, her aspirations and motivations.
Because of that it is obvious that the readers will develop a stronger bond with Arche. Besides, Ninya was flat chested enough that she was able to hide her true gender from everyone until her death (using cloth to bind down your breasts can only cover so much). So why does Arche get the "loli card" and Ninya doesn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I guess Slane Theocracy doesn't know Clementine is dead if they're still "chasing" her.

But like some suspected, the woman Zach ran into could have been her....?
Yes, it is strongly implied that this was Clementine. There is actually little to no doubt it was her, since the scene happened before the graveyard-incident.
It is also "implied" that the Theocracy already knows about her death since her corpse disappeared, but to be honest, we don't really know if the Theocracy or somebody else took her corpse...

In any case, unless someone from Nazarick took her body, she is bound to appear again, since she can connect Momon the adventurer with Ainz Ooal Gown. If Maruyama let someone with information about Ainz "disappear", we will probably see that person again.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 10:00   Link #6062
Schattenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
So why does Arche get the "loli card" and Ninya doesn't?
Maybe because by the time Ninya is (indirectly) mentioned again, most should've already forgotten most details about Ninya and so the most likely reaction towards Ninya's death would've been "huh, Ninya wasn't a guy?" (instead of "what, back then a loli died").

... and why is it that people focus so much on "loli characters" (and I'm not even sure why Arche is supposed to qualify as "loli", anyway)?
Schattenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 10:01   Link #6063
overlord
Overlord Enthusiast

Quote:
The difference between Arche and Ninya is that we barely learned anything about Ninya before she died. In Arche's case, we visit her home, learn about her circumstances and all the troubles she went through because of that, her aspirations and motivations.
Because of that it is obvious that the readers will develop a stronger bond with Arche. Besides, Ninya was flat chested enough that she was able to hide her true gender from everyone until her death (using cloth to bind down your breasts can only cover so much). So why does Arche get the "loli card" and Ninya doesn't?
Like I said, if you swap the characters and stick with the events, Arche's fanclub would still be sad despite the lack of development in Volume 2.

Quote:
Yes, it is strongly implied that this was Clementine. There is actually little to no doubt it was her, since the scene happened before the graveyard-incident.
It is also "implied" that the Theocracy already knows about her death since her corpse disappeared, but to be honest, we don't really know if the Theocracy or somebody else took her corpse...

In any case, unless someone from Nazarick took her body, she is bound to appear again, since she can connect Momon the adventurer with Ainz Ooal Gown. If Maruyama let someone with information about Ainz "disappear", we will probably see that person again.
If you've watched the anime, it was clearly said that the Slane Theocracy specifically Windflower Scripture was still searching for the person who stole the Crown of Wisdom (Clementine). What does this mean? They are NOT the ones who found Clementine and Khajiit's body and broke them out of E-Rantel anti-magic room. Unless this part in the anime isn't canon, this is a hard evidence to destroy the hypothesis - "Windflower Scripture got hold Clementine/Khajiit's body and possibly revive them in the future". Furthermore, unless Clementine and Khajiit can rise from the dead which I doubt, then a 3rd party must have taken their body; or maybe it's Zuranon.
overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 10:04   Link #6064
Hidfe

Quote:
If you've watched the anime, it was clearly said that the Slane Theocracy specifically Windflower Scripture was still searching for the person who stole the Crown of Wisdom (Clementine). What does this mean? They are NOT the ones who found stole Clementine/Khajiit's body.
Are you seriously trying to argue with anime original content? Forget the Anime, consider everything in it, what is not in the novel as made up BS which in reality it is.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 10:15   Link #6065
overlord
Overlord Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidfe View Post
Are you seriously trying to argue with anime original content? Forget the Anime, consider everything in it, what is not in the novel as made up BS which in reality it is.
Sorry to say this but I can't fully understand what you're pointing out because of your grammar. What do you mean I'm arguing with the Anime's original content? First of all, there are discrepancies in the anime and the LN. For example, when Ainz found Shalltear in the anime she wasn't wearing her armor; however in the LN she's supposed to be wearing it. The anime has skipped and changed a lot of details in order to fit Volume 3 (which has more details and events than the two previous volumes) in 3-4 episodes. Knowing this, why should I completely trust the anime?

Last edited by overlord; 2015-09-30 at 10:25.
Old 2015-09-30, 11:27   Link #6066
Namorax

Quote:
Like I said, if you swap the characters and stick with the events, Arche's fanclub would still be sad despite the lack of development in Volume 2.

If you've watched the anime, it was clearly said that the Slane Theocracy specifically Windflower Scripture was still searching for the person who stole the Crown of Wisdom (Clementine). What does this mean? They are NOT the ones who found Clementine and Khajiit's body and broke them out of E-Rantel anti-magic room. Unless this part in the anime isn't canon, this is a hard evidence to destroy the hypothesis - "Windflower Scripture got hold Clementine/Khajiit's body and possibly revive them in the future". Furthermore, unless Clementine and Khajiit can rise from the dead which I doubt, then a 3rd party must have taken their body; or maybe it's Zuranon.
Well, not everyone can immediately determine if someone refers to the LN or the anime if it isn't mentioned. Because I didn't watch the last episode of Overlord yet, for example...
When I read that post I assumed we were talking about LN content. Also, I think the others are correct if they say one shouldn't use anime-content (even if its 95% true to the source) to support their arguments.

IIRC, the LN only showed us what happened after the captain left the room, when he met that elf-girl with her rubik-cube. Just because something happened in the anime doesn't mean it HAS TO HAPPEN () the same way in the LN.
That, or I am forgetting things again and people will think I'm trolling...

Last edited by Namorax; 2015-09-30 at 11:31. Reason: Wrong pronouns
Old 2015-09-30, 11:34   Link #6067
Schattenbach

I'm still pondering about the question what's supposed to make Arche (and Ninya, for that matter) some kind of "loli" ...
Schattenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 12:33   Link #6068
nijok

for people who has read the LN vol 3 and saw de anime, in the last episode, when ainz its going to kill the second time and shalltear its going to stop him but get stopped because she saw someone behind, can anyone explain me what its that strange eye?
nijok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 12:38   Link #6069
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijok View Post
for people who has read the LN vol 3 and saw de anime, in the last episode, when ainz its going to kill the second time and shalltear its going to stop him but get stopped because she saw someone behind, can anyone explain me what its that strange eye?
that was Aura distracting Shaltear.
Old 2015-09-30, 12:59   Link #6070
dmaxzero

Quote:

snip
I do get we got enough character presentation to give an extra damn about Arche. But still, there is a level of how much a fictional story can upset/influence/bias a reader´s opinion to become such a big deal.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 13:08   Link #6071
overlord
Overlord Enthusiast

Quote:
Well, not everyone can immediately determine if someone refers to the LN or the anime if it isn't mentioned. Because I didn't watch the last episode of Overlord yet, for example...
When I read that post I assumed we were talking about LN content. Also, I think the others are correct if they say one shouldn't use anime-content (even if its 95% true to the source) to support their arguments.

IIRC, the LN only showed us what happened after the captain left the room, when he met that elf-girl with her rubik-cube. Just because something happened in the anime doesn't mean it HAS TO HAPPEN () the same way in the LN.
That, or I am forgetting things again and people will think I'm trolling...
Ermm...if you look at my post closely, you can see the lines "if you've watched the anime" right in the beginning.

No, you're not trolling. You're right about regarding that scene. It's just that the anime showed what exactly had happened during the meeting and before he met Zetsumei. It's also true that this event might not be canon and that's exactly why I used the word "unless" to start my argument.
Old 2015-09-30, 13:11   Link #6072
RavenZecrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schattenbach View Post
Do we actually know how Mr-Nice-Cleric from Foresight ends up in the LN besides getting his memories about what deity he worships messed up to see if deities (that might be a bit too powerful for Ainz to face off against) exist*?

* to be fair, through, that experiment itself is pretty flawed because it doesn't allow for any clear conclusions (especially if the deity in question is sufficiently intelligent and/or indifferent), but let's ignore that for now.
In the LN, all we know is that he gets his memories erased and experiments done on him but nothing too specific.

The WN on the other hand is a different matter where he suffers a pretty bad case of "Fate Worse Than Death".

Here it is:

Spoiler:
RavenZecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 13:50   Link #6073
Namorax

Quote:
Ermm...if you look at my post closely, you can see the lines "if you've watched the anime" right in the beginning.

No, you're not trolling. You're right about regarding that scene. It's just that the anime showed what exactly had happened during the meeting and before he met Zetsumei. It's also true that this event might not be canon and that's exactly why I used the word "unless" to start my argument.
Well, I didn't quote or referred to you when I wrote my post, if that is any consolation... sorry in any case.
Old 2015-09-30, 17:58   Link #6074
overlord
Overlord Enthusiast

Quote:
Well, I didn't quote or referred to you when I wrote my post, if that is any consolation... sorry in any case.
You obviously quoted and referred that post to me. You even quoted my post. I don't understand what you're trying to say right now.
Old 2015-09-30, 20:49   Link #6075
NWJY
Newbei Enter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijok View Post
It just Aura release her bloodlust to distract Shalltear
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 23:25   Link #6076
bloodyriders

https://youtu.be/ZTgNyNMLsmc
So, they make a pv (with same style of pure pure pleiades) to promote their own BD, and it's worth of 5 minutes lol. Now that's unique, as i never saw an anime have their own promoting animation. and maybe they will make s2 for real if it's sell very well
bloodyriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 00:07   Link #6077
Waxman

I believe the other animes will make their own promoting animation with how low they sold.
About the reunion of the lider of the Balck Scripture, i need to check but wasn't he (in the LN) wearing a magic item that created an ilussion of sorts making him look older?
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 00:15   Link #6078
bloodyriders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
I believe the other animes will make their own promoting animation with how low they sold.
About the reunion of the lider of the Balck Scripture, i need to check but wasn't he (in the LN) wearing a magic item that created an ilussion of sorts making him look older?
Actually overlord sell more than 8k at first 3 days, so it sell well enough (though it lower than predicted 10k)

No, the black scripture member used a mask to cover themselves while doing a mission or going outside from their palace room, not sure why they didn't use the mask when subjuguating the revival of catasthropic dragon lord, maybe it's too urgent

The captioned version of commercial
http://captiongenerator.com/62114/OV...commercial-sub

Last edited by bloodyriders; 2015-10-01 at 01:13.
bloodyriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 08:28   Link #6079
Namorax

Quote:
You obviously quoted and referred that post to me. You even quoted my post. I don't understand what you're trying to say right now.
Let's try to start at the beginning:

Spoiler for maaaaaany quotes:
Old 2015-10-02, 00:06   Link #6080
erb

Guys, does anyone know who are these guys on the intro??

Spoiler for big img:
erb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination