AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-10-10, 20:03   Link #6221
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
It's not as bad as you think. Looked at another way, the timing could be considered a godsend. Maruyama's gotta bust his thinking cap now that the publication's caught up with the web novel so he's gonna be much siower cranking out the volumes. In the end, with licensing sooner's better than later.
You missed his point entirely.
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 20:11   Link #6222
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkligh View Post
You missed his point entirely.
With how long new volumes will take, the fanbase would've taken a hit anyways.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 20:14   Link #6223
Darkligh

Quote:
With how long new volumes will take, the fanbase would've taken a hit anyways.
Not until the fan translations caught up to the official release. Whereas now only the truly devoted fans wil stick around for the 10+ years it will take Yen Press to catch up to the official release. Example being Index and Mahouka
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 20:35   Link #6224
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkligh View Post
Not until the fan translations caught up to the official release. Whereas now only the truly devoted fans wil stick around for the 10+ years it will take Yen Press to catch up to the official release. Example being Index and Mahouka
which would have been soon. There is no word on when vol10 would be rls.
Old 2015-10-10, 21:14   Link #6225
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
It's not as bad as you think. Looked at another way, the timing could be considered a godsend. Maruyama's gotta bust his thinking cap now that the publication's caught up with the web novel so he's gonna be much siower cranking out the volumes. In the end, with licensing sooner's better than later.
There isn't much hope in that. With how slow yen press is even with the slow pace a hefty sum of volumes would be released by then
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 21:14   Link #6226
human6861

Yen Press can't wait to the end of this month huh ? *sigh*
Well , it was a fun ride , i think about time to learn Chinese or Japanese .
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 21:19   Link #6227
MonkeyDude

Huh Overlord got licensed? Great news, though shame this will most likely mean bye bye fan translations. If only Yen Press (and by extension Hachette) would adopt an actual digital distribution system like itunes and start taking advantage of the fan translation community...oh well.

So I assume volume 9 in the next 3-4 years?
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 21:51   Link #6228
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I'm also happy at being able to official support the light novel.

But ya, give us a digital release please.
Old 2015-10-10, 21:54   Link #6229
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I'm also happy at being able to official support the light novel.

But ya, give us a digital release please.
you got a long wait then because yen press is not it
Old 2015-10-10, 21:54   Link #6230
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

Damn it another good novel gonna die
YenPress = Novel's Grave Yard
Old 2015-10-10, 22:00   Link #6231
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Eh, I don't have any issues with Yen Press outside NGNL volume 1 translation.

The biggest issue is when they license a long series like Index because it takes forever to catch up.
Old 2015-10-10, 22:04   Link #6232
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Yen Press aside.........I'm more curious about the Miko now.

I'm finding it weird now why Momin didn't pick Last Born or Miko as his partner as they are even more human. Though there's nothing wrong with Nabe, just wondering.
Maybe they wouldn't show their hate of humans like Albedo and Narberal.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 22:07   Link #6233
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Yen Press aside.........I'm more curious about the Miko now.

I'm finding it weird now why Momin didn't pick Last Born or Miko as his partner as they are even more human. Though there's nothing wrong with Nabe, just wondering.
Maybe they wouldn't show their hate of humans like Albedo and Narberal.
8th floor is basically Aniz's trump card. You don't use your trump card unless you absolutely have to.
Old 2015-10-10, 22:38   Link #6234
dragonking9

i don't get why you guys start panicking so fast already. It's still too early for them to warn fan translation sites and beside it's not like the translator has announce it yet that they would be stopping the project. And Yen Press cannot always force all sites to shut down. They mostly work on sites that use wordpress.
oh well,enough complaining about things that cannot be stop.Cursing won't help.Let's talk about the current story.

Nemu is so lucky!! She manage to have a diner(dragon steak) that no one else in the new world could enjoy!! Not even heroes can boast in the legend that they had dragon steak.lol
That is the most expensive ever=The menu is a magic incantation.hahaha
The number 1 rule in Nazarick: just praise Ainz house and say some nice words about his comrades and he would be so happy that he put you on his protection list and serve you expensive food that you would never ever hope to dream to taste.
dragonking9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 01:59   Link #6235
deathcoy

The novel getting licensed is good news in a way. I can directly support the author and i get translated works.

Thing i really, really hate about this, is how the translations are gonna be:

-From the start/beginning, its not so bad if fan translations are at beginning volumes but right now we're like mid way... The wait to catch up... Sometime i wish they just bought the goddamn translations from the fans... Hell hire them, they're more competent and deserve the money...
-Slow, yes they translate even slower than fan translations, 99% of the time!!! To be honest, i have a lot of novels whereby i dropped halfway due to licensed. I have the licensed copy of vol 1 or 2 but the rest are either not yet released(slowpoke as hell) and i totally lost interest cos it takes ages to get the other volumes out...
-No ebook, this is the thing that irks me a lot. The convenience of ebook is staggering. Unless they gonna gimme a toy gift or a special collectors edition, then ebook is a better option for a lot of people, plus opens up the market to more readers. It is a digital era now, although i used to be a collector, however now, the pros of ebook is too good to give up for physical copy. No space required to store the books, no shipping fees, no custom issues, no delayed shipping or waiting(you read after you buy), no worries of dmg/lost goods, no 2nd hand copy worries etc. Really there is so much cons a customer can avoid if they have ebook.

I'm not against licensing otherwise why would i still be buying them, but they need to buck up, need to change...

Last edited by deathcoy; 2015-10-11 at 02:15.
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 03:22   Link #6236
deathcoy

*Prays for ebook*
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 03:57   Link #6237
RDNexus

Is it possible that this whole licensing campaign from YenPress is in fact a scheme to stop all fantranslations, one title at the time?
Honestly, I could see them do that... With the way the world is nowadays, more than before...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 04:26   Link #6238
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Is it possible that this whole licensing campaign from YenPress is in fact a scheme to stop all fantranslations, one title at the time?
Honestly, I could see them do that... With the way the world is nowadays, more than before...
Don't really give a shit about translations. It's 2015 people should be read it using scanned raws by now

One of these days someone is going to use host TL websites under Tor hidden services just to counter fuck their their C&D. Feds got better things to deal with than a bunch of nerds translating shit for free
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 05:58   Link #6239
NWJY
Newbei Enter

BAd news for us huh Yen Translation
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 06:44   Link #6240
overlord
Overlord Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybear View Post
Don't really give a shit about translations. It's 2015 people should be read it using scanned raws by now

One of these days someone is going to use host TL websites under Tor hidden services just to counter fuck their their C&D. Feds got better things to deal with than a bunch of nerds translating shit for free
Someone should create a deepweb website for this lol I agree Feds have their hands full. It's not like Yen Press will pay them to hunt TLs even there.
overlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination