AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-11, 15:41   Link #221
Elestia

They got the dream team of staff lined up and the budget to boot.
Old 2015-10-11, 15:55   Link #222
cupumanager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
and there wasn't much happening when Genos was narrating his backstory either.
Yep, that's the joke. However, that part wouldn't be able to be translated well out of the manga format anyways...
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 16:00   Link #223
Yamada II

Episode 2
Lol that was some hard core mosquito killing there. I totally feel for Saitama. Mosquitoes sure are annoying little bastards. Genos was about to self destruct because he had no other option and the naked Saitama just goes and slaps the mosquito girl. End of story. Now baldie is a sensei.
Lol Genos' story was going on and on and on. He was even talking very fast.

Lol that weird scientist with all his clone workers. Saitama was treating all those monsters like they were nothing. And Genos was spending all that time defeating the gorilla robot. Lol he was talking in a robotic voice to sound cool.

This was just epic. Full blown awesomeness. Now Saitama will meet a weirdo enemy with monster animals.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 16:02   Link #224
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Anyone know what was written on Genos' cup of tea?

"All things come to those who wait."

I "felt" this episode better than the first one, I was either grinning or laughing throughout. The mosquito gags and Genos' neverending backstory were hilarious, as was Saitama slapping the poor mosquito girl away into a bloody splash. And oh boy, the end. So. Much. Namikawa. It was kind of scary.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 16:19   Link #225
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I really love how they keep build the hype and fear over every new villains only to be punched into blood splat in less than 1 second by Saitama

if you want an epic fight, watch Genos' battle
if you want to kill your hype, watch Saitama's fight

I think rather than noting his punch, Saitama is also got incredible speed and evasion
He is scary but at least we know that he struggle to kill a single mosquito
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 16:20   Link #226
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
"All things come to those who wait."

I "felt" this episode better than the first one, I was either grinning or laughing throughout. The mosquito gags and Genos' neverending backstory were hilarious, as was Saitama slapping the poor mosquito girl away into a bloody splash. And oh boy, the end. So. Much. Namikawa. It was kind of scary.
I really feel sad for moskito girl, she ended so fast =/ and she was very liked/popular when she appeared in manga.

And that episode showed the only enemie saitama not was able to true defeat, a little mosquito, was the only thing able to hold himself against saitama, while his master the mosquito girl could no

Finally one of the most fun and really fun characters appeared the almight saitama fangirl/boy geno, that season will be really awesome and fun can't wait to see next episodes!!!.

And the anime quality still OP as saitama, they really open they safes for this anime that is what means high quality animation.

K and one punch man are really fighting to see who will be the most "high budget anime of the year or even decade.
Old 2015-10-11, 16:37   Link #227
AntonKutovoi

I wonder if Genos' monologue was done in one take (for some reason it reminded me of Hatoko's outburst from Inoue Battle). Great job, Ishikawa.
Anyway, I laughed trough the entire episode, even though I've read manga before. It's just way too good.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 16:38   Link #228
James Rye

The battle against the moscito was the hardest Saitama had for years. He even needed to get some chemical weapon to fight against that foe. xD

But damn, that was a lot of blood when he PIMPSLAPPED that moscito-girl! The entire building was painted in red! And he killed the insect dude before he could even give his name. XDDD

Anybody else thought during Genos superlong explanation that HE is the rouge cyborg gone made and that the Doctor programmed this whole background story into him as a means to save him? Aka keep him on the path to justice to atone for his crimes while searching for a cyborg he will never meet as he is the culprit but that part of his past just got deleted?

It just would kinda fit as the Doctor just happens to get past this destroyed area and the 15 year old kid is there and he turns his entire body into a cyborg so that even the moscitos cannot find a single drop of blood on him and such. It could have been that the Doctor beat Genos somehow, thought it was a waste to kill him and just made him a good guy, gave him a reason to exist and went on with his life afterwards.

If that would happen to be true, I wonder how Genos would react hearing he is the one who killed them all and that he never had a family as it was only programmed into him as a fake memory to serve for his thirst for revenge and justice.
Old 2015-10-11, 16:47   Link #229
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so... probably we could say that to kill Saitama, you should use mosquito swarm instead of combining them into one big mosquito that easily get punched
Saitama should learn some area multi-raid attack like Genos had to disperse swarm of small creatures
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 17:13   Link #230
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

God damn this show is a comedy goldmine.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 18:12   Link #231
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

My favorite part was the backstory where he just kept droning on and on and on and on.

This show knows its tropes, and it knows them VERY well.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 18:46   Link #232
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I had my reservations when I gave this series a try but I'm glad I did. This show is absolutely hilarious! I kept grinning or laughing throughout this episode.

The one thing Saitama forgot to warn Cyborg guy about, before agreeing to teach him, was that he'll go bald at the end of his training...just hope he's prepared for that.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 19:36   Link #233
sayde

Can't believe it took Saitama only 3 years to become that strong. Anyways, the animation didn't look like it dropped a single bit from the series premiere. And it still continues to be just as funny this week. Another 10/10 for me.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 20:26   Link #234
mweloo

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I had my reservations when I gave this series a try but I'm glad I did. This show is absolutely hilarious! I kept grinning or laughing throughout this episode.

The one thing Saitama forgot to warn Cyborg guy about, before agreeing to teach him, was that he'll go bald at the end of his training...just hope he's prepared for that.
I don't think he has to worry about that. I wouldn't be surprised if his hair's made of metallic fibres, so he can always get them replaced from this doctor fellow.

Last edited by mweloo; 2015-10-11 at 21:40.
mweloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 20:33   Link #235
aakun4

Absolutely amazing once again. It feels so good when a new anime is so satisfying from the very beginning. Cyborg-kun's annoyingly long monologue was brilliant :')
aakun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 20:34   Link #236
Esclair

The animation is SO GOOD. Humor was even more on point. Genos looked AWESOME.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 20:38   Link #237
bigdeath

The only thing that matches this shows humor is the animation. It has surprisingly good visuals, the fights all look awesome. Really funny show. I love the reaction of the mole monster when he saw his lion partner get obliterated. lol

"You'll never be able to beat the #2 monster."

"Oh, you mean this guy" *holds severed eyeball.

ROFL
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 21:27   Link #238
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Got to say Saitama not really embarrassed about being naked
Old 2015-10-11, 22:03   Link #239
Chosen_Hero

My eyes are being spoiled by this anime, everything else is starting to look like crap.

My favorite part in episode 2 had to be when he steps out of the hole like it was nothing.

This anime is just making me want to see a death battle between Saitama and Superman, that way Saitama finally has someone on his level and Superman could finally use every last bit of his limitless power.
Old 2015-10-11, 23:15   Link #240
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

this show is pure gold, pls dont let the animation quality drop im being spoiled by the visuals and action.

What sucks though is that theres too many monsters of the week so we probaly wont get any decent story, but i can live with that

Tags
action, comedy, parody, satire, seinen, super hero