AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-05-26, 04:33   Link #1
WLegend
Driven

What Image is Kish trying to make out of Naruto???

I've been thinking, does Naruto have down syndrome???he has been pretty stupid.
I seriously don't know what image Kish is trying to make out of Naruto...the image of Naruto is not something worth understanding...

He is definitly not trying to say if the underdog work hard, he can become as good as the gifted(favored). He is not trying to say the underdog is lucky.
WLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 04:51   Link #2
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^

Have you ever watched shonen anime sir?? Yusuke Uramechi, Yoh Asuka, Goku, Monkey D. Luffy, Ichigo, so on and so forth...Those guys all put together wouldn't equal a 20 watt lightbulb in brightness...Add Naruto to the mix and we're talking a barely dim room...Shonen has a history of main leads that aren't the smartest, but still come thru in the clutch (especially when their friends are in trouble)...Naruto isn't that much different...If the fillers have done anything they have personified this fact to a neck-snapping degree...Minus the filler I'd say Kishi's is trying to say what has almost always been the case with these type of characters...,"Main heroes are found in the most unlikley of characters..."
Old 2006-05-26, 05:10   Link #3
WLegend
Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
^

Have you ever watched shonen anime sir?? Yusuke Uramechi, Yoh Asuka, Goku, Monkey D. Luffy, Ichigo, so on and so forth...Those guys all put together wouldn't equal a 20 watt lightbulb in brightness...Add Naruto to the mix and we're talking a barely dim room...Shonen has a history of main leads that aren't the smartest, but still come thru in the clutch (especially when their friends are in trouble)...Naruto isn't that much different...If the fillers have done anything they have personified this fact to a neck-snapping degree...Minus the filler I'd say Kishi's is trying to say what has almost always been the case with these type of characters...,"Main heroes are found in the most unlikley of characters..."
No duh they gotta come thru in the clutch...!!!!or else it would have been bad ending, I dunno what u mean by Heroes are found in most unlikley of Character. U gotta give me more details. Everyone Characters is different, but what im trying to know what Character he is trying to display of Naruto. What is he trying to tell the younger generation. The idiotic is special? because they are unpredictible? That is the confusing part. If i were to ask you to give me one sentence(or even a summary) to describe Naruto in the best of your knowledge???what will it be???

btw: Yusuke Uramechi, Yoh Asuka, Goku, Monkey D. Luffy, Ichigo
These Character is very strong to start with.

Last edited by WLegend; 2006-05-26 at 05:21.
Old 2006-05-26, 05:23   Link #4
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Clean up your language, boy. I believe Kishi tries to use Naruto to give the message that with sheer hard work, even an idiot will shine (like how Naruto the idiot finally summon Gamabunta, and learnt a high level jutsu like Rasengan).

Naruto is this: A hardworking, iron willed idiot with a dream.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 05:30   Link #5
WLegend
Driven

This is American, Free will to express and plus im not typing any bad words specifically...
Old 2006-05-26, 05:47   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

What I mean is all these characters are characters that if you had to judge on merely appearances or attitudes alone one wouldn't automatically come to the conclusion that they are the "Savoir" or "The chosen one" or the special one" but somehow they all rise to the challenge and excel far beyond what seemed to be intended...Naruto isn't much different and we have yet to get a grasp of his finite development...I think Kishi is trying to say (and lets not believe he is finished saying what he has to say) the same trite, general, cliche stuff that has been proven to work for years..."Don't give up.." "Persevere thru the tuff times..." "Friendship conquers all...", "The Prince isn't always greater than the Pauper.." Geniuses aren't always the most talented...", etc., Now these things are told in different ways depending on what story has the "Naruto-ish" character but they are things that commonly exist...Just choose which one you want to latch on to, but I doubt he's trying to convey 100% "the idiotic is special" however that may be part of it (like that's part of Goku's character)...

Quote:
If i were to ask you to give me one sentence(or even a summary) to describe Naruto in the best of your knowledge???what will it be???
Naruto is the fun-loving former loser who cherished and coveted the simple thing most other kids around him got as a natural part of life...Acceptance and love...Instead of going the natural dark path of a character so ostracized he found frienship and acceptance and is now willing to fight for that at all costs...While not extremely smart or intelligent he has a "surprisabilty" factor that's hard to read because of his goofy and unconventional battle techniques...He has a heart of gold and this same thing that makes others believe in him may also be his greatest weakness...He has shown the ability to increase his battle strength thru actually confrontations and not necessarily the experience from prior battles...He understands that he has a special power but doesn't totally rely on it and believes a drop-out like himself can still surpass whatever terrible place in life he once thought he was heading...He has replaced that former void with a dream, a dream to be the hope of his village (Hokage)...

Is that more or less on the ball??

Now this is what Kishi has told me about Naruto...as for you, can't say if your looking or not...
Old 2006-05-26, 05:55   Link #7
Itachi 216
Sharingan Heir

Send a message via AIM to Itachi 216 Send a message via MSN to Itachi 216 Send a message via Yahoo to Itachi 216
Mincemaker is completely right. Like Ueki too, Naruto acts (or more like IS) an idiot that will protect his friends no matter what he has to do. With the dream of becoming hokage. Reminds me of Ueki in: "The Law of Ueki". He kept raising his star level to be stronger so that he can protect his friends. And he was one - big - idiot.

PS: WLegend, this isnt America, this is a forum :P
Itachi 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 06:08   Link #8
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker
Clean up your language, boy. I believe Kishi tries to use Naruto to give the message that with sheer hard work, even an idiot will shine (like how Naruto the idiot finally summon Gamabunta, and learnt a high level jutsu like Rasengan).

Naruto is this: A hardworking, iron willed idiot with a dream.
Please reread the manga
Just one example: in the Naruto vs Neji fight he tricked Neji two times, the 1st time with one of his clones pretending to be the real naruto, and the second time by making an underground tunnel and at the same time pretending to just lying on the ground. Both tricks succeeded against a so called genius. Others might be "more grown up", living more like an adult, while he does all those childish things. Being so emotional and driven by feelings and such is not equal to being an idiot.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 11:03   Link #9
tritoch

Gon from HxH would be the only character from shonen anime that actually has the smarts.

As for Naruto, his ability to step up when he needs to (especially for his friends) is his greatest strength. He may act childish but thats understandable since he was deprived of having a normal childhood. His dream of becoming Hokage after being ridiculed by the village is something to be proud of. Like what Wingdarkness said, he didn't go on unto the path of the darkside. Most of the generic characters that have this background usually end up wanting the wrong kind of power but for Naruto, sheer hardwork and determination as well as being underestimated is his true weapon and he has proven that countless times whenever he saves his friends from danger.

Basically a recap of what wingdarkness said. XD

Also, ever heard of the phrase: "the talented is defeated by the prepared, the prepared is beaten by the hardworking, the hardworking is defeated by the talented?" Its a modification of the rockxpaperxscissor. And its used alot in Naruto.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 11:20   Link #10
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Gon from HxH would be the only character from shonen anime that actually has the smarts.
The are other Principal Characters in Shonne that have smart type of thinking, I consider Ichigo of bleach one of this.

In the case of Gon for HxH, what he is pure of heart, more like Goku, the smart one is Killua.

Naruto is just that a hardworking person that would stop at nothing to reach its goal, even if those around him tell him that this is impossible, He still is a Clumsy, Charismatic, friendly, and funny character, I like those kind of people.
Old 2006-05-26, 11:57   Link #11
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
The are other Principal Characters in Shonne that have smart type of thinking, I consider Ichigo of bleach one of this.
Ichigo? I´ve never seen him as a clever kid. He´s just been following the thinking of others while using his enormous strength. And in battles when he´s in a pinch it´s just basically been him powering up. But if you would have written Ishida I would have agreed with you.

The only time I´ve been irritated with Naruto was how he acted against Neji when Hinata got her ass handed to her. If I were Neji... Naruto would have been an allowed target at that time when he jumped down and entered the "battlefield". But all in all I like Naruto´s style. He´s honest and hardworking. And in contrast to Sasuke he doesn´t need to look down on others.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 12:01   Link #12
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
Ichigo? I´ve never seen him as a clever kid. He´s just been following the thinking of others while using his enormous strength. And in battles when he´s in a pinch it´s just basically been him powering up. But if you would have said Ishida I would have agreed with you.´
He has not shown a level of Intelligence as Ishida, but nonetheless he is not your average Principal Character that is really not aware what’s happening, the problem with Ichigo in this place is that he is somewhat hot tempered. Ichigo alone has been able to figure difficult situations where other principal characters have failed to show this smartness.
Old 2006-05-26, 12:31   Link #13
Spawnblade

Having a main character who is not the brightest, not the most mature, gives plenty of room for growth and development.

This is seen far more in the manga since there isn't fillers, the largest reason I don't watch the anime is because I'm tired of them regressing him back to he was before the anime even started.

Growth provides entertainment for viewers, knowing that the character is maturing gives a certain feel of hope to desperate situations.

That is why it is so common in anime... After all, if Naruto was a genius, who was perfect, the show would not have gone on for 100+ episodes. It would have been one of the shorter animes that have the main character go on a single quest, since it would otherwise grow dull in the static setting.
Spawnblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 12:45   Link #14
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
He has not shown a level of Intelligence as Ishida, but nonetheless he is not your average Principal Character that is really not aware what’s happening, the problem with Ichigo in this place is that he is somewhat hot tempered. Ichigo alone has been able to figure difficult situations where other principal characters have failed to show this smartness.
True enough.

But no one beats Ishida. Glasses (and lenses) for the win!

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 14:49   Link #15
WLegend
Driven

Man, Naruto isn't much different from any Main character in general, it's ovious the main Character will be a good guy in the end saving his friends butt. But one thing i see in Naruto is that, he doesn't have much growth in attitude, he is the same dude with no maturity growths, he doesn everything in a life and death situation for him to do anything.

I guess Naruto always will be a dumb ass with some luck on his back, because thats how Kish made it. I haven't seen Naruto true abilities, he only uses good thinking in clutch, which isn't all that bad. But it makes it seem like luck. At doing anything, he need to be push to the corner, if he is not push to the corner, he gets no results, its not even about hard working for him. It was never hard working for him, he is not like a Lee which is hard working 24/7. Yet he is not a true underdog because he has kyuubi on his back...i dunno what is he???. To me now, he is just someone stupid kid, that inherited alot of money from Yondaime, and waiting to get it once he turns 18....(metaphore) .
Old 2006-05-26, 21:51   Link #16
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^You're just being difficult now...Just cause your frustrated with what Naruto means to you doesn't mean the rest of us are lost in the forest....I have alot of problems with Naruto that have nothing to do with my impressions of his character...
Old 2006-05-26, 22:30   Link #17
tritoch

What wing said!
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote