Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-05, 08:52   Link #61
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku
Surprised no one bumped this. At anyrate, we released episode 5, after a year and a month later. We may release episode 6 soon (in a months time). After that, everything just depends on if we can obtain the raw for episode 7 and up...
Ep 5 had an awful raw.
It looked like 320*240 blowned up to 640*480, without the use of any filters at all (I'm sure that's what happened)
Old 2006-05-20, 21:46   Link #62
Hiei-

You're always using those bad raws for the fansub ? (didn't looked the fifth yet, only the four first)

edit : didn't saw the previous post, so yeah, it seems.

Not a criticism at all, but I say that cuz I have better raws, 46 episodes in WMV9, 640x480, size from 130 to 350 MB (most are more than 200 MB).

Two screenshots in JPEG :

http://www.cpt-tsubasa.net/dai-01.jpg

http://www.cpt-tsubasa.net/dai-02.jpg

I can also help for all the names, I read the japanese manga.

Common names :

Dai (later in the episodes, his father, Baran, call him "Dino")
Pop
Ma'am
Hyunckel
Crocodine
Avan
Leona
Gome
Hadlar (Hadora is a bad retranscription (litteraly) made by the french manga, I know it cuz I'm french ^^ taked also for some english scanlations)
La Heart (one of Baran's men, the one who get an armor like Hyunckel's Armor and a spear, often mispelled as "Rafaruto", again from the french manga)
Vearn (often mispelled as Ban, also from the french)
Mystvearn (same, but for Myst, and I'll explain why it's an error most of the times)
Killvearn
Baran
Zaboera
Flazzard (The ice monster)
Brass (Dai's Granpa)
Matoriv (Later Pop's master in the manga, and one of the three who fought the old evil king with Avan)
Roka & Leila (Ma'am's parents)
Melulu
Nova
Chiu (the little rat)
Baddack (forget if it's one or two "d" but I'll check if it's need), the old man of Papnica with an armor, the one who help with the explosives somewhere int he episodes or in the manga, I forgot)

About Mystvearn, Vearn, and Killvearn, for people who read the manga :

* BEWARE OF SOME BIG SPOILERS *

- Vearn
- MystVearn (what you want for Myst, (Mysterious ?), look like his name cuz no one know who he really is, in fact the real "Vearn")
- Killvearn (His duty was to kill "Vearn", that's why he's called Killvearn)

Some attacks names :

- Daichizan (Dai)
- Kaihazan (Dai)
- Kuuretsuzan (Dai)

Sometimes, before he says : "Avan-Ryuu Tousappo !" (can be translated like "Deadly Sword Skill of Avan", then the one he uses (for example : "Daichizan !")

The three together makes "Avan Strash" (Strash, not Slash, like on the Japanese manga, I even wonder how the french translator had been able to do so much errors, he probably a dumbass -.- (but he did as much errors on Captain Tsubasa so... yeah a dumbass -.- a "t" and a "l" are different in japanese... that's not "l" and "r" here...)

Bloody Scraid (Hyunckel)
Grand Cross (Hyunckel) <= (and his move confirm it. It's a cross sign ^^)
Juuou Kaishin Geki (Crocodine, the renamed version of his move, after he met Dai & Pop).

Somes magics names :

- Mera, Merami, Merazoma
- Hyado, Hyadalko
- Bagi, Bagi Cross
- Behoimi, Behoma

(I dun remember all without looking in the japanese manga but if a special name is needed, I can)

So if you need some help, feel free to contact me (if you want)

The best would be to do some v2 of the first five with those raws then continue. (but just my point of view)

edit : And as, it's quite rare and maybe some people won't believe it (about the raws), I already saw some peoples like that, here's another screenshot :

http://www.cpt-tsubasa.net/rare.jpg

And two others screenshots, from the episode 05 this time (i'll be better to compare I think, the two first were from the episode 46, the last one) :

http://www.cpt-tsubasa.net/dai-03.jpg

http://www.cpt-tsubasa.net/dai-04.jpg

Last edited by Hiei-; 2006-05-22 at 22:45.
Old 2006-05-21, 00:40   Link #63
Fel
Clean up princess

Very nice.
And all the right character names too (I'm only on v12).

The quest continues!
Old 2006-05-22, 22:50   Link #64
Hiei-

Another thing, I think it's better to let the original names for the magics, but you do what you want ^^

People are not dumb, and can see mera is a magic spell when they saw the flames coming from it ^^;

Or at least, put a note on the episode, or a webpage on your site which translate all the magics names.

Also cause I don't really see how you'll translate some others.

Mera => Flare (that's look good but for the others...)

Merami => Medium Flare ?
Merazoma => High Flare ?

etc...
Old 2006-05-23, 02:43   Link #65
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Well, for the magic names, I kinda like going the liberal way. Most of the conservatives who want all the original names will of course complain, but it makes more sense if attacks like "flame" are used, and not "mera", which means nothing to an only-English-speaking fansub-viewer. For the higher levels of "merami", we'll probably just think of more English equivalents - "blazin' fire", for instance.
Old 2006-05-23, 03:09   Link #66
CelesAurivern
*Fansubber

Sounds like you're making a dubtitle.
Old 2006-05-23, 03:57   Link #67
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

This doesn't make sense because then we'll have switched between "Flare" to "Mera" to...Bah.
Old 2006-05-24, 00:20   Link #68
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku
This doesn't make sense because then we'll have switched between "Flare" to "Mera" to...Bah.
>.<

Whatever. You're in charge of this project now anyway.
Old 2006-05-24, 08:41   Link #69
CelesAurivern
*Fansubber

List of DQ spells on Wiki
A quick reference for those who need it.
Old 2006-05-24, 11:47   Link #70
Hiei-

Somes are missings (for example, the one Baran use, and the same Dai use after in the manga, but there are a good number of it so a good start)

Retranscription :
-----------------

Fire : Mera / Merami / Merazoma

Flash : Gira / Begirama / Begiraron

Explosive : Io / Iora / Ionazun

Ice : Hyado / Hyadalko / Hyadain / Mahyado

Air : Bagi / Bagima / Bagi Cross

Eletric Shock : Den / Raiden / Gigaden / Minaden

Magic of Death : Zaki / Zaraki / Zarakima <= (Don't remember to have see this one in the manga, maybe in game, not precised)

Self-Destruction (Suicide) : Megante

Transformation in Steel : Astron <= (litteraly, that would be "asutoruron", but even if I don't like "Astron", that would be the "best way" to read it)

Transformation in Dragon : Dragoram.

Heal : Hoimi / Behoimi / Behoma

Antidote : Kiari

? : Mahoimi / Mahoric / Mahoizun <= (Don't remember to have see this one in the manga, maybe in game, not precised)

Teleporation (Instant Movement) : Rura

I, also, didn't do all the names cuz of a lot of them are spells from the games only.

Anyway, if someone choose to keep the original names and need a particular retranscription of one spell missing here, he will just have to post here to ask ^^

Last edited by Hiei-; 2006-05-24 at 15:48.
Old 2006-05-30, 22:15   Link #71
dj.vearn

um...is there any website i can download the manga? i rmmber reading dragon quest when im in primary school..i hav quite a collection of em..but theres some missing...so where can i download it?
Old 2006-06-11, 02:20   Link #72
Fel
Clean up princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj.vearn
um...is there any website i can download the manga? i rmmber reading dragon quest when im in primary school..i hav quite a collection of em..but theres some missing...so where can i download it?
Square Ocean is scanlating the manga at a terrific rate.
Google it if you're not sure how to find them.
Old 2006-09-27, 20:46   Link #73
DranzerX13

Send a message via AIM to DranzerX13 Send a message via MSN to DranzerX13 Send a message via Yahoo to DranzerX13
when is dragon quest dnd episode 6 going to be released?
Old 2006-09-28, 20:38   Link #74
Jeloren

IIRC, the last I heard they weren't really able to get ahold of any japanese raws past episode 5, so it's doubtful that there will ever be another release. I'm not even sure whether the group is still actually active or not, as I haven't even been able to get into their website for months now. Don't have any idea what's up with that.
Old 2006-09-29, 15:21   Link #75
DranzerX13

Send a message via AIM to DranzerX13 Send a message via MSN to DranzerX13 Send a message via Yahoo to DranzerX13
Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken is truly a great anime series. honestly I don't know why it never got an american dub. I love this anime, it rocks. Especially the fight where Dai faces Freezard the fire ice monster.

That was a funny scene on episode 1 where Dai was near Grampa Brass and said Iru-Iru, then Brass got sucked inside that magic tube. Then Brass was jumping around saying that he wanted out. Honestly Brass reminds me of the way my mother acts. quite funny actually.
Old 2006-09-29, 19:45   Link #76
Jeloren

Honestly, I'm surprised it was never picked up in the US too. The series always struck me as being kind of Dragonball-esque, and given how popular DBZ is here I think that Dai might have done pretty well. But then again, maybe it wouldn't have, seeing as how it got cancelled in Japan and all. Makes me sad, 'cause it really is a fun show to watch and it stays almost completely faithful to the manga storyline.

The manga is still better overall, though.
Old 2006-10-02, 04:57   Link #77
DranzerX13

good news for clem-kun and chibi-goku. I found Dai no Daibouken eps 7-9 and 37japanese raw. good quality too. i'll send those eps only to clem or chibi-goku through msn or aim messenger.
Old 2006-10-02, 05:15   Link #78
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Dai no Daibouken suffered the most from what I call, "Shadow of the God" effect. It was a very good manga, and it became extremely good much later (( Especially when Hyper Hadlar and the his Guardian Knights debuted )), but it came at a time when DBZ was at it's height of it's popularity and no one gave a damn about Dai no Daibouken, even though it was a good manga. Same case for the anime as well.

Dai no Daibouken needs to be remade.
Old 2006-10-02, 11:32   Link #79
DranzerX13

I have Dai no Daibouken episodes 1-7, 32-37 in raw japanese now. I have no need to ask clem for his raws now. you can find Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken
on DVD here at this website:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...nguage=en%5FJP

I know you cannot speak or buy japanese products at a foreign website. that is why we will get http://www.jpophelp.com to do that for us. they buy japanese dvds and we get it from them.

if you want to buy them, email them at jpophelp@jpophelp.com

then in the email copy and paste the first link I mentioned above. and these are reasonably cheap DVDs brand new. they just came out. 20,000 yen (USD$20.00)
Old 2006-10-04, 17:03   Link #80
Jeloren

Err, those aren't Dragon Quest DVDs on the page you linked. That's for a show called Tondera House no Daibouken. Here's the Wikipedia article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flying_House
Closed Thread