AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-11-11, 11:57   Link #221
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

This installation time is too damn long!
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 12:55   Link #222
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quick tip I accidentally discovered while playing:

There's a Cryolator freeze gun locked behind a Master lock in Vault 111 at the beginning of the game. Of course, you're supposed to level up to the point where you can pick it, but if you meet up with Dogmeat and return, he can actually fetch the gun for you behind the lock.

This gun is beast. It just freezes most enemies I've run across in one hit, including that pesky Deathclaw outside of the Minutemen stronghold. You only get 200 shots at the beginning and the ammunition for it is frightfully expensive, but hey, it's a crazy gun.
Old 2015-11-11, 17:23   Link #223
Vitne Eveille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroi Sekai View Post
Quick tip I accidentally discovered while playing:

There's a Cryolator freeze gun locked behind a Master lock in Vault 111 at the beginning of the game. Of course, you're supposed to level up to the point where you can pick it, but if you meet up with Dogmeat and return, he can actually fetch the gun for you behind the lock.

This gun is beast. It just freezes most enemies I've run across in one hit, including that pesky Deathclaw outside of the Minutemen stronghold. You only get 200 shots at the beginning and the ammunition for it is frightfully expensive, but hey, it's a crazy gun.
Ahh thanks for this! I'm gonna try it

-my official website & blog-
-download my new EP (free)- ♫♫
Vitne Eveille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-12, 01:06   Link #224
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2015-11-12, 08:49   Link #225
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Loving the game so far. No more prancing around in Power Armor all casual like a walking mortal god as you actually have to use it only when you need to.

The crafting and settlement thing is pretty good distraction and, I assume so far helpful in the long run, and modding helps keep your gear relevant as you spend less time and caps on looking for that new toy when you can just whack on a new upgrade on your trusty old 10mm.

Combat is still wonky and I kind of wish VATS still stopped time but hey what can you do.

The only thing I don't like is the presentation of the perks, it's confusing to get the ones you want from that chart honestly.

Anyway I specced myself in such a way that I can start perking myself immediately to crafting.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 08:29   Link #226
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Managed to get a good chunk of hours into the game. It's still rather underwhelming despite my low expectations to begin with. While the modular upgrade system is nice, it's fairly limited in variety and combination as the mods are limited to the base weapons. Would have been nice if i could strap a sniper rifle barrel to a pistol and etc to create some truly crazy combination.

The settlement construction system is undercooked. I understand they want it to be optional for players that doesn't want to do it but there's just so little point to building up one settlement let alone others that peppered the Boston wasteland beyond aesthetics and some minor benefits. They should have worked into the gameplay loop like MGS V's motherbase.

My biggest gripe so far is the lack of conversation and alternatives to combat in solving missions. Every mission for me so far have been going in and gunning down my targets. Where's the pacifist route? What's the point of Charisma stat? Maybe it will get better later but maaan, this is such a huge farcry from the original Fallouts, it's kinda makes me angry and sad.

I'm still early into the game (level 18). Maybe it gets better later on but so far, i feel Skyrim had better stories and NPCs than Fallout 4.
Old 2015-11-14, 15:03   Link #227
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

I still need to finish skyrim...

god damn you Bethesda!!!
Old 2015-11-15, 01:22   Link #228
Velsy

Been playing for plenty of hours so far, but I havent really made my way to diamond city yet... Been from Sanctuary, to Sunshine Tidings co-op and a few of the places in between. I've been mostly working on the settlements, spent time building up Sanctuary, and now Sunshine Tidings.

Plenty of things I like about the game, and plenty I dont like... The RPG elements are frigging poor. SPECIALS are frigging useless other than relating to perks... SPECIALS should be base stats which you can improve a little over time. Not max out EVERYTHING <.<. And to that end, you start off with a "weak" character with an average of 4.

Settlement building, while might seems fun at first, becomes frigging annoying too..... Say like try building a junkyard fence, or even a normal fence..... Normal fence doesnt scale to teh ground and the Junkyard fence has problems connecting them because it always goes red and doesnt allow you to place it. So you have a junkyard fence with gaps in between which pisses you off if you want to build a competant fence for a settlement... Bethesda need to play test this more ! Even so, I still want to build some settlements <.< hopefully mods can fix this ><

Controls are frigging horrible too. Half of them you can't even Keybind yourself :/ defuq Bethseda ? Done it a few times. Gun bash ghouls/rats/dogs that get in my face, only to throw a grenade in its face and mine. Why do they have to be the same key ><

Well I recently found a Revolver rifle and as semi-auto weapons is sorta my preferred style (like Laser rifles). As of last night I came a cross a bandit who dropped a combat rifle. Holy shit, this rifle was awesome. Will made good use of it until later when I find the energy weapons. Still using the 10mm Sidearm as a back up. I have a feeling its going to be hard to let go once I get into the energy weapons later on ><

About to start making another settlement at Startlight Drive inn (where I left off last night after clearing it).

