AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-10-11, 17:25   Link #1741
KBTKaiser

Escanor's too enamored with Merlin, remember. And this time around Gowther's locked down and Merlin's stuck in her Sacred Treasure.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 17:55   Link #1742
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I sometimes get reminded of the fact that Merlin is a famous male mage in the legend of King Arthur. A wizard. But there are stories, like this one, that have Merlin depicted as a female mage. I don't get it. Is that name supposed to be neutral to genders?

Anyway, yeah, my bad about how Ban got his three-part flail from his bag. I didn't get the idea that he may have used Snatch. Sorry about that.

So yeah, here's to hoping we'll get to see his Sacred Treasure soon.
Old 2015-10-11, 19:09   Link #1743
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Short answer: Merlin is a woman in this story. Don't think too hard about it.

King Arthur is not Nanatsu no Taizai and vice-versa. They may have overlapping elements but in the end they're different stories. If one of them has Merlin as a woman then so be it.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 22:36   Link #1744
marvelB

Well, I was a bit busy this weekend, but I finally got around to checking out the chapters! Man, it was great to see Ban kicking Galan's ass, after all. And to think I said before that Galan would be a disadvantageous opponent for him because of his curse..... yet the situation was actually completely reversed!

...Just too bad he still lost his soul in the end. As for what happens from here, I did make a joke in my earlier spoiler about Ban pulling a Hawk and "eating" his way out of Galan, but I'm kinda wondering if he's actually going to be gone for a period again? I mean, that whole scene with his life flashing before his eyes seemed pretty significant to me, after all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
This is the same author that "killed" Machine Banchou.....not really worried for Ban.

And not to mention that Akira technically also "died" in Machine Banchou's arc.... but it took the usual encouragement from friends (as well as a few words from the badass elderly butler) to spring him back to life!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 21:46   Link #1745
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not overly worried....but still this isn't good. I mean the odds of killing one of the most popular characters permanently is pretty low I think. The manga wouldn't even kill off Hendriksen . But, shows the care you have about a character that they can make me worried about what might happen. I sure hope Ban doesn't bite it. Especially since this isn't normal death here, this is your soul being devoered.

All I can say is that....King now would be a very good time to make an appearance to help out. Heck maybe Meliodas will make a move since this is basically his best friend in extreme danger here. I do wonder if Meliodas will be hit harder since this is the result of his strategy in action. His 'greeting' sent the Commandments scattered and that lead them right into Ban. I don't think he made a terrible tactical move there, but this is a consequence.

One interesting thing though. Is it just me or is Elaine still actually live? She's not in great shape at all, but she's still currently there. May be a special situation since her body is technically ok, or maybe it just takes time for her to slip away...

Regardless this is bad. I'm glad Ban got such a badass appearance in the first chapter and leading to the second. That was damn awesome, one of his better pure fights. It showed his great skills and magic. Maybe it also hints where his training "if he gets some" will go or what his sacred treasure might do. That being boost his capacity. The issue here was that he couldn't steal enough physical power, he has a physical limit. But if he could reach a higher limit....he could be a true monster.
Old 2015-10-12, 21:56   Link #1746
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Hendrickson got nuked out of existence and then showed up safe and sound, ain't no way in fucking hell that Ban is dying.
Old 2015-10-15, 15:22   Link #1747
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I guess you're right. He'll manage to survive this one somehow, the only question is "How?".

@FlareKnight: While I agree with you that he should train to reach a higher cap for how much power he can steal from his opponents, he also still needs to worry about the Demon who represents the Commandment that says "Thou shalt not steal" out of the Ten Commandments, as that Demon is going to be his worst enemy.

On a partly related note, though, who else is reminded of the Rave Master's sword from the manga Rave, that also had the name "Ten Commandments"?
Old 2015-10-16, 00:46   Link #1748
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I sometimes get reminded of the fact that Merlin is a famous male mage in the legend of King Arthur. A wizard. But there are stories, like this one, that have Merlin depicted as a female mage. I don't get it. Is that name supposed to be neutral to genders?
At least in this series, king Arthur is actually a man and not a cross dressing teen girl -.-. I'm okay with gender-bender Merlin though since the character has always been famously known as a magician and a shape-shifter.
Old 2015-10-17, 12:50   Link #1749
marvelB

We're back at the usual single chapters now:

Spoiler for 146:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 13:14   Link #1750
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
We're back at the usual single chapters now:

Spoiler for 146:
i start to like her more and more, a actually really likable char despite being a big b*tch at the beginning
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 18:26   Link #1751
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, that's true. Anyway . . .

Spoiler for Chapter 146 comment:
Old 2015-10-19, 07:15   Link #1752
Dysprosium
Banned

Chapter's out.

So it was Zhivago's soul, instead.

Jericho's selflessness on display, once again, though deep down, she knows she'd stand to gain nothing from it.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-19, 07:30   Link #1753
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
Chapter's out.

So it was Zhivago's soul, instead.

Jericho's selflessness on display, once again, though deep down, she knows she'd stand to gain nothing from it.
It is debatable the way things happening.
Old 2015-10-19, 08:18   Link #1754
Wandering Soul

So Zhivago sacrificed himself for Ban. Not a bad way to go out.

Jericho is brave and selfless even if it won't necessarily win her anything, but still props to her.
Old 2015-10-19, 08:25   Link #1755
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Well, she can be Ban's concubine if he actually become a king like Ban of Arthurian Legend. The girl is probably desperate enough to settle for that.
Old 2015-10-19, 08:36   Link #1756
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Well, she can be Ban's concubine if he actually become a king like Ban of Arthurian Legend. The girl is probably desperate enough to settle for that.
Ban is immortal so he can have hundreds of girls :/
Old 2015-10-19, 13:17   Link #1757
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Definitely deserved props for a lot of characters here. Zhivago stepping up huge and sacrificing his very soul to save his other son. He may not have been there to save Ban in life, but saving his soul? He's on his game . Huge sacrifice there.

Also definitely give Jericho props for stepping up. She's showing her good qualities a lot more lately. Even though there isn't really much to gain here, she is moving her rear and doing what she can. Of course as per normal both Ban and Elaine are putting the others safety above their own and getting nowhere .
Old 2015-10-19, 14:23   Link #1758
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Also definitely give Jericho props for stepping up. She's showing her good qualities a lot more lately. Even though there isn't really much to gain here, she is moving her rear and doing what she can.
agree, jericho was awesome, i hope that she will regain her powers+powerup, afterall her ability was to be superfast she should be able to outrun the demons if this is the case
PS: would this be foreshadowing? props at the mangaka if he really planned so far into the future
Old 2015-10-19, 15:29   Link #1759
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
agree, jericho was awesome, i hope that she will regain her powers+powerup, afterall her ability was to be superfast she should be able to outrun the demons if this is the case
PS: would this be foreshadowing? props at the mangaka if he really planned so far into the future
Yeah, she sure could use a speed boost at time like this . Though in that sense it's kind of ironic she's talking about Elaine and Ban owing her big when she owes Ban her life .

I do think that her good development here should lead to her gaining some strength in return. Maybe it will or maybe it won't be her original power, but she's been out here and involved so much that I can't see her staying powerless the whole time.
Old 2015-10-24, 05:32   Link #1760
Dysprosium
Banned

Spoiler for 147:
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen