Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-10-09, 11:44   Link #5441
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Those hype messages are actually done by the magazine and not the authors.
Yeah, its usually done by the editor(s).

Its usually a 50-50 scenario, but I believe in this instance, said message holds significance for the next chapter.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 12:21   Link #5442
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

There's no denying that this was a cringeworthy arc, and I can think of one ending I'll accept out of this:

Quote:
After Raku throws open the door, Marika is overjoyed and Raku goes into a self-righteous tirade. Marika sees the reaction of her mother, and starts to falter. Raku proposes a choice: goes off with him, or proceed with the wedding.

Mysterious bridegroom then steps in, who is gentle and courteous in his manner. He waits for Marika's decision, and his face is revealed to be a gentleman with kind eyes. Marika is struck with an epiphany then, and after a long pause, chooses to proceed with the wedding.

Raku: "But why?!"

Marika then explains that even though she is fearful, the look on the bridegroom is enough to give her confidence of a secure and more positive future. She will marry, then use her rightful title as heir and weld tremendous power over her family. She will introduce reforms into the family system, despite her sickly nature, and swear she will raise her children in a different way compared to her and older generations. Her word will be law, and not even her mother can go against it. In this way, Marika will bestow forgiveness to her mom, and show her that there is another way to raising a child. She will also regularly keep in touch the gang, knowing that somewhere, she has a small special place in Raku's heart and cherishes the memory.

It will also be revealed that bridegroom's name is "Yxxxxx-San." He will continue to court and love his wife, and Marika will continue to grow in her love for him.
I'm a big fan of hopeful endings.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 12:40   Link #5443
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Man, I would love to have a figure of Marika in that wedding dress.... aside from that, just lets be done with this crap.
Old 2015-10-09, 12:53   Link #5444
Chosen_Hero

Next chapter Komi will reveal that Marika never really loved Raku but the "old man" who coincidentally is very similar to Raku and the only reason Marika was so obsessed with Raku is because she mistook them with each other.

Then in the next arc we find out Onodera's promised boy is actually Shu (go back to the first few chapters where she thinks of the boy and only sees a shadow, it looks eerily similar to the troll who has almost the same outline as Raku... just saying) who has his own locket hidden away but kept it secret.

Komi just put this piece of trash out it's misery.
Old 2015-10-09, 13:00   Link #5445
moodie

you know you guys can always drop it and wait for the ending if its soo crap to you.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 13:09   Link #5446
Phantomlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
you know you guys can always drop it and wait for the ending if its soo crap to you.
You are forgetting the hypnotic powers of trainwrecks and car crashes. No matter how horrible it gets, you can't stop watching them,
Phantomlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 13:10   Link #5447
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Been reading this for a year and a half, not gonna drop it till I see how it ends. Just personal conviction and a challenge of mine.
Old 2015-10-09, 13:11   Link #5448
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Sadly i've put years into this series already, i'm in it for the long haul and i'll complain about it as long as there is something to complain about and I won't hold back just because someone doesn't like it, besides i'm no quitter.
Old 2015-10-09, 16:22   Link #5449
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

How would you guys react if he says:

"She can't get married because she is my friend!!"
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 17:11   Link #5450
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
How would you guys react if he says:

"She can't get married because she is my friend!!"
Are you f@cking serious?

Something like that.
I mean, I can understand that he dislikes the whole arranged marriage thingie or that Marika was forced to do so, etc, but she got her "chance" so to say to make Raku fall for her which seems to be more than her mother had. Marika could have been forced to be married off without ever even seeing Raku ever again if her mother had wanted to do so. So yeah, not saying Marika's mom is without fault or that Raku charging in makes no sense, but well, Marika went in willingly so to say. To crash this marriage also means crashing Marika's resolve and will she had when she started this bet of meeting Raku after all those years and hoping she will still love him when seeing him after such a long time, him remembering her and ofc her being the girl he loves/falls in love with.
And that just feels wrong to me from a friend perspective. I would have liked to talk with her if she was sure she would go through with this or not and support her in either decision but I wouldn't want to decide for her that the marriage has to be cancelled just because I want so because of my own sense of what a marriage should be like. That's just not right.
Old 2015-10-09, 23:33   Link #5451
Sixth
Hu Tao

I just read the comments for the chapter in online manga reader site, and yes, everyone was with us. They hate Raku's guts and hypocrisy.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 23:36   Link #5452
MAX_COLA_POWER!

*Sees Raku and the word Resolve in the same panel*.....HA!>V<, that is all.
Old 2015-10-09, 23:39   Link #5453
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
They hate Raku's guts and hypocrisy.
Hating Raku's guts would imply he even had any to begin with.

Un(?)fortunately, that does not seem to be the case here.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 23:43   Link #5454
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
There's no denying that this was a cringeworthy arc, and I can think of one ending I'll accept out of this:

[Insert legitimately good arc ending fanfic/prediction, though still nowhere near the level needed to redeem the arc here]

I'm a big fan of hopeful endings.
Okay, I can live with that.

OR, we can all enjoy as Raku gets shot in the stomach... with a tranq gun, and then is hauled back to the dungeon, and his family is reduced to a smoldering pile of ash.

and THEN, Marika's mom comes in and says "this is what happens when you go about flapping your tongue without thinking through of the consequences".
Old 2015-10-09, 23:44   Link #5455
Phantomlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
Hating Raku's guts would imply he even had any to begin with.

Un(?)fortunately, that does not seem to be the case here.
Biologically he has. Or should at least. He could be some kind of alien/robot/plant/mix of everything.
Old 2015-10-09, 23:49   Link #5456
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomlurker View Post
Biologically he has. Or should at least. He could be some kind of alien/robot/plant/mix of everything.
so, basically, you're saying, a very advanced alien species created a humanoid, but the humanoid was so defective, it nearly gave them cancer, so they threw it on Earth with a tag that had its name: "Raku"?

I feel sad for the aliens now.
Old 2015-10-09, 23:54   Link #5457
Phantomlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
so, basically, you're saying, a very advanced alien species created a humanoid, but the humanoid was so defective, it nearly gave them cancer, so they threw it on Earth with a tag that had its name: "Raku"?

I feel sad for the aliens now.
A movie taught me that aliens can invade earth without body armor or any kind of protective gear despite water being lethal to them, nor making use of the technology that allowed them to travel faster than light. They may belong to the same species.
Old 2015-10-10, 06:34   Link #5458
ImperialFlameGod8190

This chapter was an oddity because even the husband could tell that she was hesistant but hey whatever.

Btw the thing i get to enjoy out of this chapter is that when marika was reflecting on his choice she seemed to suggest it was Onodera whose number 1 right now

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 07:56   Link #5459
Fairy Water

Suddenly, I want to ship the old husband with Marika, somehow I feel he could bring happiness to her.

Oh how I was hopping they done all the ceremony before Raku had a chance to ruin it
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 08:39   Link #5460
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Suddenly, I want to ship the old husband with Marika, somehow I feel he could bring happiness to her.

Oh how I was hopping they done all the ceremony before Raku had a chance to ruin it
If the old guy turned out to be a good husband, why not? After all, Marika's mother got herself a pretty badass and good husband there.

At this point, I guess every male in that series is a better male than Raku.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life