AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-11-13, 12:10   Link #661
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm afraid future Ise as strong he is in a really politically complicated situation in the future

Like Sirzechs is now

He'll probably fight when shit really hits the fan but small threats are probably being dealt by the young ones

Vali.... is probably still wondering around... or maybe he found someone with a great ass to fall in love with. this is ishibumi so you never know
Political intrigues is one factor, but unlike the Satans, Ise is still partially independent in the future, in that he is still able to keep up on the political loop but at the same time can just leave it to Ajuka and the others while he acts as an ambassador and reinforcements for other mythologies (and at the same time fighting Melvazoa). His children are the ones who kick the Evil God's subordinates ass.

Vali... with his battle maniac personality, he will absolutely not leave a major war without a good fight, especially since Azazel is not around anymore. He still needs certain limitation, though, like by giving him a position and something to take care of (which he do by training Ise's kids)
Old 2015-11-13, 12:25   Link #662
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel_Saeba View Post
Political intrigues is one factor, but unlike the Satans, Ise is still partially independent in the future, in that he is still able to keep up on the political loop but at the same time can just leave it to Ajuka and the others while he acts as an ambassador and reinforcements for other mythologies (and at the same time fighting Melvazoa). His children are the ones who kick the Evil God's subordinates ass
What you wrote above is almost exactly how things should be but from what we know

he doesn't have time for his wives
His schedule is apparently booked for 200 years? (My poor Ravel)
His children seem to like kiba more than himself
I'm pretty sure they deep down inside love and respect their father but one thing is clear that issei is a busy man

I seriously hope the Canon time line doesn't end up being anything like this

Quote:
Vali... with his battle maniac personality, he will absolutely not leave a major war without a good fight, especially since Azazel is not around anymore. He still needs certain limitation, though, like by giving him a position and something to take care of (which he do by training Ise's kids)
I really can't even begin to think how he'd deal with azazel's death.
He was practically vali's only family
I expect it'd bring major changes in his character
Ixis seems fond of him(not sure, have to read the full translation) so i expect them to have strong master-student bond
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 13:19   Link #663
Variabug
Professional Lurker

Thanks amtro, I looked but I just couldn't find it for some reason... probably was just too tired to think straight. Also, I'll send you the scans as well so we have all the volumes in one place for future convenience.

And as for Saeba, sure thing. I guess we could simply give the raws to JerutZ. Or we could find someone else willing to translate the whole thing. If we ask on reddit someone will come up.
Variabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 17:52   Link #664
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@thread: Sacred Gear traits and abilities can't be inherited, that's true, but Ise still has Dragon traits in his body and he was also susceptible to Dragon illnesses and Dragon Slayer attributed weapons and abilities even before he got a body made of Great Red's flesh. You can't ignore that. Ise's body already had Dragon traits even before he got a new body made of Great Red's flesh, and it's obvious where those traits came from. So at least Ise's Dragon traits can be inherited, including (especially) the ones he got from Great Red, even if the Boosted Gear's abilities themselves can't be inherited (which they obviously can't be).

And I'm still sure that it's at least possible that Ise could have mastered DxD mode and Triaina and Cardinal Crimson Queen 30 years in the future. Meaning he should've mastered Ddraig's true power from before he was sealed and also Ophis' power via DxD mode, effectively becoming a Dragon God.

@Carrot: Yeah, Ise's schedule is completely booked for the next 200 years and he's therefore really, really busy. But his kids still all love him, and even Ix is just mad that his dad doesn't spend enough time with him due to being too busy. If you know about the Naruto Gaiden about Naruto's son and Sasuke's daughter, think about the relationship Naruto has with his son. Ishibumi was inspired by Naruto and Boruto for Ise and Ix. It's the same thing. Boruto also loves Naruto a lot as a father, but it's just that Naruto's too busy with being a Hokage and can't spend enough time with his family.

But anyway, yeah, Ise in the future should be more than strong enough to beat these guys that his children are fighting in EX, but he's probably occupied with other things in the future and therefore can't come back to the past. Maybe there's something just as or more important as/than what his kids are doing in the past that's holding him up in the future.
Old 2015-11-13, 18:52   Link #665
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
What you wrote above is almost exactly how things should be but from what we know

he doesn't have time for his wives
His schedule is apparently booked for 200 years? (My poor Ravel)
His children seem to like kiba more than himself
I'm pretty sure they deep down inside love and respect their father but one thing is clear that issei is a busy man

I seriously hope the Canon time line doesn't end up being anything like this

I really can't even begin to think how he'd deal with azazel's death.
He was practically vali's only family
I expect it'd bring major changes in his character
Ixis seems fond of him(not sure, have to read the full translation) so i expect them to have strong master-student bond
Ravel is in charge of his schedule so I doubt she has a problem with it or she would have done his schedule differently.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 18:56   Link #666
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ravel is bound to be feeling kind of down for not being able to give him more time with the rest of his family, though. She might be feeling a bit guilty about that, although there's also the fact that she can have him all to herself at those times (they do only work, but still).
Old 2015-11-13, 19:05   Link #667
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Ravel is bound to be feeling kind of down for not being able to give him more time with the rest of his family, though. She might be feeling a bit guilty about that, although there's also the fact that she can have him all to herself at those times (they do only work, but still).
Devils live for 10,000 years, so he still has plenty of life left, we don't actually know how his schedule works, she has probably also scheduled family time (she did once schedule time for rubbing lotion on the girls' backs).

He does have 10 kids and they all are aware of his perverted nature and say that his wives keep a tight leash on him, so clearly he does spend time with his wives just not as much as he did when he was younger.
Old 2015-11-13, 20:41   Link #668
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I guess you're right. Most likely. But he has 20 kids, doesn't he? Half of them combatants and half with support or healer role or something like that. It seems like he has 2 kids with each of his wives.
Old 2015-11-13, 23:52   Link #669
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I guess you're right. Most likely. But he has 20 kids, doesn't he? Half of them combatants and half with support or healer role or something like that. It seems like he has 2 kids with each of his wives.
Or Ise has more than 20 wives in the future.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 01:22   Link #670
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variabug View Post
Thanks amtro, I looked but I just couldn't find it for some reason... probably was just too tired to think straight. Also, I'll send you the scans as well so we have all the volumes in one place for future convenience.

And as for Saeba, sure thing. I guess we could simply give the raws to JerutZ. Or we could find someone else willing to translate the whole thing. If we ask on reddit someone will come up.
Yeah, it's also can work as a backup in case we have more than one sources lying around.

or split the work. However that depends on JerutZ, though. If he or others can't, I will do it entirely (especially since I expect to have much spare time in January before my final Bachelor's Degree examination )
Old 2015-11-14, 02:37   Link #671
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
Devils live for 10,000 years, so he still has plenty of life left, we don't actually know how his schedule works, she has probably also scheduled family time (she did once schedule time for rubbing lotion on the girls' backs).

He does have 10 kids and they all are aware of his perverted nature and say that his wives keep a tight leash on him, so clearly he does spend time with his wives just not as much as he did when he was younger.
Not according to Zen and Kurenai

Quote:
Though Zen said that Issei has spent little time with them and it was Kiba who brought them up
Quote:
He also can hardly meet with his wives.
The entire universe knows Issei is a pervert
His kids knowing does not have to mean he's spending a lot of time with them

Still waiting for a real explanation of why he'd be this busy that his son is closer to Vali of all people

People in dxd can teleport for God's sake
Old 2015-11-14, 03:04   Link #672
Pierre

I can buy Issei's kids having dragon traits, etc. because Ophius/GR basically genetically rewrote him, but a sacred gear is a just a magical artifact attached to an individual, its not something that would change the genes and pass down.

Besides even if she did pass on her sacred gear, or its essence, since when does twilight healing have any offensive capabilities, the reason she got Rasai and the other dragon was because she had literally zero offensive capability. So I dont get how the kid is strong in terms of power.

Yeah I know its a work of fiction and you got to leave logic at the door, oh well. On the flipside I wonder if Dxd does well enough if we can see a spinoff anime of EX.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 03:22   Link #673
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I can buy Issei's kids having dragon traits, etc. because Ophius/GR basically genetically rewrote him, but a sacred gear is a just a magical artifact attached to an individual, its not something that would change the genes and pass down
Besides even if she did pass on her sacred gear, or its essence, since when does twilight healing have any offensive capabilities, the reason she got Rasai and the other dragon was because she had literally zero offensive capability. So I dont get how the kid is strong in terms of power.
Twilight healing has nothing to do with it.
It was mentioned Asia has really good luck and compatibility with dragons so her daughter inheriting more dragon powers from issei is kinda expected
Then she learned nature manipulation skills from her mother and possibly Sairaorg.
And she's the only counter balance user among her siblings so far
Old 2015-11-14, 03:32   Link #674
Variabug
Professional Lurker

Yeah, we're all waiting for the explanation of why he's so busy. Fortunately Gasper is going to appear next time around and he's probably going to give us a better idea of what Issei is up to as well as a better picture of Issei's personality in the future. So far the only things we know about him is that he's incredibly strong and more perverted than he is post Vol 8. At the same time It'll be interesting to see how Gya-kun has changed over the years. I remember a spoiler that stated Ix feared Gasper (the validity of said spoiler is questionable). I'm pretty sire Ischibumi will probably have something hilarious up his sleeves for our crossdressing vampire.

As for the BR4 I'll probably order it either Monday or Tuesday since I need to put some money on my card to pay for it. (Yeah, I'm kinda old-fashioned in the sense that I tend to use cash rather than digital.) In meantime I'll just make sure everything is in order so there are no problems. And depending on my end of the semester workload I'll have them scanned as quick as possible. In terms of Amtro and Saeba, if there is a particular way you want me to send you the scans just PM me.
Variabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 03:33   Link #675
G147

Kinda disappointed in EX, for being called the next generation it doesn't feel like one. It feels entirely like the Hyoudou family tree 30 years later. I would have preferred it having just Kurenai, Zen and Ex/Ix from Ise's children and some children from Kiba and other friends instead of Ise having 20 kids and out of it 10 of them are God Slayers.

And from the looks of EX, either Ise hasn't formed his own team or he didn't add Asia and Xenovia into his team. Well i'm not really the fan of a latter anyway, so i'm fine if they didn't join Ise's team. But was kinda hoping that Ishibumi would at least shed some light to us about Ise's future team, even 1 member would be enough.

Seriously all in all EX isn't really to my liking especially at the fact that Ise has 20 kids by 30 years and them being OP doesn't even help a bit. Then there's the sudden revelation of another Ophis/Great Red class. Yes it's a parallel world so having another being of their level isn't all that impossible but seriously sending kids to face this monster instead of adults, Ishibumi shouldn't have made it this way. His making it seemed like there's completely zero harmony in Ise's family and that Ise doesn't get along with his wives by not worrying about his kids facing this huge threat on their on. And all the adults in the world are irresponsible. At least Sirzechs went to make sure Hades doesn't interfere in V12 and Ajuka did the same with Shiva but here they're sending only Gasper to help the kids in fending off against a super monster. Shouldn't they at least send several additional forces like DxD has instead. This is clearly hyping to kids too far especially since the entire DxD team was needed to fight against 666 yet only 10 kids are required against another same class being.

Last edited by G147; 2015-11-14 at 04:57.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 03:38   Link #676
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Kinda disappointed in EX, for being called the next generation it doesn't feel like one. It feels entirely like the Hyoudou family tree 30 years later. I would have preferred it having just Kurenai, Zen and Ex/Ix from Ise's children and some children from Kiba and other friends instead of Ise having 20 kids and out of it 10 of them are God Slayers.
So true, As amusing as it is to know he has 20 kids i would have loved to see the children of either Kiba Sairaorg or Sona or any other
Old 2015-11-14, 06:06   Link #677
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
Not according to Zen and Kurenai

The entire universe knows Issei is a pervert
His kids knowing does not have to mean he's spending a lot of time with them

Still waiting for a real explanation of why he'd be this busy that his son is closer to Vali of all people

People in dxd can teleport for God's sake
1. Devil's have low birth rate and he has a huge amount of kids so he must have spent quite a bit of time to get them in the first place.

2. Its been 3 decades so its likely Ise and Vali's relationship is different than what it is now, maybe Ise asked him to look after the kids or Ix went to Vali because he was Ise's rival. Its the same reason why Naruto's son was closer to Sasuke than to his own father, teenagers can't stand their father, they want to rebel and be different.

3. The kids show that they have had seen his perverted nature first hand, they were embarrassed and their reaction infers that they have seen this many times before when they saw their parents goofing around.

4. The girls have lives of their own, for instance Akeno working with the other Fallen Angels and Rias having to run things back at the House of Gremory, its likely they are all busy. They are not house wives, so Ise not being around as much isn't going to kill them, they probably don't have time either. Also Ravel controls his schedule, if he was neglecting his family she would arrange for more time with them, so his wives are okay with his situation.
Old 2015-11-14, 07:33   Link #678
Chris38

You know ... considering the fact that Ravel is managing Ise's schedule and probably has a quite easy way to get to his current working location, I wonder if she sometimes shifts Ise's schedule to arrange some time ... that she could spend with Ise alone and do some 'stuff' with him.

It also makes me wonder if Ise has got some secondary 'managers' in case Ravel is unable of performing her 'duties'
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 08:21   Link #679
Chichiryuushintei

@saw: Even Azazel said Ise's a shitty dad. Hell, he called it American-style or whatever for him making lots of kids but then not raising them.

@about sending the kids instead of adults: Apparently Ise himself had some sacrifice during the war (which is bullcrap if we go by how strong the kids are) but that doesn't excuse not sending Sairaorg, Vali, Dulio, Cao Cao and the other Top-Tiers like Sirzechs, Thor, Zeus and etc, hell, even Shiva would be of great help, since he was willing to fight if the world is at stake.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 08:44   Link #680
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
@saw: Even Azazel said Ise's a shitty dad. Hell, he called it American-style or whatever for him making lots of kids but then not raising them.

@about sending the kids instead of adults: Apparently Ise himself had some sacrifice during the war (which is bullcrap if we go by how strong the kids are) but that doesn't excuse not sending Sairaorg, Vali, Dulio, Cao Cao and the other Top-Tiers like Sirzechs, Thor, Zeus and etc, hell, even Shiva would be of great help, since he was willing to fight if the world is at stake.
Maybe they didn't send them because it would inevitably cause problems with the ones that already exist?
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote