AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-30, 18:01   Link #801
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Tsubasa's dad bluntly saying "Mahou Shoujo" was kind of fourth wall breaking in a sense. So another season huh? Welp RIP Dr Ver for the worst hero ever.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 22:14   Link #802
Shadow5YA

Can't say I enjoyed the daddy issues drama but that ending was beautiful.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 23:52   Link #803
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Re-watching the past few seasons it is interesting to see where they stepped forward and back in the third season.

Spoiler for Season 2 and 3 thoughts:

May have to let it sit for a while, but overall I did enjoy season 3. The action was fun, the battles were good, I enjoyed the villains (especially Carol and Garrie) and it lead to a great showdown. Definitely had its issues. Hibiki's reluctance to see her gear as a weapon seemed odd, but I felt her issues with her dad made sense. The Ignite Modules were a cool addition in their own right and surprisingly didn't blow up in the main casts face like you might have expected.

Like season 2 there are mistakes they can learn from if they do make another season. Probably be good to avoid a repetitive way of resolving character arcs. I'd like to see more issues that are being faced by Chris or Hibiki or any of the others. Just perhaps be good to blend them together a bit so it doesn't feel like you are just turning to the next character to deal with their issues. Maybe can resolve things at around the same time.

Regardless, I found the last two season a lot of fun and the first season was really good in its own right as well. This series as a whole can never be called flawless, but it manages to make things really fun despite that. Just a really enjoyable setup that they've made work for 3 seasons and hopefully they can do so for another one sometime down the road.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2015-10-01 at 00:18.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 08:25   Link #804
ValvraveTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
Tsubasa's dad bluntly saying "Mahou Shoujo" was kind of fourth wall breaking in a sense. So another season huh? Welp RIP Dr Ver for the worst hero ever.
I dont think its that important. From the very start of GX preview they already name it mahou shoujo incident(codename), Eventhou carol is an alchemist. Some fans did say that symphogear series is mahou shoujo also, many sayings.
Old 2015-10-01, 08:28   Link #805
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episodes 12 and 13:
While Dr. Ver managed to ruin Carol's plans as well as saving Maria, Kirika, and Shirabe, he'll won't be missed 'cause he's the worst hero ever!

Meanwhile, gotta say that Elfnein told Carol to forgive humanity, but it's already too late as Carol got punched hard by Hibiki and her memories are almost burned out. On the other hand, loved how Carol saved Elfnein's life!

Anyways, a great ending to this third season!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 04:54   Link #806
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Finally caught up with the last two episodes. I have quite a few things to say about certain things but I don't really care anymore, these episodes were (mostly) fabulous.

IT'S LOVE
A HERO
LMFAO THAT UFO
DOCKING LOL
DINOZOIDS
OMG THEY DIED. JUST KIDDING WE'RE BACK IN TIME FOR HEXABURST

Looking forward to next season!
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 13:43   Link #807
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
next time on Symphogear!, Hibiki was reduced to an annoying mascot character in Kamen Rider Ghost! or Kaname Madoka reduced to a Kyubey-like character, depending on your own preference
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 14:18   Link #808
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

i don't know what the fuck is this show but nana mizuki songs are so good
Old 2015-10-03, 06:05   Link #809
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

I listened to Carol songs and it is extraordinary!
The 1st song of the music and singing is pure evil, while the 2nd song it's feels so peaceful.
A interesting villain that has two personality got me satisfied.
Old 2015-10-03, 09:52   Link #810
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDCOne View Post
I listened to Carol songs and it is extraordinary!
The 1st song of the music and singing is pure evil, while the 2nd song it's feels so peaceful.
A interesting villain that has two personality got me satisfied.
Yeah, definitely some of my favorite songs of the season there. The first one is just plain evil in a kind of tragic way. Second song is pretty peaceful though somewhat sad as well when considering the translations on the earlier pages.

Good move giving her a character CD.
Old 2015-10-03, 09:54   Link #811
silvercover
Romance Expert

season 4 cant come soon enough.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 19:34   Link #812
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
season 4 cant come soon enough.
It won't because this year of anime finished so fast!xD
Old 2015-10-04, 16:11   Link #813
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX. Final Thoughts

Four out of seven. Right now, I'm finished with half of the shows I started back on the Summer season.

Unfortunately, I never was able to catch up with everyone on Symphogear due to my repeated laziness, although from time to time I checked your posts on this thread.

Where do I start?

Season three contained many idiosyncracies sometimes working together and sometimes working against each other.

Some fans were split on Hibiki's character for this season regarding not fighting Carol and such. My take is simply that Hibiki was, is, and will always be Hibiki no matter what. Her supposed break off character isn't a break or departure of her character, IMO. Rather those issues were nicely explored for Hibiki in season one and more so in the second.

I was just pissed off that the girl got the short end of the stick at the start of the season due to the Autoscorers seemingly winning, but the tide began to truly turn once the girls were able to subdue the Ignite Module and fought back.

As many pointed out, from the many things this season focused on the writers took their time exploring the parent issue. Straightforwardly, Hibiki, and later Tsubasa.

For good the show allowed Hibiki's father to gain forgiveness and redemption, and I can say that the last closing shot from this season's ending summed my satisfaction now that Hibiki's family is reunited again and beginning the long way to make amends and to heal.

The battles and the songs were top notch, but I prefer if the writers can go past the Noise and begin to introduce new monster creatures for the next batch of enemies.

If I recall the last episode, Tsubasa's father disclosed to Genjuuro that trouble is brewing in Europe now that USA has fallen off from power, so I assume the next villain or villainness will come from Europe, although tecnically this season's antagonist, Carol, came from a village in Medieval Europe.

I just hoping Symphogear gets a similar treatment like Zero no Tsukaima did, and the fans get treated for a fourth season, though I theorize that may be or not season four if it materializes won't come until either Summer/Fall 2018 or Winter 2019.

Last edited by Guido; 2015-10-04 at 17:18.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 16:56   Link #814
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Nice points Guido.

On Hibiki's actions in the first few episodes I think they could have worked better if the show set it up right. The second season had her freezing up early in a similar way but it worked because you quickly understood why Shirabe's actions would hit her that hard. If the focus was quickly on the issues of fathers and Hibiki thinking back to hers and thus not able to bring herself to fight that could have worked. Or flashback to previous fights like with Miku and have that be a reason she doesn't want to fight a person like Carol. Just getting it across better would have been nice.

I don't mind giving Hibiki's father some redemption since he does step up and will make legitimate efforts. I doubt their family will just heal up immediately with no problems, but so long as he is willing to keep on pushing himself to be a better person you can have that a slow build kind of situation.

Agreed on working on a new monster design. I understand the desire to have a large group of disposable enemies to show off the awesome attacks the girls have. But we can change it up. It worked ok this time since having the alca-noise look like the regular noise was part of the plan to lower the guard of the girl's initially, so that's ok. But we can change it up going forward.

Plenty of avenues for future conflicts. US trying to step back up, more trouble in Europe, maybe the data that Ver passed on to Maria, etc. Plenty of routes for change and danger.

Certainly no guarantees for another season, but I'd be hyped. I'd cross my fingers for something in 2017, but those guesses are probably more realistic.
Old 2015-10-06, 08:00   Link #815
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

BD1 for GX sold 17,818 copies. Almost 18k, a good deal more than G's first BD, both carrying event tickets. Unless a catastrophe happens and everyone decides to stop buying them once there are no more tickets, it's going to beat S2 by a decent margin in sales now, pretty much a lock.

Here's hoping this means the S4 announcement won't take too long. Next year's live, I'm looking at you!
Old 2015-10-06, 10:15   Link #816
Jabawock
S.A.F.A Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
BD1 for GX sold 17,818 copies. Almost 18k, a good deal more than G's first BD, both carrying event tickets. Unless a catastrophe happens and everyone decides to stop buying them once there are no more tickets, it's going to beat S2 by a decent margin in sales now, pretty much a lock.

Here's hoping this means the S4 announcement won't take too long. Next year's live, I'm looking at you!
Let me correct you a bit, GX BD/DVD didn't "carrying event tickets". According to official site, what include is the lottery code for "rights to purchase premium(early) ticket". You also have to pay for that ticket if you win the lottery.
Jabawock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 10:22   Link #817
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabawock View Post
Let me correct you a bit, GX BD/DVD didn't "carrying event tickets". According to official site, what include is the lottery code for "rights to purchase premium(early) ticket". You also have to pay for that ticket if you win the lottery.
Yeah, I'm aware. But it's just so common place nowadays with anime that I don't even see people saying 'they had codes for you to apply for tickets', so I usually just say tickets since that's what people want from it, lol.

But the explanation if helpful for those who aren't aware of it, and I guess the way I worded it does give the wrong impression, so thanks.
Old 2015-10-06, 18:45   Link #818
MagnaFisto

it is bit a shame that this season genjuro doesn't do anything at all

but still this season we had an amazing villain songs
MagnaFisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 20:24   Link #819
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaFisto View Post
it is bit a shame that this season genjuro doesn't do anything at all

but still this season we had an amazing villain songs
at least we get to see his backstory & his business with his brother, Tsubasa's dad.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 23:27   Link #820
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

In the end pretty happy with how strong the sales started out for the first volume. Never a bad thing for a show to have that level of success.

Hopefully this is encouragement enough for them to keep on going with this group into a fourth season. Though sadly the only time we're likely to find out is that Symphogear Live event. Wish it was a lot closer than it is.

Also will say that the full versions for Radiant Force and Just Loving X-Edge were nice. Though I'm not as big on the near full minute instrumental intro for Radiant Force (like with Maria's Gungnir song), it still was a great listen. The mix for Shirabe and Kirika is also really nice for their song, like it a bit more than their second season one.

Tags
action, singing