TLR
While theres parts to this game that look promising and nice, some silly bad design choices really ruin it :/ But I guess I still have more to see of this game.

Skyrim was a mixed bag for me in the same sense. So I guess fallout 4 is the same. Seems Bethesda didnt take notes from Obsidians Fallout NV :/ Something thats prevented them from creating a truly astounding game.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 05:01   Link #229
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

A random settler in Sanctuary just wore one of my my power armor suits to fight my radscorpions... and refuses to get out.

I had to pickpocket the core from her to get her out.

Word of warning guys if you don't want settlers taking your armors on joyrides remove the cores.
Old 2015-11-15, 06:09   Link #230
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Grenade and melee sharing a key is pretty bad. I also am not a fan of the fact the game doesn't even tell you that you can use the 1, 2, 3 and 4 keys for conversations in addition to the arrow keys.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 12:20   Link #231
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The game finally finished installing last night for me. Too bad I got shit to do today first.
Old 2015-11-15, 12:40   Link #232
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Grenade and melee sharing a key is pretty bad. I also am not a fan of the fact the game doesn't even tell you that you can use the 1, 2, 3 and 4 keys for conversations in addition to the arrow keys.
I was really annoyed by it. Till I just got used to it after hearing the click sound. Only a little annoyed now. Didn't even know about the number keys working in conversations.
Old 2015-11-15, 21:36   Link #233
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I was just blindly following the Minutemen campaign when I ran across an absolute terror, my first Mirelurk Queen. I am warning you now, this thing is absolutely insane.

Not only is the damn thing absolutely loaded on health and armoured around its entire MASSIVE back, but it has a monstrous range for its acid spit that just drains your life in seconds, even with power armour on. I ended up using 2 mini nukes, 6 rockets, a bottlecap mine and all of my sniper bullets to take it down. It was a terrible disadvantage, and the damn thing was so creepy.

Just be careful around the wasteland. Deathclaws are scary, but these giant beasts are beyond nightmarish.
Old 2015-11-15, 22:17   Link #234
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroi Sekai View Post
I was just blindly following the Minutemen campaign when I ran across an absolute terror, my first Mirelurk Queen. I am warning you now, this thing is absolutely insane.

Not only is the damn thing absolutely loaded on health and armoured around its entire MASSIVE back, but it has a monstrous range for its acid spit that just drains your life in seconds, even with power armour on. I ended up using 2 mini nukes, 6 rockets, a bottlecap mine and all of my sniper bullets to take it down. It was a terrible disadvantage, and the damn thing was so creepy.

Just be careful around the wasteland. Deathclaws are scary, but these giant beasts are beyond nightmarish.
What level were you when you fought the queen? A friend of mine was saying wait till like level 20. Even though the enemies scale with your level anyways.
Old 2015-11-16, 00:53   Link #235
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
A random settler in Sanctuary just wore one of my my power armor suits to fight my radscorpions... and refuses to get out.

I had to pickpocket the core from her to get her out.

Word of warning guys if you don't want settlers taking your armors on joyrides remove the cores.
Thats kinda half cool. I have a 2nd power armor suit and I was wondering if I could have it for base defense. Like having a civy on standby ready to deploy in it. But I was skeptical that Bethesda would actually program this. The way you say troublr getting back off him, or if they waste valuable fusion core energy sounds like a problem tho.

Btw, I encountered a raider with a mini gun. and after dropping him, the last raider ran over and picked it up. Unfortunately for him, I dropped him before he could get it firing on me like the previous owner. I thought that was pretty cool and clever actually.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 04:20   Link #236
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Thats kinda half cool. I have a 2nd power armor suit and I was wondering if I could have it for base defense. Like having a civy on standby ready to deploy in it. But I was skeptical that Bethesda would actually program this. The way you say troublr getting back off him, or if they waste valuable fusion core energy sounds like a problem tho.

Btw, I encountered a raider with a mini gun. and after dropping him, the last raider ran over and picked it up. Unfortunately for him, I dropped him before he could get it firing on me like the previous owner. I thought that was pretty cool and clever actually.
AFAIK the fusion core doesn't drain. Probably.

So... anyone got locations for full suits of T-51, T-60 and that X-01?
Old 2015-11-16, 06:11   Link #237
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

There is a t-51 suit at the National Guard Training ground, but its missing a leg and head I think.
Old 2015-11-16, 07:48   Link #238
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

A lot of PA sets I've found are missing pieces...

Also I'm kinda bemused at myself; New Vegas was a lot easier for me because I managed to get the Ratslayer early on. ^_^;; Also the gun mods are interesting to me.

And I'm a little amused that the illuminated iron sights - aka Glow Sights - require Nuclear materials. Well, it's kinda got some grounding in real life.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 11:47   Link #239
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
There is a t-51 suit at the National Guard Training ground, but its missing a leg and head I think.
It's random, I got a X-01 head,body and arm from that location.
Old 2015-11-16, 12:11   Link #240
shadow1296

well if you have an empty power armor you can purchase a full set of t-60 at the atom cats garage